Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fake Out
- Hypnosis
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

Gothitelle's biggest selling point is Shadow Tag, which forces opposing Pokemon to stay in against a strong ally such as Zacian-C or Landorus-T, or a teammate like Perish Song Lapras. Maximum Speed gives Gothitelle a faster Fake Out than Incineroar and Rillaboom. Gothitelle can draw attention to itself by pressuring foes with a fast Hypnosis. Helping Hand can capitalize off this attention by turning moves like Zacian-C's Behemoth Blade into nukes, letting it OHKO even most Dynamaxed Pokemon. The increase in damage is helpful because Gothitelle has no offensive moves to pressure foes. Venusaur especially appreciates the boost in its damage output, as not only does G-Max Vine Lash do a lot of damage to any neutral target, but its residual effect continues to chip foes while Gothitelle prevents them from switching out. This potentially enables a late-game cleanup from a Pokemon such as Zacian-C. Focus Sash allows it to take an Astral Barrage from Calyrex-S and potentially set up Trick Room. Trick Room enables slow partners such as Torkoal.

Here is a Gothitelle team piloted by Taran Birdee that has performed well at various tournaments: https://pokepast.es/ffe3266221973fe4

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
So I think with your opening "is poised to be"... it's crucial to note that Gothitelle is planned to be uploaded towards the end of November, and I think that the wording should be different to reflect how good it was in Series 8 as well as how good it has been in the run up to Series 11, if not just how good it is at present?

Little bit of a tautology with the first 2 sentences really. I think the best way to talk about Shadow Tag in particular is that it's going to punish more passive leads when next to super offensive Pokemon such as Zacian-C and Swords Dance Landorus-T (amongst others). I think a minor mention would be a Perish Song idea, as I'm not convinced it's the best team idea in the world still (I'd need to see a bunch more from it to justify)

I think the wording on the Fake Out point is a bit weird and doesn't flow so well. Maybe just looking to something like "Maximum Speed gives Gothitelle a faster Fake Out than Incineroar and Rillaboom" is a bit nicer. Hypnosis can split off into its own point. I think it would be really pertinent to mention that there are no (reusable) attacks on this Pokemon. Hypnosis is the main button we are clicking here. Also the point about "deterring Dynamax" is okay, but idk if it does. It's a roulette kinda move that inevitably will hit a few times, which is what forces respect. Also it doesn't just indirectly cripple them. It very much directly cripples them because sleep is broken.

I feel like Focus Sash is a bit self explanatory, but is it really true that it only lets it fire off a second Hypnosis? I'd just like to say it lets it take a hit from [add offensive Pokemon here].

Helping Hand can be more than capitalising off its attention grabbing. The thing has no moves. It's the only way of increasing the board's damage as such. I think that mentioning something like Venusaur with this would also be good. Venusaur also benefits from trapping to an extent, because you stack Vine Lash damage and they can't switch.

Trick Room does enable slower partners, I just don't get why Calyrex-I and Tapu Fini are the ones picked and not Torkoal.

I think general wording stuff could be improved upon, but I'll leave that to GP.

I think just have one team as part of this. I'd like to keep Taran's in there because it was a team that did accomplish so much and we could talk about that just a bit more as a result.

Let me know when you've had a think about these things, and I can give this another check

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Much happier with the content of this, but it almost feels and reads a little stiff kinda like an analysis. I think GP would be able to help you out more there with this than I could but it just seems to be stating facts about the Pokemon and then moving on. Happy to hand it over to them though given it's all accurate so QC 1/1

raineko-QC-small.gif

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

Gothitelle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fake Out
- Hypnosis
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

Gothitelle's biggest selling point is Shadow Tag, allowing it to trap opposing Pokemon which forces opposing Pokemon to stay in against a strong ally such as Zacian-C or Landorus-T, or alongside a teammate the likes of Perish Song Lapras. Maximum Speed gives Gothitelle a faster Fake Out than Incineroar and Rillaboom. Gothitelle can draw attention to itself by pressuring opponents foes with a fast Hypnosis. Helping Hand allows Gothitelle to capitalise off its ability to grab attention, enabling a nuke like Zacian-C's Behemoth Blade, capable of OHKOing even most Dynamax Pokemon. Helping Hand can capitalize off this attention by turning moves like Zacian-C's Behemoth Blade into nukes, letting it OHKO even most Dynamaxed Pokemon. The increase in damage is helpful given because Gothitelle has no offensive moves to pressure opponents foes. Venusaur especially appreciates the boost in its damage output, (AC) as not only does G-Max Vine Lash do a lot of damage to any neutral target, (AC) but its residual effect continues to chip opponents foes while Gothitelle prevents them from switching out, potentially enabling out. This potentially enables a late-game cleanup from a Pokemon such as Zacian-C. Focus Sash allows it to take an Astral Barrage from Calyrex-S and potentially set up a Trick Room. (moved this sentence down) Trick Room enables slow partners such as Torkoal.

Here is a Gothitelle team piloted by Taran Birdee which that has performed well at various tournaments: https://pokepast.es/ffe3266221973fe4

gun.gif
1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)