Gen 2 PS Development - Post bugs here

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Edit from Zarel:

This is currently just a general Gen 2 mechanics bugs thread. Post bugs here.

I've fixed all bugs listed on the testing thread, implemented critical hits as they should work (holy fuck that was hard) and rewrote the damage calc so it's like it should be. I think.

Anyways, pls do play and tell me if you find anything wrong so I can fix it ASAP.

Edit: How DVs work on PS:
By default, I set all DVs to 15.
If you input custom IVs on the PS teambuilder, I divide them by 2 and floor them, making them 0-15.
If you have a Hidden Power, I enforce all the DVs to the best case scenario for that Hidden Power.
If you have SD Marowak with Thick Club, I will force its Attack DV to 13 even if it isn't using Hidden Power Bug.
If you for some reason used a shiny, I will respect your decision to use a bad Pokémon, set all DVs to 10 and DV attack to 15 or 11 if you have SD Marowak.
I will then calculate the gender upon your attack DVs.
Last but not least, I calculate the HP DV.

Edit by Zarel: Teambuilder lets you edit DVs directly now.

Last edited by a moderator:

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
Joim, there is a bug with the Substitutes...
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-196957081
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-197203068

I don't know why, everytime that he was >25%, the substitute doesn't fade. I did Explosion with Cloyster and it live it..
Also I did a lot of Double Edge with Lax and he lands it. So it might be wrong someway.

Turn 76.
Cloyster Explosion vs. Gyarados: 403-474 (102.5 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Cloyster used Explosion!
The substitute took damage for the opposing Gyarados!
Cloyster fainted!

If you can check it, I would be grateful.

Edit: Add it a second replay trying the sub mechanics

Last edited:

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So I just played a match on PS! and Poison damage wasn't being applied on the switch the way it should be. This is pretty important, this mechanic is what makes the Toxic + Spikes combination so dangerous.

Here's how it should work:
Poison damage is assessed at the end of a Pokemon's round. This can occur as a result having just conventionally switched in or just having used a move.
Poison damage is NOT assessed on a Pokemon if it's dragged in with Roar or brought in after a KO.

Here's how it currently works:
Poison damage is not assessed on any switch-in.

I'll edit the log in later, I'm in the middle of it rn

EDIT: There's also an issue where, between dueling Phazers, the faster one will get its Phaze off, but the turn order gets reversed to make that possible.

EDIT 2: Replay, also relevant log snippits:

Turn 37
Plasmanta: XezeM: a UU ladder on PS for old gens would be sick

Umby17 withdrew Suicune!

Umby17 sent out Starmie!

Cloyster used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of the opposing team!

The opposing Starmie restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Cloyster restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 38
★jorgen: wait
Plasmanta: TI/Joim won't implement it, maybe some other server could
★jorgen: where's the psn dmg
Mr.378: Its after attack
Mr.378: Remember?
★Umby17: is it a bug? I thought it was only after I move?
★jorgen: coulda sworn it was after switch-ins too
Mr.378: No, that's how poison works in GSC.
XezeM: it's after a move, that includes switchings mid-turn

Cloyster, come back!

Go! Zapdos!

The opposing Starmie used Recover!
The opposing Starmie regained health!
The opposing Starmie was hurt by poison!

The opposing Starmie restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 39
★jorgen: because that's what makes toxic + spikes so good
XezeM: it's definitely a bug. save the replay for Joim

Umby17 withdrew Starmie!

Umby17 sent out Raikou!
The opposing Raikou is hurt by the spikes!

Zapdos used Thunder!
It's not very effective... The opposing Raikou lost 22% of its health!

The opposing Raikou restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 73
★jorgen: idc
★jorgen: it's a pp stall at this point
★jorgen: but i have the spikes
★jorgen: >:D
Steelix used Roar!
But it failed!
The opposing Skarmory used Whirlwind!
Exeggutor was dragged out!
Turn 74
★jorgen: okay what
★Umby17: that's what I was worried about
★Umby17: my lack of lax also hurts
★Umby17: that was the bug
★jorgen: yeah
★jorgen: it seems like the faster phazer always gets the phaze off
★jorgen: or something
★Umby17: that's true in new gens
Umby17 withdrew Skarmory!
Umby17 sent out Umbreon!
The opposing Umbreon is hurt by the spikes!
Exeggutor, come back!
Go! Steelix!
The opposing Umbreon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Steelix restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 16
XezeM: not necessarly in that order
Umby17 withdrew Skarmory!
Umby17 sent out Raikou!
Zapdos used Thunder!
It's not very effective... The opposing Raikou lost 22% of its health!
Turn 17
XezeM: steelix is pretty good too
Mr.378: Well, it is great at killing the bulky threats in ubers.
★jorgen: stupid rby mechanics
Mr.378: Not necessarily the only option.
Zapdos, come back!
Go! Snorlax!
The opposing Raikou used Thunder!
Snorlax avoided the attack!
Snorlax restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Weird, that was working. I'll review latest turn order changes and also phazing (since I did fix that ages ago and was working). Thanks for the reports!

Today pokemon switches have been happening after your opponent moves, instead of before. As if they dropped priority.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
So this happened:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-198238435

ignore me literally sucking at full bp, and skip to turn 25 or so.

basically what happened was: i bp into snorlax, the message "the battle crashed" comes up, snorlax's moveset show up, but with smeargles sprite and stats remaining the same (the pokemon being "benched" was also smeargle), and it skips my opponents turn. cune still takes what im assuming is +2 return damage.

Last edited:

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Seems more like Substitute is the culprit than BP. Possibly related to the recent Sub fix.

Joim

Pixels matter
Bug was the secondary effect check being done on the substitute instead of the pokémon behind, so to speak. Should be fixed now.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
Explosion currently seems to quarter Defense instead of halving it.

Turn 6 of this match shows a Gengar Explosion OHKOing a full-health Exeggutor. Gengar Explosion should be doing an absolute maximum of 367 damage to HP Fire Exeggutor, which has 369 HP.

Turn 1 of this match shows Exeggutor Explosion OHKOing an Umbreon. Explosion should do a maximum of 382 damage to Umbreon, whereas Umbreon has 393 HP.

Based on what I saw in those matches, I set up a little test here, where the damages suggested to me that Defense was being quartered instead of halved.

Joim

Pixels matter
Yeah, been fixed. Damage calc halves it (as in-game) but gen 3 (from which gen 2 inherits...) doubles the base power of them. Hotpatched in.

Joim

Pixels matter
Yeah, residuals have been effed up in an update between the time I implemented them and nowadays. I'm working on it as fast as possible, given I'm right now on a train back to my place after christmas holidays :P But don't worry, that's my top priority right now.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
That's not a simulator bug, it's the in-cart stat rollover glitch. Normally your stats get capped at 999, but if your stats are boosted by Thick Club or Light Ball, you can potentially roll past 1023 (the largest 10-bit number) and your Attack then becomes the overflow. In this case, you probably didn't use a Hidden Power or lower your DVs, so 516 x 2 = 1032, which rolls over to 8.

I don't know if it works for Metal Powder in the same way, but I'd guess it doesn't because of something odd iirc.

Always lower your DV to 13 so your post-Thick Club Attack is 508, which, when doubled by SD, becomes 508 x 2 = 1016, which does not exceed 1023 and therefore gets capped at 999 instead of becoming laughably low!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)