Doubles Teambuilding Shop V2 (DOU, DUU, DUbers building open)

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

GreenGogoat built me this team a couple weeks ago. I really like it so you can take down my request.
This team runs genies which I never use but after battling with them I have found lando+thundy to be a good core. Gogoat choose an interesting SpA Lando set which is better for this team than the standard because it improves my Aegislash match up and Lando match up.
Choice band Hippowdon is my favorite part of this team. All my other hippowdons have been support with roar and just to offer sand. This 4attack Banded Hippowdon is always way stronger than people expect it to be and he has nice bulk as well.
I changed a Amoonguss to rocky helmet for a better kang match up and excadrill to sash because hes frail af to so many common things.
Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Telepathy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 148 HP / 28 Def / 180 SpA / 32 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Hippowdon @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang

Excadrill (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

well, since a designed builder didnt exactly take up the request, i'll keep it open. glad you got your team tho. you can also ask for something else instead of just scratching it, n1n1

Hi everyone, I made a request a looong time ago and nobody has taken it. Are there any problems with it? Should I change something?

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Hi everyone, I made a request a looong time ago and nobody has taken it. Are there any problems with it? Should I change something?
Ah sorry, didn't realize that was a dubers request when I first saw it cause of hoopa. Try this one out:
Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch

Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Gravity
- Skill Swap
- Hypnosis

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Eruption
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect
As with all tr, your goal is to dent the opponent as much as possible during tr so your opp can't retaliate, or to get into a position for a second tr set. Ygod can also set twind on the last turn of tr to extend your sweep. Hoopa only dies to xern, kang, ray, ho-oh, so you can lead kang hoopa so long as your opp doesn't lead with 2 things that ko hoopa. If you think they will, lead kang bronzong. Skill swap on zong is for resetting weather for ogre and pdon, gravity for helping pblades and hypnosis. Sorry for the delay, hope the team's alright.

Thank you very much man, the team seems really cool. I'll go and try it out right now lol. Also, don't worry about the delay it's all good :)

PoliLoco heey i've been working on your request, diancie+breloom, the team's actually ready but im not quite solid on it yet. the initial core is a bit challenging. hopefully it'll be up soon

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
n1n1
I know this request was already fulfilled by a builder who isn't listed, but I figured I'd provide you with a team anyway as I had a pretty different vision for how to go about it and liked the idea behind the core.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Encore
- Protect

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 168 Atk / 100 SpA
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
- Roar / Fire Blast / Protect

Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 23 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Fist Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 36 Def / 48 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Feint

Started off with the requested Mega Garde + Excadrill. The only sand setter I can get behind at all is Tyranitar, so I opted for a lure set to beat Lando-T and others. Rotom-C takes on Rotom-W, opposing weather setters, and provides a Ground-immune which is huge given 2 weaknesses and an EQ user. Then I knew the team needed a Fire-type to handle Ferrothorn, and still wasn't feeling too hot about the rain matchup since neither Kingdra nor Ludicolo are weak to Rotom-C's STABs. Volcanion was the perfect fit, it also helps with Azurachi and provides a sleep immune that can actually beat the sleep inducers. Finally needed an Intimidate user and Kang answer, and though I debated Lando-T here for a while, Hitmontop seemed to fit the bill better with Feint to break Wide Guard and its own Wide Guard to shield the team from Heat Wave, Muddy Water, and EQ.

Fast Encore Garde opens up a lot of free turns which is huge, and I opted for Telepathy as the pre-Mega ability in order to have another mon that Excadrill could click Earthquake beside. Nothing much to explain about Excadrill, no need for Jolly and LO hits hard. EQ cleans way better than Drill Run. TTar is where things get interesting. A Chople Berry set with Ice Beam makes it a nice Lando-T lure, with Stone Edge so that it can OHKO bulky Thund and Zapdos. Low Kick does a lot to things like Heatran and Mega Kang and generally makes up for Hitmontop's poor damage output. The last slot is a total tossup, I've debated Protect, Fire Blast, Roar, Crunch, TWave, even things like Hone Claws and Stealth Rock. Each has their merits but tbh Tyranitar will rarely be clicking the move in that slot regardless. Tect is tect, Fire Blast means the game isn't over against Ferrothorn if you lose Volcanion, and Roar beats TR which the rest of the team struggles with, so those are the three I'd probably consider most.

