Media DRAGON BALL SUPER

Holy crap minus episode 66 and 67 this is the most angry I've been with Super. Kale and Caulifla are some next level bs characters and Goku is as always flanderized to stupid levels.

Also could've posted this at an earlier time, but holy fuck Kale's anatomy is trash. She literally has the body of Z Future Trunks (you know, the not pussified Trunks) and yet they're trying so hard for me to take her seriously.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Holy crap minus episode 66 and 67 this is the most angry I've been with Super. Kale and Caulifla are some next level bs characters and Goku is as always flanderized to stupid levels.

Also could've posted this at an earlier time, but holy fuck Kale's anatomy is trash. She literally has the body of Z Future Trunks (you know, the not pussified Trunks) and yet they're trying so hard for me to take her seriously.
The fusion would've been cool if they had actually developed and fleshed out Kale and Caulifla properly. As in, not pumped them up with insane super saiyan transformations that took Goku and co. years of training to master.

"Universe 6 Saiyans grow faster than Universe 7 saiyans"

not an excuse for poor writing

This is the first time I watched an episode of Super knowing it will be trash. Surprise, it made it casually to my top worst episode in Dragon Ball history even supassing 66 (I didn't even watch 67 but I heard it added more fuel to the fire in destroying Pussy Trunks character and the whole Blue Trunks arc).
Well, guess the ToP is now on the bottom of my best DB arcs so far or the top if you want the worst.

First you get your obvious bullshit you expect from Super like excusing reusing animation by repeating gags that are similar to previous episodes like the one Super Hero who's transformation sequence gets interupted so we can watch it again. Then you have Goku consistently regaining stamina while fighting. You know, Saiyan get stronger through fighting? But it has never implied that Goku would gain stamina which is literally the exact opposite of getting tired.
It was just a cheap excuse for us to see SSJ2, SSJ3 and SSJG despite those forms not being relevant according to BoG anime arc/manga/movie and as implied by Toriyama that Goku absorbed the God Ki so he wouldn't even get stronger as SSJG nor need to go SSJ2-3 unless for fan service.

But the real problem I have was how Brolina somehow still couldn't control her Broly Form so we have to get a cheap lespo/friendship moment ala Fairy Tail so she regained her control. It was so cringy, I had to take a break making dinner and eat it, take a shower and then while wondering if it was worth watching just to see how they excuse Potara Fusion (Spoiler: They didn't meaning they broke a rule and nobody cares).
So I did, and we got your average Super bullshit like a tired SSJG Goku somehow beating both Brolina and Caulifla considering Brolina overpowered SSJB Goku episodes earlier for a Broly reference. I know people will complain that complaining about power scaling at this point is pointless since Roshi is now stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks according to that, but there is way too much bullshit to ignore that.
Fucking Caulifla dodged SSJGs attacks despite being bodied by base and SSJ2 Goku earlier.

Then they Potara Fuse and we get reminded how limitless her power in base form (it would be funny if Goku defeat her himself regardless) is and that her name is Kefla (what a horrid name) like 3 times each so we actually remember it. It is a shame, because if you cut out most of those repeated dialog, the introduction of Kelfa without words was kinda cool and ironicly she has a cool design compared to her shitty fusion materials.
BTW, am I the only one noticing that, but did they retcon the Potara Fusion power boost too? In canon external sources it was stated that the Potara Fusion is a multiplier of both fusion materials, while now it is the sum of both multiplied by tens of times.

and Toriyama is listed in the Paradise Papers...
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/11/06/dragon-ball-author-named-in-paradise-papers-leak

my view on this franchise is getting worse and worse. Super is not the only offender ironicly.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Then you have Goku consistently regaining stamina while fighting. You know, Saiyan get stronger through fighting? But it has never implied that Goku would gain stamina which is literally the exact opposite of getting tired.
What is it about this that is soooo hard for people to understand? it's literally the same concept as warming up. I saw an analogy once that was good to describe this. try running for a few minutes straight. you'll be tired and almost out of breath, right? now try walking slowly after resting for a few seconds, while also slowly picking up your speed. you might be more tired than the first time you ran, but you're still running. It's the same concept here.

