Fumblin' and SandStumblin': Superstar vs. [TW]Dragonuser (warstory)

It was a warm day in August. Late at night, bored, after partying hard with my girlfriend (<-- yeah, right), I sat down to play a little Pokemon Online. Although I had had much success in the Ubers tier, OU respectability still eluded me. Determined to rise above such mediocrity, I had crafted a sandstorm team. I had had reasonable success with it.
So I hit the find battle button. By fantastic coincidence, [TW]Dragonuser hit the find battle button at the same time. The music started (actually, Taylor Swift was playing, since I listen to itunes on my computer), and to the swanky beat of "Story of Us," the battle commenced.

Superstar's Team:

Dragonuser's Team:

And Rotom-W, which I can't find a sprite for. Probably because no one wants to show a sprite of a washing machine, no matter how boss it is.

Anyway, on that note the battle began. Notes:
Sandstorm is up the whole battle. I only put it once.
No pokes have Life Orb, except Reunculus, who doesn't take damage from it anyway.
I don't include Leftovers. Virizon has them, as does Slowbro.

As I surveyed his team, I pretty much immediately decided that it was offensive, just like mine. His only wall was Slowbro, like my only wall was Ferrothorn. There was no way on this planet he was going to lead with a Slowbro, unless he was either really dumb or really smart (which can be the same thing sometimes). So I sent out Tyrannitar, the bossest looking Pokemon in the world, who could take everything but Scizor. Good odds.

I also noticed his whole team was shiny. Except Virizon, the cell phone tower pokemon, probably because it looks girly when it's pink.

superstar sent out Tyranitar!
[TW]dragonuser sent out Scizor!
Tyranitar is floating on a balloon!
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

----------------

....mhmm. Right. Well. That really sucks. I don't know whether this is Band Scizor or SD Scizor or one of the other sets of this annoying metal bug. No matter what it attacks with though, it is going to destroy Ttar. No way am I trying to get Stealth Rock up here. It will probably use Superpower for the guaranteed OHKO. So I send in something that can take the Superpower and strike back with HP Fire:

---------------

Start of turn 1
superstar called Tyranitar back!
superstar sent out Latios!

The foe's Scizor used U-turn!
It's super effective!
Latios lost 302 HP! (100% of its health)
Latios fainted!
[TW]dragonuser called Scizor back!
[TW]dragonuser sent out Rotom-W!

Superstar sent out Stoutland

----------
Score: 5-6
----------

How is U-turn a bug attack? Is Scizor hitting and running away in a bug-like manner?...Anyway, Latios is now dead, which isn't good considering that he is my best special attacker and revenge killer. Damn. At least I know Scizor has a choice band now. Since the washing machine is decently frail, and probably has no bulk, taking a look at his team, I decide to send out Choice Band Stoutland. Even if he switches out of the Return that will kill him, I can pop the balloon of Heatran or dent Slowbro. Another question I have, by the way, is how a puny balloon can make Heatran float. Maybe it makes him hover inches above the ground or something.

------------

Start of turn 2
Stoutland used Return!
The foe's Rotom-W lost 93% of its health!
The foe's Rotom-W fainted!

[TW]dragonuser sent out Scizor!

------------
Score: 5-5
------------

Yay, the washing machine is...um...sent to the scrap heap? It can't really faint, since it's an inanimate object.
But I have to postpone my grief, since Scizor is back in. Superpower, or U-turn? Which will he choose? I have to decide whether to switch in Reunculus or Ferrothorn. I decide to switch in the Steel-plated plant-thingy. I can't afford to lose Reunculus, since he will be needed to kill Virizon.

------------
Start of turn 3
superstar called Stoutland back!
superstar sent out Ferrothorn!

The foe's Scizor used Superpower!
It's super effective!
Ferrothorn lost 264 HP! (82% of its health)
The foe's Scizor is hurt by Ferrothorn's Rocky Helmet!
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Scizor
The foe's Scizor's Attack fell!
The foe's Scizor's Defense fell!

-------------
Ferrothorn -- 18%
Scizor -- about 60%
------------

Well, that's a bummer. At least the Helmet and Barbs put a serious dent in Scizor. At this point, I probably could have switched in Reunculus, but physical attacks still hurt him, even if they are resisted, and I wanted that bug to be knocked down in health even more. Besides, Ferrothorn wasn't going to wall anything on his team anyway.

-----------
Start of turn 4
The foe's Scizor used Superpower!
It's super effective!
Ferrothorn lost 55 HP! (17% of its health)
Ferrothorn fainted!
The foe's Scizor is hurt by Ferrothorn's Rocky Helmet!
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Scizor
The foe's Scizor's Attack fell!
The foe's Scizor's Defense fell!

-----------
Scizor -- 41%

Score: 4-5
------------

Ferrothorn is dead. Even worse, "Story of Us" just ended. But that's okay. I bring out my secret weapon song: "Girlfriend." Avril Lavigne will drive him crazy!
Clearly, at this point I went slightly insane. A retarded Stunfisk (now that's dumb) would have realized my opponent couldn't hear my music.