Rotom-C is rocking a set that I came up with for Rotom-H that applies pretty similarly here. The basic idea is Volt Switch > Tbolt to retain momentum after using the secondary STAB (Overheat / Leaf Storm), with low speed so that you can pivot more safely. The EVs maximize HP (almost), OHKO 252/4 Politoed, and dump in Def. There's probably a better set out there but in the limited testing I did (one ladder game and one game against n10sit), it worked okay. Went for TWave in third slot since the team had no other means of speed control. Volcanion's set is pretty standard, Sludge Bomb to avoid folding to Azu if Rotom-C goes down. Goggles helps avoid sand damage and also sleep immune. Fire Blast > Heat Wave was to take on WG Aegis and OHKO Relaxed Amoon. Finally, Hitmontop. Fist Plate + the given Attack EVs OHKO Mega Kangaskhan, the SpD guarantees that it can withstand a 48 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast, and the rest is dumped into Def.

It's a pretty strange team with only 2 mons above Tier 4 on the VR, but I know you've never been one to build within the box, so I hope you like it!

Hi guys! Im not sure if i need to do some kind of format doing this request, so please let me know if i have to do it.

I want to do something that can actually works with 2 things, Scyther with eviolite and Sableye. I tried a lot of stuff, but to be honest i dont really like used a lot of meta stuff, like Amoongus so if we at least can avoid him would be nice haha

Thanks!!

hey Muy Mad thanks for posting !

the thing about your request is, it indirectly breaks a rule from the list. the oneabout the viability of the request. while it's okay to not be "meta" , the submission preferably should be viable, while sableye finds a niche in doubles (quash, etc..) , eviolite scyther is a bit too off the dou format, so im afraid im going t scratch him out. if you'd like to keep just sableye, or add something else feel free to do so, but inform me so that i can put up your request

PoliLoco

Wyngate (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

flying ct (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Dark Pulse

So overall, i'm going to be blunt, I'm not too happy with how the team turned out, as it looks a bit better on paper. Diancie-Mega + breloom are the core to go with. While Diancie-mega and breloom are both strong individually, they posed a ton of issues when paired together, such as being fairy weak, somewhat steel weak (ex: metagross-mega, aegislash), and breloom's relatively low speed allowed things like flash canon taunt thundurus, steel wing talonflame to be a threat while they shouldnt. so overall i didnt quite like the synergy in the original core, but i think i've patched up a few weaknesses. i went with hydreislash because you have a dragon-steel-fairy core with them, plus the two have fantastic duo synergy, particularly in switching in with each other. you have taunt hydreigon to go against trick room, as losing earth power doesnt make you lose to steels nor fire types anyways. wide guard is to sheild diancie from spread, breloom apreciates it too to maintain sash and 4 speed on aegislash because i like actually hitting with aegislash before it goes down to an opposing shadow ball, but that's my personal preferance (inherited from my tutor kamikaze). aegislash also gives that "with a bit of bulk" that you requested. rotom wash also fills that condition, while giving the team a handy water type, switch in to sponge attacks, landorus and somewhat of a kangaskhan check. it also annoys keldeo which was looking pretty threatening at this point. it's also a direct answer to heatran and a levitator. talonflame carries tailwind because this isnt exactly the fastest team around, and is apreciated mostly by hydreigon and breloom. you also now have a fire/water/grass, fairy/steel/dragon team , which is the classical way to build around mega diancie. this team is still weak to some common stuff sadly, but it does okay. i hope you like it

hey Muy Mad thanks for posting !

the thing about your request is, it indirectly breaks a rule from the list. the oneabout the viability of the request. while it's okay to not be "meta" , the submission preferably should be viable, while sableye finds a niche in doubles (quash, etc..) , eviolite scyther is a bit too off the dou format, so im afraid im going t scratch him out. if you'd like to keep just sableye, or add something else feel free to do so, but inform me so that i can put up your request
Oh! Okey that make sense, i suppose that it dosent exist a list with stuff like “eviolite scyther” not allowed no? Maybe its to many thing to put them on a list haha

