1. The moderators of this forum are Nexus, .com, religiousjedi, shiny finder, and TheMantyke.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

GSC: TM chain breeding?

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by L0bstz0r, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L0bstz0r

L0bstz0r

Hello everybody,

I honestly don't know if this is the right sub-forum to ask this question. But since I can't find any online source that can confirm this, I figured I would ask here.

So.....Can you chain-breed TM moves in GSC?
    I currently have a Ampharos that knows Rest + Sleeptalk and would like my Heracross to know these moves as well. Unfortunately these two aren't in the same Egg-group, but could I pass them on via chain breeding?

According to Serebii a chain like: Ampharos -> Meganium -> Parasect -> Heracross should be possible, but I'm not sure if it would work, since Ampharos is actually the only pokemon in this chain that learned those moves via TM.

And again, im terribly sorry if this is the wrong forum to answer this.
  2. Mattapod

Mattapod bad clarinet music
    is a Community Contributor

hello and welcome to the wifi section! i believe this is the thread youre looking for. to answer your question, heracross can learn rest and sleep talk via tm. so you wouldnt need to go through all of that work. unless you mean youve already used the tms on ampharos. in which case i beleive the answer is no, since heracross cannot learn those as egg moves. not entirely sure though.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  3. L0bstz0r

L0bstz0r

thanks for the welcome^^

Well, for some background: My and a handfull of friends are currently playing all the old(er) generations and hold a small tournament after every playthrough with some special regulations. No ubers, no legends, no snorlax and 3 OUs at max. Since we do this on the actual gameboy versions, having a viable moveset on all your mons can be a bit tricky, thus my oddly specific question (since I want 2 sleeptalkers).
  4. .com

.com Grumpy old man
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

As mentioned by Mattapod this thread would be a better place to discuss this. If any further conversation is required, please direct it there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)