At this point, while these musical thoughts were flowing through my head, my opponent decided to engage in some friendly, intelligent, witty, banter about something that had clearly been puzzling him. It went something like this:

[TW]dragonuser: wats stoutlands [sic] speed wit scarf?
superstar: he doesn't have one
[TW]dragonuser: :O
superstar: he has SAND RUSH
[TW]dragonuser: HOWWW
[TW]dragonuser: WATTTT
[TW]dragonuser: INSANE
superstar: double speed in sand!!!
superstar: iknoright
[TW]dragonuser: *MIND=BLOWN
superstar: yeah it blew mine too the first time he swept me
[TW]dragonuser: HOW DOES HE HAV [sic] FRICK SAND RUSH
[TW]dragonuser: OMG
superstar: IDK
superstar: it makes no sense
superstar: not even DW
[TW]dragonuser: ok hes going on my next ss team
superstar: straight up
superstar: with a choice band
[TW]dragonuser: yea
superstar: return kills errything

{For those of you with no education (everyone on the internet), sic means that there was a grammar error I am quoting.}
It makes no sense that Stoutland has sand rush. He is a dog. You catch him in the forrest. Where did he learn to rush in the sand? Anyway, how does sand make anything faster? What, does Exadrill let the sand blow him along so he can go first?

So, that was cleared up. I did the obvious thing after such a conversation:

----------
Start of turn 5
Stoutland used Fire Fang!
It's super effective!
The foe's Scizor lost 41% of its health!
The foe's Scizor fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
[TW]dragonuser sent out Latios!

-----------
Score: 4-4
-----------

Fire fang...they never see it coming. Actually, no one ever sees Stoutland coming. He's a dog with a huge mustache/beard. Come on. But like Dumbledore, the beard hides enormous strength. And yes, that comparison made no sense.
Anyway, I'm locked into Fire Fang, which will do approximately 0 damage to Latios. A Draco Meteor is coming. Obviously. Ttar has a special defense boost in the sand. Can he take the Meteor?

------------
Start of turn 6
superstar sent out Tyranitar!

Tyranitar is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
Tyranitar lost 237 HP! (69% of its health)
Tyranitar's Air Balloon popped!
The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

-------------

Obviously not. Well, Draco Meteor will probably kill Ttar, but I can revenge kill Latios yet again with Stoutland after he has Meteor(-ed?) his Special Attack stat into nothing. And it might not KO, so I try to set up Stealth Rock.

-------------
Start of turn 7
The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
Tyranitar lost 105 HP! (30% of its health)
Tyranitar fainted!
The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

--------------
Score: 3-4
--------------

Well, Tyranitar died. It doesn't seem right that such an awesome looking pokemon should faint. At all. Ever. But then Tyranitar would be banned from the game, and that would be a pity.
At least Latios is dead.

---------------
Start of turn 8
The foe's Latios is being sent back!
Stoutland used Pursuit!
It's super effective!
The foe's Latios lost 88% of its health!
The foe's Latios fainted!

[TW]dragonuser called Latios back!
[TW]dragonuser: FUCK
[TW]dragonuser sent out Virizion!

----------------
Score: 3-3
-----------------
Ohh, boy. Dragonuser didn't like that one bit. As his weakened Latios tried to run away, Stoutland used pursuit and sent to hell, right next to Tyranitar and my Latios.
But Virizion, even assuming it is a physical attacker, can't touch Reunculus with the Close Combat that is obviously coming. Right?

-----------------
Start of turn 9
superstar sent out Reuniclus!

The foe's Virizion used Swords Dance!
The foe's Virizion's Attack sharply rose!

------------------

Well, now I'm in a tough spot. The cell phone provider heard my thoughts now. Not good. I can probably survive a Leaf Blade, but I don't think Excadrill or Stoutland can. And Psychic will bring the pain on Virizon to make for an easier revenge kill.

---------------
Start of turn 10
The foe's Virizion used Leaf Blade!
Reuniclus lost 246 HP! (58% of its health)

Reuniclus used Psychic!
It's super effective!
The foe's Virizion lost 83% of its health!

-----------------
Reunculus -- 42%
Virizion -- 17%
------------------

Well, I'll just let Reunculus die. Bye.

------------------
Start of turn 11
The foe's Virizion used Close Combat!
It's not very effective...
Reuniclus lost 151 HP! (35% of its health)
The foe's Virizion's Defense fell!
The foe's Virizion's Sp. Def. fell!

Reuniclus used Psychic!
It's super effective!
The foe's Virizion lost 16% of its health!
The foe's Virizion fainted!

---------------------
Score: 3-2
---------------------

What??!!!! THE BLOB IS ALIVE! LONG LIVE AT&T! He must have thought I was going to switch to one of my sweepers...... you know what I'm thinking?

