Favorite foreign film? Why?

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
For my mind, I didnt really like Seven Samurai very much.. Behind Godfather I would call it the most overrated film I have ever seen. It was long and boring and not a lot else.

Sure, it is probably unfair to judge it by todays standards for a film, but the thing is it is today right now.. I wouldnt recommend actually watching it unless you are like a film student or something.

Also, something I am surprised hasnt been mentioned yet is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. That was an awesome movie.

Have a nice day.

City of God was excellent, I didn't want it to end.
Crouching Tiger was fantastic also and very pretty to look at.

I need to get round to watching "Downfall", anyone seen it?

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
i am a HUGE fan of pan's labyrinth, i just fell in love with it when i first saw it, and like aeolus said there's so much symbolism

I liked Pan's Labyrinth, but I was expecting something a bit better. It's one of those films that can be longer than they actually are. Maybe if they had developed the story a bit more instead of just doing those three missions, maybe I would have been more pleased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)