Project Doubles Teambuilding Competition - ON HIATUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
~ Doubles Teambuilding Competiton ~

Approved by Memoric
Welcome to the Doubles Teambuilding Competition! This is a weekly competition which you can join at any time. Basically, what we are going to do here is we are going to see who can build the better team, hence the name. Each week, I will post a core, set, theme, or Pokemon and then you guys will post an importable of a team featuring said concept. Along with the team, you will post a short summary that may include: your teambuilding process, how the team works, replays, etc.; it's gonna look like a mini-RMT of sorts. After a few days, I will close submissions and then anyone can come and vote on the team which they think is best. The winner of the week will get some sweet bragging rights while also having their team featured for everyone to see in the teams hall of fame :>

Rules and Mechanics

Here's the process of how this competition will be hosted
  1. Five (5) days of submission of teams and discussion. Post your entry on the thread, be sure to follow this format!
    Code:
    <sprites>
    [hide=Importable][/hide]
    [hide=Description][/hide]
  2. Two (2) days of voting for the winning team
Submitting Teams: Please include the following when submitting your teams. Post your enty on the thread!
  • Optional but recommended: sprites. Setting to choose "sprites" in the sprites category in this sprite converter (http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php) will help me TREMENDOUSLY.
  • Importable of your team in a hide tag
  • A brief description of your teambuilding process and how the team plays in another hide tag together.
  • Basically, that means you'll be using TWO hidetags in total.
It is recommended that you implement sprites (http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php), replays, or other things to improve your chances but you must have the two in the bullet points :]

If you're using sprites, place them outside of the hide tags, not inside them!

Discussion and Changes: People are free to talk about their and other people's teams in this thread. People can make suggestions to other people's team but only to an extent; while you can suggest small things such as a nature change or move change, don't change up their team's structure or rebuild it because there's a different forum (RMT) for that. This isn't an RMT thread.

Winning: If you win, then congratulations! You'll have your name and team featured on the DOU Teambuilding Hall of Fame yay.

Copying Teams: Please don't. This just ruins the fun we can get out of this competition and is against the rules. You'll be DQd from the week if you were found copying other people's teams. If you suspect someone of doing this, PM me. Hopefully no one would do this but take this as a warning.

On Bandwagoning / Namevoting: Please don't do this either. Don't just vote for a guy just because they have a ton of votes already or they're famous. Don't feel pressured to vote for anyone for any reason other than having the best team. If you really think a team is the best out there, vote for that team; don't let anything pressure you to do otherwise. Bandwagoning just ruins the spirit of this competition and isn't cool :[

On Suggestions: If you have any suggestions for this competition, feel free to PM me. It'll be considered but there are ultimately no promises if it'll be implemented though.

On Slashes: In play, you can only bring four moves; whatever set of moves you choose slashes is reflective of your own skill as a builder, and having slashes in a submission would be against the point. This is your own team; this isn't an analysis.

Tiers: A week is for DOU unless stated otherwise.

HALL OF FAME
XY Version
Week 1: Tapu Koko by miltankmilk

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 24 SpA / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Milotic @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Recover
- Protect
I thought metagross would be cool in this early meta as theres a ton of mence and a lot of the new ultrabeasts are either outsped by gross or dont appreciate its typing. Rotom-h + Tapu koko take down a lot of things meta struggles to break like rachi, aegis, celesteela and Rotom also has t-wave to slow things down. Next we got BANDorus-t which is a sick mon acts as a lando-t check and a soft check to a lot of things with band rock slide+ eq. Skymin does skymin like things by being really fast, flinching things and helping my rain matchup a bit. Milotic is here just to sit here, be fat and pressure intimidate users like mence and lando-t. Maranga berry helps it sit around for even longer.

Week 2: Tapu Lele by qsns

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 20 HP / 4 Def / 164 SpA / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Milotic @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Recover
- Protect
Life Orb Lele is an absolute terror to switch into, barring obvious Steels such as Aegislash and Jirachi, so I decided to pair with with Knock Off Deoxys-A, which has the obvious Psychic Terrain synergy, and Mega Gengar. I don't think people are giving Gengar enough credit in this metagame, as being able to pressure with Shadow Tag much more effectively the first turn it's out is fuckin nuts. Gengar reliably traps and beats Tapu Koko, which annoys the team with its excessive power and ability ruining Deoxys' and Lele's power. Hydreigon, something I haven't seen much of this gen, rounds out the breakers of the team with coverage that beats all the steels that cross its path, including Celesteela, the criminally underused UB which handily walls a good portion of the team. Scarf Lando is scarf Lando, run Jolly this gen for Deo-A. Finally, Milotic is a defensive pivot that takes advantage of the omnipresent Lando and the quite common Salamence. Psychic Seed is a sick item that immediately boosts its Special Defense if the Terrain has been set, giving it the ability to check threats such as special Salamence much more convincingly.

MemoNote: This was originally submitted and voted to win with Landorus-T having 252 SpA EVs, despite being a physical Choice Scarf set. It has since been changed to fix the spread, as the original spread does not help this Landorus-T set in any way.

Week 3: Tapu Bulu by Yellow Paint

War Paint (Tapu Bulu) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 5 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Predator Drone (Necrozma) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SpA / 116 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Moonlight

Exfoliate! (Heatran) @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Mama Jen (Kangaskhan-Mega) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Seismic Toss
- Sucker Punch

Crystallographer (Diancie) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Unsinkable (Wishiwashi-School) @ Life Orb
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water
- Ice Beam
- Endeavor
- Protect
This won an official room tour, so it must be good. Alright, I originally built around bulu+ tr grassy seed necroz, bulu gets a chance to sweep under tr and necroz acts as a very strong wincon. I added eruptran as a steel answer, z eruption gives me a way around wide guard and a fire move not reliant on hp. Mega Kang does kang stuff. Diancie is my mence check and second setter, diamond storm is absolutely broken now, it took a solid 40% from bulu wood hammer and exca iron head after two boosts. Wishiwashi is actually decent btw, it's has very good bulk and is the hardest hitting water attacker. Endeavor makes wishiwashi a huge threat even below 25%, and it meshes well with kang stoss and the other spread attackers.

Overall, it plays like classic full TR except necrozma can easily win the game if it gets free turns or if the other sweepers break down its checks. Thanks for reading!

Week 4: Celesteela by thebagman

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 72 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpA / 104 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 186 Atk / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Heat @ Firium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 48 SpA / 52 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Electroweb
- Protect
The team is built around a core of DD Mega Mence, Suicune, and wide guard Celesteela, a trio able to handle most things not named koko, rotom-w, or scarf xuriktree. The ever-complementary Rotom-H deals well with jirachi while eliminating flying pests like Skymin and opposing Celesteela, and the addition of Electroweb puts rotom in a position where its either managing speed, switching out to something named celesteela, ttar, or suicune, or guaranteeing some kind of damage output with Z-Overheat.

