Media General Fighting Game Thread

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Thought we should have a dedicated fighter thread.

Been playing a lot of KOF14 recently on ps4 and have really been enjoying it. I am a pretty avid fighting game fan in general, I also have BlazBlue ChronoPhantasia GGXRD SFV IJ2 on PS4 if anyone wants to play anything sometime.

The KOF14 Evo grand finals were absolutely insane, highly recommended watching

So yeah feel free to discuss anything FGC here. From tournaments and pro games to finding ppl to play with.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Anyone remember Spartacus Legends for the Xbox 360?

Literal Pay to Win fighting game...tricked people into buying weapons with real cash to win fights but in the end the best strategy was to just get naked and use your fist to stun lock people...which then lead to the developers redesigning hand to hand combat, forcing people to buy weapons...Also if you lost a fight, your fighter was gone and you literally had to buy a new character...

Anyways, I've always been a fan of Street Fighter, MK, BlazBlue, and Virtual Fight 1 and 2.

What's your psn?

I just picked up SFV/Tekken 7 probably gonna get XRd at some point. I'm trash at Tekken though.

BTW If you're in St. Catharines there's an old crew who used to play back in 2012 probably still having sessions somewhere if I ask around I can find out... you know if you want some local comp .. just dunno how many got the PS4 we had bar fights and everything

I've been wanting to play a fighter for years ( that's not smash) so I picked up guilty gear on ps4. The execution barrier is kinda tough specifically because I haven't really played a 2d fighter before. It's still a fun game and I'm probably going to start practicing regularly.

Pocket Rumble just came out for Switch, I highly recommend it as someone who has spent time with it in its earlier stages.

It's probably the easiest fighting game to get into with the exception of like, Divekick, maybe Fantasy Strike. I think there are going to be complaints about the AI being too difficult, but the thing that's great about it is that it teaches you how to confront basic strategies like "what if Subject-11 just doesn't stop spamming rushpunch." Also it has GGPO which, yeah

There are so many fighting games out right now it's so great to enjoy fighting games x_x I'm also into UNIST, DBFZ, BBTag at the moment, but I really just wanna play everything.

Late but Android 17 (Super) trailer dropped:

17 and Cooler release along the Nintendo Switch Version in August 28th. Part of me itches to buy it again for switch, but I heard some stuff about increased input lag.

Do you"ll think Jump Force will be better than Dragon Ball Fighterz?
just like previous jump games, its not a "fighting game". it has a bad engine which is quite similar to the storm games from naruto which were just horrible in every aspect, its just a game with good graphics/animations etc. everything else that would make it a good "fighting game" isnt there at all
jump games isnt supposed to be competitive either because there's no balance and pretty much everyone is broken and have some hax thats dumb.
**cough** sasuke which is already the best character in jump force is the prime example of this since he has a spammable full screen aoe paralyzed that cant be avoided. elements like this arent fitted to be in a fighting game of any sort. fighterz is currently doing better than sfv, SFV, no matter what jump force has or does, it will never be on the level of fighterz or any tradition 2d fighter games. everytime a jump game comes out, the hype is just old and reused, it will never be a 'good" game

Reactions: rau
Rodan expectations: Tekken 7, ArcSys fighters that aren't DB, maybe some SFV and KoF.

Thread reality: FighterZ, other stuff not really mentioned above.

As an aside, anyone planning on getting SoulCalibur 6? I myself will probably get it around Christmas since my current budget doesnt let me afford it (hopefully it gets a slight discount then). I remember Soul Edge was basically my first fighting game back when I was 5. Every time we went to that restaurant, I'd spend a lot of spare change playing it and what I believe was a Street Fighter Alpha 3 arcade. SF didnt pique my interest back then, since Soul Edge looked so awesome and advanced. Every time I picked Siegfried or Rock since they looked like the toughest and coolest guys. I always lost around the 4th or 5th stage since I always freaked out when playing against Voldo (seriously, he looks like he came straight out of Hell). Fast forward to when I had easier internet access, I learned there was a whole series of games after Soul Edge came out and tried a bit of SC2 (the one with Link in it). Didnt really catch my attention like Soul Edge did for lil' me. Come this year, after watching all the trailers and looking back at that bit of my childhood, I'm very excited to get back to the stage of history with SoulCalibur 6 (I really, really hope Rock is part of stage 1 DLC).

RODAN

Banned deucer.
im playing sc6. anyone else have it. ive been playing mostly raphael online, hit me up if you wanna play on ps4

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nah, rau seems to be a man with good taste.

Just to curious though, how did the devs shit all over Sophie this time? I see she's not dead, so that's at least an improvement.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
not sure about the story as i havent played it much but as far as i can tell this game is a straight reboot of sc1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)