Gather around the bonfire, and I shall tell you a tale

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
My team:

:bw/ninetales::bw/victreebel::bw/starmie::bw/gallade::bw/heatran::bw/hydreigon:

Opponent's team:
:bw/scizor::bw/tyranitar::bw/latios::bw/gliscor::bw/ferrothorn::bw/rotom-wash:

So yesterday, I decided to give my alt on PO a break and return back to my main account for a little while. My alt had been doing fairly well on the ladder, making it up to the late 1300s. Obviously, I could salvage my main account as well, right? After logging back into it I took a look at my current ranking and saw why I made an alt in the first place. Yeah....

Nonetheless, I picked myself off the ground and joined a tourney that had just started. This warstory is from the semi-finals. If you've read my last two warstories, then you've seen some pretty...suspect plays from me...

Start of turn 14
Shandera used Fire Blast!
Shandera's Fire Jewel raised Fire Blast's power!
The foe's Hippowdon lost 88% of its health!
The foe's Hippowdon fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Shandera is buffeted by the sandstorm!
MajorGambit sent out Urugamosu!

Start of turn 53
The foe's Starmie used Hydro Pump!
A critical hit!
Swalot lost 248 HP! (61% of its health)
Swalot fainted!

alphatron sent out Quagsire!
But that's all in the past now! A new day, a new battle. Without further ado, here's the warstory.

Battle between alphatron and Karl Marx [Test] started!

Tier: BW OU
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Wifi Battle

Tupac FUUUUU is watching the battle.
Karl Marx [Test] sent out Scizor!
alphatron sent out Heatran!
Tupac FUUUUU: gl guys
Karl Marx [Test]: thanks
SexySceptilez is watching the battle.
alphatron: thanks
Karl Marx [Test]: gl
alphatron: you too
Purple Crobatchop is watching the battle.

:bw/heatran:100% vs. :bw/scizor:100%

From team preview, my opponent can see that I'm clearly running a sun team. And from team preview, I can see that my opponent is running sand. Actually...he isn't. This isn't a sand team; tyranitar just happens to be on it. Even so, I've dealt with tyranitar and politoed before. Contrary to popular belief, weather wars against these two aren't that hard to win. The most popular Tyranitar moveset gets beaten by Ninetales himself!

Either way, from the first turn, I'm in a favorable position. I kind of question why. Aside from Victreebel, Scizor had no business fighting against any other pokemon I had on the team. Perhaps my opponent thought I'd lead with Victreebel in order to counter his tyranitar? I know better than that. Tyranitar is a monster. He can't be stopped.

Moving on, my opponent will most likely switch, allowing me to get up stealth rocks. Actually, I hope he switches. Please switch. No CB Super power please. Please?

Start of turn 1
Karl Marx [Test] called Scizor back!
Karl Marx [Test] sent out Tyranitar!

The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Heatran used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Karl Marx [Test]'s team!

The sandstorm rages!

:bw/heatran:100% (Our spy plane's in the air) vs. :bw/tyranitar:100% (They say he brings destruction...)

The phenom enters the battlefield as Scizor retreats, bringing his storm with him. The number 1-no. The number 2 pokemon in the metagame shows his face. As with nearly all of the people I fight, this is probably a specially bulky mixed tyranitar. I smile evbry time I see this set. It switches into Ninetales' substitute, gets burned by will-o-wisp as it sets up stealth rock, and then gets whittled down by hp fighting as it fails to break 0 def Ninetales' sub with crunch. They don't even carry stone edge. I must give the person who came up with this set my thanks. It has made the weather war substantially easier to win.

Being the cocky bastard I am, I'm gonna use earth power. Sure, it won't do much damage, but chipping away at tyranitar at every chance I get is only good for me. Tyranitar will only set up stealth rock this turn anyway, which I can just spin away over the course of the battle. In retrospect, I probably should have been more careful and just switched heatran out. What if this was a scarf tyranitar or one of the three or four choice band tyranitars running around? I would have lost my heatran. Thankfully for both me and my opponent, I'm not a very good battler.

Start of turn 2
Heatran used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 21% of its health!
The foe's Tyranitar's Sp. Def. fell!

