hardest boss

so what was your hardest boss ever that took you so long to beat oryou never beat?

mine was mike tyson from punchout the older one
i never beat him ever. he always killed me in one punch.

so share your stories about a fight or something with the hardest boss

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright i bet i could beat it now if i still had my gamecube but the hardest difficulty on super smash brothers (very hard) on classic mode. It was pretty do-able up until the part wheres theres like 50 little guys and the can all destroy you in a few hits if anyone knows what im talking about. Then if you somehow got passed that you had to face the dual hands and that was damn near impossible.

Taboo in super Smash bros brawl on the highest difficulty. Even spamming B with Sonic doesn't kill him before he kills you with his one attack that hits all over the screen. and he's got a ton of health.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Taboo in super Smash bros brawl on the highest difficulty. Even spamming B with Sonic doesn't kill him before he kills you with his one attack that hits all over the screen. and he's got a ton of health.
Have you ever heard of, I don't know, the shield? Or maybe a dodge roll?

Thunderbird, and by extension Dark Link in Z2:AoL, is very hard as you get no break or refill in between. Sephiroth in KH2 is difficult without overleveling, and I honestly can't get past the Second World in SMBW. I suck at that. And Ninja Gaiden.

Colonel Longhena. He's pretty hard, but more importantly he's one of the greatest trolls in gaming, so failing to beat him becomes even more annoying. For the record, this dude told you to go against impossible odds and kill an entire army of aliens who suspiciously operate machinery quite similar to our tanks, planes and helicopters. When you succeed, he casually reveals that there were no aliens, you've been shooting down your fellow soldiers all along. Enter second loop.

See you in hell!

dude i forgot about that he was so hard i didnt know how to roll at thhe time

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Final boss in Bowser's inside story. Recovers to full health every time you almost kill him. And I imagine the Iron golem from FF3 would be pretty hard.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
ugh, i agree with this. i've tried for years and years to beat subspace mode on the highest difficulty, and i still haven't managed it. sonic is good for taking him on, but the most successful character in dealing with him that i've used is peach. with peach, at least you can float all over the screen and slap him with your air attacks. even so though, taboo's tremendous amount of attacks, huge power, and relative unpredictability make it really hard to take him out with any character. plus, yeah, he has health out the wazoo and can do the screen-clearing attack. i've basically given up on beating him, but if you have any tips for me, i'd be glad to hear them -.-

ps: sheilding and dodge rolling really don't work that well, as he can practically break your shield in one hit, while dodge rolling on some of taboo's attacks requires inhuman timing if you want to be able to keep evading him for too long.

Sidestep (shield + down), don't roll. If you're right under him during his Ring of Death attack it's pretty easy to time it.

Going to give the prize to the F-Zero GX final race. Still haven't beat it.

If anyone's played Baten Kaitos 1 [Gamecube], there is a rather bothersome boss by the end of the first disc. You don't know it's coming, and like most bosses prior it's not just 1 enemy... It's 3 enemies. 3 really tough annoying enemies. Oh and 1 of them goes twice, and the other is fast as hell so will always go first and strings out looooong as hell combos wasting your cards, and then the third guy can increase the team's attack and can poison you. -_- The worst thing is that you don't know it's coming, and the battle takes place on a ship... A ship of NO RETURN. Once you get on the ship, you cannot get off. So if you are underleveled you are basically screwed (There's a save flower right as you get on, that doesn't even heal you like usual saves...). Once you defeat the couple enemies on board nothing else will spawn, so you have no chance of leveling up.

-shudder-

Going to give the prize to the F-Zero GX final race. Still haven't beat it.
I can't even get past the first mission on that game. I HATE THAT GAME.

The spider in the Materials Transfer Lift in Metroid Other M on Hard Mode. It has a lot of health, and all its attacks are extremely fast and kill you in two hits. Also, you fight it immediately after fighting seven Space Pirates, so you probably won't even be at full health. That was the boss that made me give up on Hard Mode.

Ashera. Didn't understand that only Ike could kill her, and spent about five hours before finally giving in and looking it up. After that it was still very hard.

Ashera. Didn't understand that only Ike could kill her, and spent about five hours before finally giving in and looking it up. After that it was still very hard.
LOL. As long as you raised somebody decent Ashera is easy. Just spam the Laguz royals. Who did you bring to endgame?

This was my first playthrough where I didn't quite realize that you could choose which weapon was blessed, so everyone but the royals was crappy, so it really doesn't matter. All I must say, biggest waste of time ever watching an entire team slowly die and Ashera continue to come back after killed. I still hate that fight.

Outside of Fire Emblem, any boss fight that requires little combat, but more logic/strategy to solve, as I hate two things with a passion:
-Strategy guides
-Grinding

Needless to say, I hate any boss that isn't defeated in a fairly obvious way.

Not necessarily a boss (although you could technically consider it part of a boss battle), but the clone battle on God difficulty in God of War drove me insane. That's just off the top of my head though.

Matador from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Once you realize that you can't fuse a party to specifically counter him, you're in the clear, but up until that point, you could beat all the bosses with a specific party in mind. And even then, you have to start spamming de-buff spells against him, or he just beats the shit out of you anyway.

This was my first playthrough where I didn't quite realize that you could choose which weapon was blessed, so everyone but the royals was crappy, so it really doesn't matter. All I must say, biggest waste of time ever watching an entire team slowly die and Ashera continue to come back after killed. I still hate that fight.

Outside of Fire Emblem, any boss fight that requires little combat, but more logic/strategy to solve, as I hate two things with a passion:
-Strategy guides
-Grinding

Needless to say, I hate any boss that isn't defeated in a fairly obvious way.
Still, the royals alone (with Ike and Miccy for staff support) can solo the endgame. I did it once.

Beating Tabuu by himself on Intense is'nt too bad,as you have 6 characters, but the Boss Rush mode is absolutely ridiculous. Oh and the Final Boss Rush on Kirby Superstar for DS is also really hard. And some of the bosses from Mother 3 were stupid hard unless you knew the trick to beat them.

Yeah i found many of mother 3's bosses pretty rough when i didnt realise how much playing recklessly was doomed for failure, especialy the first fight with the masked man and the barrier trio. Unlike earthbound, shields and defense boosts are almost neccesary to win.

edit: yeah my first run through of paper mario 2 i did the exact same thing. I got to her, whilst being overlevelled but was unable to win due to not having upgraded any of my partners a second time and missing out on those helpful badges. However i played again in 2009 (cant really say last year can I =/ ) and she wasent really that tough at all if you knew what you were doing.

I found the Shadow Queen from Paper Mario 2 to be quite brutal. Her HP was at a ridiculous level and her attacks hit hard as fuck and were pretty hard to block. I had to restart the game on my first playthrough because I didn't get some vital badges that were now unavailable to me.

Ozma in Final Fantasy IX. What it lacks in HP it makes up for in being crazy fast, powerful, unpredictable, statusing you in a game that has poor options for status defence, and if you don't complete a sidequest that's not obviously related he's even harder. I think it's been said that there's no setup that can reliably defeat him - you need luck on your side.

Not exactly a boss, but the infamous Gran Turismo series license tests. For example the final test for the S License in GT4: do a hot lap of the Nurburgring, the 14 mile Green Hell - knowing that if you put one wheel on the grass it's an instant disqualification.

And, as I always say on these threads, the Chessmaster in the series of the same game. Difficulty depends on the exact title, but in some titles you'd need to be an actual master to beat him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)