Environment Change!

Why does Nature Power have to be special attack? In Gen 5 it became Earthquake as well.
If you absolutely want it to become a Special Attack, it could be Air Cutter.
But now, in Gen 6, it becomes only special attacks, so I want to keep it as it is now :3
Anyway, soon, when this thread will be popular enough, I will open a poll to decide the new environments, so stay tuned ^^

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Tohjo Falls: Rock-type and Water-type Pokémon have their defense and special defense raised by 1. Secret Power also has its power increased by 50%, along with Rock-type and Water-type moves. Nature Power becomes Waterfall, Secret Power has the animation of Waterfall and may cause flinching, and Camouflage makes the user Rock-type.

Should I add more effects?

Last edited:
I think this is a super cool idea but I worry that the environments are just really complicated maybe? The volcano one for example: grounded pokemon become burned, and moves burn more often, and fire moves get priority, and a couple moves change into different moves, and the camouflage thing. Or the swamp one: everything gets slower, but there's an exception for poison and water types, and also water types are now poison type, and poison moves are stronger (does that include the original water type moves?), and then the secret power and camouflage stuff again. It just seems like a huge amount to keep track of, especially when you want to have 25 different ones and they're going to be different every game.
The "couple moves that turn into other moves" are Secret Power and Nature Power, which always do that in different terrain types. Camouflage always changes the user's type depending on terrain; that's what it does. Originally, the Volcano terrain burned grounded Pokémon instantly on switch-in; I suggested the change to give a Pokémon time to Camouflage and avoid the burn.

And yes, moves that were originally Water-type would be boosted after becoming Poison-type as well. It also says very specifically that it doesn't make Water-type Pokémon Poison-type, only their moves. Essentially, the Water type has the offensive type effectiveness of the Poison type.

Tohjo Falls: Rock-type and Water-type Pokémon have their defense and special defense raised by 1. Their Secret Power also has their power increased by 50%. Nature Power becomes Waterfall, Secret Power has the animation of Waterfall and may cause flinching, and Camouflage makes the user Rock-type.

Should I add more effects?
Normally I boost Secret Power as if it's an honorary move of a type that's already boosted. So if Rock-type moves have power boosted by 50%, then Secret Power would be as well if it has the animation of a Rock-type move.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Normally I boost Secret Power as if it's an honorary move of a type that's already boosted. So if Rock-type moves have power boosted by 50%, then Secret Power would be as well if it has the animation of a Rock-type move.
But Rock-type gets a Secret Power boost.

But Rock-type gets a Secret Power boost.
Nah, I mean like if Rock- and Water-type moves have a 50% power increase, then Secret Power used by anyone has that boost as well. I mean, you could boost Secret Power when used by Rock- or Water-types only, but why? How does that really make sense? Essentially, Secret Power gets boosted as if it's any and all relevant types.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Nah, I mean like if Rock- and Water-type moves have a 50% power increase, then Secret Power used by anyone has that boost as well. I mean, you could boost Secret Power when used by Rock- or Water-types only, but why? How does that really make sense? Essentially, Secret Power gets boosted as if it's any and all relevant types.
I see. Ok then.

How about... Dust Bowl?

Ground, rock, and fire types gain 1.25x damage to all of their moves (will stack), desolate land's sun is up (someone should make an ice, water, and grass one to counteract), nature power turns into Eruption (acts as if hp is 80% full), secret power looks like heat wave and has a chance of harshly burning (toxic plus burn), and camouflage makes you be fire.

How about... Dust Bowl?

Ground, rock, and fire types gain 1.25x damage to all of their moves (will stack), desolate land's sun is up (someone should make an ice, water, and grass one to counteract), nature power turns into Eruption (acts as if hp is 80% full), secret power looks like heat wave and has a chance of harshly burning (toxic plus burn), and camouflage makes you be fire.
Well, I actually don't know what a Dust Bowl is, but I did a research and I learnt that it is a kind of Dust Storm, am I right? If I am, why would this environment boost fire-type moves? Isn't it caused from dust?