The foe's Tyranitar used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around alphatron's team!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Tyranitar restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Faladran is watching the battle.

:bw/heatran:100% (Uses the Uzi with ACOG sight) vs. :bw/tyranitar:85% (And that he lays the ground work for your demise...)

Yep, just as I thought. Seeing tyranitar holding leftovers allows me to breathe a sigh of relief. Since super fantastic fun time awesomely specially defensive mixed tyranitar doesn't carry any SE attacks to harm heatran, he'll probably switch now that he's done his job. I'll roar to rack up SR and possible SS damage on his pokemon.

Start of turn 3
The foe's Tyranitar used Superpower!
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 236 HP! (61% of its health)
The foe's Tyranitar's Attack fell!
The foe's Tyranitar's Defense fell!

Heatran used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!
The foe's Latios was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Latios is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Heatran restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

:bw/heatran:45% (Currently being outgunned by the Famas) vs. :bw/tyranitar:85% (But a fraction of his true might can strike fear) and :bw/latios:81% (Enemy AC-130 above!!!)

That...that was NOT the specially defensive mixed tyranitar that I'm used to seeing. Not at all. And as usual, I always pay the price when I'm wrong about its set. So I got hit hard and then roared in this guy of all people. As I run specially bulky heatran, I can take on specs and LO Latios with no problem. Draco meteor? Ha? Surf? Does even less damage than draco meteor! But I need sunlight to do it and as you can tell from the sand in my eyes, sunlight isn't up. Ninetales can take a surf decently well, but I'd rather not chance it. This is a job for Starmie.

Start of turn 4
Karl Marx [Test] called Latios back!
Karl Marx [Test] sent out Ferrothorn!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ferrothorn!

alphatron called Heatran back!
alphatron sent out Starmie!
Pointed stones dug into Starmie!

The sandstorm rages!
Starmie is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

:bw/starmie:81% (Fish out of water) vs. :bw/ferrothorn:99% (Numero Uno)

What's this Alpha? Five out your six team members can all deal with ferrothorn and you just doubled switched to the only one that has trouble with it? Such a genius. I doubt my opponent expected a dragon pulse and if that was the case, he could have just switched to tyranitar. So he expected me to switch to something that could take a surf and therefore switched in something that could take advantage of that? A clever move on his end. Now he gets to set up a nice layer of spikes as I switch out in fear of a power whip ohko. Once again, unfortunately for my opponent, I'm not a very good battler.

Start of turn 5
Starmie used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 71% of its health!
Starmie is hurt by its Life Orb!

The foe's Ferrothorn used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of alphatron's team!

The sandstorm rages!

:bw/starmie:65% (You light my love fire) vs. :bw/ferrothorn:34% (I'm dying Squirtle)

As they always say, you gotta keep with the times. Hp Electric is old news. Hp fire is what's hip and happening! Of course, a starmie has no reason to ever use hp electric, but you get my point. That was a rather risky play and I was banking on my opponent going for more hazards there. With sun support, it would have been an ohko, but I sadly cannot ask for that luxury. You know, for a LO pokemon with base 100 spA using a 4x SE attack, ferrothorn sure has a lot of nerve even taking that hit at all.

Since his ferrothorn has been alerted to my latent abilities, he'll switch out now to save his life. While he switches, I'll spend my time taking advantage of it. Yes, I'll use this completely viable base 20 physical attack that does less damage over the course of the game than pretty much any other move. This is also very productive for starmie; using rapid spin will allow me to lose more hp than whatever my opponent switches in will, thanks to the life orb. Ugh...I hate carrying rapid spinners these days...

Start of turn 6
Karl Marx [Test] called Ferrothorn back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Tyranitar!

Starmie used Rapid Spin!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Tyranitar lost 1% of its health!
Starmie blew away Spikes!
Starmie blew away Stealth Rock!
Starmie is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!

