Tournament Gen5 PU Ladder Tournament (Read OP Before Joining)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
idea by Anty
Welcome to the Gen5 PU Ladder Tournament!

During the month of November, the Ruins of Alph Spotlight Ladder is Gen5 PU. In order to get the most out of this ladder, this tournament is meant to spark as much competition and high-level play as possible, and will invite the Top 8 players from 4 cycles (2 per cycle) will be invited to playoffs, where a champion will be crowned.

Click here for information on Gen5 PU!

Here are the rules:

1. Each cycle will last 5 full days, and a partial day with the deadline. The top 2 players during each cycle will be invited to the playoffs. The ladder will not be reset after each cycle but your alt must be freshly made for each, on the same day as your sign-up. These players will be decided by their ELO. In the event of an ELO tie, W-L ratio will be used. The playoffs will be seeded by highest ELO as well, with the qualifying ELO being the one used for the seeding.

2. A person can only qualify for the playoffs once. If you qualify twice then congrats but your second qualifying alt will be passed over for the #3 player in that cycle. In the event that a single person achieves 2 alts that qualify within a single cycle, the highest ranking alt will be taken and the other will be ignored.

3. Please sign up like this (you can register up to 3 alts per cycle):

------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Name: Akir
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 Akir, LT2 Akir, LT43 Akir
Do my alts include my forum name or an abbreviation of it, as well as LT#, as required by the rules? yes

------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU MUST SIGN UP LIKE THE ABOVE. ALL ALTS MUST HAVE LT# AND THEN YOUR FORUM NAME, AND MUST BE FRESH ALTS. NO OTHER SIGNUPS WILL BE ACCEPTED.

4. Due to the time constraints of this tournament, sign-ups will be opened directly after a cycle's results are posted. Sign-ups will open up the minute the cycle ends, so be sure to sign up before registering your alts and starting!

5. We will be using the Gen5 PU ladder on the main server of PokemonShowdown.

6. As with all ladder tournaments, there is the prospect of cheating. The ladder is going to be watched closely, and alts will be checked thoroughly as well. If you are caught cheating (i.e. not using a fresh alt, begging for wins, having a friend forfeit against you for a boost, etc.), then you will be faced with an automatic DQ with the potential for further punishment as well. There is no banner or trophy, so this tournament is purely for fun and good competition anyway.

7. The time that the cycle ends will not be announced, only the day. The time the cycle ended will be revealed with the results. This is to prevent last-minute surges of ladder spamming.

8. Because this is a relatively new tier to a lot of people, this tournament will not start immediately. This is to give people new to the tier the opportunity to learn the tier some and get teams ready before using a tournament alt.

Cycle 1 will begin Sunday, November 5th, at midnight GMT +0, and will last until sometime Friday, November 10th! Sign ups are open now!

As always, good luck everyone!

Last edited:

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
LordST
LT1 LST
Do my alts include my forum name or an abbreviation of it, as well as LT#, as required by the rules? yes

jeran
LT1 Jiren

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Forum Name: TJ
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 TJ

Chrisloud1
LT1 Chris

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Forum Name: EviGaro
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 Evi
Do my alts include my forum name or an abbreviation of it, as well as LT#, as required by the rules? yes I swear ;;

might as well register since i might play around a little

Cycle 1 alts: lt1 galbia
Do my alts include my forum name or an abbreviation of it, as well as LT#, as required by the rules? looks like it

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Forum Name: Raiza
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 Raiza

Forum Name: InfernoMonferno
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 NIM

Forum Name: Taskr
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 Taskr

Forum Name: jklioe
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 jklioe

Forum Name: Pinktidal
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 Pink

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Forum Name: 5gen
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 5gen, LT2 5gen
Do my alts include my forum name or an abbreviation of it, as well as LT#, as required by the rules? yeah

Forum Name: amber lamps
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 amber

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Forum Name: drumstick
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 ds, LT2 ds

SiTuM

j'ai du faire un mauvais rêve
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Forum Name: SiTuM
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 SiTuM, LT2 SiTuM, LT3 SiTuM
Do my alts include my forum name or an abbreviation of it, as well as LT#, as required by the rules? y

Forum Name: iRebel
Cycle 1 Alts: LT1 Rebel, LT2 Rebel

Forum Name: Plans
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 Plans

Forum Name: Maya Chansey
Alt: LT1 MayaChansey

Forum Name: Lakeredman
Cycle One Alts: LT1 Lakered

Do my alts include my name or an abbreviation of it and LT#, as required by the rules? Absolutely

Edit: Had to change alt, name already taken. Still in compliance with rules

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Forum name : Spitfire Arcanine
LT1 spitfire arc

Last edited:
Forum Name: Contact
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 Contact, LT2 Contact

Forum Name: rumblemerk
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 rumble

Santu

is a Tiering Contributoris the 9th Grand Slam Winneris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Forum Name: Santu
Cycle 1 alts: LT1 santu, LT2 santu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)