Dust bowl is a place that is very hot, with lots of loose dirt/sand because of how long there has been no moisture there. The wind easily picks up the "dust", making it a bad combination of too hot, too dry, and bad dust storms. We say dust and not sand because this can happen anywhere that has soil to dry out. Dangerous times in the midwest of the US.

Desolate sun with intermittent sandstorms would be very fitting. Bad place for water and grass types. Sounds great for ground types.
Flying types might be involved somehow, as wind erosion is the main culprit. Perhaps flying moves do ground damage?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I get that Dust Bowl is hot, but it's a bunch of dust. Shouldn't the weather be sandstorm(+extremely harsh sun?)? Intermittent weather also seems like a good idea.
Eruption at 80% HP seems too complex. Wouldn't simply Flamethrower or Fire Blast be better?
Same goes for Toxic + Burn. I don't think that would even work. We're better off with a Fire type Toxic clone or a Toxic that reduces Attack but deals half of the Toxic damage.

Dust bowl is a place that is very hot, with lots of loose dirt/sand because of how long there has been no moisture there. The wind easily picks up the "dust", making it a bad combination of too hot, too dry, and bad dust storms. We say dust and not sand because this can happen anywhere that has soil to dry out. Dangerous times in the midwest of the US.

Desolate sun with intermittent sandstorms would be very fitting. Bad place for water and grass types. Sounds great for ground types.
Flying types might be involved somehow, as wind erosion is the main culprit. Perhaps flying moves do ground damage?
Thank you ^^

I get that Dust Bowl is hot, but it's a bunch of dust. Shouldn't the weather be sandstorm(+extremely harsh sun?)? Intermittent weather also seems like a good idea.
Eruption at 80% HP seems too complex. Wouldn't simply Flamethrower or Fire Blast be better?
Same goes for Toxic + Burn. I don't think that would even work. We're better off with a Fire type Toxic clone or a Toxic that reduces Attack but deals half of the Toxic damage.
I agree with him.

Anyway, I'm starting the first poll to elect the next Environment to add! Please, submit again your Environments suggestions, following this format

Environment name: the name of the new environment.
Weather effects: if in the environment there is always a weather condition. If not, leave empty.
Nature Power becomes: Nature Power becomes always a Special Attack with 70<BP<110.
Secret Power has the animation of: Secret Power doesn't change its type, but it changed its animation and his secondary effect (that must have always the 30% chance to be activated).
Camouflage changes the type in: Camouflage changes the type of the Pokemon depending on the environment.
Other effects: the effects can include statuses, statistics drops and boosts, transformation of the type of moves and Pokemon, etc.
Flavour: explain why all these things happen.
Please, if you have suggested an environment yet, submit it again following the format.

Last edited:
Nature Power becomes: Nature Power becomes always a Special Attack with 70<BP<110.
While it is true that Nature Power is always a Special Attack, the rest of that is inaccurate. Nature Power's minimum base power is actually 65, seen with Mud Bomb. On top of that, it actually does hit a base power of 110 exactly in sea, where it turns into Hydro Pump. So that should be, "Nature Power always becomes a Special Attack with 65≤BP≤110."

Now for my submissions:

Environment name: Another Dimension
Weather effects: None.
Nature Power becomes: Hyperspace Hole.
Secret Power has the animation of: Confusion, and may Disable the foe's last-used move.
Camouflage changes the user's type to: ???/none (or if not possible, Psychic)
Other effects: Trick Room and Wonder Room are always active; using any of these moves instead deactivates the effects for the duration the move would normally be active. That means all your physical walls are now special walls and vice-versa, and everything that was slow is now fast. Psychic-type moves, Nature Power, and Secret Power have their priority increased by 1.
Flavour: An alternate dimension where nothing makes sense and everything is inverted. Hyperspace Hole represents dimensional travel. Psychic-type moves have priority because this dimension is especially vulnerable to space-manipulating effects like telekinesis? I dunno, basically because magic and because it's a Psychic-themed environment. Secret Power is basically an honorary Psychic-type move, so it gets that benefit as well.

