Festival Plaza

At this rate, we'll exceed 750k by the end of the mission haha... Now, on to my quest to finally get the Stamps then after n attempts... >_<

At this rate, we'll exceed 750k by the end of the mission haha... Now, on to my quest to finally get the Stamps then after n attempts... >_<
Let's say we get 250,000 in half a day, and we have 14 days to do this, we'll reach 7 million by the end of it.

Let's say we get 250,000 in half a day, and we have 14 days to do this, we'll reach 7 million by the end of it.
We'd need a HUGE dedicated squad trying to annihilate the Battle Tree then. Not sure how many people would be continuing to challenge the Tree after we get past say, 1 million? Sure hope future Missions are as easy as this :)

We'd need a HUGE dedicated squad trying to annihilate the Battle Tree then. Not sure how many people would be continuing to challenge the Tree after we get past say, 1 million? Sure hope future Missions are as easy as this :)
A lot of people. Battle Tree is what most people do post-game regardless of whether there's a global mission or not, and that's why we're so far ahead already. I mean, as of right now we're at 550.946 points LOL.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
A lot of people. Battle Tree is what most people do post-game regardless of whether there's a global mission or not, and that's why we're so far ahead already. I mean, as of right now we're at 550.946 points LOL.
So within a few hours we beat the goal, got the Heavy Ball, and all anyone else needs to do is earn at least 3 points to get the Rare Candies also.

While I do find these utter shattering of goals hilarious... at the same time I do feel I'm missing out on being a part of it.

I just hope they're not going to dramatically increase the difficulty of the next mission because the last two have been quite easy.

This was already poised to be the easiest mission yet because it was the first objective where you can earn more than 1 contributing point at a time (up to 7 BP per battle, plus bonuses for beating the Battle Legends).

And then they went and set a super low goal anyway. Maybe they'll be nice and keep adding stretch goals over the week.

I just hope they're not going to dramatically increase the difficulty of the next mission because the last two have been quite easy.
Really, these goals are fascinating because it feels like we get a look into what gamefreak thinks their systems are used more often.
Capture one hundred million pokemon? No problem! Everyone loves catching everything they see even a month after the game came out! -> oh
Capture island scans. We'll even give special codes so you can capture 2 more. It's a significant feature that will get a lot of use -> oh
GTS seems to get some use, we'll set two goals for it -> hey yeah!
Battle facilities are difficult, surely almost no one will do this. We'll set a low goal -> jesus

These things are probably kind of important for marketing research if nothing else.

Really, these goals are fascinating because it feels like we get a look into what gamefreak thinks their systems are used more often.
Capture one hundred million pokemon? No problem! Everyone loves catching everything they see even a month after the game came out! -> oh
Capture island scans. We'll even give special codes so you can capture 2 more. It's a significant feature that will get a lot of use -> oh
Battle facilities are difficult, surely almost no one will do this. We'll set a low goal -> jesus

These things are probably kind of important for marketing research if nothing else.
You would think that they have some idea of how many people will enter a competition, and then just be able to set a semi-reasonable goal where everyone has to contribute x amount per day (like 25 bp per person per day or something) but they really don't seem too accurate yet.

1.068 million BP after around 1.5 days. Can we get stretch goal #2 now with a Gold Bottle Cap or an unreleased Mega Stone as the reward or something? >_<

Anyway, does anyone know how to delete a VIP from the Plaza? I have a few that I'd like to remove...

1.068 million BP after around 1.5 days. Can we get stretch goal #2 now with a Gold Bottle Cap or an unreleased Mega Stone as the reward or something? >_<

Anyway, does anyone know how to delete a VIP from the Plaza? I have a few that I'd like to remove...
Check your NPC list (The button with three lines). You should have removal options in there.

Really interesting to think about. There's this thought that enters my head that we'll never see a super-fun postgame with longevity (loved stuff like the Emerald episode but that's more of a one-shot thing) because it's simply not profitable, or majority of people just don't play that far and ever see that content so they don't bother with it. But if these missions show them otherwise, maybe they'll see what us Pokemon fans really want in a post-game and create a super Frontier in their next game

Really interesting to think about. There's this thought that enters my head that we'll never see a super-fun postgame with longevity (loved stuff like the Emerald episode but that's more of a one-shot thing) because it's simply not profitable, or majority of people just don't play that far and ever see that content so they don't bother with it. But if these missions show them otherwise, maybe they'll see what us Pokemon fans really want in a post-game and create a super Frontier in their next game
Well, not necessarily a full frontier. But if we're being optimistic, it could mean some more battle options in general.

As some had already stated (in other threads as well), I also hope that this sheer domination through the global mission will be understood as a clear factor that this aspect of the game is targeted by many fans and would, as such, be worthy of receiving additional content.

I have my hopes set for a new platform that would be similar to the battle frontier, or simply the good old battle frontier in the first place, even if that might seem as aiming a bit too high. It is a wish that I hope the developers could push through to the actual realization.

