Gen 4 DPP UU 5-Team Dump

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

harsha and jirachee irl imo
DPP UU is one of my all-time favorite tiers and I cba to make threads for all of my teams so I just figured I'd post all of them in here. I promise I won't post any that are close to ones that are already in the Archive. I was gonna do this in RoA eventually but now I got nice place to put it so I got motivated to post it.

I used to have a ton of teams but I lost all of them when I switched comps ;-; These are ones I made from memory and used them in the last few UU matches I've played. I think they're kinda rusty but I think they reflect certain aspects of the meta pretty well. I'll probably add more teams as I go and I start to remember them. For example, I do have a rain team but it's been unsuccessful so far and isn't as good as Smurf's regardless, tho it does use SD Ludi which is rly underrated.

Fiery n Spooky

Lately there's been a huge surge in Lead Mismagius, and while I can't deny that missy is a decent lead, she is so much better outside of the lead slot. That was a main motivator behind this team was that I wanted to use Mismagius out of the lead slot but I also didn't want to use NP missy either. So I rummaged around and found the bulky missy set, which is hilariously effective against cookiecutter UU teams. Since I was using a bulky missy set I decided I would go for a semi-stall team, which of course works really well with Spikes. So I put Qwilfish in the lead slot and he can usually guarantee me at least 1 layer if not 2 in most matches. I decided against Omastar because I love me some Explosion and I wanted Taunt to limit what the opponent could lay on my side of the field. From there I chose a Tomb + Toise + Rhyp bulky core as they have almost perfect synergy along with bulky missy and can outflank most of the tier together. In the end I wanted a really strong sweeper that made use of Toise's spin and Qwilfish's Spikes, so Moltres was the obvious answer.

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Qwilfish is interesting in the tier as a lead since he has a lot of Really Good matchups and none that he really just loses. Taunt is fantastic to trip up Uxie, Mesprit, and Oma leads and even if Qwil gets Tricked a Scarf they won't be able to set up SR, and Qwil can always then come in later and get fast Spikes up. Ironically Mismagius has a pretty good match up to Qwil since it can Taunt before he can and then threaten Destiny Bond, luckily i can just switch to tomb and take it out.

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP / 212 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

SubPerior is the best and only Rhyperior I've used for years now. While I do love SubPerior, Sub can easily be switched out for Stealth Rock if I need it, but usually a layer or 2 of Spikes is enough. The EV spread is the standard SubPerior spread to get 101 HP Subs and enough Speed to outrun min base 60s. Rhyp plays an important role on the team as the Bird and Fire check, and he works as a nice lure for Leafeon, Venu, and the other Grassers as well as Duggy.

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Bulky Missy is one of the best stallbreakers in the tier and the movepool is tailor-made to donk those sort of teams. Along with Tomb, the opponent pretty much cannot spin against this team, so I usually have hazard control. I also usually rely on Missy to break down stuff like Milo and Chansey to get them into KO range of either Tomb or Tres.

Spiritomb (F) @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Sleep Talk

Normally I would use Choice Band since Tricking it onto stuff like Milo makes sweeping with Moltres so much easier, but I needed the flexibility to fight off stuff like Alaka and Missy which otherwise run straight through this team. BlackGlasses also makes Sucker Punch and Pursuit almost as strong as CB anyway so there's not a lot of power lost overall. The last slot I put Sleep Talk since I needed a sleep absorber and Tomb is pretty useless outside of killing Alaka and Missy anyway. I thought about putting Wisp there but I decided to just leave that to missy after finding myself kinda weak to LO and Scarf Venu.

Blastoise (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Foresight
- Roar
- Rapid Spin

I originally had a RestTalk Toise here but I really missed having Foresight so I decided to just go with a standard bulky set. Toise is my glue for the team as he is my only real Blaziken and Azumarill check. I really wanted Toxic to make sure Milo or Slowbro can't just constantly switch in but I wanted to both make use of the Spikes that Qwil lays down and make sure shit can't use Toise as setup fodder, particularly stuff like RP Tort or SD Leafeon. Ice Beam could also do this but Roar also gets the nice shuffle feature, and Ice Beam doesn't do quite enough to Leafeon.

