Fire Emblem Heroes, Fates, any version online battles? not a damage calculator!

Fire Emblem is a great series, with stats and rng similar to Pokemon. Of course the main difference is the strategy that comes with a grid, but the point of this post is to get more attention on the topic of competitive battling in Fire Emblem. In case you do not know about Fire Emblem as a series and are interested, here is a link to a wiki: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Wikia
Here is a link to gamepress, a site that focuses on Heroes specifically: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/
Heroes would be the simplest game to simulate, as it has no rng and works on a 6x8 grid. You make a team of 4 heroes, with 4 types similar to Pokemon, being red, blue, green, and colorless. Then there is magic and strength. There could be tiers like in Showdown, as some units have better base kits than others, it is a gacha game after all. All characters do hold their own though, so its not as extreme as Dunsparce versus a Greninja. Skills and weapons can be inherited, so there could be a mode with that as well.
One problem people might come across is stalling on each side. After all, if one person moves only if the other person moves first, there might be a problem. This can be stopped all together by some type of penalty system, or some tiles being unusable after some time. People who actually wanna play the game wouldn't stall like this anyways, only trolls. Some skills can be banned, such as defensive skills or skills that change attack priority.
You might be thinking that since there isn't a true PvP mode in Heroes, would it even work out okay? In Fire Emblem Fates, it was implemented and worked fine.
I think this is a great idea, if I knew anything about coding I would try it myself, but I don't ;-;. Please, take this into consideration as a community, these two games are somewhat similar and both affiliated with Nintendo. Let's tip the scales!

There already is a (dead) Fates thread
Gacha mobage are a despicable cancer and it's extremely generous to claim that Heroes has any gameplay past bleeding money to get jpegs

Advance Wars had excellent multiplayer including functional and active online simulators, but alas is dead because the tanks aren't anime imoutos you can fuck

Fire Emblem is a great series, with stats and rng similar to Pokemon. Of course the main difference is the strategy that comes with a grid, but the point of this post is to get more attention on the topic of competitive battling in Fire Emblem. In case you do not know about Fire Emblem as a series and are interested, here is a link to a wiki: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Wikia
Here is a link to gamepress, a site that focuses on Heroes specifically: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/
Heroes would be the simplest game to simulate, as it has no rng and works on a 6x8 grid. You make a team of 4 heroes, with 4 types similar to Pokemon, being red, blue, green, and colorless. Then there is magic and strength. There could be tiers like in Showdown, as some units have better base kits than others, it is a gacha game after all. All characters do hold their own though, so its not as extreme as Dunsparce versus a Greninja. Skills and weapons can be inherited, so there could be a mode with that as well.
One problem people might come across is stalling on each side. After all, if one person moves only if the other person moves first, there might be a problem. This can be stopped all together by some type of penalty system, or some tiles being unusable after some time. People who actually wanna play the game wouldn't stall like this anyways, only trolls. Some skills can be banned, such as defensive skills or skills that change attack priority.
You might be thinking that since there isn't a true PvP mode in Heroes, would it even work out okay? In Fire Emblem Fates, it was implemented and worked fine.
I think this is a great idea, if I knew anything about coding I would try it myself, but I don't ;-;. Please, take this into consideration as a community, these two games are somewhat similar and both affiliated with Nintendo. Let's tip the scales!
I always have been interested in FE as a meta, yet, it seems hard to implement. As you said, it becomes an stall war, which makes so:
A.- Someone moves first and is put at a great disadvantage
B.- The meta evolves into a OHKO and retreat meta... not that fun

A possible solution could be something like a Co op mode, or something like a vs mode (where the goal is something like defeating the most enemies)
I found a cool video on the topic a while back, if you are interested

I always have been interested in FE as a meta, yet, it seems hard to implement. As you said, it becomes an stall war, which makes so:
A.- Someone moves first and is put at a great disadvantage
B.- The meta evolves into a OHKO and retreat meta... not that fun

A possible solution could be something like a Co op mode, or something like a vs mode (where the goal is something like defeating the most enemies)
I found a cool video on the topic a while back, if you are interested
I like the idea of co-op. Heroes and main series games could implement it well. If i remember correctly, Awakening had it.
I understand the baiting and camping as stated in the videos, but I found a few ways around that.

Skills that focus on player phase defense, such as Sturdy Blow and Mirror Strike. I know you mentioned how attacking and running would be boring, but in Heroes you technically do that with Reposistion, a common Assist skill on almost every unit through inheritance. Hit and Run or Draw Back are also used, though mostly on Fliers as well.
Playing with people you know and are playing just for fun help this a bit. I recently played against a friend with a damage calculator, and it was pretty fun.
Defensive and resistant units such as Beruka, Halloween Sakura, Sigurd, 2.0 updated Seliph, Summer Leo, raven tome users, effective against weapons, owl tomes and Nidhogg, ploy units such as Arvis and Lute, etc. can allow other members to come in for kills, setting up a wall or a break in opponent formation.
Rules such as you must attack at least once per turn after the 1st players 2nd turn could prevent stalling, causing an automatic loss or penalty.
Dancers can make units move quickly across the battlefield.
Removal of obstacles in maps.

I appreciate your positive input, just spreading ideas around about friendly multiplayer is good, I've never coded before lol :)
Note that if you want to look up any of the things I have mentioned, I highly recommend gamepress, as mentioned above
Happy Summoning, tip those scales!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)