RMT First CAP RMT

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor

Hey guys, LucarioOfLegends here (call me Lol), with my first RMT for the CAP meta!

While I am inexperienced in the CAPs themselves, I have made multiple OU RMTs, so the transtion was a little easier. As this is my first in CAP, I want critique that will help me into using the CAPs more effectively. With all that, let's begin.

Roshambo (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
To begin, I always base my teams around a mega, and I wanted to get down to using Mega Scizor since it's a really cool Pokemon. He is really good at KOing a lot of mons due to Technician, and works with a lot of pokemon in the tier because of its resistance. The moves are pretty common but I'll explain them anyways. Swords Dance is a boosting move to turn him into an offensive powerhouse. Bullet Punch is my main STAB moves, and it both gets a Technician boost, and can be used for revenge killing because of its priority. U-Turn can be used to escape some tricky situations, and also has STAB. Superpower is a powerful coverage move that is used to hit mons that resist the previous two.

Jaws with Sand (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
I haven't had the pleasure of using one of these things before, so why not now? It excels at getting rocks in, and breaking through pesky mons and phasing setup sweepers. Stealth Rock is pretty self explanatory at this point, so no explanation needed. E-Quake is also very common and reliable in general, and is a great STAB move for Garchomp. Dragon Tail, while inaccurate, works as a great STAB move, as it helps remove possible threatening variables from the equation, and can abuse rocks on all but Magic Guard users and Syclant. Fire Blast is a coverage move that helps with Pokemon like Syclant, Ferrothorn, and other pokemon that could care less about the previous two moves.

Mero (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
This little mermaid (those who get the character referred to, kudos) is quite the little helper. Once I get a Tail Glow off, may God help them all. Tail Glow gets Manaphy's special attack to ludicrous levels with just a single boost and the havoc begins once its off. Scald is my main water STAB, and the burn chance is nice too, Ice Beam is to fight various Grass-types in the tier, and it also gets the occasional freeze. Energy Ball covers bulky water types and is especially effective against Mega Swampert.

Ferro-Cat (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

While I've used this many times before, it fights new foes here effectively in CAP. I decided to go with a more offensive set here, but I may change it in the future. All moves on here are your standard STAB moves, Fire Blast and Flash Cannon, and coverage moves Stone Edge and Earth Power. This is probably the one I want changed that most, and the quickest.

Fakelucha (Tomohawk) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Aura Sphere
- Earth Power
- Roost

As my first ever CAP, I think Tomohawk works well for my team. It is able to switch into Ground type attacks, and counter back with some strong offensive prowess. Hurricane is my best STAB move, doing a ton of damage even with its low accuracy. Aura Sphere is a weaker but more reliable STAB, and is better to use in certain situations. Earth Power is coverage against Fire type and Steel types who resist Aura Sphere. Roost, thanks to Prankster, is a brilliant coverage move that allows me to heal effectively.

Frozen Chaos (Syclant) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mountaineer
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Finally, I have the ice insect himself, Syclant. Acting as my revege killer, he is my main check to a lot of pokemon once I get him in safely. Ice Beam is his main STAB, with the added effect of sometimes freezing. Bug Buzz works as a seconday STAB option, since Ice Beam can be resisted by a lot of things. E-Quake is coverage, and helps deal with pesky Steel types. Superpower is a great move that hits anything that the others cant.

Rate fair and go nuts!

Hi, this looks pretty solid. Here are the main weaknesses that I see on paper:

- Manectric is probably very threatening to your team since it always carries HP Ice. It hits super effectively and outspeeds every Pokemon bar Heatran which can't take the Volt Switch spam. In a Volturn team, his Partner will give it many way to come in safely. Raikou is in a similar vein but he doesn't have Fire Move to OHKO Zor and is outspeed and KOing by Syclant. Thundurus, Rotom-Wash and Krilowatt are fearsome too but less fast and so less threatening (Watch out for the former which often runs T-Wawe though).

- Arghonaut can be very annoying, your only way to pass it is Tomohawk which can switch-in pretty easily, even Offensive, but Argho still walls the five others (Manaphy can't 2HKO and it will cure himself with Drain Punch and/or Recover, however it won't enjoy being burned).

- Lopunny don't like hurting Garchomp, but he's as fast as Manectric and so very threatening too. You can't switch safely on Keldeo, Kerfluffle or Mega-Medicham (the last can deal with Syclant with Fake Out/Bullet Punch).

- Tornadus-Therian is as fast as Syclant and hits you hard if he's LO. Opposing offensive Tomohawk can do massive damage to Syclant with Nature Power and to all of your Mons.

- Aurumoth QD with Hydro Pump or DD with Close Combat after a Boost can finish you if Zor, Chomp and Manaphy (the last can't really answer when he's unboosted anyway) have taken some damage before. Same with other Set-Up Sweeper like M-Gyarados.

Also, you must keep Zor and Chomp healthy against some Sweeper.

I don't have any change to give you right now. I hope that this post will help you though. Anyway, GG for trying to do a RMT, good luck with your team and in CAP (you can ask me and other players if you need some advice by the way)!

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, welcome to CAP :].

The team looks really solid and I might have to scoop it up!

A few suggestions:

- To retain offensive momentum Garchomp could be changed to max speed and max attack with Swords Dance/Earthquake/Dragon Claw/Stealth rock.

- Currently your team is lacking answers to powerful water types like Keldeo as well as hazard removal so you can always potentially go Latios > garchomp and put rocks on tomo. Latias is also an option to provide your wallbreakers with some cleric support.

- Kerfluffle fits nicely > syclant as it allows you to have a way of not losing too much momentum vs Stratagem and still allows you to pressure bulky teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)