Fly's Art Thread

Should I post sketch dumps on here?

• Total voters

When in doubt I usually do either pokemon or vocaloid fanart
so why not do both at once amiright

I've already drawn them with pokemon (here if you're curious), so I thought I'd just do pokemon versions of the characters instead. It took me a while to pick pokemon honestly |D Kudos to anyone who can figure out who everyone is! I was going to do a less exciting scene but I decided to do something that stood alone vs just something to display designs.​

Some good kitties!!
I've been having fun drawing the purrloin in my comic so I thought I'd draw him as a baby with his siblings and mom vov

Have some bonus pokemon headcanon stuff too >o>​
> Purrloin get gradually darker as they grow, and there's a noticeable shift when they evolve
> Their white/yellow markings tend to be pretty consistent, except for around their shoulders and back, which fades when they evolve
> Domestic purrloin tend to be sleeker coated and less scruffy than their wild counterparts, and also a little smaller

Which one is your favourite?​

Wanted to do another one of these! Only sort of semi-realistic because I'm lazy and realism is hard, especially without refs. This was just something fun to work on between comic pages.

Had a lot of fun with this! Lilligant was really hard to figure out, but I didn't want to just do a plant so I ended up going in a mammalian direction instead. I think I like how she came out in the end.

Some pokemon fun-facts:

> Lilligants' fur is actually entirely white - however, their saliva promotes moss and algae growth, so areas that are groomed frequently end up turning greenish
> Their flowers start out as seeds that simply grow in their fur, however, as they age the roots spread into their skin and eventually hook into their nervous systems via their spinal cords. The leaves are very sensitive and cutting the leaves of an adult lilligant is rather painful for them.

> Gross squishy red stuff on gurdurr are blood-vessel rich fat deposits
> They do have ears - they're under the lowest pair of head bulb things
> Many wild conkeldurr come from gurdurr that were abandoned when they stopped being tiny cute timburr (RIP)

> Cat is a cat idk what you want from me on this one, lol
> The design was inspired mostly by oriental kittens - those damn things might as well be pokemon already with their anatomy

--
The first one is here: boop

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
These are some really ambitious pieces of art you have in your thread. I like how you have the patience and consistency to put together all those scenes and line-ups with multiple characters, especially with such love for detail.

Your style is somewhat unconventional, but it definitely has certain charm and works in your favor, especially when it comes to the expressions and interactions of the characters. In combination with the effective use of colors it gives your artworks a certain liveliness that immediately draws the viewers attention.
One of the highlights for me is also the background work, be it the blurred out scenery in the Lapras art that conveys feeling of depth or the dark background textures in the most recent artwork that binds the elements together in a visually appealing way.

I don't have much to suggest other than to keep up the good work. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this art in future. ^^

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
A lot of people have spoken my thoughts already, but holy crap, the fact that you can switch between styles and still keep up the jaw dropping quality and expression in each piece is amazing. I'm seriously inspired by your artwork, keep it up!! :psyglad:

I haven't been doing a lot of pokemon stuff recently (save for comic) because uh.. whoops I fell into Dungeons and Dragons
Guess I die here

Here's a bunch of stuff!

I think its pretty obvious which one is mine

--
I always feel like I should just post pokemon stuff here but like.. eh I feel like people probably like variety anyway!

More DnD art! It's most of what I've been doing other than comic tbh; hopefully people like looking at it.

Also, here's an illustration with a written piece. TW for emotional abuse if anyone is sensitive

A little snippet from Inxori's past - she's probably like 8-9 here, and this is an old (but not forgotten) memory now. TW for very shitty parenting.
---
Ori sat shirtless at the end of her mother’s bed, staring at the ground, watching the shadows of the walnut tree that grew by the window flicker across the dull pink carpet and fidgeting silently with her fingers. The tough skin of her back was bruised deep purple around her spine and shoulder blades, and a deep cut ran from her left shoulder down to the middle of her back. She winced as her mother pressed an iodine soaked rag against the cut, slowly drawing it along the length of the wound before brushing away the bits of gravel she’d pulled loose. Her hands were pale against her daughter’s crimson skin, and slightly pruned from her work. She absently blew a tuft of wispy blonde hair from her face and chewed her lip, then leaned to the side table to grab the iodine bottle and re-soak the rag.
“...Why?” Ori said quietly, not lifting her gaze.
“Why what,” her mother said curtly, hardly with question. She pressed the rag to Ori’s back again, and she flinched.
“Why do you do this...?” She hesitated, digging a thumb into her palm. The tip of her tail twitched. “...Patch me up. When you don’t care.” There was tenseness, as though she feared the answer.
Her mother momentarily paused in her cleaning, resting her closed hand against her daughter’s back.
“I’ve sinned enough,” she said quietly, resuming her task. “In the eyes of God, it’s…” She trailed off, pausing again. She clenched her jaw and pressed the rag firmly into the wound, harder than needed, making Ori jolt. “It’s worse to kill a child than raise a monster”. Her voice was level, empty.
Ori said nothing, but felt the heat in her face as tears pricked her eyes. She steeled herself, letting them slide down her cheeks, but refusing to make a sound.
---

More dnd dooooooddddlllless
(downloads are on bc it might be easier to see! this is very large)

Here we have:

Top Left:
Us harassing the poor information lady by just buying popcorn (which was her front) and being stupid in general. Cronen was trying to be cool but uh yeah nat one, he ate shit and just... stayed down. He was having a bad day. Pep-Pep was the only person on our party who she was willing to talk to because everyone else just irked her.

Directly Below: We went sailing. Nobody had fun. (Not pictured: Ori throwing up and crying because seasickness its been two days wheres land)

Middle top right: Did dog versions of our characters because I like doing stuff like that! Very happy with how they came out.

Right side (comic): Sketchy stupid thing of my idiot kids. They love each other; this is how you express love, right?

Middle (spooky Cronen): Hi yeah he actually is capable of being scary! Only a little though.

Bottom right (not comic): The running joke of our campaign is that our ranger's wolf is just a dog. He's a good boy. Darth may have gotten WAY too attached to this thing very quickly.

Bottom middle: Most recent nonsense. Half our party has decided that entering a gladiatorial death fight is a good idea, and the other half doesn't want to die but we're gonna be supportive and watch from the stands! Cronen tried flirting with one of the nobles, rolled a nat 20, and well yeah it just spiralled from there really. He quickly went from being confident to very flustered and panicked when he realized he didn't know what to do next. (I'll probably post more about this later, lol. Its still in progress)

Also that bear headshot it Ori. Any animal that isn't Wolf or Clay is probably Ori.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)