But the real problem I have was how Brolina somehow still couldn't control her Broly Form so we have to get a cheap lespo/friendship moment ala Fairy Tail so she regained her control. It was so cringy, I had to take a break making dinner and eat it, take a shower and then while wondering if it was worth watching just to see how they excuse Potara Fusion (Spoiler: They didn't mention they broke a rule and nobody cares).
i don't see whats bad here, its just another pep talk and we've had a fuckton of pep talks throughout the history of dragon ball. also about the rule, grand priest was clear when he said he'll "make up shit as it goes", and its obvious they'd use the excuse that zeno will find it cool. and i mean, I fully agree, it's pretty fucking cool

also to be fair the rules clearly stated the following:

1) no killing
2) no weapons
3) no flight techniques

it didn't say "no items" , but i /think/ in a later episode they also said no healing items, but I'm not sure. a case could be made that the mafuba bottles and the potara earrings are weapons, and a case can be made that they're not.

So I did, and we got your average Super bullshit like a tired SSJG Goku somehow beating both Brolina and Caulifla considering Brolina overpowered SSJB Goku episodes earlier for a Broly reference. I know people will complain that complaining about power scaling at this point is pointless since Roshi is now stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks according to that, but there is way too much bullshit to ignore that.
Fucking Caulifla dodged SSJGs attacks despite being bodied by base and SSJ2 Goku earlier.
Kale overpowered goku with the berserk LSSJ form, which is obviously much stronger than her controlled form. also, it's goku, he probably has a good understanding of kale's movements, abilities, and whatever else after fighting her or watching her fight. goku is the kid who learned a technique that took the best and strongest martial artist on earth 50 years to master, after seeing it once. goku is the dude who went from barely being able to win vs vegeta (not really, he kinda lost), to beating all of ginyu force in the blink of an eye, by training for 6 days only. also, he's likely very warmed up right now.

and who the hell is saying roshi is on the same power of ssj3 gotenks? they haven't fought the same enemies so you can't really compare their power

as for caulifla dodging ssg's hits, she's pretty much u6's incarnation of goku so she probably got a feel for his pattern and adapted to it accordingly. also, she was ssj2. it's actually obvious during their fight that she was adapting as it goes

Then they Potara Fuse and we get reminded how limitless her power in base form (it would be funny if Goku defeat her himself regardless) is and that her name is Kefla (what a horrid name) like 3 times each so we actually remember it. It is a shame, because if you cut out most of those repeated dialog, the introduction of Kelfa without words was kinda cool and ironicly she has a cool design compared to her shitty fusion materials.
BTW, am I the only one noticing that, but did they retcon the Potara Fusion power boost too? In canon external sources it was stated that the Potara Fusion is a multiplier of both fusion materials, while now it is the sum of both multiplied by tens of times.
I like Kefla. what other name would she have? Kaleifla, Cauliale? idk, I tried finding a better name but legit Kefla is the best cuz its short, easy to remember, and easy on the tongue. I feel like you're literally pulling excuses out of nothing just to bash on super. the past ~3 episodes are some of my favourite in the anime so far and I absolutely loved them.

i don't see whats bad here, its just another pep talk and we've had a fuckton of pep talks throughout the history of dragon ball. also about the rule, grand priest was clear when he said he'll "make up shit as it goes", and its obvious they'd use the excuse that zeno will find it cool. and i mean, I fully agree, it's pretty fucking cool

also to be fair the rules clearly stated the following:

1) no killing
2) no weapons
3) no flight techniques

it didn't say "no items" , but i /think/ in a later episode they also said no healing items, but I'm not sure. a case could be made that the mafuba bottles and the potara earrings are weapons, and a case can be made that they're not.

When did we have "pep talk" throughout Dragon Ball like this one? It was also resolved in an instant making the entire scene pointless.
Kinda weird that there are no "no items" rule, since even in-series characters consider it as cheating. But ok, I guess I misread it month ago or something.

