Fakemon Central (read the rules in the OP)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Ok guys, I know this is a fail.
I hated myself after drawing this, but I guess you know what I'm trying to draw.
fakemon.png

It looks fucking Chinese when it really shouldn't.
I was really aiming for a Japanese kimono with Japanese court hairdress. I even used lots of reference photos for it.

Basically, I strongly believe that Jynx's original design is based on BOTH the Yamanba yokai and the Yamanba fashion.
So I researched onto the designs of Yamauba (another name of the same yokai) in Noh dramas.
I thought it would be really cool if Jynx has a Mega that's very Japanese.

Originally, I was aiming at drawing wavy hair to keep the unkempt look of both the yokai and the fashion.
But I am still not too familiar with vector art , so I couldn't do it. (I have to use vector art from now on because my tablet is damaged and no longer gives good lines)

And then there's the "Chinese" issue.

The only thing done properly was the eyes and the ice crystal fingernails, which I thought would be cool.

Man, I need help. Would be grateful if anyone can fix this picture, because I really liked the concept.

(Oh, I was too lazy to draw the other arm, in case you asked)

EDIT:
K, I think this looks more Japanese...
fakemon 2.png

Last edited:
Ok guys, I know this is a fail.
I hated myself after drawing this, but I guess you know what I'm trying to draw.
View attachment 61707

It looks fucking Chinese when it really shouldn't.
I was really aiming for a Japanese kimono with Japanese court hairdress. I even used lots of reference photos for it.

Basically, I strongly believe that Jynx's original design is based on BOTH the Yamanba yokai and the Yamanba fashion.
So I researched onto the designs of Yamauba (another name of the same yokai) in Noh dramas.

Originally, I was aiming at drawing wavy hair to keep the unkempt look of both the yokai and the fashion.
But I am still not too familiar with vector art , so I couldn't do it. (I have to use vector art from now on because my tablet is damaged and no longer gives good lines)

And then there's the "Chinese" issue.

The only thing done properly was the eyes and the ice crystal fingernails, which I thought would be cool.

Man, I need help. Would be grateful if anyone can fix this picture, because I really liked the concept.

(Oh, I was too lazy to draw the other arm, in case you asked)
idk I like it... Looks like Nicki Minaj haha

It just looks like a Jynx; there is nothing to be ashamed of. Human-Like Pokémon are not intended to resemble people, but vague humanoids of the sort. The shading is very nice as well.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
been in a good designer mood

latter name could be less goofy and more cooler, but it fits.

Edit: Edited their back carapace based on advice from brightobject.

View attachment 61707
EDIT:
K, I think this looks more Japanese...
View attachment 61715
Not much to input on its origin, but from a layman perspective, I don't find a change in clothing to be enough to warrant as a mega design. The head ornament can definitely be fleshed out further so that it doesn't become some passive glitter added alongside the dress, but instead something that more clearly shows that this Jynx is in a new seat of power. Unless the long nails are imperative to the design origin, I'd say tone them down, particulaly so as I didn't recognise them as nails in their current form.

Last edited:

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Made for today's Daily Draw, this guy is based on thermometers and thermal shocks and I guess based on the design is the regional object-based pokemon that everyone hates but I still like. :v

Also stats now:

Thermeld
(Thermal + Meld)
The Thermal Shock Pokémon
Ice/Fire
Stat:
65/70/91/100/111/65
BST: 502

Abilities: Flame Body/Ice Body/Adaptability (HA)

Notable Moves: Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Overheat, Blizzard, Hail, Sunny Day, Switcheroo, Nasty Plot
Signature Move: Thermal Shock
70 BP, 95% Accuracy Special Move. Like Flying Press deals both Fire and Ice-type damage to foes. Always leaves Fire-types frozen and Ice-Types burnt.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I may be to be blamed for yesterday's dd as I fooled around yesterday with a potential fire/ice design, based on thermometers and endothermal reactions where heat is absorbed from the surroundings. My first attempt left plenty to desire.

Igloo felt tacked on, thermometer markings didn't blend in too well, and due to the giraffe's anatomy on the head it's difficult to see it as a thermometer end, despite coloring it.

When I discovered that my attempt was made into a dd I decided to try it again, so this time I chose an ostrich as the base animal. Did not spend much time on this either since I just mainly wanted to be facetious, but it did strike me as the most suitable approach (llama did not work).

Final design. Have its feet a colder color scheme, added boots and scarf to to throw in some wintery associations, edited the wings to be more ostrich like, among other subtle stuff. I'm afraid it'll always struggle with the clash of colors between its body and throat, but given the typing and the concept, I guess it can't be helped, although yellow did help to soften the blow.

I am usually a lurker in these forums, but I decided to create a account for this.