With plenty of speed control incorporated, and checks for normal threats already in place, the inclusion of the the mighty dragon dance weakness policy Tyranitar was the only sriracha this california wrap of a team needed. Sand is great for sashes, sun, and special defense, and while psychic seed is a fun option for turn 1 lele matchups, weakness policy is too alpha to not use, and it will end up activating in 75% of games (the key is to double down with dd the same turn wp goes off and have a slow, +2.5 rock sliding monster distracting the opponent from trying to win). Evs let it outspeed modest lele and ohko 93% of the time with crunch after a dragon dance. It will also live an aegislash flash cannon outside of sand.

Rounding out the team is scarf Hoopa, which is most used efficiently for sock-puppeting things turn one.

Proof the team has been used:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-493000188 (out ttar-ing N1n1)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-492991622 (vs Laga)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-495284461 (vs Blueskiddo with original sun knights)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-491539070 (vs Mizu with a garchomp)

Week 5: Zygarde by Yellow Paint
Lamprey (Zygarde) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Al Basty (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Disable
- Protect

Jetsam (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Substitute
- Protect

But a Kelpie (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Muddy Water
- Protect

Watercolour (Pelipper) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Protect

Clathrin (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
Alright, so this team centers around trapping and removing checks to celes, and then winning with celes. Paired with mega gengar, zygarde removes fires, steels, and electrics and can cripple threats like mence with glare. Groundium z gives a way around wide guard and is a great single target nuke. Kingdra rain is a secondary wincon and it really appreciates trapping for the zard matchup. U turn on pelipper allows for pivoting, specs lele is all around good. Matches can end up becoming extremely one-sided due to the winconny nature, but it's still quite fun imo.

Week 6: Hoopa-U by Checkmater

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Double-Edge
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 116 SpA / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Heatran @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Protect

make saud araq (Araquanid) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab
- Facade

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Jirachi @ Occa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Trick Room
- Protect
Semiroom squd with flames, jirachi + occa is the anti-trfiretorkoalspam tech, sky+mence are fastmode cleanup
Bloom Doom heatran is lit for slaying milotic or gastrodon or rotom-wash

Beat Stratos ladder and also slayed doubles jesus (first one is in replays, 2nd is not

Week 7: Mega Metagross by SableyeMyBae

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
- Protect

Milotic @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 4 SpA / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Recover
- Protect

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Quiver Dance
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Taunt

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect
So wanted to build around Mega Metagross and Milotic since Milotic takes advantage of the intimidate users Metagross hates and also helps with speed control thanks to icy wind. Volcarona beats many of the steel types this core hates and also is big win condition to the team. Landorus provides intimidate support, a reliable ground immunity and beats the other problematic steel types such as heatran. Tapu Lele boosts Metagross zen headbutt and Milotic Sp.Def. and Shaymin-Sky checks water types and flinchs everything.

Week 8: Mega Charizard Y by Arcticblast

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat

Jirachi @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
EVs: 244 HP / 188 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Storm

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
I wanted to get back into DOU and figured Teambuilding Competition is as good an inspiration as ever! I started with Charizard Y, a cool Pokemon. My immediate thought was "damn Jirachi would be nice here" because it checks both Psychic spam and Mega Salamence (which is exactly 100% of the meta from what I've picked up) in a single slot, while also doing the Jirachi things we all know and (I) love. For my third Pokemon, I wanted something else that can stand on its own and be a threat, and I decided to go with Tapu Fini. It's bulky, not hard to set up, reasonably strong, and improves my team's matchup as a whole against the other island guardians. CM + Sub almost won San Jose in VGC and I didn't really know what else to run, but the speed outruns Jolly Azumarill (which is a benchmark I often tried to hit on many Pokemon last gen). Landorus-T is just an overall useful Pokemon, and the addition of Groundium Z has solved some of its biggest problems. I attempted to go for a bulkier spread rather than running the classic Scarf (although I hear AV is meta?), with enough power to OHKO 0/4 Tapu Lele at -1. Hidden Power Ice is a guaranteed 2HKO on 0/0 Mega Salamence even with an Adamant nature and bulky versions are probably walled by Jirachi. Venusaur exists as a failsafe, being the fastest member of the team and having strong coverage on big meta threats, although I'm still a little wary of it because of its anti-synergy with Zard Y (depending on the opponent, Zard Y and Venusaur would be used at opposite points in the game in a perfect world, but Venu is pretty dependent on Zard). I added Celesteela in the last slot because I didn't know what else to run and because unhelpful user Checkmater stopped responding after I said I didn't want to run Trick Room.

Week 9: Mega Salamence by darksylvion

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Protect
- Dragon Dance

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Trick Room

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 176 HP / 80 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpA / 180 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
  • Team is built around double set-up of bulky mence which just wins against most teams late game and azumarill, well it does what azu has been doing since it's inception. I have been fiddling with play rough on azu initially since it gives it an excellent match-up against opposing dragons like mence but eventually I switched to knock off to 1 shot opposing rachi. Coming to rachi obviously it's just a great mon to have for a set-up heavy team like this and carries trick room enabling late game azu sweep if possible.
  • Next up I added AV Bulu to have a more than a decent match-up against bulky waters. The set lives a char-y heat wave in a pinch to KO it with stone edge. Nature's Madness is cute to drop switch-ins like celesteela, mence, tran to 50%. Now since I was feeling a bit weak to Aegislash, I just added the ultimate counter in hoopa-unbound and to support it tailwind zapdos which gives me my own mence check, and we all know how tough it is to wall hoopa under tailwind. Gunk Shot is an option over hp ice on hoopa since hyperspace fury 2 shots most hp ice targets anyways

Week 10: Shaymin-Sky by Highways

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Seed Flare
- Protect

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 88 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Protect
I started the team with the Heatran + Skymin + Mgar core, as this core threatens many tier staples while covering most of their weaknesses. After this, I noticed that the core is really weak to LandoT, so I added my own LandoT. Tailwind Hydreigon helps with Speed control while hitting really hard, not to mention that it is immune to Earthquake. Lastly, I added Tapu Koko to increase my matchup against sum playstyles, like Rain and Kube Offense. It's not hard to play with this team; use the double tailwind core to pressure offensive builds, and pressure bulkier builds with the rest. The team is p weak to TR and Rain overall (That's why I'm running Sash Skymin and Taunt Gengar), so play around these playstyles carefully.

Week 11: Araquanid by GenOne

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 76 HP / 232 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect
Araquanid is a Pokemon that appreciates Trick Room support, but certainly doesn't require it to function. I wanted to build a team that allowed Araquanid to shine both as a Trick Room attacker and as a utility mon.

