Pokémon Furfrou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running on doubles this set. Haven't had any trouble for this guy, only focus blash was a threat.
Furfrou@Leftovers (Nature: Careful)
-Return
-Cotton Guard
-Thunder Wave
-Roar

Using debutant look to ensure the opponent feels the terror of this dangerous monster!

Not sure if this will be helpful for you guys or not, but this spread worked A LOT better than expected in doubles.

Furfrou @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 132 Spd / 252 HP / 124 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cotton Guard
- Snarl
- Toxic
- Protect

Not using Furfrou's speed is just wrong. Base 100 is a huge landmark in dubs, so I beat neutral natured ones by one point. That gives me plenty of EVs to invest in Def which is important because of the way Fur Coat works, investment counts for a lot. Fast-ish Cotton Guard+Protect gives a lot of longevity, you could probably switch Snarl for U-Turn since this is singles and Toxic is the best thing it can do to dmg. Roar is potentially a very good option over Toxic if you have the hazards.
It still doesn't DO a lot, but with an efficient EV spread(which most posts lacked) you can get a lot more out of Furfrou. It's best niche is forcing very small chip/residual damage while just never dying. Wish support is crucial and I think Togekiss could do the job beautifully thanks to 4x fighting resist and special bulk.

Slightly edited my old set a little bit to invest in Defense instead of Speed, as the extra bulk has been significantly much more important than Speed from what I've tested. Regardless of good speed comboing well with RestTalk Roar, you can still outspeed a lot of Pokemon with neutral nature.

Rest-Talk Phazerfrou

Furfrou @ Leftovers
EVs: 252HP / 252Def / 4SpD
Impish Nature
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Return/Toxic

The main point of this set is to function as an effective defensive pivot and phazer. You'll be forcing out physical sweepers that like to set up such as Dragonite, Talonflame, and Cloyster with relative ease. Rest is necessary to maximize Furfrou's survivability and is his only true form of recovery. Sleep Talk works well with Rest as it allows you to use moves while asleep. However, the icing on the cake is that using Sleep Talk to activate Roar makes Roar's priority 0 instead of -6, allowing you to immediately Roar out any Pokemon that you outspeed. This in conjunction with Furfrou's decent speed allows it to force out many threats. However, Jolly Nature and Speed EVs are not necessary, as a neutral nature already outspeeds many key Pokemon. The EV and Impish nature are necessary to maximize its physical bulk as much as possible. Return is Furfrou's best mono attacking option, Toxic is great if you don't fear Taunters. You generally wanna run this set with Pokemon that can set up many entry hazards, such as Forretress, as you will deal a ton of residual damage with Roar. Pokemon that can get rid of common Flying-type Defog users like Electric-types such as Rotom-W are very helpful. Tyranitar has great synergy as he can take special hits well, set up Stealth Rocks, and Pursuit Gengars that aren't affected by both Toxic and Return. Magnezone is good for trapping steel types that resist Return and aren't affected by Toxic. Spin blockers are also great at keeping your entry hazards up so be sure to carry a Ghost-type.

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Rest-Talk Phazerfrou

Furfrou @ Leftovers
EVs: 252HP / 252Def / 4SpD
Impish Nature
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Return/Toxic
I REALLY like the idea behind this set, I think I will try it out. It looks like a lot of fun.

I REALLY like the idea behind this set, I think I will try it out. It looks like a lot of fun.
Yeah its pretty fun to use and can cause unprepared teams some serious problems, but you're gonna want to find a way around those defoggers, they are a huge problem.

Rotom would probably function well as a spin blocker/anti-defogger (STAB T-bolt, Fire Blast, etc.,) , so combo him and Furfrou with an entry hazard poke like Forretres, and that could potentially deal out some destruction.

Rotom H doesn't get fire blast.
One thing I forgot to say: I probably have no clue what I'm talking about. I know that each form of Rotom gets a special type specific move. Idk exactly what they are though. But what I meant was a STAB move in whatever type if you expect a certain threat.

Last edited:

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Yeah its pretty fun to use and can cause unprepared teams some serious problems, but you're gonna want to find a way around those defoggers, they are a huge problem.
I only just got around to trying it out on Pokemon Showdown. It was pretty funny. 10/10 will roar again

Here's a 3DS replay of mine on the Battle Spot showcasing how much of a wall Furfrou can be:

BPGG-WWWW-WWW4-NCJF

Use it NOW, kiddies! (My only attacking move was U-Turn; that's why I wasted some turns sometimes).

Using Cotton Guard for some turns while protected by a Substitute makes this Pokemon a great Physical Wall >:D

Using Cotton Guard for some turns while protected by a Substitute makes this Pokemon a great Physical Wall >:D
I didn't think of using Substitute, but Furfrou is one of those Pokemon that REALLY wishes it could have more than 4 moves. I think I'll swap Rest for Substitute. Perhaps I'll breed a Florges with Wish to support it on the special front. I can't get a good Sylveon due to not having Pokebank or the Move Tutors (and Florges is easier to breed anyway), so don't give me that "outclassed" argument. Wifi IS NOT the same as Showdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)