I created a fakemon design, but I am still fairly new in competitive pokemon and i don't have the confidence to come with good stats and moves..
Could someone help me with stats/moves?
I can post my fakemon here?

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am usually a lurker in these forums, but I decided to create a account for this.

I created a fakemon design, but I am still fairly new in competitive pokemon and i don't have the confidence to come with good stats and moves..
Could someone help me with stats/moves?
I can post my fakemon here?
of course bud :)

of course bud :)
Thanks.
I drew a fakemon based on a jiangshi (a chinese hopping zombie/vampire) more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiangshi

The little one is called Ghoshi, its a spirit attached to a spell tag. I be always thought of it evolving by leveling up inside a pokemon graveyard (the original idea had the final evolution be more of a literal zombie, with the little spirit possessing and compressing the remains of a corpse to make itself a physical body , but that would be too much for someting like pokemon?) I still Haven't Found a good name for the evolution, for now I will call it Daongshi.

So.. could someone help me with the stats and moves for it?

Thanks.
I drew a fakemon based on a jiangshi (a chinese hopping zombie/vampire) more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiangshi

The little one is called Ghoshi, its a spirit attached to a spell tag. I be always thought of it evolving by leveling up inside a pokemon graveyard (the original idea had the final evolution be more of a literal zombie, with the little spirit possessing and compressing the remains of a corpse to make itself a physical body , but that would be too much for someting like pokemon?) I still Haven't Found a good name for the evolution, for now I will call it Daongshi.

Oh hey, I remember seeing that a few times before.

Ghoshi
30/60/35/45/35/75 (BST 280)
Oblivious/Cursed Body/Simple

Daongshi
60/105/85/60/60/115 (BST 485)
Oblivious/Sturdy/Simple

Since you drew the high speed movement of Daongshi, I assume it'd have an at least decently fast Speed. Jiangshi doesn't seem like the kind to be special attackers, since I don't think they can do energy projection, and so I gave it higher Atk than SpA. Due to it being a spirit, its HP would naturally be pretty low, as would the defensive stats; However, since jiangshi are more corporeal than ghosts, and Daongshi is based on a jiangshi, I made it so its Def is quite a bit higher than its SpD. Ghoshi's stats are simply downgraded from Daongshi, with the difference in Atk and SpA much less prominent, Though being a simple spirit its Def and SpD would both be really frail.
As for the abilities, Oblivious and Simple both reference jiangshi's (relative lack of) mental capacity, Sturdy is there since jiangshi don't really feel (or care about) pain and can continue fighting with grievous injuries, while Cursed Body is just a replacement ability on Ghosti as Sturdy doesn't fit it.

In terms of moves, the standard STABs from TM and Tutors are basically guaranteed, with Astonish, Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, Revenge, Reversal, Cross Chop, Submission and Mach Punch being the level-up moves or egg moves. Grudge and Memento are basically guaranteed, and maybe Destiny Bond as well. I'm personally not sure if this should get Focus Blast, as from the description: "The user heightens its mental focus and unleashes its power." It should be able to learn Ice-type moves, potentially even Ice Beam for jiangshi's body don't produce heat, Poison Jab is definitely going to be in, Earthquake should be in its learnset too if only for the fact that Chansey can learn it, Bounce is a must, Knock Off would be nice if redundant coverage though Sucker Punch probably is outside of a jiangshi's capabilities, and Wild Charge can be nice too and I can envision Daongshi flying forward wrapped in electricity. Maybe some fang moves too? I'm not sure, but I think jiangshi bites people just like vampires and zombies. For boosting moves, Hone Claws and Bulk Up are about the only ones I can think of that fit with a jiangshi. Endure and Bide should probably be on the learnset somewhere too.

Oh hey, I remember seeing that a few times before.

Ghoshi
30/60/35/45/35/75 (BST 280)
Oblivious/Cursed Body/Simple

Daongshi
60/105/85/60/60/115 (BST 485)
Oblivious/Sturdy/Simple

Since you drew the high speed movement of Daongshi, I assume it'd have an at least decently fast Speed. Jiangshi doesn't seem like the kind to be special attackers, since I don't think they can do energy projection, and so I gave it higher Atk than SpA. Due to it being a spirit, its HP would naturally be pretty low, as would the defensive stats; However, since jiangshi are more corporeal than ghosts, and Daongshi is based on a jiangshi, I made it so its Def is quite a bit higher than its SpD. Ghoshi's stats are simply downgraded from Daongshi, with the difference in Atk and SpA much less prominent, Though being a simple spirit its Def and SpD would both be really frail.
As for the abilities, Oblivious and Simple both reference jiangshi's (relative lack of) mental capacity, Sturdy is there since jiangshi don't really feel (or care about) pain and can continue fighting with grievous injuries, while Cursed Body is just a replacement ability on Ghosti as Sturdy doesn't fit it.

