SM OU Hopefully good team

Hey, I'm not much of a huge competitive battler, but I decided to give it a try. Please tell me how to improve and become better :toast:

Toad (Breloom) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch

Breloom can make for a decent staller with Spore, Leech Seed and Poison Heal. It also is able to finish off strong opponents with a STAB Mach Punch and Stab Drain Punch.

Genji (Greninja-Ash) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Ash Greninja has amazing Speed and Sp Atk, making it one of the best special sweepers in OU. I have taken down multiple powerful sweepers, such as Kartana and Mega Garchomp. While the ability only triggers when an opponent has been taken down by a direct attack, I have had no trouble with regular Greninja when it comes down to breaking through walls.

Abomination (Kyurem-Black) @ Power Herb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
- Freeze Shock

Kyurem-Black has one of the highest Attack stats in the OU tier, making it an effective Wall Breaker. Iron Head allows it to deal with pesky fairy types such as the guardian deities and Clefable with ease. Roost allows for some much needed recovery.

Sylvester (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Rock Slide
- Extreme Speed

Zygarde's Natural Bulk allows for an effective Tank. Coil unlocks Zygarde's true potential, and Thousand Arrows allows pokemon with Levitate to be hit by Zygarde much easier, and Rock Slide allows for more coverage against ice types, along eith Extreme Speed to finish them off.

Zenyatta (Medicham-Mega) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Recover
- Fake Out

Mega Medicham is a powerful Wall-Breaker with a high speed stat to boot. Stab High Jump Kick allows for devastating strikes, as Pure Power is active. Ice Punch allows for coverage against flying, dragon and grass type opponents, as well as any pokemon not effected by fighting type moves. Recover allows for Mega Medicham to gain much needed health back.

Perry (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 124 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Spikes

Ferrothorn's Bulk and use of iron barbs allows for an effective staller. His low speed allows for powerful STAB Gyro Ball attacks, and use of spikes halts opponents from switching out. Leech Seed works wonders for healing Ferrothorn up and Toxic allows for a higher damage output per turn.

Always nice to see new people getting into competitive mons!

Breloom is extremely frail thanks to a combination of low defensive stats and typing, making it difficult to stall out much of anything. An offensive set would benefit you much more here.
Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
This set allows you to put something to sleep with Spore and then start boosting your attacking power with Swords Dance. Bullet Seed is there as a strong stab move, as well as Mach Punch to revenge kill weakened mons.

Next up is Greninja. The moves you have aren't necessarily bad, although it looks like an XY life orb greninja. I would swap out either U-Turn or Ice Beam for Water Shuriken, a strong priority move that helps trigger your bond ability. Assault Vest should never be used on Greninja, as it too frail to utilize it and should get Choice Specs to truly be an offensive presence.

On to Kyurem-Black. Kyurem's true wall breaking potential is brought out by its Icium-Z set, able to nuke its way through most pokemon in the meta. Iron Head is useless for this reason as well as power herb since Freeze Shock will not need to be powered up. Ice Beam will be your new spammable ice type move, and you can choose your choice of coverage move, either Earth Power for mons like Heatran or Hidden Power Fire for Ferrothron and Scizor.
Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Your Medicham set is great, except you should be running Zen Headbutt>Recover for mons like Mega Venusar and Toxapex. Recover is useless due to how frail Medicham is because you most likely won't be able to get a Recover off and take a low enough amount of damage that turn to make it worthwhile.

And finally your Ferrothorn set isn't bad either, but this team could use Stealth Rocks>Spikes and Power Whip>Toxic is an option to hit water types.

The team itself is honestly weak to many things, though it is best to start by learning how to best utilize each mon, which is why i didn't go much into matchups.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/ou/ is a great resource for finding out the best sets for OU pokemon as well as why they are run. Obviously you shouldnt just copy those sets if they don't fit onto your team, but they are commonly used for a reason.

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)