Flavourmons: what if you took the flavor text literally? (no OHKO or Auto-Win effects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suicune
Pokemon Silver:
"This Pokémon races across the land. It is said that north winds will somehow blow whenever it appears."
When Suicune switches in, it will automatically use Icy Wind

Pokemon Gold:
"Said to be the reincarnation of north winds, it can instantly purify filthy, murky water."
Suicune is immune to Poison and when it switches in, all Poisoned Water types on it's team will be cured. Suicune is immune to the move Muddy Water.

Pokemon Emerald: "Suicune embodies the compassion of a pure spring of water. It runs across the land with gliding elegance. It has the power to purify dirty water."
Serene Grace?

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Crawdaunt molts (sheds) its shell regularly. Immediately after molting, its shell is soft and tender. Until the shell hardens, this Pokémon hides in its streambed burrow to avoid attack from its foes.

This shows that crawdaunt should have weak armor, as it is frail when losing its she'll and weak armor lowers defense

Suicune
Pokemon Silver:
"This Pokémon races across the land. It is said that north winds will somehow blow whenever it appears."
When Suicune switches in, it will automatically use Icy Wind
IMO not really an entry you can really take effects from.

Pokemon Gold:
"Said to be the reincarnation of north winds, it can instantly purify filthy, murky water."
Suicune is immune to Poison and when it switches in, all Poisoned Water types on it's team will be cured. Suicune is immune to the move Muddy Water.
Incredibly niche Aromatherapy/Heal Bell that blocks an incredibly poor attack as well. Provides two effects from one entry, which I'm not too fond of, but nothing too bad otherwise.

Pokemon Emerald: "Suicune embodies the compassion of a pure spring of water. It runs across the land with gliding elegance. It has the power to purify dirty water."
Serene Grace?
Suicune gets Natural Cure, at least to me, would fit the text better.
Comments in bold. Noticing wrong with multiple ideas, but I think people should stick to one effect.

Articuno, DPPtBWB2W2X: A legendary bird Pokémon. It can create blizzards by freezing moisture in the air.
// Articuno never misses when using Blizzard
Suicune, GLGHGY: Said to be the embodiment of north winds, it can instantly purify filthy, murky water.
// Immune/resistant to poison? Also get more Flying-type moves related to wind.
Xerneas, X: Legends say it can share eternal life. It slept for a thousand years in the form of a tree before its revival.
// Focus Sash effect to its allies (but not Xerneas itself) while in battle? Only usable in Doubles or Triples, but still there.

How, how is this thread still alive...
It'll need a massive restructure to even work as a metagame because look at the amount of posts ._.

iirc one of Arceus' flavor text mentions that Arceus has 100 hands. Does that mean that its attacks hit 100 times?
No...

That is the kind of entry you don't try to make into an effect. Just because it runs off flavor doesn't mean you can make everything ridiculously op.

Unless each hit had 1/100th of the move's BAP, but even then...

No...

That is the kind of entry you don't try to make into an effect. Just because it runs off flavor doesn't mean you can make everything ridiculously op.

Unless each hit had 1/100th of the move's BAP, but even then...
100 BP PuP FTW(would boost you to +6 every time too)

using shedinja in battle should force-forfeit unless one of your pokes is carrying Black Glasses, because that crack on it's back.

using shedinja in battle should force-forfeit unless one of your pokes is carrying Black Glasses, because that crack on it's back.
I'm sorry, but did you even read the thread title? "Force-fainting" a Pokemon is nowhere near balanced, and although it seems no one gives a damn, you can't just say whatever the hell you want for any Pokemon, after searching to find one with the most ridiculous entry > effect you can.

I'm sorry, but did you even read the thread title? "Force-fainting" a Pokemon is nowhere near balanced, and although it seems no one gives a damn, you can't just say whatever the hell you want for any Pokemon, after searching to find one with the most ridiculous entry > effect you can.
where did you see fainting? I just said that you'd automatically lose. I just want to punish users of Shed.

where did you see fainting? I just said that you'd automatically lose. I just want to punish users of Shed.
Alright, looks like I misread that on two counts. I read that as "force faint" rather then "force forfeit", the latter which is even worse. Secondly, I assumed it meant it would faint your opponent's Pokemon, not completely and utterly stonewall you out of using a Pokemon, which is ridiculous, as you should be able to use whatever you want without being punished for it.

Alright, looks like I misread that on two counts. I read that as "force faint" rather then "force forfeit", the latter which is even worse. Secondly, I assumed it meant it would faint your opponent's Pokemon, not completely and utterly stonewall you out of using a Pokemon, which is ridiculous, as you should be able to use whatever you want without being punished for it.
ok...
On another Ghost-Nerf (kinda) note:
Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.
I say ban for humanity's sake.

Sableye from Omega ruby pokedex

"Sableye lead quiet lives deep inside caverns. They are feared, however, because these Pokémon are thought to steal the spirits of people when their eyes burn with a sinister glow in the darkness."
so that means when sableye is in play pokemon have a high chance of flinching. not sure what to do about the eye-glow thing

Last edited:
Sableye from Omega ruby pokedex

"Sableye lead quiet lives deep inside caverns. They are feared, however, because these Pokémon are thought to steal the spirits of people when their eyes burn with a sinister glow in the darkness."
so that means when sableye is in play pokemon have a high chance of flinching. not sure what to do about the eye-glow thing
Clearly needs Illuminate

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Xerneas:

Pokemon X: Legends say it can share eternal life. It slept for a thousand years in the form of a tree before its revival.

Xerneas learns Wish, and when it is asleep it becomes part Grass type

Drowzee: "It remembers every dream it eats. It rarely eats the dreams of adults because children's are much tastier."
Dream Eater's BP doubles against NFE Pokemon.

Larvitar: "It feeds on soil. After it has eaten a large mountain, it will fall asleep so it can grow."
Flash Fire for Ground-Type Moves.

Drowzee: "It remembers every dream it eats. It rarely eats the dreams of adults because children's are much tastier."
Dream Eater's BP doubles against NFE Pokemon.

Larvitar: "It feeds on soil. After it has eaten a large mountain, it will fall asleep so it can grow."
Flash Fire for Ground-Type Moves.
Larvitar also falls asleep after being hit with a ground type move....

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm locking this thread. It's run its course. Eevee or TI, if you disagree feel free to open it again, but this keeps getting bumped (with pretty useless things) and chaos doesn't really do anything with this anymore. If anyone has a good idea to revamp this, you can submit it in OM Submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)