Project Doubles Teambuilding Competition - ON HIATUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

This really looks like a Gen 6 DOU team, doesn't it?

Terrakion @ Groundium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Protect

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Beat Up
- Encore
- Fake Tears
- Protect

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 64 SpA / 20 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Disable
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blaze Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

I designed the team around the basic disruption / general cheese core of Whimsicott, Terrakion and Gengar-Mega. I opted for Groundium Z Terrakion, as it is able to nuke most of the things that often wall Terrakion (Mostly Aegislash I was afraid of, although you need at least +1 to get an OHKO on shield forme). Gengar's EV spread takes a specs thunderbolt from Tapu Koko in terrain if it is timid, and then returns KOs or outspeeds and OHKOs first if the Koko is modest. The speed investment is for positive base 120s. I didn't mind too much dropping from SpAtk because I have whimsicott to reduce the SpD of bulky targets anyway. These three things are all extremely weak to Landorus-Therian and Tapu Lele, so I added Scarf Genesect as a solid way of dealing with these threats. This gave me a pretty massive fire weakness, so I decided to add Heatran. I opted to run taunt Heatran over the substitute or triple-attack sets to give the team a potential answer to trick room, as pretty much the whole team has a lot of speed. As a result of this, I decided to use timid to make sure I could win (or at least speed tie) the mirror match. I then added Landorus-Therian to offset my Ground weakness, and decided to use scarf to utilise fast u-turn and outspeed and OHKO threats like opposing Gengar-Megas and Tapu Koko. It also helps in the opposing Landorus-T and Salamence-Mega matchups.

These kinds of teams are fairly gimmicky and most experienced players have an idea how to play around them, however I've always liked the amount of control it gives you over how your opponent plays the game. This build of the team struggles against hard trick room teams (assuming fake out + tr), in those matchups your best wincon is encore-trapping the setter and then disabling it after it resets the trick room. The team also most likely takes an L to rain teams without tailwind on Whimsicott (which is definitely a good option) but I preferred the offensive pressure provided by fake tears. In a metagame where rain is present, Tailwind would definitely be a better option.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy my team!

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I needed a schedule shift to adjust for my second session of summer courses and I forgot to update the building post with new deadlines, oops. From now on, voting will start at 8pm EST on Saturdays and building will start 8pm EST on Tuesdays. Hopefully that works for everyone, at least for these next few weeks!

Please vote for the user who built the team you feel deserves to win this week

darksylvion
n10sit
miltankmilk
Level 51
Silverwhiteblue
Test Bot #
Sir Scrubbington

As stated above, voting will close at 8pm EST on Tuesday, July 4th

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Level 51 edged out the competition this week, congratulations! His team and description will be added to the Hall of Fame.

Well everyone probably saw this one coming, but this week we're going to be building around Marshadow! This physical beast steals boosts and seems to be the answer to Snorlax haters' prayers, decimating it with a powerful Close Combat and bringing a powerful and fast Fighting-type directly into the spotlight. Possibly the most interesting tidbit about Marshadow is the mechanics behind Spectral Thief - when using the move, Marshadow steals any stat boosts the target may have before it even attacks, using the foe's own setup against them. This has proven to be especially potent with fast Swagger users, giving Marshadow a +2 Spectral Thief and leaving its target either KOed or confused. Its Ghost-typing and Technician also allow it to pick off Mega Gengar with a Shadow Sneak. Though it was only recently released, many people are calling for something to be done about this powerful strategy... let's make sure we're well acquainted with this new toy before any decisions are made!

Deadline for building is Sunday, July 9th at 8pm EST!

Well, here is a team that includes two new releases, Marshadow and Gardevoir-Mega in one!
Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 52 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 130 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Wide Guard
- Scald

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Heatran @ Firium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Marshadow @ Iron Ball
Ability: Technician
EVs: 226 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Feint/Protect

So, the team is semitr with rain. Rain for fast sweeping and tr for opposing twind teams! Marshadow has iron ball and 29 ivs in speed to outspeed heatran in tr and adamant nature ensures it outspeeds most zygarde in twind. Feint allows marshadow in break mons which are trying to stall out tr while marshadow's partner, either gardy or heatran can punch holes in the opposing team. Pelipper has wide guard for landos and opposing spread moves. Heatran has firium for aegislash or wide guard celestella.

I made this team for fun, but I ended up winning a room tourney and topping the ladder with this team in my BlessHax alt.
Proof of Peak: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B08hZ8mgRXkSU1pKR2hkOS1Zcjg
PS: The alts marked with green are mine!

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 220 HP / 152 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Swagger
- Heal Pulse

Scrafty @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 56 Def / 68 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- After You

Scarf Fini with Marshadow and a lot of things that appreciate the fast Swagger/Heal Pulse, Metagross at +2 is terrifying and appreciates a means of healing back up, Marshadow's Spectral Thief shenanigans appreciate it as well, and Volcarona loves fast Heal Pulse and a means of removing Landorus. Scrafty and Amoonguss are the glue of the team, patchworking a TR matchup and providing setup support for Volcarona and anything that Fini is able to Swagger up to +2.

Fran

formerly Frania
is a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion

love yourself

a team originaly build by Blaze45 that i helped him edit, he got to rain 1 on the ladder, i got 2nd. its a cool semitr featuring a couple underrated sets like sd mawile and specs peli, makes use of swagger kingdra + marshadow as fast mode, bulu checks tapu fini and resets terrains for bronzong, zong sets tr and gives free turns to sd mawile with boosted hypnosis. marsh gives strong neutral damage that is usefull for cleaning up after the tr mode, also checks lax.

Last edited:

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Tailwind
- Protect

Marshadow @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Return
- High Horsepower
- Curse
- Recycle

Tapu Fini @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 36 SpA / 188 SpD
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Swagger

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 64 SpA / 40 SpD / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Isn't a Ghost-type a Normal-type's best friend. Well, I think so, so I started the team off with Marshadow and that infamously fat Pokemon known as Snorlax. One thing that I noticed is that Intimidate is a problem against both these Pokemon, so I selected Tapu Fini to "swagger" the problem. Next, I chose Heatran because it's a nice pivot for Marshadow and helps eliminate those annoying Steel-types for Snorlax. Zapdos is there as a nice check for Water-types and Flying-types as well as for TW support. The last Pokemon is Mence because its Intimidate comes in handy when there is a potential Fighting-type move against Snorlax.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 228 HP / 136 Def / 144 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Nature's Madness
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Sludge Bomb

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 56 SpA / 176 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

This team's a MGard based balance that utilizes Marshadow as its sole fast mode, which surprisingly works out. Considering how fat the team is naturally, especially with Grassy Terrain, you can afford to not send out Garde for speed control until the later portions of the match, though if it has a good matchup, leading it with Intimidate support can work out well.

Usually, this team begins the match with Lando and another fat mon depending on team matchup, though Kyurem-B is something to consider leading Marshadow against. Pivot until one of the main breakers, Bulu or TTar, is able to come in and start firing off big hits. TR is usually set up mid game where Garde and TTar start firing off huge spread hits, and Marshadow is usually able to help clean up the fast mons left over with a ridiculously strong Sneak. I feel Bulu, a mon I have hated for the longest time, finally has a place in this metagame as Fires and other switchins such as Salamence become less common; try it out if you get the chance.

I've played about 10-12 games with the team but this is the only replay I have :s http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-601646572

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)