Homework Help Thread

Although much of this community is well past their school years, these forums do have their fair share of high school and college students (me included). So go ahead and ask for help on anything. Doesn't matter what. Could be logarithms, or organic chemistry, or like an essay or something, just ask for help and someone might help (no promises though. I can't control the other posters)

In one of my grad classes a professor of mine asked if we knew of the tilted glass problem. It looks something like the image below only instead of the 3 example answers, it is a black rectangle. I answered the one most similar to "B" and was told it was incorrect. Using trigonometry, can someone please guide me in the right direction?

1711999147060.png

I'm writing an essay for my english class on the holocaust or something. I ended up procrastinating a little too much (due date is sunday) and I now have a half-finished (3 paragraphs) essay and I probably won't have time to do a bunch of planning stuff that I need for the full grade. How can I make it seem like I had a rough draft even though I didn't? Advice for faking a peer review would also be appreciated.

I'm writing an essay for my english class on the holocaust or something. I ended up procrastinating a little too much (due date is sunday) and I now have a half-finished (3 paragraphs) essay and I probably won't have time to do a bunch of planning stuff that I need for the full grade. How can I make it seem like I had a rough draft even though I didn't? Advice for faking a peer review would also be appreciated.
Is it like, generally about the Holocaust? Like an essay where you just write down what happened?

If so, I'd say make a timeline. Goes rather quickly and it works as a draft. Start with the condition Europe and especially Germany was in post WWI, go through the rise of fascism, Reichskristallnacht, through the invasion of Poland... Until the founding of Israel or just generally the end of the 40s I'd say. You can display it in blocks with some bullet points, I'd say 10-15 blocks should give a rough overview of the topic

Is it like, generally about the Holocaust? Like an essay where you just write down what happened?

If so, I'd say make a timeline. Goes rather quickly and it works as a draft. Start with the condition Europe and especially Germany was in post WWI, go through the rise of fascism, Reichskristallnacht, through the invasion of Poland... Until the founding of Israel or just generally the end of the 40s I'd say. You can display it in blocks with some bullet points, I'd say 10-15 blocks should give a rough overview of the topic
The essay is more about like human nature and what's inherently evil and whatnot, but the main book (Night by Ellie Wiesel) as well as like half of the articles and stuff are about the holocaust.

The essay is more about like human nature and what's inherently evil and whatnot, but the main book (Night by Ellie Wiesel) as well as like half of the articles and stuff are about the holocaust.
Hmm that makes it more difficult

I haven't read the book myself. How far should the draft be in terms of completion?

I would read the synopses of the articles and try to find a potential through line in connection with the book. Like if one article is about the historic definition of evil, that would be good starting point. If another article is about how evil was cultivated in societies, that can be connected well in a clear path with the first article, I'd say

If you just have this pathway and display it in a cohesive draft, that could be a good result with rather moderate work

In one of my grad classes a professor of mine asked if we knew of the tilted glass problem. It looks something like the image below only instead of the 3 example answers, it is a black rectangle. I answered the one most similar to "B" and was told it was incorrect. Using trigonometry, can someone please guide me in the right direction?

View attachment 621169
Hi! The problem was to identify the position of the water, right? (I'm not sure if I understood correctly)
I know it's a bit too late but it caught my curiosity. Besides, has your teacher already given you the answer?
Have a nice day!

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!

View attachment 621169
I'm interested, what are you supposed to be finding here?

I'm interested, what are you supposed to be finding here?
I assume its about finding the position of the water when it is tilted???
I dunno, but a doubt that most 13 year olds can figure it out if its something else.
I believe its the first one out of the 3 tilted glasses if thats that I am supposed to find.

I assume its about finding the position of the water when it is tilted???
I dunno, but a doubt that most 13 year olds can figure it out if its something else.
I believe its the first one out of the 3 tilted glasses if thats that I am supposed to find.
It's not hard to test in the real world — just fill a glass halfway with water and tilt it — but using trigonometry to explain why it does what it does is beyond me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)