Metagross really appreciates Araquanid's Wide Guard support, as well as its ability to OHKO all variants of Charizard Y through sun through Hydro Vortex. In return, Metagross can fend off Salamence with Ice Punch. Scarfed Landorus-T offers obligatory attack control, a switch-in to Tapu Koko, and an extra layer of defense against Charizard Y. Specs Lele hits unresisted targets for huge damage, and powers up Metagross's Zen Headbutt allowing it to OHKO Charizard Y, among other things. Psyshock > Psychic because of how specially-ortiented the meta is. Heatran is rocking the classic Substitute set, which is very underrated in this meta rn. Hoopa-Unbound offers speed control in a pinch through Trick Room, and in general is a solid mon that penetrates Protects. The 1 Spe IV lets you speed-creep other Hoopas. Araquanid in particular shines when Trick Room is up.
Here are a few replays of this team in action:
-

Week 12: Bronzong by Matame

Bronzong @ Psychium Z
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Hypnosis
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Nature's Madness
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Starships (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 116 SpA / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Diancie @ Stone Plate
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 56 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Seismic Toss
- Crunch

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Protect
Z tr bronzong is fairly linear team comp wise so most teams end up looking the same. Bulu is like necessary for negating terrains that prevent it from being able to use hypnosis. Hoopa is fat and helps deal with steels and aegi while being another trick room setter. Diancie helps with sun and dragons and helps set up trick room later in the game. Kang is for fake out + breaking shit with stoss. Tran is for steels like aegi and eruptran is an insane force w/ trick room support, with goggles to improve mu vs amoong.

Week 13: Tapu Fini by DaAwesomeDude1
Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 100 HP / 28 Atk / 244 Def / 132 SpD
Brave Nature
- Return
- High Horsepower
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Trick Room
- Protect

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 52 Atk / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 84 SpA / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Protect

Victini @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 40 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick Room
- Protect
I only used this team to qualify for dlt (except for a short period where i had to bust out the spl teams cause i was going on tilt and i needed to get into 1700s) so it is a good team :D

I wanted to build around snorlax cause it's a cool mon and new gluttony effects + 50% berries makes it so much better. Snorlax is pretty bad outside of TR so naturally this will be TR. Added jirachi cause redirection and it learns TR. Mence was next cause I wanted intimidate and something fast so I'm not super reliant on TR (even though this team ended up being pretty much fullroom). It also beats fighting types even tho those don't really exist. Next up was tapu fini. I really like having set-up mons on TR like CM sylv, PUP kanga since people like to make strategic doubles and protecting to stall it out. It also is anti-status so I don't get boned by amoonguss. Tyranitar gives me a solid fire check and another psychic switch in. Lastly, I needed a fire type to beat pesky steels like celesteela and jirachi so I added victini because it also learns TR. Victini also resists psychic + fire so more psychic spam hate :D

The snorlax spread was stolen from http://www.trainertower.com/vgc-17-ev-spread-compendium/ and I was too lazy to change it to dou spreads because this is a fun team so who cares lol. I forgot what the fini and victini spread did. LO low kick ttar hits other ttar, ohkos 4 HP heatran, and does good damage vs kangaskhan, which I find better than ice punch tbh since that only hits landorus and zygarde (just use rock slide vs mence) which is a lot more manageable than opposing ttar.

Week 14: Tyranitar by toxigen734

SUNTRIP (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

IM NOT JB B**CH (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 28 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

DING DING DONG (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 112 Atk / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

PUSSYCAT (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Protect

FAMOUS (Landorus-Therian) @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

NO PANTALONES (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect
this is a team i've built with matame like yesterday and i've found it very cool. Started off with ttar, i added rotom to support it against bulky waters and things like landorus. Then fairies (mostly tapus) were a bit of a problem, so genesect and mega gengar were the choices for those 2 slots, also pivoting plus trapping can be cute vs other weathers but it's not the main purpose. Then the team needed some speed control and another sun check, so first hydreigon was added, but in testing it resulted pretty useless as it didnt have synergy with the team and was a deadweight most of the times. So i switched to diancie wich improves the matchup against sun and other dragons, as well as synergising better with ttar thanks to the spdef boost and the trick room, which ttar likes. Lastly the team needed a lando check and something that hits steels very hard, so lando (irony) was the choice. Av lando was the original set, but then i noticed the need to kill stuff like aegislash and rachi even at -1 so groundium z ended up being the best choice imo. Overall fun team!

Week 15: Victini by n1n1

Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
Happiness: 0
EVs: 72 HP / 204 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Protect
- Low Kick

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Protect

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Final Gambit
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Nature's Madness
- Roar
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 HP / 188 Def / 80 SpA / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 28 Spe
- Substitute
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Recover

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Protect
This is an hyper offensive team I have been continually improving over the past week. The goal was to use either Mawile or Beedrill; I struggled to make victini fit with those guys but eventually decided that Final Gambit Scarf makes a lot of sense if I were to use Victini with Mawile. 1 great reason is that it OHKOs heatran - a major Mawile threat.
Final Gambit is a one shot move and a lot of times I get locked into V create so another Heatran check is require. Pheromosa adds a second check to heatran and for ttar and kang. I took the slow Mosa idea from Acrticblast but use different EVs. It out speeds base 130s and has more attack than speed for beast boost to the attack stat. after 1 beast boost its at 595 attack and with Fightium Z it will OHKO many things. Ice Beam adds amazing coverage to this mon. Add with the little bit of HP dump this guy can actually take a resisted hit or two, unlike deoA who cant take a hit from anything at all.
Next Bulu to is the hard water check and keeps the hyper offense going with amazingly strong horn leech. he benefits mawile, victini, and mosa so they can asorb LanoT EQs and roar is just amazing, I love it to check tr and remove unfavorable match ups.
last 2 slots I have changed a lot. gasto adds another water and steel check. gives speed control to slow mons bulu and mawile. with bulky sub icy wind it can disrupt a lot of teams. finally the last slot has changed quiet a bit. I settled on darkrai for taunt and dark pulse who can also sludge bomb on fairies. the dark pluse + sludge is nice coverage. I had thundyI before but I think darkrai is actually better for I require in this last slot - it has more bulk and out runs mence and metagross
heres a really against a dou person http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesoususpecttest-545730008

Week 16: Kyurem-B by talkingtree

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Nature Power
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 40 SpA / 92 SpD / 104 Spe
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 188 HP / 132 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Tailwind
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Protect

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 188 Atk / 104 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Encore
Lowkey one of the best teams I've built this gen, as is evident by it winning its first and only game. Kyube is required, LO is fun, wanted to use it with Koko and stax showed off Z-Nature Power Koko so I tried that, alongside a Tapu Fini to give it that Twinkle Tackle in the right situation. Fini has Heal Pulse because Kyube gets low on health and so does Scizor idk CM didn't fit. Had two ways to stop Lele's Psychic Terrain so Mega Scizor with Tailwind to support Kyube because it's awesome with all these pinch berries running around. Hoopa-U loves tailwind and having room for extra coverage, Infernape provides Fake Out, another Steels check, and a way to OHKO Kang which is always nice.