:bw/starmie:49% (Spinning faster than a speeding ferroseed) vs. :bw/tyranitar:77% (Forever present. He even shows up in your worst nightmares)

Excellent! I did 1% damage to tyranitar, and lost 10% of my hp in the process. I'm greatful though because this sets my opponent back a little bit and I can switch in my pokemon for free for the time being. It is no secret that drought teams do not actually carry any pokemon who use water type moves, even if they do carry water type pokemon (I lie. Some do. Like that one starmie who used hydro pump as I switched in houndoom. Houndoom survived obviously, but still). My opponent may or may not know this, but I doubt that matters. Even if starmie was carrying hydro pump, I wouldn't kill tyranitar, while he would kill me with crunch. Taking STAB 180 base power SE attacks? Tyranitar's cool like that.

My opponent will probably go for stealth rocks as I try to preserve my Starmie. It's time for Starmie to retreat as I switch in Ninetales for the first time this match. It's risky, but if he uses stealth rock, then I technically switched in Tales for free.

Start of turn 7
Starmie is being sent back!
The foe's Tyranitar used Pursuit!

Oh, for fucks sake.

It's super effective!
Starmie lost 130 HP! (49% of its health)
Starmie fainted!

alphatron called Starmie back!
alphatron sent out Ninetales!

Ninetales's Drought intensified the sun's rays!

The sunlight is strong!
Agammemnon is watching the battle.
Agammemnon: This is long :(

:bw/starmie:0% (You didn't make it) and :bw/ninetales:100% (forever fearless) vs. :bw/tyranitar:83% (There is no escape. He consumes all, and shapes it to his will)

^See that guy? That's the dude who I faced in the finals who completely washed me with his and lead LO deoxys with stealth rock. See that turn? That's my Starmie falling to the phenomenal power of tyranitar. There was no way out of that one. It's okay though, Starmie. You did what you had to do. With Ninetales in, I can go for the will-o-wisp on tyranitar. I haven't seen his last move, but it's probably stone edge. Ninetales can tank a stone edge from a burned tyranitar though, and it will give me a definite edge over the course of this battle.

Useless trivia time: A burned politoed/burned tyranitar switching into stealth rocks loses 25% of it's health, the same amount as a stealth rock weak pokemon switching into stealth rock.

Start of turn 8
Karl Marx [Test] called Tyranitar back!
Karl Marx [Test] sent out Latios!

Ninetales used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Latios was burned!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Latios is hurt by its burn!
Agammemnon stopped watching the battle.

:bw/ninetales:100% (This fire burns) vs. :bw/latios:56% (Has never used Flak Jacket Pro)

In sixth gen, gamefreak should make a grass or a fighting type version of pursuit. I don't care if it makes sense, they should just do it. It'd make things easier on me. Burning latios isn't anywhere near as good as burning tyranitar, but the damage is nice since he rarely carries recover anyway.

Based on how my opponent has been playing so far, there is no way he'll use draco meteor. Heatran could come in to take the meteor with relative ease. He probably won't use surf, since sunlight is up and heatran can take that too. Honestly, I'm expecting a psyshock. And who on my team can take the psyshock? Heatran? Yes. But since I'm a bad player, I won't be switching him in. The latios hasn't actually attacked yet, so he may be spec'd. And if he is, then I'm gonna make the oh so smart play of switching a dragon into a dragon.

Start of turn 9
Karl Marx [Test] called Latios back!

alphatron called Ninetales back!
alphatron sent out Hydreigon!

The sunlight is strong!

:bw/hydreigon:100% (Fired Durians are part of a balanced diet) vs. :bw/ferrothorn:33% (But I'm all hard tangy)

I'll be completely honest with you. I have no idea what my opponent was thinking here. Every way I look at it, I cannot see how pivot switching to ferrothorn was a good idea, no matter who I switched in. I mean, I may be crazy, but no way in hell am I gonna switch victreebel into latios. I mean, I once switched him into a burned haxorus outrage by accident and he was ohko'd.

Well, with hydriegon in right now, I suppose it's only fair that I tell you readers a bit more about him. When hydriegon was a young dragon, his father took him to the city. To see a marching band. He said, “Son, when you grow up-”

Er, Um. What I really meant to say was that my hydriegon is a modest LO variant. It runs dark pulse, fire blast, draco meteor, and taunt. It hits like you'd expect a three headed rampaging dragon to, and taunt is there so that the incoming Blissey doesn't take advantage of me. I'll probably remove it though. I mean, losing to heatran is fun and all, but I can't go around falling before a pokemon that sun teams honestly shouldn't have much trouble with. Anyway, on this turn, I'll go for the draco meteor. Yes, ferrothorn is in right now, but who leaves ferrothorn in on hydreigon? My opponent is probably going to switch tyranitar in to shrug off what he expects to be fire blast.