Kale overpowered goku with the berserk LSSJ form, which is obviously much stronger than her controlled form. also, it's goku, he probably has a good understanding of kale's movements, abilities, and whatever else after fighting her or watching her fight. goku is the kid who learned a technique that took the best and strongest martial artist on earth 50 years to master, after seeing it once. goku is the dude who went from barely being able to win vs vegeta (not really, he kinda lost), to beating all of ginyu force in the blink of an eye, by training for 6 days only. also, he's likely very warmed up right now.
There is no proof for that claim. If she didn't reach her full potencial, then Goku would have mentioned something regarding that. He didn't even look worried seeing the Broly Form out of control like he could take her on in his weakened SSJ2 form. Does that mean she got weaker in her uncontrolled state too?
also you tell me a weakened SSJ2 Goku can take on a Broly Form Brolina and Caulifla, tank their blows and regain stamina and excuse it with Goku having experience as a martial artist for years (despite him forgetting more than half of what he learned in Super and getting caught off guard every time)?
by the way, when Goku got this massive gains during the Namek Saga, the introduction of the Zenkai Boost also played a role which is a cheap way to make even a lost battle a victory and with a bag of Senzu Beans he could train without resting for days.

and who the hell is saying roshi is on the same power of ssj3 gotenks? they haven't fought the same enemies so you can't really compare their power
You can. Goku had to more serious in his base form on a brainwashed Roshi, who apparently did some secret training, while Gotenks in SSJ3 didn't even budge to Purple Vegeta who's base form.
We can say for sure that no matter which arc of Super we are talking about, it is Goku >= Vegeta without including Kaioken.

as for caulifla dodging ssg's hits, she's pretty much u6's incarnation of goku so she probably got a feel for his pattern and adapted to it accordingly. also, she was ssj2. it's actually obvious during their fight that she was adapting as it goes
adapting to a SSJG, which was teased to be this holy form (while foreshadowed and hinted terribly) because it has God Ki to fight Bills, feels and even is wrong. I can buy her adapting to his base, SSJ, SSJ2 form and at worst SSJ3, but not higher unless she experience those herself.

I like Kefla. what other name would she have? Kaleifla, Cauliale? idk, I tried finding a better name but legit Kefla is the best cuz its short, easy to remember, and easy on the tongue. I feel like you're literally pulling excuses out of nothing just to bash on super. the past ~3 episodes are some of my favourite in the anime so far and I absolutely loved them.
I think you don't get the point. I wasn't looking or asking for a better name nor use it as a point to critic the episode. I just think its dumb.
Ironicly, I feel like you are trying out your best to excuse everything about Super by overthinking a lot of the holes or inconsistencies and telling me how much you love them.
If I wanted to bash Super that badly, I would do so on every episode taking them appart in this comment section because there certainly is enough to complain about or even nitpik small things that don't matter like SSJG not being thin but just a pink recolor of Goku's base form bar the iris.

I was worried going into these past few episodes, no matter how much of a prodigy these universe 6 girls were they should not be able to compete with a full power Goku. However, I think there were several key points the episodes reinforced which turned these episodes from dodgy as hell to some of my favourites. To structure this I guess I'll go through each of the things I was worried about and then discuss how the writers addressed them (if they do).

U6 tingly feeling bullshit
When I first saw Kale and Kaulifla go ssj I knew it was just bs. In a day they were able to master a transformation that took goku and vegeta years to achieve. The fact that they mastered it through some tingly feeling shit was just salt in the wound.

From a consistency standpoint there is no justification for the tingly feeling stuff. However, we can justify the fact that Kale and Kaulifla could both go SSJ in a day just by remembering that they were both already more powerful than goku when he first faced frieza, they had reached the power threshold a long time ago to be a super saiyan. Plus they had both already seen what a super saiyan was. Its way more difficult to invent something than it is to copy someone elses blueprint. I dont like the writing for this (they should have established them as already having super saiyan) but its a fact that we need to accept until it gets retconned.

Kaulifla and Kale being able to go toe-to-toe with Goku.
This was the major one for me, Gokus strength in base should be far above the girls, regardless of justifying their quick powerups. From the episode previews it looked like ssj Kaulifla was even with ssj Goku, which was dumb.

The episode addressed this perfectly. Goku fought her in base and was pretty much toying with her while trying to teach her how to fight. When he finally decided to transform note that when they exchange blows Kaulifla is visibly overwhelmed. Not only is this the case, the writers reinforce many times that goku is heavily fatigued. Even when Kale joins in Goku handles them both as ssj2, until Kale goes full power beserk. Then we finally see goku use god form, and he decimates them, its not even a contest. Instead of boosting the supergirls strength beyond reason, theyre shown to be far behind even an exhausted goku. We also get confirmation that gokus been holding back in most previous fights which is awesome.

Kaulifla adapting during the fight seemed weird at first but given that the shows established how quick all saiyans, including goku and vegeta, are able to grow, this point becomes moot. The fact that Kaulifla was learning to be a martial artist rather than a brawler was due to goku basically mentoring her, which is something I like.