Kyube is max Speed / OHKOes Zard Y with Fusion Bolt outside of terrain; Koko is max/max; Fini outspeeds Scarf Lando-T in Tailwind, lives Psychic Terrain Shattered Psyche from Lele just in case, Iapapa is broken and super fun to say, 2HKOes 188 HP Lefties Zygarde, dump in Def; Scizor is one faster than Fini so that Muddy Water can become single-target if Scizor takes a foe out, enough Atk to OHKO 0/4 Lele with Bullet Punch, dump in HP; Hoopa KOes 252/0 Fini with Gunk (barely relevant but w/e) and dumps in SpA after max Spe; Infernape outspeeds Nihilego, OHKOes 252/0 Kang, and dumps in SpA.

Week 17: Snorlax by Matame

Tapu Koko @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Nature Power
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 40 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect

EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Barbs
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Bulldoze
- Knock Off

Hoopa-Unbound @ Misty Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
- Return
- Curse
- High Horsepower
- Recycle
Ok so this is a team I've been working on for a while now and it's fairly consistent. It mostly revolves around the flexible pivot Nature Power Tapu koko and supporting its ability to volt switch on threats and wear down teams with dual stab. Misty Terrain gives it much needed single target fairy stab. Fini set is standard Cm which can set up on slower bulky teams while also preventing status. Salamence helps get rid of Bulu and Landorus, and can either be used early game to deal hefty damage to shit or used to clean up later when Snorlax has wore down its threats. Ferro is another great powerhouse with band that beats electrics like Koko and fairies, dealing a shitton to switches with band gyro balls. The hoopa and Snorlax core is effective both early on and later to be able to beat offense and set up Snorlax so that the opponent is forced to pressure it.

Week 18: Volcarona by Mishimono
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 48 Def / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Seismic Toss

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Milotic @ Maranga Berry
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Protect
- Recover

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect
- Quiver Dance
This is some Kanga+Volc team I built a little while back. I wanted to use HP Ice Volcarona, but I always felt weak to Fini and Milotic on my other teams so this time I added Ferrothorn and Kang. Landorus is special because I don't like having Earthquake with no ground immunities. The Kangaskhan is also more offensive with Low Kick to beat stuff like Heatran and Tyranitar for Volcarona.

Week 19: Assault Vest Tapu Koko by SableyeMyBae

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
EVs: 40 HP / 172 SpA / 64 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sky Drop
- Nature's Madness
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 56 Def / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Seismic Toss
- Sucker Punch

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
EVs: 176 HP / 180 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 84 SpD / 140 Spe
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Swagger
- Heal Pulse

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Rock Polish
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Earthquake
Nature madness tapu koko + seismic toss kangaskhan ko almost anything on a single turn, sky drop is also a cool option since it gives free turns for zygarde to set up or hit something faster you want to ko with thousand arrows since it also hits on the sky. Used a SamVGC set I wanted to try on tapu fini and seemed nice for this team to swagger either zygarde, kangaskhan or ttar. Ttar helps with psychic spam and adds a second win condition to the team with rock polish+weakness policy. I had no ground immunity and intimidate support is always nice so last member was lando.

Week 20: Ninetales-A by Arcticblast

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 144 HP / 116 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Encore
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard

Zygarde @ Mago Berry
EVs: 200 HP / 156 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Nature's Madness
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 188 HP / 120 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 36 SpA / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
I think Ninetales-A is one of the most interesting and well-designed Pokemon we've ever released - not only is it a vehicle for the concept of "dual screens in one turn," but it takes that and becomes a very disruptive support Pokemon.

I built this team soon after the release of Beedrillite. I had previously built a team with Pheromosa + Ninetales-A, and thought the concept could just as easily apply to Beedrill: take a hyper offensive Pokemon and make it take a hit. I took a page from checkmater's book on adding Zygarde; AlolaZyg seemed like a very strong duo, with Ninetales able to easily enable Zygarde to set up and sweep while also threatening both Lando-T and Mega Mence. The rest of the team kind of fell into place (I'm a sucker for Bulu and like strong Water resists). Taunt Heatran is my TR check -_- the team basically functions as bulky offensive, with the "bulky" elements turned up to 11 with Aurora Veil, and Ninetales enabling things to stick around easily. Beedrill itself isn't the most useful Pokemon, but it's absurdly powerful and really fast, and is a huge boon against the common Fairy types of the meta. U-turn hurts too like holy fuck.

Week 21+1: Azumarill by miltankmilk

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 36 SpA / 40 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sky Drop

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 20 HP / 168 SpA / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Rockium Z
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Protect

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
IVs: 12 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Protect
built this team to try and support azu enough in a post kanga/post rachi meta and its not super easy but this team is aight at it. Main ways to help set up are sky drop on koko and shadow tag trapping with gar. Team has double priority and a way to reset terrain/trap opposing terrain which is actually pretty nice in the meta. Scizor isn't total asscheeks and often gets a KO, works pretty well as a psychic check if i can clear the terrain. Ttar helps vs opposing weather and can wallbreak when it needs to. Low kick could be swapped out post kanga but its still nice for heatran. Lastly scarf lando is a nice glue and stops the team from losing to opposing gar and koko.

Week 23: Genesect by BlueSkiddo

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 152 SpA / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
Gengar: Traps Mothafuckas
Gene: Outspeeds Mothafuckas
Skymin: Haxes Mothafuckas
Fini: Switches Into Mothafuckas
Zyg: Cleans Up Mothafuckas
Ttar: Spams Mothafuckas

Week 24: Groundium Z Landorus-T by Checkmater
Genesect @ Assault Vest
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

EVs: 164 HP / 92 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sky Drop
- Nature's Madness
So this team started out as an attempt to bring together double AV koko + Genesect for massive rotating power that would give tailwinded ttar the room to fuck shit up. Originally, it was alolatales > Kyube but I realized that I really wanted the oomph that Kyube can provide, and it worked better with my team. After all, I don't need more bulk here. I've switched up the ttar item several times, and while I like life orb, av or cb also both work alright, it just depends on how many aegislash are around (cb deals with aegis the least well).