Environment name: Crystal Cave
Nature Power becomes: Power Gem.
Secret Power has the animation of: Dazzling Gleam, and may cause flinching.
Camouflage changes the user's type to: Rock.
Other effects: Grounded Pokémon cannot have their stats lowered by any means other than Clear Smog or Haze. Rock-type Pokémon have the effect of Serene Grace in addition to their regular ability. Rock-type moves, Nature Power, and Secret Power have their priority increased by 1. The move Flash reduces the target's Accuracy by 2 stages instead of 1 (though it is ineffective against grounded Pokémon for reasons stated above). Pokémon with Illuminate reduce the Accuracy of non-grounded foes by 1 stage on switch-in.
Flavour: The fantastical nature of the cavern brings out the hidden beauty in Rock-types, granting them the effects of Serene Grace. Grounded Pokémon cannot have their stats lowered because the clarity of the crystals can be likened to Clear Body. Flash's intensity is increased because the light reflects and refracts through all the crystals in the cavern; this is also why the ability Illuminate causes an accuracy drop. Rock-type moves have priority for some magical reason based on the beauty of crystals, I dunno but it makes more sense than a damage boost. Secret Power gains priority due to being an honorary Rock-type move. Secret Power has the animation of Dazzling Gleam because it is powered by the refracted light from the crystals, and it causes flinching because foes can't bear to look at the light (and because an accuracy nerf effect would be useless here).

Environment name: Graveyard
Nature Power becomes: Shadow Ball.
Secret Power has the animation of: Shadow Sneak, and may cause flinching.
Camouflage changes the user's type to: Ghost.
Other effects: Grounded Pokémon have a Life Orb effect in addition to their item; this effect stacks with an actual Life Orb if the Pokémon is holding one, including stacking the recoil. The effect of Heal Block is always active for both sides of the field. Ghost-type Pokémon are vulnerable to trapping moves and abilities.
Flavour: The spirits of the dead seek to add to their ranks, so the Graveyard is a place of desolation and pain. All Pokémon have their life energy drained to fuel their attacks by the will of the dead, and healing is impossible due to the tormenting of malevolent spirits. The strong spiritual ties that Ghost-types have to a place such as this allows them to be trapped here, even when that would normally be impossible. Secret Power has the animation of Shadow Sneak with a flinch chance because that is what it does in Mt. Pyre in ORAS (though I personally liked my original idea of Ominous Wind's animation with a Curse chance better).
Competitively, Pokémon with Oblivious are very powerful here, as Heal Block is considered a mental effect. Pokémon with the ability Oblivious are unaffected by those, so they are able to heal as normal.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Environment name: Parfum Palace
Weather effects: Terrain effects fail to work.
Nature Power becomes: Moonblast
Secret Power has the animation of: Outrage, with a 30% chance of causing paralysis
Camouflage changes the type in: Normal
Other effects: Fairy types, Dragon types, Furfrou, Slowking (only), Serperior (line), Pyroar (line), Aegislash (line), Tyrantrum (line) and Milotic (only) have their Defense boosted by 1. Fairy types, Furfrou, Slowking, Aegislash and Milotic (same line/only as mentioned) have +0.5 Priority in all of their moves (moves first unless the opponent has an actual priority move). Dragon types, Serperior and Pyroar (same line/only as mentioned) have their damage boosted by x1.3. Dragon type and Fairy type moves used by Pokemon and types not mentioned have a x1.1 Power Boost. Non-volatile status conditions fail to work.
Flavour: Both the Dragon Pokemon and (more loosely) the Fairy Pokemon are related to Royalty, and so are the Pokemon mentioned. In the classic Kalos palace, these Pokemon get a boost. Pretty simple to understand so far. Non-volatile conditions fails to work because the Misty Terrain has the same effect, and while I'd like to make that Terrain always active, that would nerf Dragon type Pokemon. Terrain effects fail to work because Misty Terrain is supposedly there. They have a defense boost because of back up, I guess. :)