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Grass
- Roost

Probably the best sweeper with Spikes on the field, hands-down. Moltres's greatest nemesis, Milo, is handled pretty well with this team, and Chansey is also a non-factor. Thanks to Foresight Toise, SR will usually be off the field as well. That leaves Scarf Electrics as about the only big thing that can really cut Moltres's sweep short, but luckily they're usually played early and I can clip them off with Rhyp or Tomb. Not a lot to say with Moltres, just click Fire Blast and watch shit die. HP Grass is needed for enemy Rhyp and stuff like Kabutops and Oma.

Threatlist:
- Rain teams; these are hard for this team to really combat if I can't Taunt them quick enough (Trode says lol to that most times), and Toise and Tomb are about my only checks to stop them from running straight through me. If they have Ludi, which they will, I'm usually in trouble if I can't switch smartly or clip them off with Tomb.
- Leafeon and Houndoom; faster than Tres and hit like mofos, Lum Berry versions of Leafeon usually can run through me if I Wisp them with Missy and Doom just gets a free NP against most of my team. I have to play really carefully if I suspect they might be packing either one of these guys, which usually consists of keeping either Missy or Rhyp at full health.
- Scarf Electrics; I had Duggy in Rhyp's slot for the express purpose of making sure that these could be handled well enough, but Scarf Rotom was still a problem anyway. Rhyp is at least immune to Tbolt and doesn't really mind getting Tricked a Scarf if it comes to it. If they use Shadow Ball to try and get past Rhyp they'll just get clipped off by Tomb.
- Blaziken; I think Blaziken is a threat for most teams, but this one is a little more exposed to it than most due to having to rely on Toise to check it aside from Tres.

Qwilfish (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP / 212 Atk / 164 Spd
- Substitute / Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SAtk / 176 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Spiritomb (F) @ BlackGlasses
Trait: Pressure
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Sleep Talk

Blastoise (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Foresight
- Roar
- Rapid Spin

Moltres @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

VILLAGE CRUSHING

I made this team with the sole intention of using Ursaring, and I figured the best way to do that was to use a Normal Spam team. This is a very heavy offense team with almost no defensive synergy at all, but a lot of offensive synergy to lure out the threats I need to to give the bear the best chance possible of sweeping.

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Surf
- Hidden Power Grass

This is a standard suicide Oma lead to get as many hazards up as possible before going down. Oma actually has a pretty good matchup against most non-Taunt leads, and for like Qwil and Missy I'll usually switch straight into Venu or Blaziken on the first turn to get them out of the way. If it's a Trode I'll just Surf it as it Taunts and then RDs and then hit the rain sweeper with HP Grass before going down thanks to my Sash. That will usually give me a decent momentum boost to get a good 5-4 lead by Turn 4. Luckily Oma isn't a pushover and I can usually rely on it to come back in and dish out some good damage before going down if I needed to switch. Stuff like Uxie will get SR up but if they do that means I get SR and at least 2 layers of Spikes. Most things can't spin against Oma safely either which is a plus and will lure out their Top(s) or Toise for me to take out.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Hidden Power Electric
- Vacuum Wave

Went with the specially inclined wallbreaker since my final two sweepers are physical and the other 2 wallbreakers I went with are special, so I figured I'd go for special overload and then snipe the rest out with the physical overload. Anyway Blaziken's main role is to lure out Milo or Slowbro and any other wall they got hiding so I know what I'm dealing with early in the game. Unfortunately Blaziken doesn't lure out Registeel, but it does at least Regirock and the bulky waters. I actually tend to switch back and forth between HP Electric and Grass, it's really just hit or miss with what I go with. I tend to lean more towards Electric for Moltres but Grass is really nice sometimes for enemy Oma and Kabu

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

A simple Sub+3 attacks set is really good on a heavy offense team like this as it doesn't sacrifice momentum and gives it a tool to get pass stuff like Tomb and Houndoom, which are both good things to get out of the way cuz of Sucker Punch. Some people claim that Signal Beam is better than Focus Blast but this team plays fast and loose and I'm willing to risk the FBlast miss since the payoff is usually super high. Does suck when I miss shit like Absol though lol ;-;

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Trick

Scarf Rotom is my immediate Fighting switch-in and switches in nicely to a lot of the Ground-types in the tier. It's also extremely fast and makes for a good late-game sweeper and revenge killer in general. The slot was originally filled by Scarf Venu but Rotom just offers a bit more utility than it does and has a bit more sustainability thanks to not being reliant on Leaf Storm or Sleep Powder to be threatening. It is quite a bit weaker but that's not a huge detriment.

