Face-to-Face: Archetypes of 1v1

Nice article, this would certainly help people who've never played 1v1 before, like me. My only complaint was the background - I can see why you did it, making it resemble a notebook, but I think it would've been better to go with a simple plain screen. I know it wouldn't be as nice to look at, but it would be easier to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: DEG

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Cringes at the misinformation

I mean I know this is supposed to be generic basics, but hnngh, I hate it when the words "all" or "every" are used to describe something, like

"Scarf Kyurem-B defeats every Porygon-Z"

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 322-379 (86 - 101.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

This isn't even the ideal spread that uses 252 defense in place of hp, it's just the auto spread from using Custap Berry, a set that is rising in popularity to the extent in which it rivals Choice Scarf! Or in the case of higher ladder, even surpasses it by a mile!

I know this is just one instance, but I went straight for Porygon-Z, since I knew someone would mess something up.

Please note that this section was written after going for specifically Porygon-Z.

(After reading Specially Offensive page)

Continues to cringe at the misinformation

While I did do analyses for all of the specially offensive and specially defensive threats, I can see that they were edited to a semi unrecognizable state. SPEAKING of editing, minor grammatical errors on my analyses that weren't there to begin with make me cry :'( When Deg told me about how abbreviated things would get and about the heavy need of formatting, as well as the likelihood of misinformation being presented, I decided to drop out of doing any further work for this due to the quality of information being cut for the sake of space and/or looking nice. Whether that merits still being credited as co-author or not is something I will leave up to whoever is in charge of such things.

Also holy wows, this took almost half a year to do, jeezus.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cringes at the misinformation

I mean I know this is supposed to be generic basics, but hnngh, I hate it when the words "all" or "every" are used to describe something, like
"Scarf Kyurem-B defeats every Porygon-Z"

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 322-379 (86 - 101.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

This isn't even the ideal spread that uses 252 defense in place of hp, it's just the auto spread from using Custap Berry, a set that is rising in popularity to the extent in which it rivals Choice Scarf! Or in the case of higher ladder, even surpasses it by a mile!

I know this is just one instance, but I went straight for Porygon-Z, since I knew someone would mess something up.

Please note that this section was written after going for specifically Porygon-Z.

(After reading Specially Offensive page)

Continues to cringe at the misinformation

While I did do analyses for all of the specially offensive and specially defensive threats, I can see that they were edited to a semi unrecognizable state. SPEAKING of editing, minor grammatical errors on my analyses that weren't there to begin with make me cry :'( When Deg told me about how abbreviated things would get and about the heavy need of formatting, as well as the likelihood of misinformation being presented, I decided to drop out of doing any further work for this due to the quality of information being cut for the sake of space and/or looking nice. Whether that merits still being credited as co-author or not is something I will leave up to whoever is in charge of such things.

Also holy wows, this took almost half a year to do, jeezus.
even if you didn't wanna keep co-writing, you could have just added your comments in. oh yeah, and next time you post something you disagree with, please avoid all the obnoxious formatting and the rude wording. you can just nicely comment about it. thank you!

Glyx,

I mean most of the things that were written were basic and have for purpose to educate people that are new to 1v1. And, you were the one that wrote the specially offensive part so I don't know where you're coming from, you never wrote "Custap" or used another EV spread for Porygon-Z and I opposed to it.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
I mean most of the things that were written were basic and have for purpose to educate people that are new to 1v1. And, you were the one that wrote the specially offensive part so I don't know where you're coming from, you never wrote "Custap" or used another EV spread for Porygon-Z and I opposed to it.
I know it was for the sake of basics, I had figured not to include Custap Berry in Porygon-Z's analysis simply because you had told me it would be specifically basic information, and back then it wasn't nearly as popular as it is now. I can't really quite remember all the way back to March, but I do see that I added Custap Berry Porygon-Z in the initial dump of sets in the first few posts of our conversation, so I likely was originally going to add it until I was informed that I should only include what to expect rather than what's good.

• Sad
Reactions: pqs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)