Potara Fusion power
Since the leaks came out for yesterdays episode I was worried. From what I remembered Potara should not come close to matching Goku in SSG, let alone SSB. Vegito didnt seen much stronger than Goku during the future trunks arc. The end of 114 worried me even more, Kefla was shown to be far faster than SSG in base.

To justify this you have to go back to DBZ, in the buu arc we were shown Vegito in base is far stronger than Buuhan, who himself is far above Buutenks, who is far above Mystic Gohan, who is far above SSJ3 Goku. This indicates that Potara fusion is way more powerful than a simple addition of the powers, which is directly stated in episode 115. This very much justifies Kefla being as powerful as an extremely fatigued Goku. We then get shown that Kefla is not actually stronger than SSB, even as a super saiyan, Goku is able to keep up with her as SSB and is actually shown as being stronger with Kaio Ken. If you pay attention youll also notice Goku is not 'defeated' by Kefla at all, the writers went out of the way to say Goku was NOT ready for Kaio Ken and that he would collapse if he didnt finish it in the next move. Keflas kick was simply the straw that broke the camels back.

Let me be clear that I dont think Supers perfect at all, a lot of the episodes previously have been inconsistent as fuck in both animation and story execution, it got so bad for me during the future trunks arc that I had to force myself to watch the episodes. However, this arc has swung things around for me thanks mostly to the past 6-7 episodes. The writers handle each episode really well and finally pay at least some attention to consistency. Its not even close to perfect and I'm not saying my reasons for liking the episodes mean that you should like them but I think we should all try and pay closer attention to the hints the writers give us before getting salty about the episodes.

Also the return of ultra instinct was awesome, they confirmed its unlocked atm by sheer force of will to keep going, similar to Mobs ???% in Mob Psycho 100, which means he still needs lots of improvement.

Also Im gonna list the stuff I dont like about Super, just because

-Roshi being at his current level of strength, he stopped being relevant before Z (if they wanted to use him it shouldve been from a strategical perspective like the mafuba)
-Gohan unlocking Mystic as a powerup instead of it being part of his base form, the elder kai specifically said after he finished that transformations were dumb
-The Potara retcon, especially when the time limit gets reduced even further because MUH POWER
-Kaio Ken x 10/20, the multiplier is just too much for any kind of tension in fights without ruining power scaling.
-Hits time skip "improvements", they fell into the classic 1-upmanship writing and ruined a good fight.
-SPIRIT SWORD
-NINGEN
-Tien becoming the weakest fuck in the world, they even took away his buff as fuck shoulders. The supposed reason for this is that tien is chinese and the japanese audience just hates him but I just want my guy back.
-All of the ROF fight
-The fact that they dont show blood any more, kids arent pussies you dont have to shelter them.
-Goten and trunks jr are both children still.
-This is supposed to still be within the 10 yr timeskip
-The arena is supposed to be made out of something more durable than katchin (which broke the Z sword) yet characters smash it up no problemo
-Goku is way dumber than he should be (they look to have fixed this during the ToP so thanks toriyama)
-Vegeta has reverted back to "blah saiyan pride" "blah must beat kakarot" despite his character development during Z.
-Vegeta still wears that same outfit, surely hed be more comfortable in something else
-Kelfas eyes as a super saiyan are an entirely different shape to her base eyes, its like the animators forgot what a character sheet is.

Also proposing we spell Kefla as Keifla, thats how its supposed to be pronounced
The return of ultra instinct was also awesome btw, they confirmed its unlocked by sheer force of will to keep going, similar to Mobs ???% in the current chapters of Mob Psycho 100.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I only recently picked up DBSuper so I dont really know much about power levels and retcons and stuff that apparently people get upset about ?_? but man, this most recent episode was really entertaining to watch.

