Here we go again

What's your favorite competitive tier?

• Total voters
This is an all-out choice item offensive team, something that I've always been into. My Gallade is the only non-choice Pokemon.

Banded U-turn Lead

Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SpDef
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

When Infernape is sent out, it's main purpose is to defeat the opposing lead, or if the match-up is unfavorable, hit and run via U-turn. And with 346 Speed, that's not very difficult, outspeeding most of the metagame. Infernape can also scout switches with U-turn.

Physical Attacker #2

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SpDef
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash

Insult me all you want for using Electivire's Glory-in-2007-to-Guts-in 2012 brother, but this guy can pick off a rather large assortment of Pokemon. Scarf Flygon, +1 Dragonite with some prior damage all fall to Weavile's Ice Shard or Ice Punch. Night Slash picks off Psychics like Alakazam, and Brick Break lets it hit Rocks and Steels.

Special Attacker #1

Porygon-Z (Porygonz) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpAtk/6 SpDef
Modest nature (+SpAtk,-Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack

Porygon-Z, as one of the best Special Attackers in OU, if not the best, can make up for it's rather bland Speed stat with Choice Scarf, enabling a complete monster with 405 Sp.Atk and about 379 Speed. Tri Attack hits all types well, and that's where BoltBeam and DPulse come in. BoltBeam picks off Rocks and Steels, and DPulse does the same with ghosts.

Special Attacker #2

Alakazam (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
-Signal Beam

Yet another beast with about 519 Sp.Atk and 372 Speed, Alakazam is a back-up Special Attacker to Porygon-Z. Timid to outspeed every non-Scarfed Gengar and KO it with Psychic.

The Rebel with no Choice Item

Gallade (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Substitute

Gallade makes up for it's mediocre speed through a pairing of Substitute and Salac Berry to create the infamous "SubSalac" combonation. Psycho Cut and Close Combat are for STAB, and Ice Punch owns Dragons and resistors of both CC and PCut.

Zippy Electric-Type

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Naive nature (+Spd,-SpDef)
- Explosion
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone is an excellent revenge killer with a Choice Scarf. TBolt and HP Ice make up BoltBeam, and Flash Cannon is for Ice and Rock types. Explosion wipes out Blissey.

That's the team, and thanks for reading! Please tell me potential threats and possible options over what I have.

Alright

Okay I like the fact that your team is all offensive(Thats what I do for my team also but with some tanks also) but giving 5 of those pokemon choice items is a bad idea. Thats because if you have a move you use and your opponent predicts it and switches out to a pokemon who is immune to the move, there is no other way you can attack the pokemon unless by switching out which makes your pokemon completely useless at that situation. More so, if the choice pokemon was your last pokemon, like lets say infernape is your last pokemon left and you decide to let him use flare blitz and I switch into my Flash fire Houndoom, all you can do is wait for Infernape to die by getting repeatedly attacked by Houndoom while Infernape just boosts Houndoom fire move to an unlimited amount of power. Same with your Magnezone,electric moves to a ground type and you have to switch out right away. This team requires alot of predictability. And I see that your trying to make this an all offensive team but they are all frail,thats the problem. Maybe make Magnezone a little bulky and not have explosion so you wouldnt have to get one of the -def nature. And gallade has excellent Sp def also. Maybe get a tank since they are offensive while acting defensively simultaneously. And one more thing, use a Porygonz with adaptability, your team is meant to sweep then adaptability is definitely the way to go since it will make his Tri attack much more powerful. Good Luck

hey, i suggest you to avoid the use of 5 choice pokemon, like helldog said. if you use infernape as a lead you can try the classic lead set, and with three special attackers, i suggest you to use a different version of alakazam, with life orb or focus sash: shadow ball is so much better than signal beam, and energy ball imo is better than grass knot. if you want to keep the specs i suggest a moveset of Psychic / Shadow ball / Focus blast / Trick, or a set with the life orb and substitute in the place of signal beam and shadow ball over grass knot. good team anyways.

EDIT: I've seen you are èpretty screwed by scarf terrakion, who outspeeds all of your pokes and can hit them back super effectively. to fix this i suggest you to try CB/SD Scizor over Magnezone, since with two powerhouses like alakazam and porygon Z you don't need it so much, and scizor can counter very well terrakion. without magnezone, you are walled by skarmory if Porygon-Z is KO. to fix this problem without change the team so much you can use a MixApe set, with fire blast for skarmory and close combact for blissey who stops porygon Z and Alakazam. hope this helpes :)

First of all, there's no such thing as Terrakion in D/P, which is what this team is for. About one millisecond after posting, I changed Grass Knot to Energy Ball and Signal Beam to Shadow Ball on Alakazam. I'm quite surprised that nobody suggested an SR lead like Azelf. Braseg257 recommended a lead Ape, but I like immediate offensive power with the CB set. Btw, I hate Scizor. I really like Choice Items, and I don't mind being locked into 1 move, so I changed Gallade from SubSalac to this:

Gallade (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Stone Edge

At least it's not completely wrecked by priority, right? Just don't ever recommend me a mix sweeper, as I like shooting at 1 offensive stat and Speed. Magnezone is fine as is, and MixApe did not work at all.

oh gosh what a mistake xD sorry. about the new set, i suggest an adamant nature for more power and ice ounch over stone edge, that seems a little bit useless since is mainly for gyarados and you already have porygon-Z with thunderbolt and magnezone.

If you're going to use an all-out choice item team, they should theoretically all have choice items yeah. It will limit your competitive potential a lot....an SR lead would make for one acceptable exception, in my opinion.

I've used CBAzelf as a lead, to prevent people from getting their SR up. With Explosion it kills just about everything, I believe. You could even give it a set of Explosion/U-turn/Zen Headbutt/SR, to still be able to lay down SR if you get the chance for it.

CBWeavile without Pursuit seems like wasted potential. I suggest putting it over Brick Break or Ice Punch. Probably the former, you don't want to be locked into a 75 BP nonSTAB fighting move. With Pursuit you can kill fleeing ghosts and psychics, allowing your scarfGallade to rampage through everything but dedicated physical walls.

DDGyarados can be somewhat of a threat to this team. Gallade with SE's 80% hit rate is a rather unreliable counter, while Magnezone gets killed by EQ or by Waterfall if it's taken some prior damage. To solve this, you could either change Magnezone to scarfJirachi (which still kills SDLucario), or change scarfGallade to a scarfed fighter with access to Thunderpunch (Lucario, Infernape...)
edit: Jolly Gyarados outspeeds scarfGallade after a DD, which further supports a change to Lucario or Infernape.

I love choice-themed teams. It can really draw out a lot of creativity by making challenges and restrictions that force you to work differently than you normally would. To be completely honest though, I am strongly in favor of all-choice teams that limit theirselves to one spectrum (either physical or special, with special having some crazy strong choices but the inevitable dread that is the pink blob).

Good luck with your team, hope I wasn't too critical or anything :)

Changed SE to Ice Punch on Gallade. I appreciate that you like choice teams, just like me.

EDIT: You were right on the Gyarados sweeping my team thing, so ThunderPunch went over Night Slash on Gallade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)