Driver's Training Thread

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
So this has been on my mind a lot recently. I'm preparing to take my Driver's Test on Friday, and have been getting really frustrated. Mainly with Parallel Parking. I just can't do it man.

But then I started asking around for other people's Driver's ed/Road Testing experiences and it's helped make me less frustrated.

So please, share your own experiences/advice on how to Parallel Park. Whether you're currently in Driver's ed, Road Testing, or got your license a while ago.

I guess I'll share this story: After leaving the Secretary of State's office with my permit the first time, my Mom let me drive home. 15 minutes later, we're on a dirt road, and my Mom freaks out because I almost hit a sign I couldn't see. Fun times.

First of all I want to wish you the best. I feel your pain main, especially with Parallel Parking which I struggled as well. Mostly cause of my fault, I was stupid and missed some of my classes short story. I have to practice a lot to catch up. Luckily I managed to parallel park decently though I almost failed because I was nervous wreck during the driver's test.

The main way I learned parallel parking was going next to the car, line it up mirror to mirror and go in reverse with steering it to the left. I do it until I can see the parked car from behind's license plate, then I park in making adjustments. Trust me, its really frustrating when you parallel park for the first time. But once you keep your focus and keep on practicing you'll get it.

Also I don't know where you live so I can't exactly say how the driver's test will go for you (I live in New York). But basically I just have to drive around while stopping at a couple of stop signs, make a u-turn and do a parallel parking. I thought I was going to handle it easily since I was able to get all of the requirments done easily. But man when the exam came nervousness is a total pain in the butt. I was basically shaking like a snorunt and the examiner I got didn't helped either because he was pretty serious and he had one of the deepest voices I had ever heard in my life. Legit was so nervousness that I almost hit the car while I was parallel parking! Luckily I guess the examiner saw how nervous I was and passed me with pity.

So my two tips I can give you is stay focus and practice every day, and keep as calm as possible during the test. You DO NOT want to be a nervous wreck. Cause while you may drive great normally, the pressure the driver's test can give, can easily screw you up.

Once again wish you the best of luck and hope that you pass you driver's test!

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
This isn't a joke, but during my road test I told me instructor "If you're not First, you're Last."

He didn't really say anything, but it took me 6 tries to pass my written test but I got my road test aced on the first try. I know it's to late, but the road test is pretty easy depending on where you live. In the state I took my test the test was done in an Private Airport, so the roads weren't really active.

Glad you passed though, go pick up some hunnies now.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
That's good. This is probably too late, but congrats on passing! It's always good when the roads aren't busy. I've heard many a story where the other drivers ruined an otherwise passed test.
Glad you passed though, go pick up some hunnies now.
Thanks! And I will (maybe).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)