Swellow @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Sweeper numero uno, I almost always bring in Swellow first to scout with U-turn and see if the opponent is still hiding their Rhyp, Registeel, or Ghost. I choose to not use Protect since I can usually pick off whatever's on the field off the bat with Quick Attack or Brave Bird, and the opponent almost always plays with the assumption that I'll use Protect on the first turn. I use Flame Orb because when I bring out Swellow and am ready to sweep, a burn usually gives me more time than toxic poison. Burn is also usually nicer to Trick onto something than toxic. If the timing is right I don't even have to bring out Ursaring and just sweep with Swellow.

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

The village crusher himself. The power he possesses is insane, and the Speed with Quick Feet brings him to just under base 110s. The opponent normally cannot withstand two Facade sweepers after suffering the barrage from the other teammates. Ursaring needs Protect unlike Swellow due to the slow start Speed. Close Combat tears through Rhyp and Registeel and Crunch demolishes all of the Ghosts save for Tomb.

Threatlist:
- Swellow; Enemy Swellow have a pretty easy time against this team since it Speed ties at worst with Alaka and my own Swellow and outspeeds Ursaring, tho it does lose to Oma (if it's alive) and Scarf Venu. Very hard to play against regardless of the situation.
- Primeape; Scarf Primeape is especially dangerous if I lose Venu, and it can just U-turn around on my whole team until it can KO Venu comfortably. Luckily this guy is pretty rare, but SV likes using him and he's a butt.
- Arcanine; Offensive Arc with ESpeed is tough to play against, especially if it has Intimidate. It easily beats the 3 special attackers and does a huge number to both Normal sweepers.
- Scarf Electrics; If Venu is down, Rotom and Manectric really don't have a problem just blowing through this team. About the best I can do is hit Mane with priority, but Rotom is immune to both Quick Attack and Vacuum Wave. If Ursaring is at full health he can take a hit and KO them, but it'll leave him vulnerable to a KO from anything else faster or priority.
- Tauros; Is outsped by Swellow and Venu, but he outspeeds Ursaring and will win that one-on-one usually. Intimidate is also annoying for this team here as well.
- Spiritomb; Immune to Facade and neutral to Crunch, Sucker Punch also really hurts most of my mons. Luckily Alaka can usually lure it out so I know what's coming and let Venu or something take it out, but still rather annoying if he doesn't pop out until later in the match.
- Hitmontop; Intimidate + priority is a pain but Swellow, Venu or Alaka can usually take him out.

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Vacuum Wave

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Trick

Swellow @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Slow Hail

I always liked using hail stall and this is one of the best iterations I've used so far. Stallrein is just an absolute monster, and the defensive core of Queen/Top/Chansey is incredible. I knew I wanted to focus on a Stallrein sweep, but Stallrein is not infallible, so I decided to use Bluewind's offensive Curse Registeel in the last slot as a secondary sweeper and Normal counter. I also think that offensive Registeel is the only way to use it because standard stall Regi is just so easy to play around. Probably the most notable thing about this team is that it does not use a spinblocker. However, since Poison-types are so common with Qwil, Venu, and company running around, and spinning isn't that hard to begin with, I decided to forgo it and focus mainly on outlasting the spinners and then stalling out from there.

