Drybones' MSPaint Apocalypse

Here are some older (and somewhat newer) mspaint sketches I've done. About a year ago I actually picked up a tablet. It's a lot of fun and I've churned out a few sketches here and there, but overall I am brought great shame by the fact that lately I've really let myself slip and haven't sat down to draw in a good long time. It's sad. Most importantly I need to bust out pencil and paper more often, but I figured if I posted an art thread it might entice me to screw around with my tablet more, as I really have not even scratched the surface of what I know I can do with that thing.

By the way, I was using openCanvas for a while, uninstalled it for some reason and it's no longer free. Can someone suggest a good sketching/drawing program (not photoshop)? I need something that is A) accessible and simple, B) free or easy to pirate and C) designed around the use of a tablet. I might just have to attempt to pirate openCanvas again, it was really cool and easy to use, even tho it was japanese. =P

Concept art for CAP5 (rockmon):

This one is probably my favorite of the sketches I submitted to create-a-pokemon forum. It was heavily inspired by images of the Aztec god Quetzacotl, along with the arrowhead face I sketched earlier in the process.

Here's another angle.
This one is pretty intimidating partially because of the friggin size I ended up saving it in. It's gives one a good look at the rest of its body, but the head ended up proportionally off and I would like to redo the linework.

The head came out of the idea that obsidian would fit the concept of a fast "glass cannon" rockmon perfectly. I tend to, for whatever reason, think of pokemon as comprised of materials that somehow reflect their typing in game. So like ttar would have a rocky exterior with a dark candy center. heh.

Kinda neat, but too metagross-esque. More obsidian concept.

This one came from "Cartoons!"'s concept of the venus de milo pokemon. I figured, lets bring the egyptian thing and the armless contrapisto together! I think this one would have been cool in a final version. One of these days I'll have to come back and finish these sketches.

This is not pokemon related, but is the very first thing I did with the tablet, before I even had the software installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)