First ADV OU Team

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Okay, gonna need some help. This is for an actual cart, and for two metagames: ADV OU, and Battle Frontier.

Here's what I have:

SnorlaXBOX (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/10/31/30
EVs: 118/68/136/0/176/20
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rest

SnorlaXBOX really rocks in the Battle Tower, even making a surprisingly good lead. In fact, he got me 105 straight wins (and counting!). He switches in on special hits, sponges them, and proceeds to set up.

Purty (Swampert) @ Leftovers (Brightpowder for Frontier)
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/30
EVs: 250/0/216/44/0/0
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Protect

Purty is my defensive pivot. He sponges physical attacks and threatens their users. I also use him to (A) kill bulky opponents with Toxic, or (B) Get opponents to Rest so SnorlaXBOX can come in and set up.

Shifu (Alakazam) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31/14/31/31/31/31
EVs: 6/0/0/252/0/252
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Thunderpunch

Shifu is either my lead or my secret weapon. I set up with Calm Mind if I think the opponent is going to status me, or I simply 1HKO them. Great at stopping Crobats in the frontier, and surprisingly good at putting pressure on the opponent.

Now, I'm also planning on using these three.

Picasso (Smeargle) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Jolly/Timid
IVs: 31/x/31/x/31/31
EVs: 96/0/120/0/40/252
- Spore
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass

Picasso will pass Belly Drums to Medicham, but I'm kinda confused on how to use him. Smogon says to "send out Smeargle against a slow threat and use Substitute". But wouldn't they just break my Substitute as soon as I put it up? Wouldn't Spore be better the first turn?

JackieCham (Medicham) @ Scope Lens (Lax Incense for Frontier)
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 6/252/0/0/0/252
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Picasso will pass Belly Drums to JackieCham. The attacking moves are for coverage, and Substitute over Focus Punch because (A) I have terrible prediction, and (B) for the emergencies where Picasso can't pass his sub.

Krayt (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers (Starf Berry for Frontier)
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Naughty
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 6/252/0/0/0/252
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Krayt is basically the finisher. By the time he's out, nothing will be left to stop him.

Please rate! I was thinking of replacing Smeargle and Medicham with Salamence and Metagross, but I like the ability to 1HKO everything in OU.
Also, any human opponents I play won't be users of Whirlwind or Roar, and even Calm Mind is a rarity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)