Okay, seriously. Why the hell am I not carrying focus blast again?

Start of turn 10

Hydreigon used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 38% of its health!
Hydreigon's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Hydreigon is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!
Hydreigon is buffeted by the sandstorm!

:bw/hydreigon:84% (Logical thinking is overrated) vs. :bw/tyranitar:39% (Cosmic meteors barely scratch his massive bulk)

*Useless trivia time 2: Modest LO hydreigon's draco meteor is roughly 3% weaker than timid choice specs latios.*

In the weather war (which this really isn't), every bit of damage on the opponent's weather inducer counts. It's all about chipping away at them until they eventually die or cornering them and picking them off. Well, that's just if you play sun or hail. If you play rain, then the weather war is about spamming choice specs hydro pump with politeod, and laughing at the sad sack of fools who thought it would be safe to switch into a formerly NU pokemon.

The draco meteor did less than I thought, leading me to believe that this guy is carrying 252/252 sassy tyranitar. What the hell? As it's actually carrying moves that I genuinely worry about, I've been forced to handle it differently than I do the usual tyranitar build. Like most super villains, he's going to use his super powers to crush me. Fortunately, I know someone who fights super villains on a daily basis.

Start of turn 11
alphatron called Hydreigon back!
alphatron sent out Gallade!

A critical hit!
Gallade lost 169 HP! (51% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Gallade is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Gallade restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Karl Marx [Test]: sorry
alphatron: meh. it happens

:bw/gallade:49% (The only one he ever feared) vs. :bw/tyranitar:45% (He rules all but a small portion of this world)

In comes the protoganist to take the (not so) futile attack! How did he take that hit? Like a champ? Fool! Champions can't fight against super powered green behemoths! No. Gallade takes that hit like a super hero! And here he comes to save the day!

For anyone who's ever watched saturday morning cartoons, played rpgs, etc, typical bad guys run away from super heroes like him. And since that's exactly what tyranitar will be doing, this gives me a bit of room to attack with relative ease. I run bulk up gallade with justice up, drain justice, ice justice, and justice sneak. Gallade, a latios or a gliscor will be coming our way soon. I want you to serve our enemies a cold one.

Start of turn 12
Karl Marx [Test] sent out Gliscor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gliscor!

Gallade used Ice Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gliscor lost 51% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
The foe's Gliscor was poisoned!
Purple Crobatchop: nice?
Karl Marx [Test]: ouch
Karl Marx [Test]: ¬¬

:bw/gallade:49% (Serving up frozen justice!) vs. :bw/gliscor:36% (But a minion cannot battle the hero!)

Hello smogon. Look at your conkeldurr, now back to Gallade. Now back to your Conkeldurr, now back to Gallade. Sadly, your conkeldurr is not a gallade, but if he spent less time being ohko'd by politoed hydro pump and failing to set up, he could be like gallade. Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're at the top of the ladder, with the pokemon your fighting type pokemon could fight like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's a masterball with this and next round's voting requirements. Look again. The voting reqs are now diamonds! Anything is possible when your fighting type pokemon fights like a man and not a lady. I'm on a rapidash.

For the record, I didn't use bulk up because gallade needs at least two to insure that shadow sneak could dispose of enemy latios (at least, that's how its been ever since I altered the EV spread). With gliscor now wary of Gallade's frozen fist (of justice!), I think it's time for me to bulk up.

Start of turn 13
Karl Marx [Test] called Gliscor back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Scizor!

Gallade used Bulk Up!
Gallade's Attack rose!
Gallade's Defense rose!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Scizor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

:bw/gallade:49% (my strength comes from hard work) vs. :bw/scizor:93% (Forget him! Allow me the honor, sire!)

Oh crap, it's Scizor. Even with a single bulk up, Cb Scizor does a crap load of damage to gallade and I can't keep setting up on him. LO Scizor flat out beats me with sword's dance and raw strength before I can bulk up far enough. Oh man, I'm gonna have to swi-

Yeah. Nevermind.

