Flavourmons: what if you took the flavor text literally? (no OHKO or Auto-Win effects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Thought I'd contribute to this 'cause this seems fun

Exploud:
Ruby: Exploud triggers earthquakes with the tremors it creates by bellowing. If this Pokémon violently inhales from the ports on its body, it's a sign that it is preparing to let loose a huge bellow.

Boomburst, Hyper Voice and any other sound move is turned to Ground type when used by Exploud. Boomburst acts like Solar Beam and Sky Attack by taking one turn to charge then attacking.

Meganium:
Gold: The aroma that rises from its petals contains a substance that calms aggressive feelings.

Meganium gets Unaware and only Unaware as an ability.

Chesnaught:
X: Its Tackle is forceful enough to flip a 50-ton tank. It shields its allies from danger with its own body

Chesnaught's tackle has power 150.

Exploud:
Ruby: Exploud triggers earthquakes with the tremors it creates by bellowing. If this Pokémon violently inhales from the ports on its body, it's a sign that it is preparing to let loose a huge bellow.

Boomburst, Hyper Voice and any other sound move is turned to Ground type when used by Exploud. Boomburst acts like Solar Beam and Sky Attack by taking one turn to charge then attacking.
That is much more of a nerf, actually, then a buff. It takes away Exploud's one niche, spamming high power STAB Boombursts, which it could no longer do if they were ground. Aside from now allowing a type to switch on unscathed (flying), the two turn charge up is such a blow to the move that it would drop to the depths of never being used, remembered only as a fleeting fad from its glory days.

Meganium:
Gold: The aroma that rises from its petals contains a substance that calms aggressive feelings.

I don't think straight up replacing all of a mon's abilities is the best idea, especially for a trivial one like Unaware.

Chesnaught:
X: Its Tackle is forceful enough to flip a 50-ton tank. It shields its allies from danger with its own body

This doesn't really make sense to me, and is harder to code then something like giving it reckless, which would also fit albeit less useful since Chesnaught needs Bulletproof.
Comments in italics.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Sorry for double post, but wouldn't it be like Duskmod and NEXT in that case? They were all made and still are.
Yeah, but going through all 15+ pages of this thread and picking out the good/bad ideas, working on bans, typing, moves, and doing all of the rest of the pokemon that weren't mentioned...

I love this idea. What about Milotic? I quote the FireRed/LeafGreen Pokedex entry:Milotic is breathtakingly beautiful. Those that see it are said to forget their combative spirits.

Maybe if milotic switches into a multi turn move(outrage/petal dance/rollout/ice ball), the opponent becomes confused(because it wants to fight but can't because it sees milotic).

Another thought could be reuniclus. Its White Pokedex entry:These remarkably intelligent Pokémon fight by controlling arms that can grip with rock-crushing power. Reuniclus should be able to OHKO rock types, get the moves hammer arm and nasty plot, and the ability iron fist.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I love this idea. What about Milotic? I quote the FireRed/LeafGreen Pokedex entry:Milotic is breathtakingly beautiful. Those that see it are said to forget their combative spirits.

Maybe if milotic switches into a multi turn move(outrage/petal dance/rollout/ice ball), the opponent becomes confused(because it wants to fight but can't because it sees milotic).
This doesnt sound to bad.
Another thought could be reuniclus. Its White Pokedex entry:These remarkably intelligent Pokémon fight by controlling arms that can grip with rock-crushing power. Reuniclus should be able to OHKO rock types, get the moves hammer arm and nasty plot, and the ability iron fist.
No to the OHKOing rock types, the rest doesnt make sense. Maybe it should get crush grip instead
Comments in bold

Typhlosion should get 100% flame body. Its Gold dex entry says: If its rage peaks, it becomes so hot that anything that touches it will instantly go up in flames.

Huntail:It lives deep in the sea where no light ever filters down. It lights up its small fishlike tail to attract prey.
Should get Tail Glow
Huntail's presence went unnoticed by people for a long time because it lives at extreme depths in the sea. This Pokémon's eyes can see clearly even in the murky dark depths of the ocean.
All moves used have 100% accuracy in rain.

Gliscor (B2/W2) - It dances silently through the sky. When it approaches prey, it can land a critical hit in an instant.
Gliscor always crits on the first move.

Probopass (HG/SS) - It controls three units called Mini-Noses using magnetic force. With them, it can attack the foe from three directions.
Probopass has Parental Bond.

Arbok (R/S) - This Pokémon is terrifically strong in order to constrict things with its body. It can even flatten steel oil drums. Once Arbok wraps its body around its foe, escaping its crunching embrace is impossible.
Arbok has gen 1 wrap that lasts forever.