Environment name: Spear Pillar
Weather effects: none
Nature Power becomes: Spacial Rend
Secret Power has the animation of: Roar of time. 30% chance to cause flinch.
Camouflage changes the type in to: Random
Other effects: Every third turn, trick room activates. (if it is already in effect, it cancels.) If six pokemon total faint (regardless of whose they are), the battle becomes an inverse battle.
Flavor: Battling at the Spear Pillar before the legendary pokemon of space and time, Dialga and Palkia! As your battle rages on, so does theirs! Space and time are constantly being warped. Prepare yourself for the changing conditions and use them to your advantage!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for not having commented on this thread for a so long time! (Please, forgive me)
Soon I will open the Straw Poll for the Environment.
I just wanted to highlight that the current seasonal ladder (Spacetime Funtime) works exactly like this Pet Mod, even if I don't know how the scenario is chosen (I'm not saying that they copied me anyway). So I'm happy to say that this Pet Mod can be coded! :)

And I'm seeing that I didn't invent an environment that favors Bug-types, does anyone want to purpose it?

Last edited:
The first voting phase has begun!

Here are the entries:
Environment name: Spear Pillar
Weather effects: none
Nature Power becomes: Spacial Rend
Secret Power has the animation of: Roar of time. 30% chance to cause flinch.
Camouflage changes the type in to: Random
Other effects: Every third turn, trick room activates. (if it is already in effect, it cancels.) If six pokemon total faint (regardless of whose they are), the battle becomes an inverse battle.
Flavor: Battling at the Spear Pillar before the legendary pokemon of space and time, Dialga and Palkia! As your battle rages on, so does theirs! Space and time are constantly being warped. Prepare yourself for the changing conditions and use them to your advantage!
Environment name: Parfum Palace
Weather effects: Terrain effects fail to work.
Nature Power becomes: Moonblast
Secret Power has the animation of: Outrage, with a 30% chance of causing paralysis
Camouflage changes the type in: Normal
Other effects: Fairy types, Dragon types, Furfrou, Slowking (only), Serperior (line), Pyroar (line), Aegislash (line), Tyrantrum (line) and Milotic (only) have their Defense boosted by 1. Fairy types, Furfrou, Slowking, Aegislash and Milotic (same line/only as mentioned) have +0.5 Priority in all of their moves (moves first unless the opponent has an actual priority move). Dragon types, Serperior and Pyroar (same line/only as mentioned) have their damage boosted by x1.3. Dragon type and Fairy type moves used by Pokemon and types not mentioned have a x1.1 Power Boost. Non-volatile status conditions fail to work.
Flavour: Both the Dragon Pokemon and (more loosely) the Fairy Pokemon are related to Royalty, and so are the Pokemon mentioned. In the classic Kalos palace, these Pokemon get a boost. Pretty simple to understand so far. Non-volatile conditions fails to work because the Misty Terrain has the same effect, and while I'd like to make that Terrain always active, that would nerf Dragon type Pokemon. Terrain effects fail to work because Misty Terrain is supposedly there. They have a defense boost because of back up, I guess. :)
Secret Power has the animation of: Confusion, and may Disable the foe's last-used move.
Other effects: Trick Room and Wonder Room are always active; using any of these moves instead deactivates the effects for the duration the move would normally be active. That means all your physical walls are now special walls and vice-versa, and everything that was slow is now fast. Psychic-type moves, Nature Power, and Secret Power have their priority increased by 1.
Flavour: An alternate dimension where nothing makes sense and everything is inverted. Hyperspace Hole represents dimensional travel. Psychic-type moves have priority because this dimension is especially vulnerable to space-manipulating effects like telekinesis? I dunno, basically because magic and because it's a Psychic-themed environment. Secret Power is basically an honorary Psychic-type move, so it gets that benefit as well.