Start of turn 14
Gallade used Bulk Up!
Gallade's Attack rose!
Gallade's Defense rose!

The foe's Scizor used Swords Dance!
The foe's Scizor's Attack sharply rose!

The sandstorm rages!

:bw/gallade:49% vs. :bw/scizor:99% (My strength comes my weapon)

Alright. I'm at the point where I can 2HKO him with drain punch so I'm not going to get greedy. I may talk a big game, but I'll probably be in trouble if my opponent goes for the bug bite over the bullet punch. I mean, I can take a bug bite, but gallade most likely will not be healthy enough to tank the bullet punch that comes afterwards. Well, here goes nothing.

Start of turn 15
Gallade used Drain Punch!
The foe's Scizor lost 69% of its health!
The foe's Scizor had its energy drained!

The foe's Scizor used Bug Bite!
Gallade lost 202 HP! (61% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Purple Crobatchop: "I am catching cup!"

:bw/gallade:??% (No idea what his hp is after that) vs. :bw/scizor:37% (You call that a punch! I'll show you a punch!)

And he uses bug bite. Gallade, it's time to get out of there. A hero never runs away, but let's just call this a tactical retreat. Heatran, you're up.

Start of turn 16
alphatron called Gallade back!
alphatron sent out Heatran!

The foe's Scizor used Bullet Punch!
Heatran lost 50 HP! (12% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

:bw/heatran:39% (You were saying?) vs. :bw/scizor:43% (Tch! Coward!)

Heatran takes the hit...a little worse than I'd imagine a mass of molten metal being punched by a bug would. As specially bulky Scizor can do literally nothing to Heatran, I probably should have gone for either roar or earth power. Hell, roar would have been great. But I completely forgot about tyranitar. I should have remembered that you never forget about tyranitar.

Start of turn 17

Heatran used Fire Blast!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 11% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

:bw/heatran:45% (Run Commando Pro next time, buddy) vs. :bw/tyranitar:22% (The flames mean nothing)

Remember back when I said that weather wars were all about whittling down the enemy weather inducer until it dies. Sometimes, that means that you'll have to make some sacrifices. Gallade is too weak to switch in again and then proceed to accomplish much of anything. I may lose my answer to latios in the process, but if it's for the greater good...sorry heatran.

Start of turn 18
Heatran used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 20% of its health!

It's super effective!
Heatran lost 172 HP! (44% of its health)
Heatran fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Karl Marx [Test]: lol

:bw/heatran:0% (K/D Ratio .61. 0 captures. 3 defends) and :bw/ninetales:100% (No manners at all. Typical Gen 2 pokemon) vs. :bw/tyranitar:8% (Not even the earth can betray him)

My opponent laughs at my loss, as all opponents should do. Come on, we may not all type “lol” in the chat window, but we do indeed laugh to ourselves when our opponents make seemingly bad plays. For me, switching back to Ninetales to force tyranitar out works even if heatran has fainted. But with heatran dead, now it's time to get the hell out of here. Tyranitar MIGHT stay in, but I'm not taking the chance. I know exactly who's gonna switch in now. I'll welcome him with open arms.

Start of turn 19
alphatron sent out Gallade!

Karl Marx [Test] sent out Latios!
Purple Crobatchop: if you put gallade there...

The sunlight is strong!
Purple Crobatchop: in the first place, I mean

:bw/gallade:In Range of draco meteor death% (Your reign of terror is almost over!) vs. :bw/latios:32% (Is still using the B-52 killstreak after the patch)

Just as I thought. Latios is pretty badly hurt now (despite me not attacking him once the whole match), but that doesn't matter if he can draco meteor all over my team without being walled by heatran or revenged by Starmie. Since he's weakened though, gallade should be able to take him. I have always trusted in gallade to guide me to victory when things look rough. He has never failed me before. Now too, I believe in gallade to guide me to victory and serve the enemy justice. Gallade will win. I believe in him.

Start of turn 20
Gallade used Shadow Sneak!
It's super effective!
The foe's Latios lost 29% of its health!

