Approved how to be a good user in the OU room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
pretty simple. I just want to write a brief article on how to be a good user in the OU room because as a mod there, I know what you should and shouldn't do, and if people read this they would know why things are the way they are

Can you give a sample of what you want to write? Normally we request our contributors to include each section they plan to write about in their submission since idk how this article will stand out from the obvious stuff like "use common sense" and "follow the global rules". Unless you want to change this to be an article about the OU room in general, but I'd still need to know exactly what you plan on writing.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
basically itd be intro > dos > donts > conclusion. ill list an example for each:

The Dos:

Do respect other users. It is not acceptable to flame another user for his or her opinion on a certain topic, even if what that user is saying happens to be false. No one likes a dick, and being one will not get you anywhere. Instead of saying, "rofl why wud u use 'X' move on 'X' mon, thats like one of its worst moves lmao." Say something more along the lines of, "'X' mon doesnt really have the moveslot to run 'X' move because 'X'."

The Don'ts:

Do not pester the mods to start a tournament, whether it be in the chat or via PM. We don't have a set schedule for making them (aside from the Weekly Tours Series), but we cannot make them every time someone requests one. Mods and Drivers need to be present and active to make sure things run smoothly. Generally speaking, we will not host a tour unless it is certain that a room auth will be present during its course and is willing to moderate it (this includes DQing people, making the decision in the case of the 150 turn rule, etc). It's perfectly fine to ask a mod (whether through PM or in the chat) to create one if there hasn't been a tour in a few hours, but be respectful when doing so and don't complain if one of us says no. And do not spam our PMs if we do not immediately respond, either. That is a good way to get on our bad side and possibly muted in the room.

ill compile a list of stuff like this with the help of the other auths of the room. i linked a piratepad to our staff convo so the other guys can put stuff there that they feel needs to be covered. in the conclusion i may add a little tip on how to get voiced depending on what the other say.

Eh, most of it still seems like common sense, but I'm cool with it. Wait for another mod to fully approve this and then you'll get workshop access.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I second that approval, but make sure the stuff you mention is specific to the OU room, and not just being a good user in general. The stuff you have up there is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)