Lifestyle physical health/fitness thread

Recently purchased turkesterone. I've mainly used creatine and protein shakes as a form of maximum muscle development but am curious to see what this new trendy supplement can do.

Recently purchased turkesterone. I've mainly used creatine and protein shakes as a form of maximum muscle development but am curious to see what this new trendy supplement can do.
Nothing. It does nothing.
[Media]

All the effects people had from it came from suppliers spiking their supplements with anabolic steroids

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good day. Described incredibly well. At this point in time, I switched to proper nutrition - a calorie deficit, and also train in the gym on a systematic basis. Wish me luck with my weight loss.
Good luck to you.

Amazing credit is deserved for even making the tough decision to embark on a weight loss journey.

I've been doing it for over 10 years now with moderate to fantastic results. And the longest period of time I've been able to maintain my weight loss is 9 years (between 2011 and now, 2023).

Diet and a caloric deficit has been both my biggest issue and my greatest redemption and success. I mastered going to the gym and keeping a gym routine a long time ago, but what I eat and how much of it I eat seems to be my greatest reoccurring battle.

Good luck once again

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wanted to share my weight loss journey. I went from 213 pounds to 155 pounds, mainly through a calorie deficit and intermittent fasting. After I finished, I decided to build some muscle on the skinnier frame. Currently, I built up abs through consistent core exercises and toned muscles. I've learned that consistency and dedication are essential to losing weight or building muscle. Also, I cut out sweets and replaced them with fruits, which made me feel better and helped build muscle. To anyone who wants to lose weight, go for it you'll feel much better.

This year's been really hard for me in terms of working out. I was unable to progress the first half of the year, I was in my final semester of university, had a lot of problems with work and went through a pretty miserable loss. Additionally, I trained for a year straight, 3 times per week and never took a single week off. The combination made me extremely burnt out and my CNS was fried in april. My psychological resources were just completely drained. I took a 3 month break from working out

It helped me quite a lot. I was able to sleep soundly again. I still ran about thrice per week and walked all my ways instead of using public transport

I returned in august and I am growing quite a lot again. I am trying to bulk, it's really difficult, I spent very little time at home and bulking up when you're 194cm is a pretty miserable affair. But it's slowly working out

Started working out consistently a month ago for the first time since 2021. I’m regaining all my strength making great progress. This is the best I felt in a couple years I’m happy the work paying off.
Hello update to this I have almost retained all my previous strength from 2 years ago now squatting 385 lbs, benching 305lbs, then deadlift 405lbs ( still lower than previous max but almost there) I’m feeling GREAT.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Been a hell of a year for my strength training journey.

I won't go into all the details but tldr early this year I had a cartilage tear in my knee and tore my quad in two spots 3 weeks apart, so while my bench press has been great, my lower body training had stagnated for a lot of the year.

But, I got an expensive stem cell injection to regrow the cartilage in my knee 3 weeks ago that'll hopefully lead to a full recovery, my quad is better and I've switched coaches. So back on track and hoping to hit the following numbers in competition by the end of next year at 90kg (198lbs) bodyweight.

240kg squat (528lbs)
150kg bench (330lbs)
260kg deadlift (572lbs)

Ambitious but all numbers my coach thinks are possible. Excited to be healthy and start making some progress again.

I won't go into all the details but tldr early this year I had a cartilage tear in my knee and tore my quad in two spots 3 weeks apart, so while my bench press has been great, my lower body training had stagnated for a lot of the year.

But, I got an expensive stem cell injection to regrow the cartilage in my knee 3 weeks ago that'll hopefully lead to a full recovery, my quad is better and I've switched coaches. So back on track and hoping to hit the following numbers in competition by the end of next year at 90kg (198lbs) bodyweight.

240kg squat (528lbs)
150kg bench (330lbs)
260kg deadlift (572lbs)

Ambitious but all numbers my coach thinks are possible. Excited to be healthy and start making some progress again.
W I hope your knee keeps functioning well so you can attain your goals.

BIG loven

Not so little anymore

240kg squat (528lbs)
150kg bench (330lbs)
260kg deadlift (572lbs)

I am sorry to hear the beginning of your post.
I am happy for you upon the end of your post.
A few years ago, I had a compound fracture that needed orthopedic surgery. The first attempt was unsuccessful, and my bones had to be stapled back together. I have two plates, a rod, and several screws and bolts in my left forearm. It was beyond tough to get back into any exercise, downright excruciating pain. But I am blessed to be able to swim as I have in the past and even increase my regime to new heights, marking uncharted territory.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I am sorry to hear the beginning of your post.
I am happy for you upon the end of your post.
A few years ago, I had a compound fracture that needed orthopedic surgery. The first attempt was unsuccessful, and my bones had to be stapled back together. I have two plates, a rod, and several screws and bolts in my left forearm. It was beyond tough to get back into any exercise, downright excruciating pain. But I am blessed to be able to swim as I have in the past and even increase my regime to new heights, marking uncharted territory.
Compound fractures are some of the worst injuries imaginable, brutal to go through but awesome to hear you're setting swimming PBs in the aftermath!