Overall, I like the team synergy and feel it is a good example of bulky offense that doesn't use semiroom to compensate for slow stuff. Instead, it uses a double AV and good resists from double dragon to negate opposing offensive pressure, while positioning for its own. I really like the team and I've enjoyed using it a lot

As for other set explanations, most are fairly standard except Genesect, which is AV so that I don't feel like I'm dropping myself into a hole on a mispredicted gunk everytime, as being able to attack then switch to using uturn is very nice, and the added speed isn't terribly important. Koko is a hella bulky spread that doesn't really miss the speed and uses a lot of offensive potential from NM. Groundium is quite nice to be able to nuke things on the fly, and I use SR because I don't need more rock coverage, at least imo. I have switched that up a couple times though

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
HALL OF FAME (continued)​
Week 25: Aegislash by marilli

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Victini @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Glaciate

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 92 SpA / 72 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 152 SpA / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Aegislash @ Steelium Z
Ability: Stance Change
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
From a teambuilding process standpoint, this is a more of an incidental team with Aegislash than one that is built around one. Still, the team showcases Aegislash's utility with Wide Guard and great defensive typing. Zapdos Fini is so good it was the initial concepts of the team, as the rest of the team revolves around trying to counteract their Zapdos / Fini checks such as Snorlax into a tough spot with the firepower. The goal of the team was in two parts: to be a bulky offensive team that has strong firepower to break vs. the Zapdos Fini Snorlax type of teams, yet still has a decent defensive backbone to soak damage vs. Psyspam Hyper Offense. Aegislash lets me check those Psyspam teams with the help of Fini and Charizard.

Corkscrew Crash on Aegislash is unconventional but threatens Tyranitar and Snorlax much more than a simple Flash Cannon, and allows me 3 options to bring Snorlax down from above 50%, effectively ignoring the berry. Wide Guard has good synergy with the Fire-types that appreciate the counterplay to Muddy Water / Rock Slide / Earthquake.

Week 26: Mega Gyarados by Matame

Mew @ Mago Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 24 SpA / 80 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fake Out
- Tailwind
- Fire Blast
- Transform

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sky Drop
- Nature's Madness

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
- Crunch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Finally get to make use of this thing since I've had it lying around for ages and never rly used it. I wanted to make a cool mega gyara team because nvakna gave me a team with it and i really liked that team and mega gyara so i wanted to try catering to it myself. Basic concept is rocks ferro + 2 pivots to wear stuff down and play with ur positioning then bring in gyara and mew later game and destroy, although its fairly flexible. Kyube is to break bulkier shit like fini w/ electric terrain boosted fusion bolts so gyara has an easier time sweeping. Mew is also fairly flexible in how its played as it can cycle fake outs and tailwinds, with fire blast for catching ferro. It's a fun squad tbh

Week 27: Mega Swampert by GenOne

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Aguav Berry
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Heal Pulse
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Brave Nature
- Return
- Curse
- High Horsepower
- Recycle
This isn't a perfect team but I tried to produce something interesting and creative.

SM's new Mega Evolution mechanics gave Mega Swampert a niche advantage over Kingdra and Ludicolo as a rain sweeper. If it Mega Evolves on the same turn you switch in a Pelipper or Politoed, Drizzle will activate before the Mega Evolution, and Swift Swim's check for rain will occur *after* the weather has been changed to rain. This ultimately means that you get one chance activate Swift Swim even if your setter hasn't already entered the battlefield.

So with that in mind, I was inspired to build a team that took advantage of this mechanic a bit while also being an otherwise viable team. The basic strategy behind the team is to lock the opponent's positions into place with Gothitelle and punch holes in the team early on with Swampert and Tapu Koko, making it harder for the opponent to counter the Ferrothorn and Snorlax wincons in the late game. I'd typically lead with Swampert and Gothitelle on Turn 1, then, assuming Swampert isn't completely walled/checked, swap Gothitelle out to Pelipper to immediately start rain sweeping. Depending on the match-up, you might also want to set up Snorlax earlier on and treat Swampert as more of a late game cleaner. Snorlax makes a decent check against opposing Trick Room teams, while Gothitelle can set Trick Room against opponents running mostly fast attackers. One thing to note with the Swampert is I went Superpower > Earthquake as I felt the super effective coverage for hitting Ferro was important, but Ice Punch is also too good to lose and EQ doesn't really hit anything that Waterfall/Superpower/Ice Punch can't hit anyway.

Week 28: Mega Abomasnow by GenOne

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 152 SpA / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Swagger

EVs: 80 HP / 236 Atk / 152 Def / 40 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 11 Spe
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Victini @ Aguav Berry
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick Room
- Protect

Snorlax @ Aguav Berry
Brave Nature
- Return
- Curse
- High Horsepower
- Recycle

Scrafty @ Eject Button
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
I noticed that Mega Abomasnow, in addition to being the meta's first truly viable TR mega (sorry Mawile) also does a fantastic job at keeping the meta's prominent Intimidate users at bay. So SwagPulse Fini + physical attackers seemed like a good fit here, and the type synergy with Abomasnow was looking good too. Hoopa-U is the obligatory offensive TR setter, and it works well with Fini which can give it both recovery and attack boosts. I added Victini mainly because I wanted a second TR setter that also helped the Ferrothorn match-up (a beta version of this team had Diancie in this slot), but as it turns out a V-Create Victini at +2 attack is an absolute beast. On this team, Fini moves before Victini inside of TR, so you can power up Victini prior to launching a V Create or Bolt Strike -- I can name on one hand the mons that want to absorb either of those hits lol. With a solid FWG core + Hoopa-U complete, I added in Snorlax as the obligatory late-game wincon that just doesn't die assuming its checks are cleared out, and I'd say the first four mons on this team do a good job of exactly that. Finally, I added Scrafty for Intimidate and Fake Out support, but added my own personal twist; Eject Button is a seriously underrated item that so far has only seen mainstream use on Politoed. Scrafty is a good candidate for Eject Button as it provides upfront utility, but can quickly become dead weight if left on the field. Eject Button lets this team maintain more favorable positioning overall.

Week 29: Porygon-Z by Test Bot #

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 104 HP / 4 Def / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Protect

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Conversion
- Recover

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Protect

EVs: 44 HP / 176 Atk / 140 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 40 Atk / 200 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Wide Guard
- Protect
Since Porygon-Z is the main star of this team, I wanted to give it the "Firepower" that it needed to make this team fun~ Well, I started with the core of Porygon-Z and Ninetales-A. To be honest, there is no greater annoyance than a successful setup of Z-Conversion and Aurora Veil. To add to the circus, I brought Tapu Koko and its Electric Terrain for a little "Electric Spam". Then, I decided to put Mega Gengar to the team; its purpose is to trap opposing Weather and Terrain setters and allow the team to take care of them. It also stops opposing teams from setting up TR, TW, etc. Next, I put Landorus-T to take care of opposing Fire- and Steel-types, and Celesteela is there for that nice Wide Guard, Ground-resistance and Steel-type support.