But ye! I would love to maintain Sableye and put maybe Suicune on the mix, i was running rest sleep talk but i dont have any trouble on changing it.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Muy Mad

Sableye @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 19 Spe
- Quash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Feint
- Foul Play / Knock Off

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 152 HP / 220 Def / 136 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 224 HP / 144 Def / 124 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Alright, I'm going to be real and say that I didn't expect to like this request at all, and almost gave up a few times because it's pretty different from what I usually build. Ended up with a fairly fun team that had moderate success in testing, so figured I may as well share what I was working on and hopefully you'll be able to do something with it.

Started off with the requested Sableye + Suicune, started off with standard sets: Quash / Wisp Sableye, Tailwind + 3 attacks Suicune. I knew the team would be hard pressed to get enough offensive presence, so I wanted to add on a setup sweeper to take advantage of priority WoW and speed control. First thought was SubCM Sylveon, which I've been wanting to build with. I knew the team would need redirection, so Jirachi was an easy pick. The team needed a mega and a Ground-immune, so ZardY seemed to fit the bill pretty well, and a Flamethrower set in particular OHKOes Jirachi for Sylveon. Finally, wanted an Intimidate user that could beat Thundurus and opposing ZardY, which were both super threatening, so I added Assault Vest Lando-T. Going back through the team, I was still feeling underwhelmed by the offensive presence, so n10sit recommended I switched to Trick Room on Jirachi and CroCune, which also allowed me to invest more in attack for members like Lando-T and ZardY.

Sableye lives any LO Hoopa-U Hyperspace Fury just in case Will-O-Wisp misses, with the rest in SpD, and I opted for Feint to break Wide Guard and Foul Play to OHKO Blade forme Aegislash. Knock Off is also an option for item removal, as is Recover, although that leaves the team far too defensive for my taste. Suicune's spread lives 2 Adamant Mega Kangaskhan Returns with the aid of Leftovers and dumps the rest in SpA, otherwise, it's "standard" CroCune. 152 HP EVs on Sylveon hits an HP number that allows for maximum Leftovers recovery and the ability to use Substitute 5 times instead of 4. 220 Defense when coupled with the HP investment, prevents standard Scarf Lando-T's Rock Slide from breaking Subs. The rest is dumped in SpA, although if you want you could move 60 SpA EVs to SpD so that +1 Sylveon's Substitutes aren't broken by Rotom-W Hydro Pump while still 2HKOing Mega Kang at +1. Jirachi's spread and set are standard, lives Talon Flare Blitz with the rest in SpD. I originally had Rocky Helmet, which is pretty nice, but with Trick Room, Safety Goggles felt safer. Mega Charizard lives a Lando-T Rock Slide and outruns Bisharp outside of Trick Room, and it carries Roost because without Charizard the damage output of the team is rather low. Lando-T outruns modest Heatran with max Atk and dumps in HP, EBelt guarantees the OHKO on bulky Thundurus with Stone Edge.

Not exactly a standard build, and I can't guarantee it'll win every game, but I hope you enjoy it!

Muy Mad

Sableye @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 19 Spe
- Quash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Feint
- Foul Play / Knock Off

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 152 HP / 220 Def / 136 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Protect

EVs: 224 HP / 144 Def / 124 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Alright, I'm going to be real and say that I didn't expect to like this request at all, and almost gave up a few times because it's pretty different from what I usually build. Ended up with a fairly fun team that had moderate success in testing, so figured I may as well share what I was working on and hopefully you'll be able to do something with it.

Started off with the requested Sableye + Suicune, started off with standard sets: Quash / Wisp Sableye, Tailwind + 3 attacks Suicune. I knew the team would be hard pressed to get enough offensive presence, so I wanted to add on a setup sweeper to take advantage of priority WoW and speed control. First thought was SubCM Sylveon, which I've been wanting to build with. I knew the team would need redirection, so Jirachi was an easy pick. The team needed a mega and a Ground-immune, so ZardY seemed to fit the bill pretty well, and a Flamethrower set in particular OHKOes Jirachi for Sylveon. Finally, wanted an Intimidate user that could beat Thundurus and opposing ZardY, which were both super threatening, so I added Assault Vest Lando-T. Going back through the team, I was still feeling underwhelmed by the offensive presence, so n10sit recommended I switched to Trick Room on Jirachi and CroCune, which also allowed me to invest more in attack for members like Lando-T and ZardY.

