Battle Spot First competitive Singles Team Mega Lucario

Accidently deleted it so fixed as much as I willing to do. Will completely finish it tomorrow. Sorry if it looks Ugly.

Beerus (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave

Went a special set since there's a lot of physical walls in the tier. Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon for stab. Vacuum Wave for priority since Priority is so good. Nasty Ploty to help sweep. Inner Focus to help get a cheap kill on Fake out users like Weavile and Mega Kangaskhan.

Hungry Hungry (Hippowdon) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Slack Off
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Hippowdon checks talonflame, and gets up rocks. Yawn to helpDragonite and Lucario sweep. Earthquake for stab, and Rocky helmet to punish Physical attackers.

Quetzal (Dragonite) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Dragonite, Hippowdon and Lucario form a great core. Dragon Dance to get powered up. Outrage for Outrageous amount of damage (yeah I know an amazing pun), Extreme Speed cause this move is kinda broken, and Earthquake for steel types.

Major Key (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Klefki cause checks a lot of pokemon like greninja, Mega Kangaskhan (cause I luck is always on my side) and amoongus. Helps Lucario and Dragonite sweep.

Splatoon (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Magic Coat
- Taunt

Now for those who don't follow Ou this may seem weird, but this is a suicide lead Azelf. Max Defense to live Fake Out plus Return with 1 HP if max roles on both attacks. Max Speed to out-speed or Speed tie with as many as Pokemon as possible. Magic Coat to prevent faster, or prankster Pokemon from taunting me or getting up their own hazards. Explosion to GTFO after getting of rocks and this also blocks rapid spin and defog.

Tweety (Zapdos) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Toxic

I felt my team was weak to Talonflame and Mega Lucario, so I added Zapdos. Sitrus Berry cause Hippowdon has Rocky Helmet, and Klefki has Lefties. Toxic over HP ice to help against stall. Roost for reliable recovery, Thunderbolt for stab and Heat Wave for Ferro and Scizor.

Pastebin of the Team:
http://pastebin.com/upy8mcxv

Last edited:
Hello, even if this is not yet completed i'll still try to give you a little help based on the mons you are using.

You already have a solid core, the well known hippo/luke/dnite that works pretty well, so there is not much to add there. On the other half of the team i feel like you can still improve things:

First of all, sorry if it sounds a bit rude but this format is not OU: suicide leads usually don't work, since it's 3vs3 not 6vs6, so every mon needs to play a deeper role. (don't mind my crap english, i hope you get what i'm trying to say).
Azelf is a fine mon, it has a great speed tier and good tools such as rocks and a fantastic offensive movepool, but you already have one of the strongest leads in the meta in Hippowdon, so it's sort of redundant.
Anyway if for some reasons you don't want to give up on Azelf, well, I recommend to use this set:

Azelf @ Focus Sash / Expert Belt / Jaboca Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

This set works pretty fine as a lead. Stealth Rock is not as crucial as it is in OU, but it's still pretty strong even in the Bss metagame, removing sashes and dealing good damage to threats such as Mega Mence. Since Rapid Spin and Defog are really rare moves in this meta you don't need Explosion, instead those three attacks give Azelf a pretty good coverage, especially versus common leads such as Gengar or Mamoswine, so it can deal some pretty decent damage before fainting (even scoring KOs). Focus sash is a classic item on a lead; Belt would be to ensure KOs; Jaboca berry is pretty useful in certain situations, removing sashes to opposite leads while setting rocks (i would use this item tbf).

Second point, Klefki is a great supporter but i don't see it fitting your team to be fair, since its typing is the same as your mega. A good add for a Lucario team could be Greninja, that checks some of the typical mons that threaten your mega, such as Mence or Garchomp (and that helps vs Cresselia, Zapdos and bulky variants of Heatran). If you feel that you really need the speed control that Klefki granted your team you could consider running Thunder Wave on Zapdos, even tho Toxic is pretty good on it.

Third point, the mons in your team work pretty well even with other megas. For example the Hippo/Dnite core works even with Mega Scizor; Hippowdon and Greninja are great partners for Mega Charizard (both x and y), so, since in battle spot singles many teams likes to run two megas, to have more tools or just to play the guessing game when choosing the 3 out of 6, it could be a good idea to run another mega. Maybe over Azelf?

This are two samples:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ground
- Overheat / Hidden Power Ice / Ancient Power

> both mons are better than Lucario vs faries and don't take supereff. damage vs ground (char is even immune) or vs fighting. Scizor works a little more vs chomp, while chardy can take out Mega Slowbro, Suicune, opposite Mega Lucario and similar threats.

Last thing, if you have problems vs Talonflame and Lucario a good idea could be to replace Sitrus Berry with Rocky Helmet on Zapdos (putting Sitrus on Hippo), since it already has a way to recover HP.

Hope this will help

Last edited:
Hello, even if this is not yet completed i'll still try to give you a little help based on the mons you are using.