In terms of moves, the standard STABs from TM and Tutors are basically guaranteed, with Astonish, Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, Revenge, Reversal, Cross Chop, Submission and Mach Punch being the level-up moves or egg moves. Grudge and Memento are basically guaranteed, and maybe Destiny Bond as well. I'm personally not sure if this should get Focus Blast, as from the description: "The user heightens its mental focus and unleashes its power." It should be able to learn Ice-type moves, potentially even Ice Beam for jiangshi's body don't produce heat, Poison Jab is definitely going to be in, Earthquake should be in its learnset too if only for the fact that Chansey can learn it, Bounce is a must, Knock Off would be nice if redundant coverage though Sucker Punch probably is outside of a jiangshi's capabilities, and Wild Charge can be nice too and I can envision Daongshi flying forward wrapped in electricity. Maybe some fang moves too? I'm not sure, but I think jiangshi bites people just like vampires and zombies. For boosting moves, Hone Claws and Bulk Up are about the only ones I can think of that fit with a jiangshi. Endure and Bide should probably be on the learnset somewhere too.
This seems good, I will use this for now.
Thanks! :)

Here are Toucaneer and Toucaptain (well, as of right now, it's only a rough draft, but I still wanted to post it), the two Pirate Bird Pokemons. What inspired me this was the newest Sun & Moon trailer, which reveals that the game takes place in a tropical setting of some sorts. And what says tropical setting like nothing else ? Toucans, and pirates (at least for me lol). So I made these two :)

Toucaneer Dark/Flying
70/95/55/30/55/85 BST: 390
Keen Eye/Hyper Cutter HA: Pickpocket

Toucaptain Dark/Flying
90/135/70/30/70/105 BST: 500
Intimidate/Hyper Cutter HA: Pickpocket

Notable Moves : Brave Bird, Knock Off, Superpower, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance, Roost, Whirlwind, Fly and Surf (not really notable from a competitive point of view, but still worth mentioning.) In addition to all of that, it also has Captain's Call, it's signature move. It raises the user's Atk and Spatk by one stage in a single battle, and raises all ally pokemon's (including itself) Atk and Spatk by one stage in a Double/Triple Battle.

The change from Keen Eye to Intimidate is explained by, well, the loss of said eye :v
Also, even though you can't see it on this picture because he's sideways, Toucaptain DOES have his other eye left. So yeah, gonna do a better, cleaner version later, but I wanted to share the concept with you guys :3

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Thanks.

That's a really interesting concept. It's the first time I see a fakemon on Jianshi.
The art looks like Sugimori's style too.
But why is it a fighting type?
Oh, and I think the small one might consist of too many circles.

That's a really interesting concept. It's the first time I see a fakemon on Jianshi.
The art looks like Sugimori's style too.
But why is it a fighting type?
Oh, and I think the small one might consist of too many circles.
Thanks!

I based my jiangshi fakemon from the most recognised and popular depiction of them, the ones from the 80's Hong Kong movies, these featured lots of kung fu scenes. You can find them in youtube

Bummer

Jamming to the beat

One day I thought how tesla coil tusks would be awesome, and since there are records of circus/festival elephants getting their tusk tips covered by orbs/blunt ends, adorning the rest of their bodies with circus/indian covers felt like a reasonable choice. The base stage was reverse engineered and thus the least electric type of the two, while the grount typing comes from just being big and burly overall, much like Donphan.

While there are clear features to justify its typing, I feel that the base doesn't separate enough from the final evolution. For instance, it could keep both feet and then lose one when evolving, much like how it currently loses one eye. Moreover, subtle changes like how its beak, wing tips, and back feathers (apart from their length) can also be tampered with just to throw some more variety in there but also avoid making its plumage entirely black. And while it has been overdone, any particular reason why you chose toucans instead of parrots?

While there are clear features to justify its typing, I feel that the base doesn't separate enough from the final evolution. For instance, it could keep both feet and then lose one when evolving, much like how it currently loses one eye. Moreover, subtle changes like how its beak, wing tips, and back feathers (apart from their length) can also be tampered with just to throw some more variety in there but also avoid making its plumage entirely black. And while it has been overdone, any particular reason why you chose toucans instead of parrots?
First of all, thanks for all the good advice, I'll try to keep that in mind if I ever make a more fleshed out version of these two :)
As for why toucans over parrots, well, I was watching the Sun & Moon trailer, and suddenly I was like "What if... Toucan pirates ?" and that's how I got the idea :p

Bummer

Jamming to the beat

A mon that's largely similar to Bagon, a frilled lizard (pinwheel) dreaming of flying, and then a kite dragon actually being capable of it. Will probably be Dragon/Flying, but I can see myself tampering with it to make it Dragon/Grass, since it's not REALLY flying, just gliding.