Environment name: Graveyard
Nature Power becomes: Shadow Ball.
Secret Power has the animation of: Shadow Sneak, and may cause flinching.
Camouflage changes the user's type to: Ghost.
Other effects: Grounded Pokémon have a Life Orb effect in addition to their item; this effect stacks with an actual Life Orb if the Pokémon is holding one, including stacking the recoil. The effect of Heal Block is always active for both sides of the field. Ghost-type Pokémon are vulnerable to trapping moves and abilities.
Flavour: The spirits of the dead seek to add to their ranks, so the Graveyard is a place of desolation and pain. All Pokémon have their life energy drained to fuel their attacks by the will of the dead, and healing is impossible due to the tormenting of malevolent spirits. The strong spiritual ties that Ghost-types have to a place such as this allows them to be trapped here, even when that would normally be impossible. Secret Power has the animation of Shadow Sneak with a flinch chance because that is what it does in Mt. Pyre in ORAS (though I personally liked my original idea of Ominous Wind's animation with a Curse chance better).
Competitively, Pokémon with Oblivious are very powerful here, as Heal Block is considered a mental effect. Pokémon with the ability Oblivious are unaffected by those, so they are able to heal as normal.
Environment name: Crystal Cave
Nature Power becomes: Power Gem.
Secret Power has the animation of: Dazzling Gleam, and may cause flinching.
Camouflage changes the user's type to: Rock.
Other effects: Grounded Pokémon cannot have their stats lowered by any means other than Clear Smog or Haze. Rock-type Pokémon have the effect of Serene Grace in addition to their regular ability. Rock-type moves, Nature Power, and Secret Power have their priority increased by 1. The move Flash reduces the target's Accuracy by 2 stages instead of 1 (though it is ineffective against grounded Pokémon for reasons stated above). Pokémon with Illuminate reduce the Accuracy of non-grounded foes by 1 stage on switch-in.
Flavour: The fantastical nature of the cavern brings out the hidden beauty in Rock-types, granting them the effects of Serene Grace. Grounded Pokémon cannot have their stats lowered because the clarity of the crystals can be likened to Clear Body. Flash's intensity is increased because the light reflects and refracts through all the crystals in the cavern; this is also why the ability Illuminate causes an accuracy drop. Rock-type moves have priority for some magical reason based on the beauty of crystals, I dunno but it makes more sense than a damage boost. Secret Power gains priority due to being an honorary Rock-type move. Secret Power has the animation of Dazzling Gleam because it is powered by the refracted light from the crystals, and it causes flinching because foes can't bear to look at the light (and because an accuracy nerf effect would be useless here).
Here is the poll:
Poll

Hmmm... I think I agree that making those effects turned into like weather inducing moves sounds less random and would add additional strategy into this mod.

In other words add few chosen Pokemon of each type which gain effects similar to Drizzle, Drought, etc. which boost their types or something AND introduce new moves which with certain rock types (like Heat Rock, but for Fighting, etc.) which would allow to abuse those 'weather-field' changes without the need of weather-field inducing Pokemon as well. Just my two cents.

So in other words it's like we gain additional weather condition in form of new fields.

I forgot to say that Another Dimension won the Poll. Congratulations, FlameUser64! :D

It will be added to the Environments' list soon.

Sorry if I was inactive, but I had lot of stuff to do :/

I want to start the Submission Phase of the poll to elect the next Environment to add! Please, submit again your Environments suggestions, following this format
Environment name: the name of the new environment.
Weather effects: if in the environment there is always a weather condition. If not, leave empty.
Secret Power has the animation of: Secret Power doesn't change its type, but it changed its animation and his secondary effect (that must have always the 30% chance to be activated).
Camouflage changes the type in: Camouflage changes the type of the Pokemon depending on the environment.
Other effects: the effects can include statuses, statistics drops and boosts, transformation of the type of moves and Pokemon, etc.
Flavour: explain why all these things happen.
The Submission Phase wil end on Feb 24 2015.

Ooh!
Name: Deathtrap (2spooky4me)
Weather: None. Whatsoever. If your team can set it, too bad, because this place doesn't allow that.
Nature Power: Night Daze
Secret Power: looks like Perish Song, and has a chance to curse.
Camouflage: Dark... Or Ghost, depending on which seems better.
Other: This will take a while:
1. Everything has a life orb effect
2. Nothing may switch out. Ever. No exceptions (even through Volturn)
3. Dark, Ghost, and Bug pokemon have serene grace effect.
3.5 Dark moves, Nature Power, and Secret Power also have a serene grace effect. (Both serene graces can and will stack with any others)
Flavor: Very evil place, with loads of hiding spots, and trickery everywhere. With all that evil, nothing can escape, and everyone will die a very horrible death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)