SPOILERS! General Pokémon Anime Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Serebii said:
The new movie, Pokémon the Movie 2017 was released today in Japan and as it does practically every year, showcased confirmation of the next movie after the movie had finished. At the end of the movie, a teaser trailer for next year's movie aired. The teaser trailer showed no further details indicating the content of the movie at this time but did just state about the next movie's existence. We'll bring full details as they come!
Yeah, Pokemon Company, we kind of figured you'd make a Pokemon Movie next year...

I am kinda curious what the deal will be with the next episode. Will Mallow get a Z-Ring or something next episode?

Regardless, next episode will be everything I dislike about the Mallow trial (that stupid Castform)

Even though we already knew this since the BW series, Ash has once again been confirmed to be a ten-year-old kid for as long as the directors want him to be, at least as of Movie 20. There's an explanation on Bulbapedia that states that "time has not passed since the start of the journey. Ash is eternally 10 years old."

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Even though we already knew this since the BW series, Ash has once again been confirmed to be a ten-year-old kid for as long as the directors want him to be, at least as of Movie 20. There's an explanation on Bulbapedia that states that "time has not passed since the start of the journey. Ash is eternally 10 years old."
Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure that if you count and add up all the sunsets we've seen until now (usually at the end of episodes), you'd arrive at a number much higher than the number of days in two years. This sort-of implies that certain episodes have occurred in parallel, with the heroes meeting several different characters-of-the-day on the same days, then switching rapidly between them without ever mentioning them to each other.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
There's an explanation on Bulbapedia that states that "time has not passed since the start of the journey. Ash is eternally 10 years old."
So all the times we saw nighttime or multiple days passing, just an illusion. Ash had gone through Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Battle Frontier, Sinnoh, Unova, Decolora Islands, & Kalos ALL in one day. Boy Ash gets around, he obviously didn't miss leg day.

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure that if you count and add up all the sunsets we've seen until now (usually at the end of episodes), you'd arrive at a number much higher than the number of days in two years. This sort-of implies that certain episodes have occurred in parallel, with the heroes meeting several different characters-of-the-day on the same days, then switching rapidly between them without ever mentioning them to each other.
Not to mention the episodes taking place at night or occur over multiple days. Also ignoring the mentions of Ash's birthday of the anniversaries of Ash first going on his journey and meeting Pikachu.

Then again, who says the Pokemon World has the same amount of days in a year? Maybe a Pokemon World year equal 1000 days. Hmm, actually, thinking about it, have we ever seen a seasonal change in the Pokemon world that wasn't due to them traveling to a warmer/colder location? Maybe the Pokemon World is orbitally locked! It still spins on its axis but it's stuck in the same location in space, thus "days" come and go but no time actually pass! WE SOLVED THE MYSTERY OF THE NEVER-AGING ASH!

"Even if that was true, Ash (and everyone else) would still age".

... time is literally controlled by a diamond quadruped space dinosaur, your argument is invalid.

*Sigh* I don't feel like moving time forward today, maybe tomorrow...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So, they just had the Grass Trial episode yet Mallow didn't get a Z-Ring. Hmm, I'm wondering if that's because, unlike with the Water Trial, Ash does have a Grass-type so he can use the Grassium Z. If that's the reason, does that mean Ash won't be getting a Water-type for Alola nor Mallow be getting a Z-Ring?

I think it means the writers don't care about Mallow and it pisses me off more than it should.

The region specific characters are always more interesting than Ash.

At least she got a new recipe in Akala Curry for the Aina Café - because she certainly hasn't been making any attempt at advertising it.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Annoyed that Marowak was more or less rewarded after stealing the crown but it was a good episode.
Does the crown have to do with anything in the games? If the crown powers up Pokémon, I would love to know what effect it has. Maybe it is anime specific or will be on the sequel games... did Maro keep it?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Does the crown have to do with anything in the games? If the crown powers up Pokémon, I would love to know what effect it has. Maybe it is anime specific or will be on the sequel games... did Maro keep it?
No on both accounts: it's an object that only exists in the anime and Marowak didn't keep it (it's a ceremonial crown for a yearly festival).

