Emerald BF team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post on this site, and I have absolutely NO clue what any of the acronyms mean. Sorry if this isnt posted in the right format/forum/etc but I read all of the required reading and this seems to be the best place.

My previous team that I used to get all of the silver emblems relatively easily was

Starmie @ Shell Bell
Modest 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
Psychic/Thunderbolt/Surf/Ice Beam

Salamence @ Leftovers
Unknown EV's, neutral nature
Flamethrower/Dragon Claw/Fly/Rock Slide (not sure about this last move, cant remember)

Heracross @ Lum Berry
Adamant 4 Hp/ 252 attack/252 Spd
Sword Dance/Brick Break/Rock Slide/ Earthquake

This team did great for me... until my game (with over 210 hours played) accidentally got deleted. So now I'm trying to build up a new team specifically for the BF. This is what I was thinking so far. Basically, instead of Salamence being a mixed attacker, he will be a physical sweeper along with Heracross. I've already used my Earthquake up on my Heracross also, so unfortunately Salamence is unable to use it.

Starmie @ Shell Bell?

Modest 4 Hp/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
Psychic/Surf/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

Salamence @ ???

Adamant 4 Sp. def (messed up on EV)/252 Atk/252 Spd
Brick Break/Rock Slide/Aerial Ace/Double-edge

Heracross @ Lum Berry
Adamant 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/252 Spd
Swords Dance/Brick Break/Earthquake/Rock Slide

I also have bred a beldum with Adamant nature and my Latias' nature is naughty. I'm not entirely sure how this team will work out, but if anyone has any tips or advice I would appreciate it. I'm using a rom on my phone so anything requiring trade through games is not an option.

Thanks!

Also, should I keep dragon claw on my salamence in place of Rock Slide? My attack is 402 and Sp. Attack is 202, so I'm going to guess rock slide. Dragon Claw has done me wonders in the past though =/

Starmie @ Choice Scarf

Timid 4 Hp/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd

Salamence @ Leftovers

Adamant 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Rock Slide

Heracross @ Lum Berry
Swords Dance/Brick Break/Megahorn/Rock Slide

Changes in Bold

I think it's best for you to decide which Pokémon you want to use but I do recommend getting rid of Heracross as its to similar to the superior Salamence, Metagross doesn't sound bad.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf

Timid 4 Hp/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd

Salamence @ Leftovers

Adamant 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Rock Slide

Heracross @ Lum Berry
Swords Dance/Brick Break/Megahorn/Rock Slide

Changes in Bold

I think it's best for you to decide which Pokémon you want to use but I do recommend getting rid of Heracross as its to similar to the superior Salamence, Metagross doesn't sound bad.
Thanks for the input! My only question is for the Starmie, I dont have access to the choice scarf since this is emerald. Therefore, what would you recommend in its place? Thanks again for your input, I'm making changes as we speak!

Metagross is now fully EV trained and leveling up to 100

Metagross @ Lum/Leichi Berry (still deciding)
Adamant nature 252 Attack/252 Spd/4 HP

Explosion
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Agility

It seems everything is in order now. I got a Pechaya berry for my starmie too, if thats what you were going to recommend.

Just an update for people who are interested in this team. Just today I received 5 silver medals on the battle frontier with this team. All thats left is the Battle Pyramid and the Battle Factory, both should be done by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)