Sableye lives any LO Hoopa-U Hyperspace Fury just in case Will-O-Wisp misses, with the rest in SpD, and I opted for Feint to break Wide Guard and Foul Play to OHKO Blade forme Aegislash. Knock Off is also an option for item removal, as is Recover, although that leaves the team far too defensive for my taste. Suicune's spread lives 2 Adamant Mega Kangaskhan Returns with the aid of Leftovers and dumps the rest in SpA, otherwise, it's "standard" CroCune. 152 HP EVs on Sylveon hits an HP number that allows for maximum Leftovers recovery and the ability to use Substitute 5 times instead of 4. 220 Defense when coupled with the HP investment, prevents standard Scarf Lando-T's Rock Slide from breaking Subs. The rest is dumped in SpA, although if you want you could move 60 SpA EVs to SpD so that +1 Sylveon's Substitutes aren't broken by Rotom-W Hydro Pump while still 2HKOing Mega Kang at +1. Jirachi's spread and set are standard, lives Talon Flare Blitz with the rest in SpD. I originally had Rocky Helmet, which is pretty nice, but with Trick Room, Safety Goggles felt safer. Mega Charizard lives a Lando-T Rock Slide and outruns Bisharp outside of Trick Room, and it carries Roost because without Charizard the damage output of the team is rather low. Lando-T outruns modest Heatran with max Atk and dumps in HP, EBelt guarantees the OHKO on bulky Thundurus with Stone Edge.

Not exactly a standard build, and I can't guarantee it'll win every game, but I hope you enjoy it!
Wow, amazing talkingtree, this look awesome. I love all the picks, i will try it ASAP. I have to be honest im pretty new in everything so i had to read this text like 4 times to pick everything, and im sure im still missing stuff haha. Maybe i didnt understand properly but you used first Assault vest on Lando-T and finally put the EBelt, right?

Im hyped to use this. Again thanks a lot!!

can i get a team around fast sub aegi

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

seems really cool because you make amoonguss

Hi guys I would like u all to help me in order to create a new doubles OU team focused on Mega-Charizard Y.
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 88 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

I created 2 teams before aorund Chari Y but I want to see ur team options and decide the best :D. Thanks u guys! :D

talkingtree

large if factual
Hey ZetasRojas!

As Test Bot pointed out, Teambuilding Frameworks could be a good place to start if you want to build your own team. However, if you aren't super confident in your own team building, we'd be happy to help you out. Since Mega Charizard Y is quite common, powerful, and versatile, do you have any more requests or suggestions for the team? I can't promise that we'll be able to accommodate everything, but any more specifics could really help get an idea behind the team going.

EDIT: I'm also reserving the fast sub Aegis request, sorry it's been so long PocketTrigger

ZetasRojas if the teamframes dont satisfy ya, we may still build you a team. but like they said, charizard has a few options to be built in, like sunny trick room, venusaur sun, no venusaur sun, semiroom, etc.. anything you'd like?

I see... in both teams I have venusaur with mega chari Y so both pokemon are necessary.
My first team was: Mega Chari Y, Venusaur, Cresselia, Heatran, Hitmontop and Ferrothorn
My second team is: Mega Chari Y, Venusaur, Sableye, Scrafty, Rhydon and Aegislash.

