DPP Cup III - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

DPP Cup!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here
  • Standard DPP OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean. Jirachee was here, TDK sucks!

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
Pairings:

created by the not-so-awesome tier leader, TDK :

( Dread Arceus vs. PDC ) vs. Jimmy Turtwig
Asim12 vs. Analytic
Groudon. vs. soulgazer
Texas Cloverleaf vs. Specterito
zf vs. Lcans
H-C vs. Void
Eremita vs. GOAO
Marshall.Law vs. ( ToF vs. Nelson )
Animelogy vs. ( Reymedy vs. reyscarface )
babidi1998 vs. ( Oibaf cune vs. Jirachee )
z0mOG vs. Adam the first
Level 56 vs. John
Reymaki vs. Tamahome
Chirac vs. HT
Hax the Gam3 vs. ReshiRampage
Christo vs. ( Smurf. vs. Energy )
Ron; vs. Hamhamhamham
Triangles vs. FlamingVictini
Magellan vs. ( august vs. Steven Snype )
( shade vs. aim ) vs. Lemaitre
ZoroDark vs. Eo Ut Mortus
H.M.N.I.P vs. CyberOdin
HSA vs. MetalGro$$
Century Express vs. badabing

DEADLINE: Sunday May 7th 2017, 23:59 EDT.
EXTENSION DEADLINE: Thursday May 4th 2017, 23:59 EDT.

Last edited:

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Once again Activity Win Request

As I stated in my previous post, Reymedy took 3 days to even reply to my initial contact, then instead of talking with me regarding potential times he just said Saturday and Sunday at around tour time. I asked him 10 minutes after he said this to give me a concrete time and day to avoid problems, and he ignored this. After waiting 3 hours for him to reply thinking he might have gone afk, I notified him I could not play on Sunday but that Saturday was fine.

Come Saturday, contrary to what Reymedy would lead you to believe in his activity post in the last thread, I was indeed on from 2 PM EST to 8 PM EST which covers time before, during, and after tour time (4 PM EST). I have evidence of this as I played for the circlejerk tournament and for tour R1 as well, opponents were Kushalos and Leftiez if you want to ask them. Hell in Kushalos's case, he even was the one to PM me in Smogtours, so I wasnt on an alt or he wouldnt have been able to contact me. Reymedy put 0 effort in 1) scheduling, and after half-assedly scheduling, also 0 effort in 2) getting it done as proven by his inability to contact me while I was on Smogtours playing for other tournaments.

Reymedy also says he was on for a full hour, starting from 4 PM EST (tour time) to 5 PM EST. What he conveniently forgets to outline is that at least 30-40 minutes of that "full hour" he was on, we were both playing for R1 of the weekly tour, so we couldnt have even gotten it done during that time. Hell, this would not be a problem if he stayed on for a bit longer, considering *HE* is the one who said AROUND tour time instead of saying 4 PM EST exactly, which I would have preferred anyways but yeah he didnt do it. Also, Reymedy joined the tour to (I assume) win it, which means he had at the very least 2 hours to spare if he kept winning tour rounds. He, however, left after 1 hour instead of just moving his mouse over to my name and PMing me "Im here for DPP Cup".

After we got the extension, again, I had to initiate contact with Reymedy as he wasnt interested in starting the talk.

[2:11 PM] reyscarface: When can you play for our extension.
[2:46 PM] Reymedy: between 7 and 9 my time usually during the week
[2:46 PM] Reymedy: and for the week-end, depends whenever it's scheduled

I let him know that those 2 hours are nigh impossible for me, as I have school and leave after 9 PM his time. He wasnt willing to compromise and said "later than that isnt an option, I need my sleep". Just like I didnt ask him to play during work, it would be ridiculous to ask me to play as I am working at the hospital. Giving me 2 hours to work with during a weekday when we have a 7 hour timezone difference is honestly laughable. And after a lot of back and forth the conversation ended with this:

[2:51 PM] Reymedy: not gonna waste more time talking
[2:52 PM] Reymedy: deal with my schedule
[2:52 PM] Reymedy: peace

So yeah, I have actually tried my best to get this game done, from being the one that has been proactive and tried to contact him every single time, to trying to set a day and time, to trying to compromise on a time during the weekday after HE left on Saturday. I have no idea what else I can do, and this behaviour from a TD is honestly ridiculous. So yeah, asking for the activity win.

This activity post has been sponsored by Finchinator.

hopefully we can have an extra day. if not i have to take the activity win. though I had finals, Smurf hasn't tried at all to schedule in the time I've been available.

LOOL i messaged this guy on Tuesday trying to schedule a time and he didnt reply.... nice try bud. I note you also logged in to stours and then hopped off promptly when you saw me on.

If we're playing at my convenience i'll see you at 7:00pm my time today. If not I'm making an Activity Win Request due to being available the entire period of the round, which is more than you being available for 3 days.

Last edited:
Played terribly vs aim and deserved to lose, ggs. extremely disappointed in myself

overall had fun competing in my first tour though, guess its back to the mountains for now

Uhh yeah laurel 1.5 hrs from circa-10am is not "7:00pm today gmt +10"... not really much point in you messaging "gtg pls be ready in 1.5 hrs".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)