Just as a side note, the Spanish dub has taken an unprecedented route on this and used real names for Verity (Verónica) and Sorrel (Samuel).

One of the few times I'm preferring the spanish dub names for me.
But Samuel is already Professor Oak's first name...

Then again Spanish translations have three Brunos.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
SM037 Voice Acting list:

Gladion and Type: Null confirmed in it
Assisting Director: Sir, we're scheduled to move the plot forward.
Lead Director: Ugh, again? The Grand Trial didn't count?
AD: Only for the Island Challenge plot, there's the Team Skull/Aether Foundation plot.
LD: Right, right. *Heavy sigh* Don't want to give Nibby to Lillie yet, did we show Gladios with Type: Lull yet?
AD: First off sir, it's Nebby, Gladion, & Type: Null. Second, no Type: Null hasn't appeared yet.
LD: Good, knew not debuting Type: Null with Gladion would come in handy. Do an episode with Gladion and Type: Null so we can get back to slice of life shenanigans.

SM037 Voice Acting list:

Gladion and Type: Null confirmed in it
What has actually picked my interest is Rockruff's eyes glowing green rather than Red (Midnight) or Blue (Midday) in the preview as the sun set. They're gonna give it a different form, aren't they? :/

What has actually picked my interest is Rockruff's eyes glowing green rather than Red (Midnight) or Blue (Midday) in the preview as the sun set. They're gonna give it a different form, aren't they? :/
I REALLY hope they don't do that. I don't understand why they feel the need to give Ash's pokemon special forms.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
*Sigh*

Just watched the Pancake Race episode (yeah, I know, I'm a bit behind, not like it's going to be that hard to catch up). You know, the episode that debut Alolan Raichu. You'd think Ash seeing an Alolan Raichu would surprise him, considering his best bud and partner is it's pre-evolved form who had multiple Raichu rivalries. But nope, Ash is just like "oh, cool" as Alolan Dex is the first to bring up its the Alolan form in the discussion. Heck, Team Rocket upon seeing it immediately notes it looks difference with a surprised/questioning tone.

You'd think introducing a new form of the series mascot's evolution would be given a bit more pomp and circumstance. Like, maybe introduce Ash's main rival for the season who uses one (gee, if only there was a character in the game that is known for using an Alolan Raichu, one that was around Ash's age and maybe held an important role on the islands like being the grandson of Melemele's Kahuna...). But NOPE, instead Alolan Raichu's introduction is "hey, this thing exists" and belongs to a character of a day (thus won't likely be seen again despite forming a fierce rivalry with Pikachu) for a stupid race that's a reference to a little non-nonsensical piece of dex entry for Alolan Raichu.

It actually makes me worried how they'll handle Type: Null's introduction.

I expect each island's arc to get the story out of the way and then add the filler afterwards. Remember how the first 30 episodes took place on Melemele, but the Totem Gumshoos and Hala battles were covered by Episode 10? As such, now that the canon Akala arc is almost finished, we might have to deal with more of the slice-of-life kind of filler. However, it is possible that the watchers will get to see the Ula'Ula arc once Ultra release this year, give or take a month. That means the Alola Pokémon anime might be the shortest Pokémon anime once it finishes, assuming the Japanese version of the Alola saga finishes by 2018.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I expect each island's arc to get the story out of the way and then add the filler afterwards. Remember how the first 30 episodes took place on Melemele, but the Totem Gumshoos and Hala battles were covered by Episode 10? As such, now that the canon Akala arc is almost finished, we might have to deal with more of the slice-of-life kind of filler. However, it is possible that the watchers will get to see the Ula'Ula arc once Ultra release this year, give or take a month. That means the Alola Pokémon anime might be the shortest Pokémon anime once it finishes, assuming the Japanese version of the Alola saga finishes by 2018.
It is seemingly a tester season, they are trying something completely "new" albeit it reminds me of the organge islands...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)