Snover @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Blizzard
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Bulky Snover I feel is the better lead in the current metagame thanks to the rise in Missy leads and stuff like Oma and Qwil being pretty common. Blizzard + Ice Shard actually comes close to KOing most frail leads, but not having Protect can suck against stuff like Fake Out Ambi or Choice Scarf Venu. Leech Seed is the best option Snover usually has if I have to switch it out and pairs nicely with Protect and hail. I like Energy Ball for its consistency but the power of Grass Knot can be nice for Milo and Rhyp.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 232 HP / 220 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute

Standard Stallrein EV spread but Surf + Toxic makes it a bit different since most people go for Blizzard, Roar, or Super Fang. I think Surf + Toxic is the best possible option since there are a lot of things that would beat Walrein if it didn't have Toxic, and Surf just gives it way more turns than Blizzard does. Toxic in particular is needed for stuff like Missy with Lefties and Uxie, and you need surf for like Registeel and Aggron. Toxic is also needed for when they spin away Toxic Spikes since I'm not using a Ghost on this team in order to spinblock. Not having Blizzard sucks for Toxicroak but luckily that's normally pretty uncommon.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Blizzard
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

The team's go-to Fighting and Rock resist. It might be weird to stuff both SR and Tspikes on one mon, especially for a stall hail team, but I've found that while Tspikes can win me the game if they lack a Poison or I can kill it right away, I usually only /need/ SR and anything more is a plus. That, and without a spinblocker and Poison-types being common, I don't have to focus on getting everything up and keeping it up from the start of the game. Blizzard + EPower is the best way to beat back most of the spinners in the tier and most people expect Equake over EPower. I have played around with Thunderbolt over Blizzard though which is really nice for when bulky Waters like Milo try to switch in, and it's a great way to take out Cloyster and Moltres.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

The best spinner for stall teams and it gives me a really solid Rock resist. Need Foresight so that I can fire off Spin successfully unless the opp is running double Ghost. I use Stone Edge in the last slot so that I can hit Missy somewhat reliably without having to stretch for Foresight beforehand, and is a great tool for stuff like Moltres and Scyther. Sucker Punch is OK but just lets the opp get a Sub up which is terrible for this team. I've thought about putting Toxic on Top since a lot of things that are immune to Tspikes tend to switch into him but again that just leaves me too vulnerable to fast Sub users when I can't afford to be.

Chansey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

The glue that holds the team together. No special attackers aside from like NP Missy or rain Gore can get passed her and she has great defensive synergy with Queen and Top. Need Aroma in case Walrein gets hit with status, and is useful to make sure the rest of the team doesn't get bogged down by Toxic or paralysis. Decided against Wish since this team doesn't necessarily need the extra healing, and Softboiled gets me instant recovery to more effectively fight off certain special attackers. I also wanted Toxic over Protect to give her a bit more utility and make her less Missy and Tomb bait. Need SToss so that she isn't total Taunt bait and the damage can really rack up when the opp is poisoned and it's hailing.

Registeel @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Probably the mon that makes this team worth using over other hail stall variants. Offensive Lure Curse Regi is usually so unexpected and even when unboosted Regi can leave a dent in a few mons that normally wouldn't mind switching into it like Rotom and Duggy. He also fulfills the team's requirements for a Flying and Normal resist, so he can come in early-game if needed and function fine in that capacity due to his ridiculous bulk. I have tried putting Stealth Rock on it over Explosion to open a free slot for Queen but it's so hard to pass up that Explosion which can take out some problem Pokemon for Walrein to get in and stall out the rest of the team. Shadow Claw is also an option over Equake or Explosion but it's usually not needed. Regi is also my only real stop to Leafeon and rain Kabutops, and thank to Occa Berry, it's also about the only way I can effectively take out Blaziken without having to sac something else.

