SM Doubles OU Froot, Peaked No1 twice

Matame

New Rules

Hello Everybody and welcome to my first RMT of SM. Today I will be presenting a Sun HO team I'm really proud of and I feel highlights the strengths of the meta. This team is a fairly basic Sun Hyper offense featuring the popular Deoxys-Tapu lele core complemented with Charizard Y. This team is really fun and easy to use and it's been a blast tweaking it and gaining a bunch of experience with it.

Teambuilding Process

So I wanted to try Deoxys Attack/Tapu Lele since it was a super popular core and it looked amazing on paper. Lele covers for one of Deo's greatest fears, priority, while also dealing with Darks with its Fairy STAB.

Next I added Zygarde. Another popular Mon I wanted to give a go. It sets up on steels which Deo appreciates while Psychic Terrain Deoxys can pressure its threats and give it free set up turns.

Next I wanted to add Charizard Y. It's an amazing check to steels, bulky waters and does really well vs Trick Room.

Next I wanted Heatran as a check to fairies, psychic spam and an additional check to steels.

Finally I ended with Zapdos for speed control and a check to bulky waters, Mence and Landorus.

In-Depth Analysis

I'm a Ruin (Tapu Lele) @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Taunt

Tapu Lele was an interesting addition to the meta. With the absence of Mega Garde I hoped for an appropiate replacement as a Psychic Fairy. While we lost spread Fairy Hyper voice we gained soemthing just as, if not more, valuable in Psychic Surge. This most importantly blocks priority and boosts the damage of psychic moves, which is super beneficial for both itself and possible partners. Moonblast hits fairies white taunt helps prevent set up of things like calm mind, tailwind and trick room, to name a few. I didn't really need to hit any defensive benchmarks so I went Max Max Jolly to tie with other Lele.

Blue (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Detect

With the addition of Tapu lele, Deoxys Attack is a behemoth this generation. One of the greatest things that were holding it back this Gen have been remedied with the inclusion of Psychic Terrain; its fear of priority attacks. it also hits much harder with the boost to psychic moves, and not much can withstand a powerful Psycho boost. Superpower is to chunk steels that would not be Ko'ed by Psycho Boost, while knock off helps with steels like Aegislash and Jirachi that aren't fearful of superpower, while also hitting other psychic types.

Better Than That (Zygarde) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect

Zygarde got a giant buff this gen in Thousand Arrows. It hits and grounds flying and levitating Pokemon, narrowing down Pokemon that can switch in on it. Being a spread move makes it an even more unstoppable force after setup. Glare is helpful for slowing down a threat that Zygarde can't beat with its stab alone to be dealt with earlier later. Z ground move allows me to nuke stuff like Hoopa and side guard users like Aegi that would otherwise wall. The spread lets me out speed Base 130's like Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar.

Happy (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 140 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Charizard is a great Mega this gen. With the rise steels to combat Lele and Deoxys Charizard finds itself stronger than ever. STAB heat waves deal a hefty amount to everything neutral and nuke steels such as Jirachi and Celesteela. Solarbeam allows it to hit bulky waters such as Milotic or Tapu Fini. Overheat is great for short bursts of damage and allows it to get past Wide Guard. Spread allows it to live an Adamant rock slide from Landorus Therian andlets it outspeed Adamant Tapu Bulu, while the rest is dumped into Special Attack.

Forget (Heatran) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 160 SpA / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Heatran is a staple in the Doubles Metagame at the moment. Its bulk, typing and movepool help it pull off various roles and check a bunch of big threats. Flash Fire makes it a great sun check while its steel typing makes it a good check to psychic spam. Heat wave is a good spread move that's very powerful and can be difficult to switch in. Earth power allows it to hit other Heatran, with Shuca berry allowing it to effectively win the mirror. Flamethrower is a strong single target fire move that deals heavy damage to many things, especially in sun, while bypassing wide guard. The spread allows to give you a chance of surviving two Hyperspace Fury's from Adamant Hoopa, with the rest dumped across special attack and defense.

Immortal (Zapdos) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Zapdos is one of my favorite speed control users. Its typing and fairy decent movepool allow it to be an effective check to uber threats such as Landorus and Mence while its stats allow it to both be bulky while still packing a punch. Thunderbolt is its main STAB, hitting bulky waters and dealing a fair amount to poekmon that don't resist it. Hidden Power Ice allow it to beat ground types such as Landorus. Roost improves its longlivety which makes it insanely hard to take down when paired with Psychic Seed. Tailwind is a reliable form of speed control. The spread allows you to survive two Rock Slides from Adamant Landorus-T after spread reduction and two Ice Beams from Modest Ludicolo, while the speed outruns base 70's.

Threat List

Hoopa, and trick room in general, can be a major threat to this team. While usually I'm able to overcome this with brute force and taunt Lele a well played Hoopa can preform extremely well vs this team. Tran can live two of its STAB hyperspace Fury's and do a ton back while Zygarde can threaten it greatly after a Ddance however it can still deal hefty damage.

After quite a few games on the ladder I found this Pokemon to be particularly irritating if played well. Mental herb trick room can put insane work against me as its ability allows it to live any one hit. Usually I can beat it if I play super aggressively with Deo/Lele but if played well it can be a problem.

Rain can be a problem if played effectively. I can usually rely on Psychic Seed Zapdos and my sun to counteract it but if they play the weather war effectively enough it can punch holes on my team.

Landorus can be a pain. Jolly Landorus can U turn on Deo and finish it off afterwards while being able to threaten Zard and Tran. I can rely on Zapdos, Shuca Tran and Zygarde to deal with it usually but regardless it can be a pain in the right hands.

Importable
I'm a Ruin (Tapu Lele) @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Taunt

Blue (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Detect

Better Than That (Zygarde) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect

Happy (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 140 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Forget (Heatran) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 160 SpA / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Immortal (Zapdos) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Static
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Proof of peaks
two alts in top 2 old ladder
http://imgur.com/a/F571r
alt at no1 new ladder
http://imgur.com/a/49qYr
proof of alts
http://imgur.com/a/264BA
http://imgur.com/a/6FtDd

Conclusion

In general I'm happy with this team and how it has preformed. It can hold its own against pretty much every archetype and I really enjoy using it. Zygarde is a great wincon that is really difficult to stop and Deo Lele Zard is a amazing offensive core. It could still be a work in process but I still like how it plays. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you have as much fun with this squad as I have.

Last edited:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cool team, Matame - congrats on ur peaks!

From my experience of playing with my Lele + Sun team, TR was a powerful tool to always have the Speed advantage. The opponent is about to set Tailwind or has a Rain team? Set up Trick Room. Opponent has full TR? Revert the dimensions back to normal with TR. Psychic Seed Hoopa-U or Jirachi > Heatran is what I would suggest. Both combats Psychic spam relatively well in place of Heatran. If you find opposing Heatran to be annoying, try HP Ground on Charizard Y over SolarBeam or Overheat. Either of these mons would help with your TR and Rain match ups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)