As far as abilities are concerned:
Pig Pecks | Keen Eye | Swift Swim
Flamingoes are awesome animals to base a design of, but apart from the head tail that seeeeems to end with a heart, I'm not really seeing the fairy typing here. Also, backgrounds aren't a necessity in this thread, and right now I feel yours is stealing more attention from the designs rather than complementing them.

First ever Fakemon, feedback is appreciated:

Helpaca
Normal / Dark
Shed Skin / Sap Sipper
108 / 120 / 66 / 66 / 66 / 104 (530)
Cool name, but not sure if slapping devil features on an animal not normally associated with those creatures will do the trick.

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
I've had this Fakemon idea for a loooong time. Basically, these guys are based on certain kinds of cordyceps fungi that are infamous for infecting and taking over insects, sometimes being referred to as "zombie fungi" or the like. While Pokémon has dawdled a bit on this territory with Parasect being a cicada infected by a mushroom, it was much centered around the insect being controlled, and not on the infecting mushroom, which still had some potential.

With that in mind, the basic idea for this line was psychic mushrooms with high mind control powers. While not Dark-types, their origins are still pretty tenebrous, so I had intentions of leaning their design towards that direction. A sense of assimetry was brought up a bit with the final evo, with an uneven finger count and a mushroom stalk growing out of one arm. I also ended up basing Converticept's mushroom head a bit on a turban, to drive the Psychic typing better at home. The blank eyes on the base form and the insect-like eyes on the final form were also some very fun aspects to bring into the design.

Parasitic is a signature ability to Amindita and Converticept, it's based on the cordyceps family being in general endoparasitic and causes leeching moves like Leech Seed and Giga Drain to heal for 75% of the damage dealt and also increases said move's damage by 1.3x

Notable Moves: Giga Drain, Psychic, Leech Seed, Spore, Mind Reader, Trick Room, and the line's signature move Control Spores

Control Spores: User unleashes spores onto the foe that are psychically linked to the user. At the end of each turn the foe wil have 1/18th of their HP leeched and after the first turn will deal half-damage to the opposing side for as long as the user is out. Either side switching out makes the spores disappear.

Name Origin: Amindita: Amanita + Mind
Converticept: Convert + Cordyceps

Bummer

Jamming to the beat

Edit: New version.

Did some small adjustments to make it Grass/Dragon. Someone also suggested making the base's head smaller to emphasize the pinwheel, and I agreed. Name coems from Pinwheel+Weed and Reptile+Kite.

While the concept is nice, there's not much with these mushrooms that make you make that connection to parasitic shrooms that take over the mind, since usually you need the infected host together with the shroom to accomplish that (which is the case with the Paras line). So while a line can be created for the shroom itself, I'd appreciate some more apparent features in the psychic direction, particularly since the hat of the last stage doesn't look like a turban. I'd personally recommend making the surface of the shroom cap all shriveled so that it recembles the surface of a brain, cause right now, it just seems alien like.

The Flamingo designs do seem unfinished, and lack of fairy-ness, will re-do designs later.

Here's something else though:
One general rule of thumb is to avoid the first and last stage to have the same face. Plenty of exceptions occur (like with Slowpoke and Minccino), but it's one of the easier ways to show maturity since people tend to focus on the face first. Also, what purpose does the middle stage fill? The last stage seems to overall have a larger shell and forearms than the base stage, meaning it can immediately evolve into that without going through the detour of withdrawing into it.

Last edited:

Did some small adjustments to make it Grass/Dragon. Someone also suggested making the base's head smaller to emphasize the pinwheel, and I agreed. Name coems from Pinwheel+Weed and Reptile+Kite.
Hey Bummer, thread seems fun - I'll hop in.

I enjoy the pinwheel concept for Pinweed, but I'm slightly let down to see it largely discontinued after evolution. Repkite sports a fine design that stands very well in its own right, but put together with its prevo I'd say it raises eyebrows. I understand that the inspiration evolves from pinwheel -> kite, but aren't there any traces left of the prevo's most prominent feature? If you manage to incorporate that into Repkite I think it would make for a superior design.

That said, I really like Repkite -- a gliding green lizard design blends Grass, Dragon and the kite motif very well, and the leafy tail is straightforward enough without resembling other leafy tails like Sceptile's.

Other comments -- if I'm not wrong you tried to work aviation goggles into Repkite's design? While it's certainly clever, I do think the black shiny eyes push it just past the line. As a suggestion, I believe retaining some elements of Pinweed's eyes would work better, while keeping the rim of the goggles intact.

Keep it up though, I like your work -- shoutout to my faves Ghobelisk and Spiramid whose previous versions I already fell in love with. The execution is just great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)