--------------------
[TW]dragonuser: lol tht was stupid
[TW]dragonuser sent out Heatran!

superstar: i was really debating whether to switch
superstar: so it wasn't that bad an idea

--------------------

I was actually thinking what he thought. But I tried to make him feel better.
Well, Stoutland and Excadrill both cannot take anything from Heatran. It doesn't have a balloon, so all I need is a one-on-one with Excadrill and it's game. Bye Blob

-------------------
Start of turn 12
The foe's Heatran used Lava Plume!
Reuniclus lost 27 HP! (6% of its health)
Reuniclus fainted!

superstar sent out Excadrill!

Excadrill is floating on a balloon!

-------------------

Yeah, Heatran, try to touch me now. I am incredibly tempted to X-Scisor here to kill the obvious Slowbro switch in. But if he has an attack of the clevers and keeps Heatran in, I lose, since Stoutland can't touch Heatran. I can't even afford to Swords Dance, since one Lava Plume is going to destroy me. Anyway, Heatran probably has a scarf, since it doesn't have a balloon, and Excadrill can destroy 1v1 anyway.

--------------------
Start of turn 13
[TW]dragonuser called Heatran back!
[TW]dragonuser sent out Slowbro!

Excadrill used Earthquake!
The foe's Slowbro lost 36% of its health!

----------------------

Scald is coming. I switch to Stoutland, praying that I don't get burned.

----------------------
Start of turn 14
superstar called Excadrill back!
superstar sent out Stoutland!

The foe's Slowbro used Scald!
Stoutland lost 109 HP! (34% of its health)

-------------------------

YES! No burn! Stoutland will kill this poser now.

---------------------------
Start of turn 15
Stoutland used Wild Charge!
It's super effective!
The foe's Slowbro lost 53% of its health!
Stoutland is hit with recoil!

The foe's Slowbro used Scald!
Stoutland lost 96 HP! (30% of its health)

Where is your bro now?

--------------------------
Start of turn 16
[TW]dragonuser called Slowbro back!
[TW]dragonuser sent out Heatran!

The foe's Heatran lost 34% of its health!

Whatever. I can weaken him with one more Wild Charge. Revenge kill with Excadrill. Than X-Scissor Slowbro into Oblivion. If only I had seen the fatal message: Heatran restored a little HP using Leftovers.

Start of turn 17
The foe's Heatran lost 35% of its health!
Stoutland fainted!

The foe's Heatran used Substitute!
The foe's Heatran made a substitute!

superstar: :O

Superstar sent out Excadrill!

-------------------------------
Heatran: 16% health
Score: 1-2
Yeah, I'm surprised. OBVIOUSLY. A SUBSTITUTE. A SUBSTITUTE!! It didn't have scarf. No balloon. No Life Orb. It had Leftovers, but I never saw a message because it was at full health before and I was in the swing of the moment at the end. Wild Charge came within 5% of killing it, too. Now the 1v1 (sort of) that I wanted has come, since Slowbro is too weak to survive an X-Scissor. BUT IT HAS A SUBSTITUTE.

Start of turn 18
Excadrill used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran's substitute faded!

The foe's Heatran used Lava Plume!
It's super effective!
superstar: gg
[TW]dragonuser: gg

Excadrill lost 320 HP! (88% of its health)
Excadrill's Air Balloon popped!
Excadrill was burned!

The sandstorm rages!
Excadrill is hurt by its burn!
Excadrill fainted!

--------------------------------
Is this a joke? I manage to get lucky and survive the Lava, but burn hax kill me. Still, Lava Plume has about a 25% shot of notching a KO here, so add that to the burn chance and he had a pretty good chance of winning. Still, you hate to see pure luck decide a match.

His MVP:
SCIZOR

It died early, but took out many of my support and coverage pokes (three of them!) that would have been able to stop him later in the match...Latios dying in the first turn really gained the edge for him.

My MVP:
Yeah, I lost, but it came down to hax at the end, so if I had an MVP, it would be Stoutland. The dog revenge killed three Pokemon and gave me a fighting chance to win it at the end by weakening Slowbro severely.

PROS:
Short, sweet, and intense. Lots of tough decisions and predictions to make, most of which I got wrong.

CONS:
Terrible decisions on both sides.
Hax decided the outcome at the end.

This should've been posted in Dragonspiral Tower, although it does not meet the expectations for a warstory (picture-wise, and probably the commentary but I haven't read it yet).

This was an absolutely mediocre battle. The entirety was revenge kill, revenge kill, revenge kill. It was not warstory worthy at all. Your commentary was also devoid of planning.

Also, this bugged me the entire time. ...a super effective x scissor is only 10 base power than your earthquake. An unboosted x scissor from jolly balloon excadrill is a 3hko on slowbro, not even including leftovers. Just because it says super effective does not mean it's an instakill.

The first three moves seriously made me laugh yeah. Switches from Tyranitar to Latios against a Scizor and gets KO'd, then two turns later, switches from Stoutland to Ferrothorn and gets nearly OHKO'd by the same Scizor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)