Well, shit

The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
A critical hit!
Gallade lost 99 HP! (29% of its health)
Gallade fainted!
The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Latios fainted!
Karl Marx [Test]: and lol again

Purple Crobatchop: now

:bw/gallade:0% (I've done..all that I could...) and :bw/ninetales:100% vs. :bw/latios:0% (K/D Ratio: 2.0 0 Captures. 0 defends) and :bw/ferrothorn:27%

Looking up on the damage calculator after the battle was over, I found out that I actually got the minimum damage role for shadow sneak. On the bright side, the burn killed Latios off. So through a combination of Ninetales, Heatran's stealth rock, and gallade putting him in death range, Latios was taken out. And people say that sun has trouble with dragons...

(Note that this in no way, shape, or form should be used as an actual example of how sun deals with dragon type pokemon).

My opponent switched in Ferrothorn, whom sun teams tend to welcome as a trusted ally, mainly when he is on the enemy team. So I switched in Ninetales as bait for Tyranitar. Tyranitar has just enough hp to live through stealth rocks when he switches back in to activate sandstorm one last time. So I'll kill him. If Ferrothorn stays in, then he'll die too. It's time for my Ninetales to do what it loves doing. Hidden power fighting.

Start of turn 21

Ninetales used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 0% of its health!
The foe's Tyranitar fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Ninetales is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Ninetales restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
alphatron: Now it's my turn to do it. *ahem*
alphatron: lol
Karl Marx [Test] sent out Rotom-W!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Rotom-W!

:bw/ninetales:100% (The young ones efforts were not in vain) vs. :bw/tyranitar:0% (Heh. You still believe that Politoed and I were your enemies...) and :bw/rotom-wash:87% (The farthest thing from energy efficient)

And tyranitar is finally dead. That could have gone a lot more smoothly, but whatever gets the job done. As I begin to question my whether or not this team of mine is worth salvaging, my opponent switches in Rotom-W, causing me to wonder why he didn't just do so every time he switched Latios in and then switched him out.

Start of turn 22

The foe's Rotom-W used Will-O-Wisp!
Hydreigon was burned!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Hydreigon is hurt by its burn!
The foe's Rotom-W restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

:bw/hydreigon:66% (My expensive suits are dry clean only) vs. :bw/rotom-wash:93% (Starmie had the right idea)

Not much to say here. My opponent predicts the switch correctly, as I need Ninetales alive to switch him in at least one last time. Hydriegon being burned matters to me very little and Rotom-W won't be able to take a hit from draco meteor. Ferrothorn won't be able to take a hit from draco meteor either, crippled as it is. Huh? My opponent might switch to Scizor? My Ninetales has 100% of it's health right now.

Start of turn 23
Karl Marx [Test] called Rotom-W back!

Hydreigon used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 22% of its health!
The foe's Ferrothorn fainted!
Hydreigon's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The sandstorm rages!

:bw/hydreigon:50% vs. :bw/ferrothorn:0% (battered and burned) and :bw/scizor:37% (The boss has fallen, hasn't he...)

In comes Scizor. Bullet punch probably won't kill me, so I could just go for the fire blast. However, I need Hydreigon alive for more than just one attack. I'll send in Ninetales to deal with this.

Start of turn 24
alphatron called Hydreigon back!

The foe's Scizor used Roost!
The foe's Scizor landed on the ground!
The foe's Scizor regained health!

The sunlight is strong!
Purple Crobatchop: good
Karl Marx [Test]: bad
Purple Crobatchop: ...well...yeah

:bw/ninetales:100% (Back in my day, the only healing moves were recover and rest) vs. :bw/scizor:87% (Your day is long gone. Sand and Rain are the new era!)

You know, I've always considered roost to be a ridiculous move. Here you are, fighting against a lugia when suddenly, it lands on the ground and starts ruffling its feathers. In PBR, I think togekiss even starts pecking at little seeds when he uses it. Pretty silly if you ask me.

Start of turn 25
Karl Marx [Test] sent out Rotom-W!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Rotom-W!

Ninetales used Fire Blast!
The foe's Rotom-W lost 35% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Purple Crobatchop: but the recovery was good
Agammemnon is watching the battle.
Agammemnon stopped watching the battle.

