Generation Showdown [Online Competition] Finished!

I wasn't gonna bother posting my team since it's so boring and standard, but hey why not. It got me to 1767/#30, ORAS competitions are being kind to me so far. The one kinda cool thing I did though was Worry Seed on Whimsicott as a way to remove Groudon's weather similar to Role Play/Skill Swap, when paired with Kyogre I could use it for a surprise KO on Groudon with Origin Pulse, and that gave me a few wins in itself. Apart from that the team was just a Tailwind core of 3 and a Trick Room core of 3 which gave me a lot of different options at team preview, including sometimes bringing 2 of each. IMO Tailwind was really underused overall, the popularity of Trick Room makes that understandable, but even with my team originally being a TR team I ended up bringing Tailwind more and it felt really strong.

Some replays of wins using Worry Seed, for lack of much else too interesting:
CGXG-WWWW-WWXE-BUX8
WTGG-WWWW-WWXE-CWX4
F34G-WWWW-WW-XE-CX3X (went on a little long after some mistakes/luck)

And congrats Jibaku for getting on that front page top 10 =)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Since my teamcomp was relatively standard I'm not sure if these will be too interesting to watch, but here are a few of my favorite matches

LFCG-WWWW-WWXE-2BMX - Playing around Liepard + Rayquaza, and turning Gravity against him. Got a bit lucky on turn 1 though.
FDAW-WWWW-WWXE-2BJC - Sash Ray caught me off guard here, and a timely flinch almost secured my opponent's win.
XLUG-WWWW-WWXE-YT9G - They don't call Precipice Blades "Aids Blades" for no reason.
XKWG-WWWW-WWXE-YUM7 - Well executed Skill Swap + Kyogre setup that left the weather flying all over the place.

I've also made this page public since there are a few more vids that I didn't record

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/C-127-7734-X/competitions/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)