Gen III OU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a team that I've been using on Pokemon Online, but I've had more defeats than victories, and I would like advice on how to improve the team.

Alakazam (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- ThunderPunch
- Taunt

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Dance

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Illuminate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Dark]

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Counter
- Toxic

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Sceptile (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Leaf Blade
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The pokemon that give me the most difficulty are Blissey, Snorlax, Skarmory and Gengar. Gengar is damn fragile, and Skarmory can be taken out by a powerful Fire or Electric typed attack. Blissey and Snorlax are more difficult, but Fighting-typed attack are their kryptonite, so a couple of good Focus Punches can do the job. Breloom is in my team for that purpose.

But the hard part is getting Snorlax and Blisssey to stay IN the game so I can actually kill them!

Perhaps I could have Baton Pass-Mean Look Umbreon in my team, so that I can ensnare and kill those two brutes?

What other advice would you have?

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
From my experience in Gen III, having a team that can effectively handle Curselax is mandatory due to how prominent it is, and I can see that you don't really have that. Breloom is your only Pokemon that has any chance in hell against it, but it can't reliably switch in at all. You have no Steel- or Rock-types, so nothing on your team will really enjoy switching in on a Body Slam from Snorlax. Salamence's Intimidate will help weaken it, but after a Curse it's not doing much back. As for Alakazam, Blissey, Starmie, and Sceptile, I don't even need to explain why they're bad against Snorlax.

In theory a Mean Look+Baton Pass Umbreon with Taunt could help you against it, but trust me, it's a lot more difficult to pull off than you may think because when people see Umbreon, they immediately think, "Oh! Umbreon! Mean Look! I should probably switch out to something worth sacrificing, I mean I don't really wanna sacrifice my Snorlax!"

I just think this team has so many problems that every time I try to fix it, I fix nearly everything. If I were you, I'd just make a new team, but I will give you these hints:
-Swampert is a good defensive Pokemon to put on ANY team, regardless of your play style.
-Many Pokemon can act as potential Pokemon capable of stopping Snorlax, depending on what moves Snorlax uses. The three most prominent ones are Gengar, Tyranitar, and Skarmory. Gengar is stopped if Snorlax uses Shadow Ball, Tyranitar is stopped if Snorlax uses Earthquake, and Snorlax can also run Fire Blast to keep Skarmory from walling it all day. If I were you I'd look into move sets for all three of these, and possibly even use a combination of them. (On a side note, Metagross also does well against Shadow Ball/HP Steel Curselax.) However, in the case of using Tyranitar or even Metagross, beware of Dugtrio.
-Alakazam really isn't good this generation. I've used it before. I strongly recommend not using it.
-If you ever find that you need to deal with Gyarados, use Zapdos.
-Fact: Dugtrio is amazing.
-Salamence's moves really depend on what you need to cover. Regardless, I would generally recommend using Rock Slide as its third attack. Also, having a Pokemon capable of dealing with bulky waters is good. Electric-types are good candidates, assuming they use HP Grass to get past Swampert. You should be using Ice Beam on a Swampert of your own in order to deal with Salamence anyway.
-You do not need two SubSeeders.

Um, you need to put descriptions and all that.

But besides that, use Surf over Hidden Power [Dark] as HP Dark hits literally nothing. Also remove Counter on Blissey for something else, most notably Seismic Toss so you won't be completely Taunt bait.

Eh, I don't know what else I can really say...

Read the rules before posting please. You lack descriptions, PM them to me and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)