Threatlist:
SubCM Uxie and SubNP Missy; If Regi is down and since this team is without a phazing move I just simply lose to these fuckers unless they predict wrong and switch into a Toxic, which doesn't happen. Thankfully, Regi can beat them one-on-one since Iron Head at +0 breaks both Subs against the standard spread and can also just boom to take Uxie out if needed.
Blaziken; Assuming Registeel is out of commission or isn't healthy enough for Occa Berry to help it, special mixed is very hard for this team to handle, but luckily if it uses Superpower on Chansey, then Top or Queen can just take it out or Walrein will be able to withstand the next one to take it out. Physical based has a tougher time with Top and Queen but is still pretty dangerous.
SD Toxicroak; Uncommon but it sets up totally for free on Walrein, resists all of Tops moves, and cleanly takes out Regi and Chansey. If it has Ice Punch, Queen usually isn't a good answer either. Luckily, Regi usually lures it out and can take it out at +1 with Equake easy enough so I haven't really run into an extremely dangerous situation yet.
Clefable; Clefable can be really annoying to take out cuz of its immunity to hail and Tspikes, but Regi or Top can usually take it out. The only real bad thing is that it gets to constantly pass Wishes if it switches into Chansey.
RP Torterra; Tort is kinda dangerous all around if I can't poison it right away. If Snover is still alive Ice Shard can do a nice chunk of damage and Top can usually keep it from getting too dangerous. I just have to try to get Walrein set up before he makes an appearance.
Dugtrio; Most stall teams are a bit weak to Duggy, and my team I think does a good job of keeping him at bay. Queen, Chansey, and Regi can all be picked off tho, but that usually just gives Walrein a free switch in to set up a Sub after the Equake and then just stall it out.

Snover @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Blizzard
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 232 HP / 220 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute

Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Blizzard
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Chansey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Registeel @ Occa Berry
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Fast Rain

Rain has had a long history in DPP UU as being one of the proclaimed "broken" elements of the tier. It is really hard for cookie cutter teams to stop and it thrashes a ton of other teams that don't have specific mons to counter it. My goal with this team was to try and make it as broke as possible by using a combination of standard and not-standard rain elements to create an extremely dangerous team. The main focus of the team is of course the rain sweepers Kabutops and Ludicolo, but what makes this team more dangerous than most is the late-game Electrode. Uxie, Registeel and Dugtrio are an amazing supporting core and are pretty standard for rain teams, but I use Regi and Trio a bit differently than most to suit the extremely heavy offense style of the team.

Uxie @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Memento

Uxie is probably the best lead for a rain team just because it's so generic and hard to predict exactly what it's going to do from turn 1. It's also almost guaranteed to always get Stealth Rock and Rain Dance set up for the match against every lead save for a couple Taunt leads like Missy. The main strategy with Uxie is set up Stealth Rock turn 1, set up Rain Dance, and then Memento. The extremely slow Speed of this Uxie is to try and ensure that Memento will go after the opponent uses U-turn, crippling whatever switch-in they bring in and allowing for an easy set up or early KO for the rain sweepers. Memento also suits the heavy offense style of this team as it's not as concerned about keeping Uxie to try and keep setting up rain. The goal is to get it up and get out of the way. If only Uxie got Explosion...

Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Low Kick

Main sweeper number 1 is probably the most dangerous of the rain sweepers just because it's so hard to switch into, meaning whatever you choose to bring it in on is going to die. If you can find the time to Swords Dance after Uxie Memento's it's basically GG right there. I chose Low Kick over Aqua Jet so that Kabu can get Registeel without losing momentum, and dying to something like Blaziken's Vacuum Wave isn't that detrimental since it's not like anything that can KO it like that is going to switch in. Plus, that priority is about the only one that Kabu needs to really worry about since it resists Fake Out, Quick Attack and ESpeed and doesn't really fear Bullet Punch or unboosted Sucker Punch. Stone Edge could be replaced with Aqua Jet since I'm using Waterfall nearly every time and the priority is nice in certain situations, but Stone Edge is just really nice to get a decent hit on the Grasses and Waters, particularly Venu and Milo and weakening Tangrowth.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Rain sweeper number 2 and probably what makes this team so dangerous. When people see Kabu and then see Ludi they'll almost always expect it to be the special sweeper. SD Ludi is probably "worse" in the grand scheme of things, but when the opponent almost always switches in Chansey only to meet a Waterfall it's definitely worth it. Ludi also gets a totally free SD on Milo and a +2 Ice Punch cleanly 2HKOes Tangrowth after SR while it can only 2HKO in return with an inaccurate Power Whip. Very few teams can keep their cores intact from a double physical rain sweep.