Week 30: Terrakion by Level 51

Terrakion @ Kee Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Protect

Whimsicott @ Normalium Z
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Nature Power
- Beat Up
- Taunt

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 64 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Nature's Madness

Mew @ Mago Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Tailwind
- Taunt

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Encore
- Aurora Veil
- Protect
This was a team I made a while ago for Seasonals but which I never used in the end because I wasn't super convinced about it, though I think it's certainly at least a decent idea. I've ordered the Pokemon here to more clearly show how the team is meant to function, at least in theory.

The team starts with a standard TerraCott build, which—as anyone who's played me knows—can be quite weak to threats like the ubiquitous scarfed Landorus-T. Whimsicott's slightly different build helps with this matchup, since a turn 1 switch to Tapu Bulu and a Z-Nature Power (at +1 priority off Prankster) cleanly OHKOs most Landorus-T builds:
  • 252 SpA Whimsicott Bloom Doom (175 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T in Grassy Terrain: 364-429 (113.7 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Of course, Tapu Bulu is also there to help Terrakion take some Earthquakes with Grassy Terrain support, while also doing a good number to the bulkier threats that get in the way with either Wood Hammer or Nature's Madness. Mew can do the whole double Terrakion routine while also denying opposing Tailwind with Taunt or setting its own, as well as stopping Trick Room, Wide Guard, and so forth. Taunt is a good move for TerraCott teams :3!

Mega Gengar and Ninetales are somewhat shakier picks, since I wasn't really sure what I wanted out of the last two slots. These choices take more of a support-oriented direction to the team, with Gengar catching out a number of potential Terrakion checks (Mega Metagross, Mega Salamence) and Ninetales basically just being there for Aurora Veil support, though Encore can punish Pokemon that attempt to buy turns by using Fake Out on Terrakion or that use Protect to try to regain momentum by changing their board position to a more favourable one.

Overall a fun team to use in the games I have used it, hope more people give TerraCott a try because it's honestly a very solid core which isn't as easy to build around as one might think. Thanks for reading!

Week 31: Marshadow by qsns

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 228 HP / 136 Def / 144 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Nature's Madness
- Superpower

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Sludge Bomb

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 56 SpA / 176 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
This team's a MGard based balance that utilizes Marshadow as its sole fast mode, which surprisingly works out. Considering how fat the team is naturally, especially with Grassy Terrain, you can afford to not send out Garde for speed control until the later portions of the match, though if it has a good matchup, leading it with Intimidate support can work out well.

Usually, this team begins the match with Lando and another fat mon depending on team matchup, though Kyurem-B is something to consider leading Marshadow against. Pivot until one of the main breakers, Bulu or TTar, is able to come in and start firing off big hits. TR is usually set up mid game where Garde and TTar start firing off huge spread hits, and Marshadow is usually able to help clean up the fast mons left over with a ridiculously strong Sneak. I feel Bulu, a mon I have hated for the longest time, finally has a place in this metagame as Fires and other switchins such as Salamence become less common; try it out if you get the chance.

I've played about 10-12 games with the team but this is the only replay I have :s http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-601646572

Week 32: Mega Gardevoir by Mint16

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Encore
- Protect

Gyarados @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind
- Fusion Bolt

Tapu Bulu @ Mago Berry
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Roar
- Protect
- Horn Leech

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect
Building Phase: Ok so I usually don't do these but I need to get more involved with the community and Mega Garde is super fun so I obviously started with that. I tried exploring options with Trick Room but it didn't really work out so I went with Tailwind as my main form of speed control using Zapdos. Next I added Tapu Bulu as I wanted a Tapu for terrain control to mess up stuff like Self swagger with misty terrain. Now I was still a little weak to sun so I strengthened that match up with Heatran. Next I added AV Kyurem because it's fat and checks like everything while providing another form of speed control which is important for my rather middling speed team generally speaking. Finally, I originally had Landorus-T with Groundium-Z to kinda forgo the negative effect of my own grassy terrain but it still didn't feel right as it left me ice weak and forced me to use the Z-Move and then be almost dead weight if Grassy Terrain was in effect. So, I switched to Gyarados as my Intimdate user (as imo intimidate is a must on Gardevoir teams). Overall it's pretty balanced but you gotta watch out for rock moves as I have no resists so Terracott is pretty much an autoloss (but that's all my teams).

Sets Explanations: Some of these sets are odd but I have my reasoning for each of them.
  • Gardevoir is standard--just max speed and special attack to hit hard and fast with the modest nature as I do have multiple forms of speed control. The moves are simply STABs with Encore, as opponents might attempt to protect to stall turns of Tailwind or from the offensive pressure of Gardevoir itself.
  • Gyarados was originally a standard Dragon Dance set with Flyinium but I kept finding myself wanting to play it as a defensive pivot, so I switched the set up to defensive one. Thunder Wave is an underrated form of speed control that is still very decent when used correctly. Taunt helps with set up and trick room users like Hoopa who wouldn't be going for Z-TR. The EVs allow it to take two -1 Stone Edges from Landorus almost every time or -1 Continental Crush from Jolly Tyranitar which would then activate Mago berry. These calcs aren't really that important in that it'll be living those exact hits but it just goes to show how bulky it really is. The rest was thrown into special defense. Mago comes into effect most games if played right and can be a big game changer, and it's that exact pinch berry in case Araquinid would Bug Bite. Shiny to bluff Flyinium.
  • Zapdos ended up being my Z-Move user after I edited my Gyarados set and it actually helps a lot vs opposing Fini that think they can barely take a thunderbolt to activate their pinch berry. I also prefer offensive Zapdos over the super bulky one that's running around anyways. The speed creeps other Zapdos and others in the area. Since I was rather offensive I didn't think Roost was worth it, so I tried Toxic to help with m abysmal Snorlax match up, and it's worked out great. HP ice for Lando and Mence. Tailwind as my obvious reasoning for running this thing over Koko.
  • Kyurem-B lives just about everything with this given bulk. Even with Quiet nature the speed allows it to outspeed jolly scarf lando by two points in tailwind. Icy wind is pretty decent for getting around redirection + another useful form of speed control and the other moves are standard.
  • Tapu Bulu is used as my answer to things like Z-TR Bronzong which would ignore Taunt, which is why I use Roar. Wood Hammer can be easily timed correctly to activate the Mago berry. Horn leech for recovery. Speed outpaces my own Kyurem for my own purposes.
  • Finally, just standard Hp Ice Shuca tran. Modest because of all my speed control options so it has to watch out for opposing tran.

Week 33: Mega Camerupt by DaAwesomeDude1

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Misty Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 4 SpA / 68 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 96 SpA / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 152 Def / 88 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

EVs: 116 HP / 148 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Protect
Fullroom drops to anything that can put pressure so i decided to use semiroom camel cause it's more flexible and camel is a good enough standalone mon to work outside of TR. Started the team with camel + hoopa/fini cause hoopa is a good semiroom tr setter and fini activates misty seed, and works pretty well with camel since camel gets rid of grass types and whatnot. Also has nature power to snipe zygardes/mences. Next i added marshadow because it is broken and your team will always benefit with its addition. Originally I had zapdos over ferrothorn (with a fast camel lol) but i was losing too much to swampert and i needed a steel so i used yellow paint's suggestion of adding ferro. I wanted intimidate so i just threw on lando.