Golbat (Y) - Once it starts sucking blood, it does not stop until it is full. It flies at night in search of prey.
Golbat's leech life attacks repeatedly until it is full hp.

Last edited:
Gliscor (B2/W2) - It dances silently through the sky. When it approaches prey, it can land a critical hit in an instant.
Gliscor always crits on the first move. Probably not broken because most Gliscor are privy to protect on their first turn in. If it's every time they switch in, that's really broken.

Probopass (HG/SS) - It controls three units called Mini-Noses using magnetic force. With them, it can attack the foe from three directions.
Probopass has Parental Bond. Off of 55 attack and 75 special attack? Yeah, that's probably ok. Someone back me up here.

Arbok (R/S) - This Pokémon is terrifically strong in order to constrict things with its body. It can even flatten steel oil drums. Once Arbok wraps its body around its foe, escaping its crunching embrace is impossible.
Arbok has gen 1 wrap that lasts forever. ...no.

Golbat (Y) - Once it starts sucking blood, it does not stop until it is full. It flies at night in search of prey.
Golbat's leech life attacks repeatedly until it is full hp. ....no.
Comments in bold.

Watchog: (B/Y): When they see an enemy, their tails stand high, and they spit the seeds of berries stored in their cheek pouches.
Uses Bullet Seed when an enemy switches in.

Bibarel (Pearl): While its movements out of water are sluggish, it can swim as fast as any Feebas.
He has 80 base speed in rain. Only 40 outside of it. (more of a nerf)

Azumarill
Its long ears are superb sensors. It can distinguish the movements of living things on riverbeds.
It can attack opponents using dive.
The bubble-like pattern on its stomach helps it camouflage itself when it's in the water.
Dive is unavoidable when used.
Butterfree
Its wings, covered with poisonous powders, repel water. This allows it to fly in the rain
In rain, it is immune to hurricane, air slash, gust, and other moves like this.
Lucario
A well-trained one can sense auras to identify and take in the feelings of creatures over half a mile away.
You can see your opposing pokemon's moveset.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Watchog: (B/Y): When they see an enemy, their tails stand high, and they spit the seeds of berries stored in their cheek pouches.
Uses Bullet Seed when an enemy switches in.
Thats kinda OP if you ask me
Bibarel (Pearl): While its movements out of water are sluggish, it can swim as fast as any Feebas.
He has 80 base speed in rain. Only 40 outside of it. (more of a nerf)
That doesnt sound to bad
Comments in Ilatics

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Azumarill
Its long ears are superb sensors. It can distinguish the movements of living things on riverbeds.
It can attack opponents using dive.
Not bad, espically since dive is a waste of a moveslot anyways
The bubble-like pattern on its stomach helps it camouflage itself when it's in the water.
Dive is unavoidable when used.
Same as before
Butterfree
Its wings, covered with poisonous powders, repel water. This allows it to fly in the rain
In rain, it is immune to hurricane, air slash, gust, and other moves like this.
I assume you mean flying type moves in general, in that case I dont see a problem.
Lucario
A well-trained one can sense auras to identify and take in the feelings of creatures over half a mile away.
You can see your opposing pokemon's moveset.
No, God No
Comments in bold

Okay, all of this is just fine until you realize no one is actually looking at the topic and compiling all these results. Creating all these entries is a completely futile operation. Not only has it not yet been decided which Pokédex flavor text is used for each Pokémon 16 pages into the topic, suggestions are getting progressively more ridiculous. Any attempt by a member to regulate the discussion and get things going in an orderly way has failed. You can keep making entries, but in the end there's still going to be a debate about each Pokémon and hundreds more "flavormons" that still need to be made. And even then, who's going to program a meta that modifies every single Pokémon in the game, with every modification being of a different magnitude and purpose?

Someone needs to come in and fix this before people continue mindlessly posting entries. The concept is really great, but the execution has been a bit of a failure.

Exploud:

Boomburst, Hyper Voice and any other sound move is turned to Ground type when used by Exploud. Boomburst acts like Solar Beam and Sky Attack by taking one turn to charge then attacking. Sound moves should add ground type to normal, like flying press is two type.

Meganium:

Chesnaught:

comments in italics

No offense but don't talk about coding when you don't know how to. Coding 150 base power tackle is pretty actually pretty easy ^_^:
Code:
    tackle: {
        inherit: true,
        onBasePower: function(power, user) {
            if (user.template.id === 'chesnaught') return power * 30;
        }
    },
Why must you mock me for something I don't even remember saying when I was no doubt low on sleep?

comments in italics
What, if anything, did you comment by saying? It looks exactly the same as if you hadn't.

Hey Gold to make this easier to implement may I suggest omitting nfe's.
I would say I would omit it but I am not in charge of this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)