Registeel @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

As with my hail team, the only Regi worth using is an offensive one to limit the number of Pokemon that can switch into it and cause trouble. It really doesn't need any more bulk than max HP to tank the attacks it needs to get Rain Dance set up or Explode. Shadow Claw + Iron Head removes a lot of trouble Pokemon like Rotom, Missy and Dugtrio that think they can be cool and switch in. Rain Dance is there so that Ludi and Kabu can continue a sweep or for Electrode's Thunder. Typically Regi will just be there to remove a problem mon with Explosion and open the door for Trode to come in and finish the game. Regi is also usually my sleep fodder if i need something to take it.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Stone Edge

Dugtrio is my Thunder Wave and general Electric remover for the team. Depending on the team I'm facing I'll switch Duggy immediately into the opponent's Registeel and remove it. I know some people /hate/ CB Duggy because it gives some mons like Missy and Rotom a free switch in, but I just hate bypassing the extra power it brings and because this is a heavy offense team that needing to switch out usually isn't a huge deal and Duggy usually doesn't have a problem getting back in if it's forced out and remove the problem mon, particularly if it is something like Missy. Duggy is also a really good check to shit like Toxicroak that try and be cute and counter my rain sweepers.

Electrode @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Naive Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rain Dance
- Explosion

Probably the best late-game sweeper possible for this team as it doesn't need rain to be effective and still outspeeds basically the whole tier and keeps the same power level. Thunder sucks outside of rain but it's still "doable" which is why I'll try to get rain up with Regi before bringing him in. Signal Beam is definitely an option over Explosion or Rain Dance but Hidden Power Ice takes out most of what it needs to and Explosion is beautiful if I still have Regi or Duggy alive and need to take something out, particularly something like Alaka, Lanturn, or Clefable. Rain Dance is there in case Ludi or Kabu are still alive and it's not like there's something more useful to put in that slot except for something like Substitute, but the use that has is really small. No use in not running max Speed on this thing to Speed tie other Electrode, however uncommon that may be, since it's not like the extra HP EVs are really gonna do anything.

Threatlist:

Scarf Fighting-types: Scarf Primeape in particular outside of rain can be really dangerous since he outspeeds the whole team outside of rain and OHKOes basically everything save for Registeel (has a small chance of OHKOing Electrode w/o SR). Luckily, he's rare.

Multiple Priority + Scarfer: The most common threat to this team is multiple priority users on a team, particularly shit like Sucker Punch Absol, ESpeed Arc, and Sucker Punch Toxicroak all on the same team. The team doesn't really have a way to dodge any of it, but Duggy or Regi can usually take out the problem users and Ludi and Kabu are typically bulky enough to tank one or two, but if they're used at the right time it can be really hard to play around and opens a sweep for one of their sweepers like Swellow or Scarf Rotom/Manectric.

Toxicroak: Can tank almost everything from Ludi and Kabu and gets a free SD if they switch. Duggy and Trode can revenge kill but he can be really tricky to play around if I let him get an SD. Luckily a +2 Stone Edge from Kabu will almost always OHKO after SR and a +2 Sucker Punch only does 71.7 - 84.7% to Kabu (Low Kick will OHKO after SR or LO) in return.

Tangrowth and some Venusaur: A well-played Tangrowth can really sap the momentum of this team and turn the tide against it. A +2 Ice Punch from Ludi 2HKOes but it can Sleep Powder in return, it doesn't fear anything from Regi, Kabu, or Duggy save for Explosion from the former, and Trode can only 2HKO with HP Ice. Scarf Venu can be really annoying for this team especially out of rain but usually Regi can handle it.

Uxie @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Memento

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Low Kick

Registeel @ Damp Rock
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Stone Edge

Electrode @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Naive Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rain Dance
- Explosion

Pixie Menace

Probably currently my "best" team, which while unfortunately having a negative tournament record, the losses are due to hax and misplays on my part 9.9. That said, this team is definitely one of my most solid teams, offering a ton of possible counterplay against opponents and featuring what I consider to be one of the most dangerous late-game sweepers available in the tier.

