1. The moderators of this forum are shade and WaterBomb.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Equestrianism, aka horse riding!

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by gaietta, Jun 19, 2017.

1. gaietta

gaietta

I can't believe I can't find already a post about horse riding. A sport I always loved since I was a little child and the best sport I've ever practiced in my whole life. I'm curious to know your experiences with horses and expecially your pics!
    Myzozoa likes this.
  2. Deschain

Deschain

for about 4 or 5 summers from adolescents into my teens i spent at what was simply called "horse camp". some of my best memories are from that time. we would go on trail rides in the mountains of Va, multi-day pack trips in the George Washington National Forest, and one summer i rode across 4 states helping map out routes on the American Discovery Trail that had horse support. there's nothing quite like jumping a horse (or mule, one of my favorite mounts was a mule named Rachel).

i was in a car accident when i was 17, and have brain damage from that, and the brain doctor gave me a list of activities i could never safely do again, and of course horseback riding was on it.

i miss it. a lot.
    gaietta likes this.
  3. gaietta

gaietta

Holy shit, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you will always find comfort in the memories of those happy times.
  4. Deschain

Deschain

haha thanks.

that was 14 years ago so i've had time to come to terms with it.
    gaietta likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)