:bw/ninetales:100% (Somewhat misses the old days) vs. :bw/rotom-wash:52% (Is overheating)

I'd comment more on this turn if I hadn't seen it in just about every match I've ever had. At one point I was considering slapping energy ball back onto Ninetales, but outside of Politoed, I don't really need it. Against Rotom-W, it has manages to beat out sun boosted fire blast by about 25. But with hazard support, Ninetales can simply use fire blast to take on Rotom-W and go for the 3HKO, especially if you catch it on the switch in. Hydro pump in the sun is a 2-3HKO at best, so-

Start of turn 26
Ninetales used Fire Blast!
The foe's Rotom-W lost 33% of its health!

The foe's Rotom-W used Hydro Pump!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Ninetales lost 349 HP! (100% of its health)
Ninetales fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Karl Marx [Test]: LOOOOOL
Purple Crobatchop: I see
alphatron: Crits are funny afterall
Karl Marx [Test]: and sorry

:bw/ninetales:0% (Lost the battle, but...) and :bw/hydreigon:50% vs. :bw/rotom-wash:19% (Comes equipped with a targetting reticule)

Oops. Forgot that I was playing pokemon. Allow me to correct myself. Hydro pump in the sun is a critical hit at best, allowing for Rotom-W to score the ohko on Ninetales. Well, that kind of sucked. Ever since a Life orb mamoswine used rain dance on me, I've been trying to go through matches keeping Ninetales healthy enough to switch back in and set up weather. Let's just hope that my opponent doesn't have any weather changing moves in store.

I sent in hydriegon to be the savior of the broken, The beaten and the damned. Will he defeat them, his demons and all the non-believers, The plans that they have made?

Er, sorry. I sent in hydriegon to pick up where Ninetales left off. Quite literally. Yes, I'm going to use fire blast. Not to prove a point or anything, but because for me, the best thing about playing sunlight is using resisted attack and doing a ridiculous amount of damage to the opponent anyway. Not that I get to showcase that in this warstory, which is probably why I feel a bit iffy about this team.

Start of turn 27
Hydreigon used Fire Blast!
The foe's Rotom-W lost 18% of its health!
The foe's Rotom-W fainted!
alphatron: meh, what's twice a match

The sunlight is strong!
Karl Marx [Test] sent out Gliscor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gliscor!

:bw/hydreigon:28% (Water > Fire? Says who?) vs. :bw/rotom-wash:0% (malfunction!) and :bw/gliscor:24%

Hydreigon is on his last legs, but my opponent chose not to send in Scizor to finish him off with bullet punch. Perhaps he realized that Gliscor was no longer useful to him and decided to just let him go.

*Useless trivia #3: The jelliferro combo and the ferrogliscor combo are both taken out by houndoom. I do not know why I mentioned this though, as it has nothing to do with the warstory.*

Start of turn 28
Hydreigon used Dark Pulse!
The foe's Gliscor lost 23% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Hydreigon fainted!

alphatron sent out Victreebel!

:bw/hydreigon:0% and :bw/victreebel:100% (Munch, munch, crunch, gobble) vs. :bw/gliscor:0%(you know, this all went by so fast...) and :bw/scizor:75%

alphatron: gg
alphatron: And good match
Karl Marx [Test]: gg man
Purple Crobatchop: hmm

And so the end of the match has come. You've seen his Scizor before, but this is Victreebel's first time showing his face. I carry a mixed Victreebel with growth, leaf blade, weather ball, and hp ice (screw sucker punch). Yes, I'm walled by fire types, but if you'll look through the usage statistics you'll see that I have something else to worry about. Victreebel's kind of like a venusaur, but without the part where you have to switch out of blissey. However, as I've already mentioned, he's frail as hell. 84.7% - 100% is the amount of damage hasty Victreebel takes from CB bullet punch, a near guarenteed ohko with hazard support (thank you starmie!). Will I live through the bullet punch? What if he crits again?

What am I worrying about? I got this. Even if he crits, there's a chance I'll live. Victreebel! Make me proud!

Start of turn 29
Victreebel used Weather Ball!
It's super effective!
The foe's Scizor lost 73% of its health!
The foe's Scizor fainted!
Victreebel is hurt by its Life Orb!

alphatron won the battle!
alphatron: Golurk may be viable.