Reactions: raf

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I only recently picked up DBSuper so I dont really know much about power levels and retcons and stuff that apparently people get upset about ?_? but man, this most recent episode was really entertaining to watch.
Man but I wanted UI to be so much cooler this episode than it already was. I know Goku can't bring out the full power until the Jiren fight but c'mon don't cock-tease me like this ;_;

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
People are upset mostly because it's watching our beloved childhood memories be bastardized and then continue to get bastardized nonstop. We like having these fond memories of some burly tough dude that is Goku kicking ass, and not some old granny that seems to be more retarded than that kid who thought using gachomp's banded eq against last mon salamence was a great idea. We liked being able to enjoy that nostalgia but now everytime we think of dragon ball, recency bias kicks in and we remember all the retarded shit that DBS is putting us through.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, the current episode filled me with joy for two basic things:

1) The "Kamehameha surf" was the coolest shit that happened in the ToP since the Mafuba against Vegeta;

2) All Saiyans except the protagonists are out. This is excellent, as seven episodes focusing on Saiyans fighting was near unbearable (I count Hit vs. Jiren as a Saiyan Episode because Jiren is nothing more than a Saiyan that doesn't power up). The non-capitalist purpose of this arc should be showing all the different styles of battling of the universes, but so far it's been only Saiyans and people whose powers feel like Saiyans. I miss the dogs, the shadow-sealing bitch and the guy that beat Tenshinhan, and there are a lot of other fighters that need the spotlight time too like the Namekians (they honestly need, as Piccolo also does, more than 50 seconds of screen time), the robots from Universe 3 and even Dyspo and Toppo. Before anyone reply saying "It's Dragon Ball, remember the fucking ten-day few mins Namek battle???". Yes I do, but in between that and the other ones, there were subplot scenes that distracted the viewer, not causing exhaustion. In the ToP, it's either Zen-Oh saying stupid shit twice for seconds, or Beerus and co saying stupid exposition for seconds. Hopefully the next episode feel different somehow, even though Ribrianne also feels like a God-forsaken Saiyan.

Though after the preview it seems Goku will fight Horn Imp, Thanos and an old man. I'm just hoping it will last as much screen time as Toppo vs. Vegeta or Katopesla vs. Freeza. Sigh... At least the bugs are showing up soon...

I thought I say something positive about Super for once. They didn't hand over SSJ3 to Kefla nor they used Vegito for fan service with him going through his SSJ forms one after another.

Kinda funny how limitless of a power Kefla had in her base form but went about even in her SSJ form with SSJB Kaioken tired Goku. Gotta love Super meeting expectations.

I actually tried watching episode with Ultra Instinct since I didn't watch the special, but the pointless exposition from Piccolo, Whis, Grand Priest etc bored me so much that I actually felt asleep. That never happened to me while watching an anime before.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This episode was not aa satisfying story-wise as the Roshi episodes but it fills me with elation nonetheless.

Can we count this as another elimination for Krillin even if he was on the sidelines technically? Love the married (with chuld) couple's love beating the pretentious magical girl tween pap so, soooo much.

I think this episode trumped all others for me, I had the biggest shit-eating grin on my face the whole time. Both writing and story-boarding were easily in the top 5.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Episode was very emotional for me :[ i'm not usually the type to cry at shows or movies or what have you but I definitely shed a few tears for u6. They grew on me a lot and I fucking love them and the interaction between beerus and champa at the end, with beerus looking straight and not saying a word.... meanwhile, me irl:

Also all of gohan/piccolo vs u6 namekians was good. the moment piccolo realized they merged all of u6 namekians with them.. that was creepy as fuck. we also saw for the first time ever gohan take a hit for piccolo and not vice-versa lul, makes you realize how far gohan went, and we finally get a gohan that's not a bitch. we also saw nail for the first time since namek saga and kami for the first time since cell saga..

and finally, the father/son kamehameha reminded me a lot of the broly 2 movie, and kinda reminded me of gohan ssj2 kamehameha vs cell too. it was an all-around great episode, and they even made me feel bad for u2 for the first time..

also the remixed version of the opening was a sick tune

Don Honchkrorleone

Well this was a bit... conflicting. On one hand, it had everything I wanted from a DBS episode bar less Goku: More Piccolo, More Androids, Vados being a dick, worldbuilding, excellent animation, cool and emotional fights, the idiocy of Goku not compromising a fight or the plot, character development for Piccolo, small but noticeable character development for Vegeta, character development for Beerus, PLOT PROGRESSION, Gohan doing something, callbacks that aren't forced, ripped Ribrianne, etc. It also made Universe 2 a bit more likable (although the only universe I disliked was actually 6 for the amount of Saiyan masturbation Toei put into) and it disappeared in a dignified manner.