And ty for your kind words ☺

Long story short, I want to tell my story about how I have lifting heavy for more than one year; but have to stop because my health.

I was a guy who never lifts in his life. And somehow stumble into gym because of a lifting program

Its name is Stronglifts, it promises that you can lift hundreds kilograms after progresive overload, and it hooked me!
You begin lifting at 20Kg, and exlusively lifts with compound lifts; squats, bench press, overhead press, deadlift, and barbell rows. What I love with this program is that you will not waste your time. You can lift two or three times a week. And you can spends your time in gym just only one hour!
This is why I adore this program and keep lifting for over one year! For record, this is my PR currently:
  • Squat: 107.5Kg
  • Bench Press: 60Kg
  • Barbel Row: 77.5Kg
  • OHP: 50Kg
  • Deadlift: 117.5Kg
But sadly, this have to end... I'm a myopic with diopters -9 (its -10 after chekup), and I have to visit an optometrist to check my eyes. The Doctor told me that I should not lift heavy anymore. I did not know that lifting heavy may cause retinal detachment, and my rather large diopters may increase the risk.
Reluctantly, I have to stop lifting, and I don't know how can change my exercise? The doctor actually suggests for cardiovascular exercise, or I can still lift but with lighter weights.
What that I cannot let go is that I'm sad to drop this Stronglifts program, I might want to switch program, but I don't know which lifting program that can replace Stronglifts.

Pak

fly higher
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Havent posted here in a while and feel the need to do some general lifting rambling. I posted in here about two years ago that I had finally benched 315 as I had wanted to do for a few years at that point. I started lifting in early 2014ish and everything sorta built up to that. Since then, I've definitely fallen off to some extent. It hasn't been an insane drop off or anything because I've continued to go lift about 5-6 days a week, but it hasn't been quite the priority it was before. In early 2022 I had just gotten my bachelor's degree, and then I got my first office job out of college a few months later. This comes in direct contrast to my main job in a grocery store through most of college, where I would routinely get like 10-15k steps on a regular basis. That and some other factors like going out and drinking more and whatever else, and I just haven't been what I used to be physically.

It's been a really weird phase for me considering how big a part of my life lifting has always been. To be completely honest, lifting helped me through a lot of hard times mentally and emotionally, just giving a productive outlet for any angst or frustration. However, as I have gotten into a better place in those areas over the years, it has had a bit of an inverse effect on my lifting. It isn't particularly shocking. These days I just care about more things than taking a ton of pre workout, going insane for an hour or 2, then not worrying about the consequences it could have on the rest of my life, whether it was having a harder time sleeping or being more anxious in general. Sure the physical results were there, but it definitely fed into my general unhappiness at the time. A lot of what drove me before was simply that I wasn't happy with where I was in my life or not feeling like I was good enough.

Of course I would much rather be in a good place emotionally than in slightly better shape with depression, but it has still been a little awkward to navigate. Even if it isn't lifting, we probably all have some sort of activity that we used to be really good at when we were younger with more time to invest in it and not as many other things to worry about in life. Then when we go back to them and aren't what we used to be, it can be pretty disheartening. That's sort of what it's been like the last couple years over time. It's not like I would dread going to the gym, but it was something I would do regularly and just go through the motions more often than I should've. However, I joined a new gym a few months ago and it is so much better than my last one it's insane. Better equipment, better environment, super close to my new apartment, etc. - basically everything you could ever hope for. I have been trying to make a point to take my workouts and nutrition more seriously again and it has lowkey made me fall in love with lifting again.

It sort of culminated in today in which I happened to be in the right mood, put on the right youtube videos, take the perfect amount of pre, etc. I was really pushing myself and came pretty close to some of my old personal bests. Sure I have been applying myself more recently, but I was fairly comfortably handling weights I hadn't even attempted in years. It put in perspective how much I was probably holding myself back by going through the motions instead of actively trying to improve and all that. Having a day like this was so encouraging after spending so much time telling everyone "i'm washed now but" whenever talking about lifting. Granted I've still probably been like 80-85% of where I was a couple years ago, but in my head for whatever reason it seemed like reaching those heights again was impossible. I just want to get back there so bad without trading off mental health or anything else that’s truly important. But yeah felt the need the word vomit all of this somewhere and thanks to anyone for reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)