I see... in both teams I have venusaur with mega chari Y so both pokemon are necessary.
My first team was: Mega Chari Y, Venusaur, Cresselia, Heatran, Hitmontop and Ferrothorn
My second team is: Mega Chari Y, Venusaur, Sableye, Scrafty, Rhydon and Aegislash.
so what i get from you is that you'd like a venusun squad. both squads look a bit bulky, altho they hold pokemon i do not personnaly find optimal.

here is a sun team that i made a super long while ago, but still find good:

Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat

Venusaur @ Wide Lens
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpA / 120 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Thunderbolt

CatDog (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

so basically a plain sun team. charizard is timid against what most people would go with (they like either modest, or bulky charizard, meanwhile i like to actually hit something before being hit). my venusaur runs wide lens, but most people like life orb. venusaur hits 220 speed with this spread, giving it 440 speed under sun, outspeeding deoxys attack, and i dont think faster things (jolly landorus, etc..) are worth ev-ing for. rotom wash is somewhat the glue of the team, and mostly its direct heatran answer, plus a levitator. it also aleviates the kangaskahn match up with its burns, and fills in for charizard when landorus comes in. terrakion here is your other heatran check, kind of talonflame check, and taunt user because trick room sucks plus its also fast. aegislash is a bulky steel type, which helps when trick room does end up being set, almost directly counters kangaskhan, provides wide guard from rock slide, and is generally a solid pokemon to have. landorus therian is the final pokemon, with some slight bulkyness in order for slower u turns, which i like the momentum they generate, and kind of a heatran, but mostly talonflame check. it's brought me great sucess and is one of my most used teams.

talkingtree

large if factual
PocketTrigger

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- Protect

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 140 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 132 HP / 184 Atk / 4 Def / 8 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 68 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fast sub Aegis makes for a pretty decent wincon on more defensive teams, so that's what I went for here. Some of the biggest threats to Aegis are Fire-, Ground-, and Dark-types, and Keldeo beats all of them and also takes on Kang which can deal serious damage, even if Aegis has a sub up. After those two, I knew a Tailwind user was needed to take advantage of the fast Subs Aegis can get, and Zapdos seemed to fit best, as it beats Talonflame handily and takes on bulky Water-types. An Intimidate user helps Aegis's subs stay intact, and Mega Diancie + Fire spelled a whole lot of trouble for the first three members, so Landorus-T seemed to be the best option. Went with an AV set because the added speed wasn't necessarily needed, and chose Knock Off > Superpower to help out the next member, Mega Venusaur, by removing Safety Goggles and allowing Venu to put more things to sleep, thus creating free turns for the rest of the team to set Tailwind, sub up, or recover health. Finally, the team needed some speed outside of Tailwind and something that could take on Mega Gardevoir, opposing Aegislash, and sub Kyurem-B, so at n10sit's suggestion, I closed the team out with Scarf Hoopa-U.

I added 4 more speed EVs to Aegis than suggested to outspeed Thundurus under Tailwind, but otherwise left the original set the same. Keldeo's set is standard, with Taunt to prevent Trick Room as I felt Quick Guard wasn't as important and Icy Wind's main targets are dealt with by Hydro Pump, Zapdos, or Hoopa-U. Zapdos' spread lives Life Orb Talonflame's Brave Bird + Flare Blitz, allowing it to switch in and defeat it every time. Between Static and Rocky Helmet, Talonflame is also likely to end up paralyzed and will only have about 10% of its health remaining after these two attacks, without Zapdos even needing to do anything back. 16 Speed outspeeds Bisharp, and the rest is placed in Special Attack. Landorus-T lives 252 Timid Mega Charizard Y's Overheat in the sun as well as two LO Talonflame Brave Birds, moves before Breloom, and dumps the rest in Atk for more power. Mega Venu's spread is analysis standard given Tailwind support, outspeeding Adamant Scarf Lando-T under Tailwind and living LO Talonflame's Brave Bird, with the rest in SpA. Finally, Hoopa-U is EVd to outspeed Adamant Scarf Lando-T outside of Tailwind and have a 50% chance to move before +1 Blaziken, with enough Attack to 2HKO standard Jirachi spreads with Hyperspace Fury.

Possible substitutions:
  • Icy Wind > Taunt on Keldeo, as many mons have middling speeds (Zapdos outspeeds -1 base 110s, Landorus-T outspeeds -1 base 130s)
  • Fire Punch > HP Ice on Hoopa-U, since the team has no other Fire-type moves to deal with Ferrothorn. I think it's covered well enough with Sub Aegis, Knock Lando-T, and Helmet Zap, but it's up to you.
I hope you enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)