On the other hand, considering we may get 5-6 episodes on Goku vs Jiren on the future, having the two plots felt rushed. I get the idea, but I can't help to think how much better it'd be if split into two episodes. Especially Piccolo vs Saonel and Pilina, making Piccolo kinda reluctant to fight Nameks on discovering the fusion would be really great for his underused character. I guess a monologue from Kami Sama or Nail while Piccolo was down would greatly improve the fight. Also, Universe 6 going down with another doesn't sit right with me, especially considering all (sometimes obnoxious) hype built on it since the 6 vs 7 tournament. If anything, although really unlikely, they should go out with 7 or a strong 7 member. And ffs why it had to be Goku who took out the Powerpuff (BAN ME PLEASE)s, even with 17 and 18's help? If AT LEAST they helped on the final blast I'd be more forgiving but fuck, especially since I feel 18 is going down next episode against the bugs.

I give it a B-. It's prob the best episode since the Master Kami solo.

This made my day. I love this.

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
The episode was great imo, other than the Universe 2 trio playing dress-up. That totally came out of nowhere, and was kinda meh. The Gohan + Piccolo sequence was great, Ultimate Gohan finally fighting like he should have all along. YES, WE GOT THE BUU SAGA GOHAN BACK!! Taking a hit for Piccolo was awesome, shows how much Gohan has surpassed his master.
Yeah, I felt sad when Champa was gonna get erased... God of destructions are accustomed to seeing others die, but we can all see beerus was infact sad at losing his brother. Typical Champa though, teasing his brother right before vanishing... surely displays the brother's bond.

All in all, this episode was great, far better than most of the episodes this arc.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Great animation, musical score and writing. Pleasantly surprised to see that a series that has focused solely on the same cast for the last two decades was able to get viewers attached to new characters. Beerus and Champa are great to watch and the possibility of U6 getting wished back doesn't take away from the weight of that last scene. 10/10

So glad DBZ is back

Sorry, DBZ isn’t back. This still doesn’t feel like DBZ at all, and more like your typical modern day anime. The pacing is way too rushed, themes and writing are too Naruto, and other things I have trouble explaining, but I’ll try anyways.

I watch Z, and later parts of GT, (love the whole going back to your roots to obtain your peak potential stuff, just like Z, it’s cheesy but it really works.) at this day and age, for work out motivation. Super feels like a generic ass shonen, turned way too many characters into flanderized versions of themselves, and there is almost 0 training scenes that made men love the show to this day. (Piccolo vs Gohan was literally the only time they really showed training, every other time was just way too short and way too bs. That part was the best part in Super) Doesn’t help that they are bringing all generic and pointless archetypes in Super for reasons I don’t know why, while Z just had beefy ass men tropes. Cheese that works >>>> writing that doesn’t.

Androids and animation were top notch as usual, but I swear, if they made the pacing like Kais instead of this either too slow or way too fast mess, this show would not only save on their budget because they just aren’t pouring money in for episodes like this and 66, (Interesting thing, goku vs frieza in Z costed less than the anime revival of f, we can tell which one is better) but this show would actually start to make me interested.

Last edited:
The reason why Toei managed to do more with Z with less budget is simply because they knew the correct budget cutting messures. SSJ Goku vs Frieza had a lot of repeated animation, but since they were during action pieces and were very short, the viewer didn't mind it as much.
Super uses repeated animation way too much and for some really long scenes for something like that to be effective.

Curious how they will manage to drag out this arc till march. Will they collect the Super Dragon Balls on screen for once?

Don Honchkrorleone

"You thought it was shiny bug man, but it was me, Kecleon!"

Loved the troll from Toei on Gamisaras and Damon. Other than that, this episode was pretty meh-alright but not as bad as the bad ones from this arc. I'm really disappointed that Katopesla fell to a cheap shot, he should at least have survived and fled. Piccolo was also cool and he didn't lose in a disgraceful manner (like Tenshinhan) but something feels off about Damom being eliminated by Goku and 17 and not by Gohan, and then Beerus didn't even compliment the poor Namek even though he eliminated a shitton of other warriors. Shantsa's power also was a bit rushed, I feel he could be more useful with the power of Illusions. The tension was cool tho, especially when 17 and 18 were almost knocked out. Solid 5,5/10 for me.

Also if I bet right, rip universe 3 and Gohan. And then we get into a damn halt where Universe 7 can just opt to not fight and win this shit OR it'll be Jiren vs 4 (assuming Goku vs him will be a solo and that Gohan will fall next week)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)