Omastar @ Rindo Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Surf
- Earth Power

Bulky Oma Lead is a bit interesting to play with if you're not used to it, since the idea is mostly to get SR up right away, like any other Oma, but depending on the lead you're facing, you want to try and save it for later in the match since Oma actually has really good physical bulk with just Max HP and can be invaluable in staving off a dangerous Pokemon from becoming too threatening. It also allows it the possibility of setting up hazards throughout the match, depending on the type of team you're playing. Rindo Berry is needed to always survive HP Grasses in the lead slot, and switching it out doesn't totally invalidate its item, unlike running Sash. Earth Power is desired over Ice Beam or Hidden Power Grass here to better combat Qwilfish, Toxicroak, and Registeel, while keeping a decent hit on neutral targets like Cloyster and Venusaur.

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

A must for this team to ensure the elimination of Registeel, which will otherwise cause major troubles for Uxie later in the match. Is also capable of trapping a few of the Dark-types that give Uxie trouble, mainly Houndoom and Drapion, while also being able to eliminate Toxicroak, Chansey, Lanturn and various other Ground-weak Pokemon. Is also needed on this team as an emergency revenge kill against Moltres.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

The Mitey SubPerior. Extremely tough for opponents to switch into and allows Perior to severely damage otherwise good switchins such as Leafeon, Torterra, Venusaur, Blastoise, Azumarill, and Slowbro. Also provides the team with a needed Normal and Flying check, essentially eliminating Swellow, Kangaskhan, and Scyther as threats as long as it's still on the bench. Works as a pseudo-win condition should you need to bring Uxie out early, as it can sweep from its own power alone should the opponent be unable to prevent it from getting a Sub up consistently. Otherwise it's needed on this team to stallbreak cores that rely on Registeel/Clefable/Weezing or Venu/Milo/Arc.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

The secondary physical attacker check on the team, and an essential spinning component as well. While the spinning isn't necessary for Uxie to sweep since it's only affected neutrally by SR, the rest of the team is grounded and needs the ability to counterplay and switch effectively, meaning Spikes must be removed for the rest of the team to function. If Spikes are a non-factor, Top can then be used a bit more aggressively, meaning Toxic and Stone Edge will likely get clicked more often than Close Combat in order to chip off and weaken its normal switch-ins, particularly Mismagius and other Ghosts, and Moltres.

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Energy Ball
- Leech Seed / Sludge Bomb

SpD Venu is pretty underrated, and is probably one of the best special walls in the tier. While this slot should probably be filled by Chansey or Clefable, Venu packs two essential qualities over them: Sleep Powder, and the ability to not just cave to physical threats, particularly Donphan, Rhyperior, and Fighting-types. Unfortunately, this comes at the cost of being unable to switch into Moltres, which is probably the biggest weakness on this team. Fortunately, Venu walls/checks more special attackers than anything else in the tier (aside from Chansey/Clefable) while taking up only one team slot, including other Venusaur, Milotic, Mismagius, Rotom, and rain teams. Alakazam, Houndoom, and the aforementioned Moltres are issues, but none want to switch directly into Venu.

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 188 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

The star of the team. Uxie has two possible functions on this team: set up and sweep, or check and eliminate Moltres, depending on how the game goes. How Uxie checks Moltres is the following: the EVs allow it to switch into Fire Blast, boost with Calm Mind and avoid the 2HKO (even after SR), and then eliminate the bird with Thunderbolt (if it survives it'll kill itself with LO the same turn). Uxie possesses three unique qualities that make it a fantastic late-game sweeper: great Speed, insane bulk, and a general apathy to hazards. Uxie's bulk at +1 cannot be understated, and will allow it to set up a Substitute on a whole fuckload of things. Hopefully, if you didn't need to use it to beat off Moltres, you should only be bringing Uxie in once Registeel and the Dark-types have been removed from the match. Once out, depending on what you bring Uxie out on, you should typically get Sub up first to protect him from status, and then proceed to Calm Mind up to a sufficient level to sweep the opponent. Psychic/Thunderbolt is unresisted in the tier apart from Shedinja, which is unseen, and is the best 2 move combination to move forward with as the things that normally wouldn't mind, like Chansey, should be gone already if its teammates do their job.

