Follow Me Passed Umbreon's House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with any types of consistency and protection suggestions are welcome to do as such, suggest away.

I've done a little bit of testing lately with Umbreon as the receiver of a Baton Pass full of all sorts of goodies and chocolate. The real trick in Doubles with Baton Pass is for sure Follow Me.

THE POKEMON AND GROUPS

Follow Me: Togekiss & Clefable
Baton Pass: Smeargle, Gorebyss
Other: Greninja/Mew/Scissor
Receiver: Umbreon

The goal is very simple. Togekiss & Clefable will use Follow Me while you use Smeargle to Spore one of the opponent's Pokemon, maybe one with earthquake or surf, or some other type of threat splash. Then, you will use Ingrain/Amnesia with Smeargle. Afterwards, you can Baton Pass Smeargle into Gorebyss to get off an Aqua Ring. You can then Baton Pass into Scissor to get off an Iron Defense / Swords Dance or both. When you finish, you should be able to Baton Pass your Ingrained, Aqua Ringed +2 (or more) SDEF, +2 (or more) DEF, +2 (or more) ATK Umbreon strait onto the field.

What should Umbreon's move set be? Simple. Wish, Toxic, Faint attack (because it doesn't miss and is physical) and Heal Bell (to deal with Poison/Toxic and and Burn.

Greninja is there in case you need that 1 last turn for setup, since Greninja DOES have Mat Block, it DOES come quite in handy.

After your setup, you have an Umbreon who heals 3 times per end of each turn, can Wish Heal..... can remove status problems, has a bunch of boosted defenses and possibly physical offenses with a move that never misses and also can Toxic Wall an entire team into victory. Just give it Inner Focus and be on your way.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
sorry for not responding to this thread when i locked it, but this simply isn't viable. It's far too easy to get disrupted during setup and is a gimmick. good luck in your future doubles teams, and if you ever want help feel free to ask the Q&A thread and the mentorship program, or sign up for battling 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)