What's the difference between the Battle Frontier and the Battle Maison/Tree? I skipped generations 2-5 so I don't have a clue.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
What's the difference between the Battle Frontier and the Battle Maison/Tree? I skipped generations 2-5 so I don't have a clue.
Reading Bulbapedia's article would get you a better idea: Gen III's and Gen IV's (the only two generations with a Battle Frontier).

To give a quick summary, the Battle Frontier is an extension of the Battle Tower. There's now multiple "Battle Facilities", Battle Tower just being one of them which does the basic Single & Double battles (and in later generations gets replaced with the Battle Subway (Gen V), Battle Maison (Gen VI), and now Battle Tree (VII)). Other Facilities have gimmicks to them, either how you progress through the Facility or effecting the battles. Here's a quick rundown of each Facility of their gimmick (skipping the Battle Tower since we all know that):

Gen III's Emerald was the first game to introduce the concept of the Battle Frontier and had 7 facilities:
Battle Palace: You don't command your Pokemon, instead your Pokemon chooses its own moves depending on its Nature. Some Natures are more aggressive, some more tactical, and if they get to half HP they switch what moves they use.
Battle Factory: Instead of using your Pokemon, you use rental Pokemon. As you battle through, you get to switch one rental Pokemon with each opponent you beat (though you only know the Pokemon species when trading so during battle you got to pay attention to what moves and Ability their Pokemon ma have had).
Battle Pyramid: This is a dungeon crawler, though you can't use your items. Instead your given a smaller item pack where you can store items you find (or a Pokemon who knows Pickup finds) in the Pyramid as you travel through and up it.
Battle Dome: It's a simple bracket tournament.
Battle Arena: You only get to use three moves. If both Pokemon are still standing after those three turns, your and your opponent's Pokemon are than judged how well they did in three categories: Mind (how well did they choose their offensive attacks), Skill (how well was their accuracy), and Body (how much HP they have left). The loser of this decision is than knocked out and goes to the next match until one of the trainer wins.
Battle Pike: You travel through a series of hallways, given vague hints whether there's a trainer, something good, something bad, or nothing down there.

Gen IV had their Battle Frontier in both Platinum and the Gen II Remakes, HeartGold & SoulSilver. They were both the exact same and only have 5 Facilities this time:
Battle Factory: Makes a return (but run by a different Frontier Brain, I'll explain later) and does the exact same thing as it did for the Gen III iteration. It's the only returning Battle Facility other than the Battle Tower.
Battle Arcade: Before each battle a 4x4 tile screen goes through a roulette cycle. Each tile would effect the battle in a certain way (good or bad) and may only effect the player, challenger, or both.
Battle Castle: Normal battles, but after each battle you get "Castle Points". Your Pokemon are not healed up after Battles, instead you must can use Castle Points to either heal your Pokemon, buy items, or a few other services to help you in your next battle.
Battle Hall: You can only enter with one Pokemon. Before battle you get to choose what type of Pokemon you want to battle next, but choose carefully as you're only picking one of the types of the Pokemon will have (the other type can be anything and will choose types either super effective, resistant, or immune to your Pokemon's type).

Finally each Facility is ran by a "Frontier Brain". After a long row of streaks you'll get to battle the Frontier Brain and if you win you get a Badge-like award to show you beat them:
Gen III gives you "Symbols" which look like a Badge though are more simple in design (just a plain circle with a symbol representing the Facility on it). It comes in two colors: Silver (first time beating the Frontier Brain) and Gold (second time after attaining a longer streak than before).
Gen IV gives you "Prints" which are rectangle photographs. It shows the Battle Facility in the Background with the Frontier Brain's and playable character's overworld sprite on either side of it. There's two versions: Black & White (first time beating the Frontier Brain) and Colored (second time after attaining a longer streak than before).

And as always you get Battle Points to spend on BP shops. There's also additional areas to visit in the Battle Frontier.

Wonderful post by Pikachu315111; I would just want to add that the Battle Dome in Pokemon Emerald was basically a tournament tree styled challenge, where you actually had an insight in all of the trainers and their Pokemon that were in the tournament.

After each turn, you could see who won and proceeded as well as see with which move they finished their last opponent. Furthermore, by checking the tree's participants on the start already, you could see that the AI had ordered them based on how 'potent' their Pokemon were (the AI judged that itself). Hence, for example, if the AI judged that your Pokemon were the most potent of all, you had a description of 'The best candidate to become a champ!' or something along those lines.

Besides that, there was also info of what kind of moves the candidates use and what their Pokemon are like stat-wise. It was all relatively weak info, but fun still, such as 'Uses powerful, low-PP moves' or 'specializes in Attack and HP' or something along the those lines.

Potentially the most important factor besides the oversight, however, was the fact that while you picked three Pokemon to use on the start, you actually only fought with two (singles). This encouraged you to scout the opponent out and see what kind of Pokemon they have before picking your two Pokemon to take them on in a 2v2 battle.