Threatlist:

Moltres: The team possesses no strong switch-ins to the bird should it get in safely (which is really, really hard for it to do, but possible) and requires you to sacc Uxie to "safely" get rid of it. However, Duggy can revenge kill, as can Oma if it's at full health w/ Rindo Berry. Rhyp also doesn't care if it gets behind a Sub. Like I said, it literally does not have a single safe switch-in on this team, unless Venu already burned its Sleep Powder, but it's tough to play around if it does get in.

Alakazam: With no priority outside Duggy's Sucker Punch and no Dark-types, this team has a tough time against Alaka, particularly offensive Calm Mind versions. Duggy does Speed tie and has Sucker, and Uxie can check Choiced Alaka, but a well-played Alaka will tear this team apart. The best way to play against one is to get set up before Alaka can get in.

Curse Registeel: The team has no boosters other than Uxie, which if played right can win the one-on-one, but Duggy, Top, Oma, or Rhyp can't remove it if it boosts on the turn they come in (Top and Rhyp juuuuuuuust miss out on the 2HKO against +1 then +2). However, it can only boost against Venu, and that's only if Venu hasn't burned Sleep Powder and/or also misses Leech Seed.

Rain: This team possesses no Twave and 3 pretty Water-weak Pokemon, but rain has a really hard time against Venu, and Uxie can combat most of the rain sweepers, especially out of rain.

RP Tort and Leafeon: Pretty dangerous, especially if running Leech over Sludge Bomb on Venu, but Top, Uxie, and Venu all check them pretty effectively. This one mostly comes down to whose the better player.

Omastar @ Rindo Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Surf
- Earth Power

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 188 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Energy Ball
- Leech Seed

Last edited:
team 1: definitely use sr on rhyperior, moltres is a real dbag if it can switch in and out as it pleases. i would also give blastoise some sdef, it helps not only with switching into molt but also in tanking things like lo rotom tbolt when youre staying in after its been foreisghted on the switch to get your spin off. you definitely dont need max def anyway.

team 2: scarf rotom over venusaur seems to fix a lot of your issues and it happens to spinblock for your spikes, worth trying. i dont think losing a dedicated sleep absorber really matters, you do have two toxic orb dudes.

team 3 will be fine as long as you keep momentum so you can take out what you need to with registeel and get walrein going before your opponent sets up. not being secure against everything is the cost of using hail, but man oh man when you unleash the walrus its so worth it.

nice teams ;]

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ugh I hate sacrificing SubPerior since it's a really nice lure on the team but ya I do need SR. I'm wondering if there's a better EV spread to use on Perior then. I've been using the SubPerior spread even when not using Sub because I like it so much and it hits a good Speed tier. I'll have to play around with different spreads on Blastoise too. Like I was saying on PS I'll probably also try out Tops>Perior and Milo>Toise eventually which I think gives me a little more room to switch around, tho it might open me up a bit more to Electrics.

Didn't even consider Rotom over Venu on the second team but ya that sounds great as long as I can lure out Tomb/Absol/Doom with Alaka before I bring it out. But ya it probably is a better cuz of the spinblock and an answer to stuff like Primeape and it gives me a better answer for Top and Tauros. I'll have to try it out.

Thanks bb

I'll also have to work out my gayass rain team a bit more and post it.

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
Updated this with my rain team I've finished tweaking. Overall really happy with it, also updated the other teams with BKC's suggestions.

its been like 2 years, but as a kinda new DPP UU player, will you ever do more of these team dumps? I love to see the thought process to help my own building skills when I build. Anyways, cool teams, and the first 2 and the last are pretty solid, having used them against Donny P and winning for the most part. Anyways, have a great day!

Oglemi

Borf
its been like 2 years, but as a kinda new DPP UU player, will you ever do more of these team dumps? I love to see the thought process to help my own building skills when I build. Anyways, cool teams, and the first 2 and the last are pretty solid, having used them against Donny P and winning for the most part. Anyways, have a great day!
I haven't really built since I made my last post, so probs not unless I ever get the motivation to hang out on discord a lot and start playing some more. Thanks for the compliment! Glad the teams still hold up, although honestly I'm surprised if the first one does consistently anymore lol, i'd personally tweak it a bit myself now but eh. Double ghost i think was nice in theory but the team feels too slow for wanting to sweep with Moltres.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)