:bw/victreebel:90% (Chomp, chomp, crunch) vs. :bw/scizor:(Chomp..?)

Scizor realizes that any efforts would be futile, and he decided not to bother. Thus my third warstory ends in victory. After this, I questioned why my win quote had absolutely nothing to do with my team, and then I went on to lose in the tournament finals (pretty badly might I add). But for this moment, I was somewhat proud of myself.

Props and Slops

Props:
-Starmie for making sure that Ferrothorn would never get the chance to do anything outside of one move the whole game and for getting rid of hazards.
-Ninetales for assisting in killing Latios and Tyranitar
-My opponent for not using the standard set for specially defensive mixed tyranitar
-Modest LO Hydreigon in general

Slops:
-Me for assuming that every tyranitar is the same tyranitar
-Starmie dying to Tyranitar after two attacks
-Letting heatran die while latios was still alive
-My opponent for using specially bulky T-tar at all.

Though I don't have time to critique the actual battle, I wanted to give you kudos many times over for making me laugh more times reading an article online than I ever have before.

Gallade rant was beautiful < 3

Great warstory, though the story part was much better than the war part. The battle was good, there were some great, and some not so glorious plays in there, but what makes this warstory awesome are definitely the commentaries. And, as that guy above me said: Gallade rant = awesome. Gallade is one of my fav pokémon, and now I'm gonna build a team with him.

Great commentary, I love the little notes after the percentages, and a very entertaining read. 9.99999/10 and a luvdisc for you.

Really brilliant battle. Easy on the eyes with a nice format, but the comments were easily the best thing. I actually lolled a couple of times. This is Warstory at its finest :)

I'm gonna try Gallade out eventually now, but I don't like how little Shadow Sneak does to Latios...

I liked it. Pretty good battle, not too much hax, humorous thoughtful commentary, along with the Gallade paragraph as others have said before me.

Thumbs up. Good commentary and predictions.

PS he's probably running the second ttar set, the careful one. It's better than mix. Also use rash earthquake over dark pulse because it beats Heatran and Blissey and TTar after they take a DM / taunt without missing!

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello smogon. Look at your conkeldurr, now back to Gallade. Now back to your Conkeldurr, now back to Gallade. Sadly, your conkeldurr is not a gallade, but if he spent less time being ohko'd by politoed hydro pump and failing to set up, he could be like gallade. Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're at the top of the ladder, with the pokemon your fighting type pokemon could fight like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's a masterball with this and next round's voting requirements. Look again. The voting reqs are now diamonds! Anything is possible when your fighting type pokemon fights like a man and not a lady. I'm on a rapidash.
heh
Anyways awesome warstory, the battle and playing was actually decent (which you don't see on every warstory).
But I was hoping to see some joke relating to the title.
lol anyways excellent job.
BTW Conkeldurr beats Scizor at +2. :P

This was probably the greatest paragraph I've ever read in a warstory.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, that was great.

Awesome warstory & battle. Useless trivia is ite. Ninetales is a typical Gen I Pokemon.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Very entertaining warstory. Well done.

presentation: 9/10
commentary: 10/10
battle: 7.5/10

What I enjoyed is that you clearly put effort into this not only in commentary but also with your formatting and that you picked a decent battle to actually write about.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Wow, i'm not the only one that uses Bulk Up Gallade. If I may, what ev's does your Gallade run, i'm thinking of changing mine up a bit?

Great warstory, 9.3/10.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
(I'm dying Squirtle)
I run bulk up gallade with justice up, drain justice, ice justice, and justice sneak.
Lovely.

EDIT-- I think some of your HP percentages are off, how exactly did a 50% Hydreigon faint after two turns of Burn and LO (25 + 20 = 45), and how did a 8% Tyranitar switch in on Stealth Rock ?__?

Cool story bro (omit sarcasm). I took a screen shot of the ballads rant to treasure for ever since it's too long to sig. 99/10

Awesome warstory. Gallade is my favourite Pokemon, so it's good to see someone use him. Also, that Gallade rant was absolutely hilarious. Well done Warstory indeed.

9/10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)