You already have a solid core, the well known hippo/luke/dnite that works pretty well, so there is not much to add there. On the other half of the team i feel like you can still improve things:

First of all, sorry if it sounds a bit rude but this format is not OU: suicide leads usually don't work, since it's 3vs3 not 6vs6, so every mon needs to play a deeper role. (don't mind my crap english, i hope you get what i'm trying to say).
Azelf is a fine mon, it has a great speed tier and good tools such as rocks and a fantastic offensive movepool, but you already have one of the strongest leads in the meta in Hippowdon, so it's sort of redundant.
Anyway if for some reasons you don't want to give up on Azelf, well, I recommend to use this set:

Azelf @ Focus Sash / Expert Belt / Jaboca Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

This set works pretty fine as a lead. Stealth Rock is not as crucial as it is in OU, but it's still pretty strong even in the Bss metagame, removing sashes and dealing good damage to threats such as Mega Mence. Since Rapid Spin and Defog are really rare moves in this meta you don't need Explosion, instead those three attacks give Azelf a pretty good coverage, especially versus common leads such as Gengar or Mamoswine, so it can deal some pretty decent damage before fainting (even scoring KOs). Focus sash is a classic item on a lead; Belt would be to ensure KOs; Jaboca berry is pretty useful in certain situations, removing sashes to opposite leads while setting rocks (i would use this item tbf).

Second point, Klefki is a great supporter but i don't see it fitting your team to be fair, since its typing is the same as your mega. A good add for a Lucario team could be Greninja, that checks some of the typical mons that threaten your mega, such as Mence or Garchomp (and that helps vs Cresselia, Zapdos and bulky variants of Heatran). If you feel that you really need the speed control that Klefki granted your team you could consider running Thunder Wave on Zapdos, even tho Toxic is pretty good on it.

Third point, the mons in your team work pretty well even with other megas. For example the Hippo/Dnite core works even with Mega Scizor; Hippowdon and Greninja are great partners for Mega Charizard (both x and y), so, since in battle spot singles many teams likes to run two megas, to have more tools or just to play the guessing game when choosing the 3 out of 6, it could be a good idea to run another mega. Maybe over Azelf?

This are two samples:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ground
- Overheat / Hidden Power Ice / Ancient Power

> both mons are better than Lucario vs faries and don't take supereff. damage vs ground (char is even immune) or vs fighting. Scizor works a little more vs chomp, while chardy can take out Mega Slowbro, Suicune, opposite Mega Lucario and similar threats.

Last thing, if you have problems vs Talonflame and Lucario a good idea could be to replace Sitrus Berry with Rocky Helmet on Zapdos, since it already has a way to recover HP.

Hope this will help
I love the idea of greninja and zard Y. Might try scizor cause he's my 3rd favourite mon and having both on same team sounds amazing. But i would like have someone with taunt but I font want to waste it on a move slot on greninja. Any suggestions on good taunt users. Maybe like thunderous or whimsicott?
I want for those creative baton pass or minimize or swag play klefki. cause i'm still kinda low ladder.

you could replace Zapdos with a bulky Thundurus-i if you -really- want a taunt user and a way to beat tflame and lucario, but why would you want taunt? It's an useful move, but it's not that important in this metagame. If you want something to deal with set uppers i recommend Whirlwind on Hippo over Slack Off, since it doesn't care about accuracy and you can phaze out Minimize users. It might sound redundant with Yawn, but it's actually good with it: just stealth rock, Yawn and if the opponent mon stays in and goes asleep, whirlwind it out and start again with Yawn/Eq, if it doesn't just keep Yawning and spread Sr damage.

Last edited:
you could replace Zapdos with a bulky Thundurus-i if you -really- want a taunt user and a way to beat tflame and lucario, but why would you want taunt? It's an useful move, but it's not that important in this metagame. If you want sometime to deal with set uppers i recommend Whirlwind on Hippo over Slack Off, since it doesn't care about accuracy and you can phaze out Minimize users. It might sound redundant with Yawn, but it's actually good with it: just stealth rock, Yawn and if the opponent mon stays in and goes asleep, whirlwind it out and start again with Yawn/Eq, if it doesn't just keep Yawning and spread Sr damage.
True and how about roar on zapdos? good or bad?

Good suggestions, but I wanna add a few things.

Justified for pre mega ability on Lucario. Unless you feel like you have a very big Togekiss weakness, so you might sometimes stay non-mega for that. Except even there Steadfast would be better. Justified can be good since Lucario has a 4x dark resist and can switch in on TTar for ex. easy, and get +1 Atk. Duh, special XP So yeah, use Steadfast. Only place you'd stay non mega to block flinch is against Togekiss, mostly, so you can take the flinch and be faster the next turn(than scarf, fastr than others anyways,) instead of ohkoing right away and not getting that Spe boost.

Also 4HP>4SpD on Lucario, I'm good w/ the little changes xd

DNite usually runs Lum, and despite being predictable that's the better choice. Paralysis just stops it, and it also saves you from nasty burns and sleeps. WP can be good, except usually people know to wait until DNite is low health to hit it w/ a SE move, so that it won't get a possible boost. This means they'll break Multiscale with a neutral or ineffective move first then use an ice/dragon/etc. move on it for the likely kill.

I agree with Solerme Helmet Zap and Sitrus Hippo, but with Klefki gone Zap could also run Lefties and Hippo stays the same. Hippo doesn't care for Lefties much.

I don't like T-Wave on Zapdos that much. I'd try Discharge as the electric STAB instead. With Static too it often will paralye the physical mons, and the special ones there's still a chance. Zapdos is more geared towards fighting the contact move using mons, despite the lower Def than SpD. Hence why you see Helmet so much. Also I agree no Roar.

I'd look into Focus Blast for Lucario. 70 acc, but 110 power vs Aura Sphere's 80. AS always hits, but most of the Minimize users resist, so...also the power difference is even greater due to a high Spa stat and Adaptability. You should calc and see if any things that FB gets that AS doesn't are important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)