Electric TerRain RMT

Hey all

So I am not sure why but it feels like the RMT section is limp, maybe it's just because not everyone is back from holidays or stuff.

I posted a RMT here http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/vgc17-electric-terrain-team.3590974/ so I won't just copy everything there here cause might be messy.

My thinking is that this section is going to be the proper place for VGC from now on so if anyone could just peek into my thread from the RMT section that would be awesome because I am anxious for suggestions of what to do to make my VGC17 team as good as my VGC16 team was which let me place first in a few local regionals and leagues

First off you need to complete the mandatory homework assignment before posting your teams here.

And issues with the team are that I see a distinct lack of Protect. Nasty Plot on Raichu is pointless since it is so frail that clicking it is far too risky most of the time. Volt switch is much better than U-turn in pretty much every situation and Brave Bird literally only hits Bulu and doesn't even OHKO it, and you have Celesteela, Poison jab Garchomp and Hurricane for. Running max speed is also often a bit unnecessary and you'd be better off investing more in bulk/offence in a lot of situations. Roost on Pelipper is pretty bad and you'd probably be better off with sash + Tailwind. Marowak and Pelipper don't have great synergy due to the rain, and Flamethrower from Celesteela in the rain doesn't OHKO the standard AV Kartana set (and obviously not the sash set) which may be an issue. I perosnally prefer Groundium Z Garchomp over Yache, especially on a team like this since it's unlikely you would bring Raichu and Garchomp to the same battle and a lead of Tapy Koko + Garchomp is very solid in a lot of matchups. From what I can see you've taken Eduardo Cunha's London international team (maybe not intentionally) and replaced Golduck with Raichu, which I'm not so sure is an improvement considering a lead of Raichu + Koko is far more easily countered than double duck since almost every team has a Tapu. However, I do suppose it fairs better against the specs Tapu Fini that seems to be everywhere atm.

I tried incorporating different stuff to see what works, I definitely messed up with A-Marowak being on this rain terrain team, so I am thinking of swapping him for A-Muk

Garchomp maybe I will swap for Oranguru and opt for a Trick Room team.

I am definitely in need of suggestions guys, I have a title to defend haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)