Multi Gen Good Ubers Cores for All Generations

I just discovered this threat, and noticed quite a few cores missing.
For now, I'll just mention one.

Cloyster + Xerneas

Can anyone tell me when they last saw a good Cloyster offense, that didn't have a scarf Xerneas on it?
I can probably think of one, maybe two solid builds that don't include it.
Cloyster provides great support by laying down layers of Toxic Spikes, while a scarfed Xerneas demolishes most offensive threats.
An offensive core that just does so well against hyper offensive that I'm wondering why nobody has mentioned it yet.

EDIT: I think Cloyster + Mega Aerodactyl is an incredibly innovative and good core. No disrespect to my friend Lacus Clyne or her core what so ever when I say this, but let's be honest.
It gets outclassed by the Cloyster + Xerneas combination, as it fits a lot easier on teams/builds, takes up no mega slot, and has, bar the matchup vs Poison types, just the better presence overall.
I'm not saying the Aero + Cloy core should be removed, but rather that if that core got accepted, then this one should be for sure.

Cloyster + Mega Aerodactyl is really very different thing compared to this core, because Cloyster + MAero do a lot of different things including good offensive coverage, dual hazzard, avoid enemy set up, etc.

This core is worse than Cloyster + MAerodactyl in my opinion, because this core gets walled by Ho-Oh, a thing that most of the teams have to pressure

Cloyster + Mega Aerodactyl is really very different thing compared to this core, because Cloyster + MAero do a lot of different things including good offensive coverage, dual hazzard, avoid enemy set up, etc.

This core is worse than Cloyster + MAerodactyl in my opinion, because this core gets walled by Ho-Oh, a thing that most of the teams have to pressure
You say teams, yet seem to forget that this is no teams, but cores.
I simply state that Mega Sableye is a thing that Cloyster +Mega Aerodactyl lose against, but that doesn't make it a bad core.
Like I said before, bar some particular matchups like Ho-oh and Poison types (I believe those are the only ones as well) is just greater by the reasons I mentioned before.
I do think it is a good core, but disagree with you 100% when you say it is better than this Toxic Spike core classic.

Gonna drop some ADV cores since I've been super into it lately *cough* check out my RMT http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/long-live-the-king.3584538/ *cough* so yeah just gonna list some stuff that I've built around and used in tournament that's worked out for me.

Slaking + Snorlax
One of the coolest and funnest cores out there. Built a team that has great around this and is what my RMT is built around. The main concept is for Slaking to just plow it's way through everything, weakening Snorlax's checks/counters as these two share many of the same checks/counters. I use Curselax to pair with Slaking since it gives a good wincon and a great switch-in to Blissey, not being able to be poisoned. I also don't like using 2 banded mons of the same typing just cause it's kinda annoying to use since they serve the exactly the same purpose. So yeah the core kinda speaks for itself, and not too hard to use.
Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Shadow Ball
- Return
- Focus Punch

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Shadow Ball
- Curse
- Protect

Subpunch TTar + Latios
This is a core that's very fun and easy to use. I really wanted to build around Subpunch TTar one day cause it is seldom used, and it's a really underrated set that can put it in a lot of work. However, it has a few draw backs since it's checked by 2 of the most common mons in the meta, Groudon + Kyogre, which is why we have Lati. Latios is able to switch into both of those mons, only being annoyed by twave and HP Ghost/Ice Beam from Groudon and Kyogre respectively. Rock Slide can also flinch you down when you're para'd but that means you just get to whine and say arabic curses :p So yeah the core functions pretty easily, get TTar in on Ho-Oh or Blissey or some banded/fat mon that can't really hurt you, then set up a sub and press the move that best hits the thing in front of you. Then switch in Lati once your sub is broken by what's most likely going to be Groudon or Kyogre, or try to kill of Don/Ogre before Tar ever comes in so it can put in work in the late game.
Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Another option for this core is to use Toxic over Focus Punch on Tar so you can hinder Don and Ogre throughout the game rather than just getting some chip damage off. It's a pretty sick set that also doesn't get much usage.
You could also use a bulky spdef lati spread to give you some extra fat to take more hits.

Blissey + Lugia
This core is so annoying to play against oml. The idea is to just be as fat as possible so no matter what threat the opponent has you have a switch-in. It gives an insane amount of support to the rest of your team, and you can actually beat most teams with Blissey + Lugia by itself. Pretty self-explanatory, just switch in Blissey to special threats and Lugia to physical ones. Sub Petaya Deo-A with Superpower desolates this core though so be careful of that.
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Whirlwind
- Recover

Forretress + Shedinja
This is another one of those really annoying cores that just suck to face. However, it's really good and very usable, so I really just want it in the archive. It explains itself really, Forretress gets rid of hazards so Shedinja can actually switch in and beat the opponents team with the right support. Be wary of spike squads that have Gengar since those can heavily annoy this core, and make it hard to keep hazards off your side of the field.
Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Explosion

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Bulky Ogre + Swampert
This is a core that I built a team around just cause I thought it was really funny cause it always reminds me of Melee Mewtwo and his fetish for Swampert. Not only that, but also because I saw Wreckdra use a team with it that I thought was really cool. Kyogre is there to be a switch-in to physical attackers like Groudon, and to lure in pokemon like Latios so that you can switch in to Swampert and get a Toxic off. Swampert not only checks Lati, but other threats for Ogre such as Sub Petaya Deo-A and Mewtwo. Kyogre is also a great wincon with a CM Twave set and once Swampert weakens down the opponent's Ogre checks, gives room for Kyogre to sweep. However, Latios still does a fair amount of damage to Swampert and only gives it a couple times to switch in, which is why a great teammate for this core is Thief Omastar, so that the opponent's Soul Dew is removed and their damage is significantly reduced.
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

LJDarkrai

.Baril
+

Primal Kyogre can spread some status with Scald (burn) and Toxic so Mega Gengar can later on do a lot of damage with Hex. Especially Pogre can bait and poison Primal Groudon, a Pokémon that is frequently used to revenge kill Mega Gar since it can easily take any hit from Gar and take it down with Precipice Blades. This core is very weak to Facade Mega Mence tho, so something like Dialga is very necessary to help against it.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

I have been using this core of Arceus-Ice and Mega Salamence in my most recent Ubers team and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Iceceus is an underrated threat, in my opinion. A lot of the mons that trouble Mega Mence fall to Iceceus, such as Lugia, the Latis, opposing Mega Mence, Rayquaza, Ice Beam Groundceus, and even Primal Kyogre thanks to resisting the incoming Ice Beam and setting up a Calm Mind to smack it with +1 Thunder, which also 2HKOs Ho-Oh or OHKOs after Stealth Rock with my spread. Meanwhile, Facade Mega Salamence comes in on Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon, two very influential Ubers mons that trouble Iceceus, and punishes them if they manage to score a burn on Mega Mence. My set on my current team runs Iron Defense to create a Double Dance set that screws over Foul Play users like Mega Sableye and defensive Yveltal, but I guess you could run just about any Mega Mence set if you'd like.

Primal Groudon makes for a great teammate to this core as it handles Klefki, Mega Diancie and Dialga, which gives this core trouble. Having your own Klefki is nice to defeat Xerneas as well.

Arceus-Ice @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Judgment
- Thunder

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Defense
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)