Excuse me, I had to expand on that since Battle Dome was my favorite Battle Frontier facility, followed by the Battle Arena.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Wonderful post by Pikachu315111; I would just want to add that the Battle Dome in Pokemon Emerald was basically a tournament tree styled challenge, where you actually had an insight in all of the trainers and their Pokemon that were in the tournament.

After each turn, you could see who won and proceeded as well as see with which move they finished their last opponent. Furthermore, by checking the tree's participants on the start already, you could see that the AI had ordered them based on how 'potent' their Pokemon were (the AI judged that itself). Hence, for example, if the AI judged that your Pokemon were the most potent of all, you had a description of 'The best candidate to become a champ!' or something along those lines.

Besides that, there was also info of what kind of moves the candidates use and what their Pokemon are like stat-wise. It was all relatively weak info, but fun still, such as 'Uses powerful, low-PP moves' or 'specializes in Attack and HP' or something along the those lines.

Potentially the most important factor besides the oversight, however, was the fact that while you picked three Pokemon to use on the start, you actually only fought with two (singles). This encouraged you to scout the opponent out and see what kind of Pokemon they have before picking your two Pokemon to take them on in a 2v2 battle.

Excuse me, I had to expand on that since Battle Dome was my favorite Battle Frontier facility, followed by the Battle Arena.
Yeah, I was thinking about talking a small bit about the strategies and exact workings but decided that would go against this being a quick summary. Plus this isn't the thread for it, I think the Little Things You Like About Pokemon would be the best thread to gush about the Battle Frontier, your favorite Facility, what cool Facilities they could do now, and COME ON GF JUST BRING THE BATTLE FRONTIER BACK!

tbh even if they see this goal as the facility having a big thing to it, i doubt we'll ever get a full battle frontier again. Obviously, an audience for it but I can't blame them for not wanting to put the time & money into a sprawling post-game full of nothing but facilities that require minmaxing to properly use. It's not hard to see why over the course of 4 generations the options for Battle _____ went from a sprawling miniopolis with 7 facilities, to a more compact area with 5, to the subway, to the subway with PWT, to a single facility and now to a single facility that lacks the rotation & triple options.

I could see a return of smaller things, though, like the PWT had. More themed options that probably wouldn't be as difficult or time consuming, but would still add a little variety. In addition to all the special gym leader and type scenarios, you could use Rental & Mix tournaments. The Pokemon Battle Royal is there, of course, but it's just sort of there off to the side and doesnt have any real variety to it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
tbh even if they see this goal as the facility having a big thing to it, i doubt we'll ever get a full battle frontier again. Obviously, an audience for it but I can't blame them for not wanting to put the time & money into a sprawling post-game full of nothing but facilities that require minmaxing to properly use. It's not hard to see why over the course of 4 generations the options for Battle _____ went from a sprawling miniopolis with 7 facilities, to a more compact area with 5, to the subway, to the subway with PWT, to a single facility and now to a single facility that lacks the rotation & triple options.

I could see a return of smaller things, though, like the PWT had. More themed options that probably wouldn't be as difficult or time consuming, but would still add a little variety. In addition to all the special gym leader and type scenarios, you could use Rental & Mix tournaments. The Pokemon Battle Royal is there, of course, but it's just sort of there off to the side and doesnt have any real variety to it.
Yeah, but then I'd argue why would they add any bonus content aside from the basic Battle Tower expy if that's the reason?

I think there's a compromise that can be made. As you said, there can have smaller things instead of a full blown Battle Frontier. Maybe instead of making new Facilities they could just expand the Battle Tower expy to include more battling styles (Inverse Battles, Rentals, Mix Tournament) and special trainers. As for adding new locations, maybe instead of a place for competitive players they can have another White Treehollow/Black Tower location (which would double as having a place to level up Pokemon post game) which all players can do.

Yeah, but then I'd argue why would they add any bonus content aside from the basic Battle Tower expy if that's the reason?
Because other bonus content probably gets used more. There's a difference between something like a battle facility and something like the looker post game or delta episode or or the west side of unova or the pokefinder. Those extend gameplay for everyone, lets you continue the story, gives little side areas to see and depending on the feature in particular makes it really easy to market.

Battle Frontier is a harder sell compared to "you can ride a rayquaza into space" or "its pokemon snap (but with a worse framerate)"

But whatever, whatever the next game is probably ocked in so it could be years before we see if they take this into any real consideration.

I wouldn't be surprised if they included a super post-game as DLC if their research suggests that it'll make them money... I'd be OK with it as long as they don't lock basic features of the game behind a pay wall (like making the base Battle Tree or specific Mega Stones paid DLC). A Battle Frontier is something that we're very unlikely to ever see otherwise

Hopefully, we won't ever see a Pokemon game where ALL post-game content is locked away behind DLC

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Last I checked, this mission's been utterly annihilated at roughly 11.2m now...is there some big number online that's being floated around as something people would like to reach now that the goal's been lapped like twenty times over?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)