Week 34: Mega Diancie by Mint16

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 28 HP / 140 Atk / 68 SpA / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Protect

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Brave Nature
- Protect
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

EVs: 192 HP / 224 Atk / 92 Def
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Protect
- Trick Room

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
- Double-Edge
I started building around Diancie-Volcanion-Bulu because Volcanion is just a really fun fire type in the current meta and Bulu covers up the obvious ground weakness while hitting water types for the first two. Next I added Marsh because it hits steels hard, which is really important for Diancie and even Bulu as they are completely walled off by them. Then I took the team in a different direction by adding Hoopa. Hoopa is really nice as a check to those dark weak steels such as Bronzong and Aegislash while providing a form of speed control for my slower members in Bulu and Volcanion. Finally I added Staraptor for intimidate and Final Gambit which I will explain next. The team may look awkward with 3 fast mons and three slow ones, but I really like how it comes together. I can choose to lead Staraptor + Hoopa for example, Final Gambit a threat to Hoopa while setting Trick Room allowing for a FREE SWITCH into Bulu or Volcanion. Under Trick Room the slow mons punch big holes so that when Trick Room expires, the fast mons like Marshadow and Diancie have a much easier time cleaning up. This can work vice versa, in that I lead with the fast mons to punch holes, and then clean up the game with Trick Room in the end game. Spreads are all from the EV spread compendium.

Week 35: Volcanion by miltankmilk

Portal Strike (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Misty Seed
EVs: 44 HP / 92 Atk / 172 Def / 200 SpA
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Thunderous Snore (Snorlax) @ Figy Berry
EVs: 156 HP / 132 Atk / 52 Def / 168 SpD
Brave Nature
- Frustration
- Fire Punch
- Curse
- Recycle

Hydro Wave (Tapu Fini) @ Mago Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Call For Goons (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

Volcanic Heat (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 56 SpA / 68 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Hammer In (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Low Kick
This is the team I built for my match vs Demantoid in Snake tour yesterday. The idea behind it was just to make some kind of solid semiroom team that gave me a lot of options against whatever he wanted to bring. Hoopa Lax was the starting point as its really not something I've really used a ton of and its obviously quite potent. The EVs on these guys I ripped from somewhere else but Hoopa atk is for always 2hkoing bronzong at -1. Nothing special on Fini aside from running a little bit of creep for other fini, Mence has a bit more atk than standard to try and snipe a high roll on some Hoopa or lele that are poorly EVd. Volcanion was a late addition when I kept losing to Memoric 's scizor and it really worked well in tests and realized it was a great fit. Sub was cool and i loaded up on defense to handle Marshadow which I believe is now not 2hkod by non-LO variants. Band tar is such a strong attacker I wanted to use it at some point and it fits well here . Its speed is for deoxys in tailwind while still being slow enough to hit first in trick room.

Week 36: Assault Vest Kyurem-B by Hashtag
Defanged (Heatran) @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Declawed (Landorus-Therian) @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Hashtag (Kyurem-Black) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Shadow of a man (Marshadow) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Protect

Blind Faith (Tapu Koko) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

>mega (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Protect
fuck im always bad at writing this shit up. i just threw this team together today. I haven't played in a while and someone told me that heatran isnt rly used much atm, which i don't really think is fair to the mon, so i decided to build around my favorite heatran set, Z-sunny Day.

Z-day is cool because you get a speed boost and the sun, it's like diet quiver dance except heatran is way better than volcarona. you can also just use the z-move on a fire move for a nuke if you want, which i do quite frequently.

After heatran i felt like i wanted a landorus because i usually want a landorus. again this is a lord set but what do you honestly expect bro??? this lando lives a lot of shit, and with a mago berry, you can pressure with intimidate for a long time. I don't have any calcs for you atm but i feel like you get the berry activation upwards of 60% of the time. it does live like every hp ice which is sweet. setting up rocks overall is amazing for the team, between icy wind drops and venu leech seeds, your opponents will usually want to be switching, and this allows you to pressure them from the early game, since lando is usually not a bad lead.

kyurem is here because i was tired of being weak af to rain, he also gives me a much needed switchin for special attacks and all the other things he does, idk what to say about him that i havent already said on this forum.

Marshy is here to provide offensive pressure alongside heatran once it gets set up, and providing super useful priority to the team. once you get these two out in sun, the game usually just ends. this guy is broken.

koko because not using tapus is bad. not 100% on shuca yet, but i've been pretty pleased with it so far in practice. you don't need the guy to hit all that hard and the ability to survive a hit that surprises your opponent (not anymore since i'm posting this team on the forums) is really useful.

how often do you get to the last mon and realize you don't have a mega? seems very infrequent to me. i stuck venusaur in here as a gut instinct to balance out the offensive and defensive natures of this team, and i don't think there is a better choice for the team.

having a fatty that never dies does a lot for the team, and the defensive typing is there. it's important to plan your mega evolution timing before the game starts because sometimes you want to save it for a sick chlorophyll turn, but sometimes you need to be able to pivot into it to absorb a hit, and you don't want to be doing that with non-mega

Week 37: Mega Venusaur by Kaori

Torkoal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drought
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 60 SpA / 32 SpD / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 144 SpA / 80 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Celesteela @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 12 Def / 92 SpA / 116 SpD / 32 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Torkoal/MVenu semiroom that can have venu mega evolve when it wants to.

Week 38: Mega Scizor by MajorBowman

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 136 Atk / 8 Def / 132 SpA
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
EVs: 232 HP / 132 Def / 56 SpA / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Protect

EVs: 180 HP / 164 SpA / 16 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- U-turn
This is the team I used in snake draft phase 2 against Biosci. Miltankmilk, Kaori, and I had all been liking Mega Scizor, so I started with Tyranitar Fini Scizor Zapdos. This core worked pretty well together since everything appreicated Heal Pulse/Misty Terrain support from Fini and Tailwind support from Zapdos. I went with my tried and true Chople Ice Beam Tyranitar set to have a reliable check to non Groundium Landorus and Mega Salamence, as well as other stuff like Zard and Gengar. Fini was a simple double STAB + Heal Pulse set, and Zapdos is a more offensive version of my original seed spread that I got from miltankmilk. Scizor has some relevant speed stat that I really can't recall right now, then max attack and HP dump. After this core was set, I wanted a rock resist and still needed a Z move, so Marshadow was a pretty easy choice. Went with special AV Landorus as a final Pokemon because Intimidate is always nice and I needed another check to Heatran and I didn't want to mess with Grassy Terrain/Intimidate limiting damage output. HP Ice is also underrated as an option on Lando and gives you consistent damage output against other Lando and Mence.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPraise Mega Scizor ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Week 39: Rotom-W by Jhon

EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 24 SpA / 28 SpD / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Tailwind
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 20 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
EVs: 228 HP / 24 Def / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 48 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Rotom-Wash @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 76 SpA / 72 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
I just wanted to build a Ferrothorn team for the suspect ladder, since most of my stuff is built for certain opponents and not general ladder play. I liked Final Gambit with Ferrothorn back in oras, so I brought it back here. Quickly trading Victini for one of their few Ferrothorn answers or Landorus-T/Diancie (to free Charizard) is really nice. I'm using a special version as Psychic in terrain is more likely to ko Marhsadow/Terrakion than Zen, given the low investment due to wanting Gambit HP. Blue Flare still does decent damage in sun and 20% burn is nothing to ignore.
After those two, a more typical 3 mon core in Lando-CharY-Lele. CB Lando is beautiful. This one is simply EV'd to ko 252hp Heatran with Superpower, bypassing Shuca. Charizard is a Tailwind varient, to get Lando and Lele into strong positions. I'm opting to drop Solar Beam as removing those bulky waters isn't really something I'm too worried about. They're not too threatening in sun, they're Ferro food for end-game and most people play scared of it anyway. HP Ground helps with Heatran removal for Ferro; it's especially nice as Lele+Charizard invite Heatran with open arms, but z-Psychic + HP Ground can KO through Shuca.
Finally the important bit, Rotom-W. It was intially a Seed Zapdos, but I didn't like compounding Rock and Ice weaknesses. Particularly if I was going to be playing 5v5 and not wanting to have Ferro in too much early on. Basic move choice, but I feel Twave is best here. It sets up key mons to be picked of by the 3 big hitters later on. It's unique Ability-Typing combination and bulk still allow it to be the decent answer to Lando, Heatran and Volcanion it was in oras.

Week 40: Kartana by shaian

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Soak
- Taunt

colgate (Manectric) (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Overheat

Kartana @ Grassium Z
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Detect
- Smart Strike

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 64 Def / 144 SpA / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Substitute

Dekyubetoid (Kyurem-Black) @ Misty Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 32 Def / 20 SpA / 116 SpD / 76 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
I wanted to use mega manectric so i decided to build a team with mega manectric :I
The first thing I did was add a Pokemon which covered most of the gaps Manectric has which is Ground-type Pokemon and the 3 things in the metagame faster than Mega Man which are Hasty Deo-A and Scarfers. So to cover these I added a Scarf Tapu Fini which can deal with Ground-types easily as well as Deo-A. Soak was added since I wanted to create more openings for Manectrics Volt Switch to do more damage and open up opportunities for Kartana to OHKO things with Leaf Blade. Taunt was because I didn't know where to put it and had nothing else I felt like including on Tapu Fini if I'm being honest. Next came Manectric which is a lowkey god-tier Pokemon. Intimidate and Volt Switch on a Pokemon as fast as Mega Man is awesome and it pairs quite nicely with Tapu Fini. Having an Electric-type that cleanly beats Ferrothorn is nice as hell. Next came Kartana. I wanted another way to beat Ground-types and a way to cleanly OHKO opposing Tapu Finis and deal with Snorlax. The EVs on Kartana take a Tapu Koko Life Orb Thunderbolt. Next came Landorus-T which was because it's a nice glue Mon and I wanted Stealth Rocks for Manectric and Kartana to be able to clean up late game a lot easier. I don't know what the HP and Speed EVs do because I stole them from a set from a Dad1 team and just changed the Atk investment into SpA. Double Intimidate is dope if you're not too afraid of Milotic, which I'm not because I have like 3 ways to beat it. Volcanion was because I wanted another way to beat Ferrothorn and Celesteela and another Water resist. Substitute is also a decent win condition. The EVs were made because Memoric asked me for a bulky Substitute Volcanion set for snake a while back but I was late giving the EVs so I just had this set sitting in my builder and was like word. The HP and Def lets a Substitute live a -1 Scrafty Knock Off and the SpD was originally invested in Spe for TTars and a Tailwind benchmark but I don't have Tailwind so :I. The Kyurem is annoying because I don't like using Kyurem but it tied things together quite nicely. I might just make it a banded Kyurem because its much more fun, or I might change Fusion Bolt to Dragon Claw to beat opposing Kyurem-Bs because Kyub mirrors make me want to kill myself.

~~~ Originally posted by Memoric ~~~

With Sun and Moon now officially underway, it's time for us to go with a fresh start! We'll be using a new thread for the new gen, with a clean Hall of Fame for us to fill!

For the first week of SM TeamComp, we're building around...

Tapu Koko, one of the guardian deities that was also one of the first SM Pokemon revealed! With its Electric Terrain, it can essentially give its Electric-type STAB attacks a Specs boost, making it one strong-ass threat on the field that's capable of punching holes on many teams. Its Electric Terrain also provides some nifty utility in preventing grounded Pokemon from falling asleep, letting it function as nifty answer to Amoonguss Spore among other things. Tapu Koko also possesses high Speed, outrunning Mega Salamence and even Shaymin-Sky. With its high-potential offensive prowess, Tapu Koko is possibly a force to be reckoned with.

Deadline on Saturday, GMT noon!

PS: Please follow the format I have on the OP, having to fix winning entries that have flipped hide tags / wrong tag names is quite tedious tbh

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
- U-turn

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Surf
- Protect
- Psychic

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD OR 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 SpD
Bold / Calm Nature
- Protect
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Ludicolo @ Life Orb / Absorb Bulb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry / Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry / Normalium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
I've used Alolan Raichu rain in singles before so I just decided to port it to doubles and try and make it work there. The build isn't great and it could do with a hell of a lot of fine-tuning, but it's not half bad regardless. The key thing which stands out at least to me is just how difficult it is to take on the combination of Alolan Raichu and Ludicolo, so I decided to just build on top of that. The Raichu EV spread outpaces modest Kingdra by one point, and I like having this much bulk investment because it makes it a little easier to bring Raichu in on shit+capitalises on the fact that this thing is basically always gonna have a terrain up short of terrain wars with Tapu Lele/Bulu which Ludicolo is there to ease. I've opted to forgo Roost in favor of U-turn on Pelipper because the highly agressive nature of the team favoring the slow method of getting Raichu out. From here I just plugged in AzuRachi 'cause I got bored. Azu's min speed to stop me auto-losing to Trick Room, and I've run Superpower 'cause the team doesn't actually break Ferrothorn. All in all, it's a fun team, even if stuff needs ironing out a little on it.

Last edited:

This team was built around the core of Gengar / Lando-I / Genesect which I talked about in the SuMo discussion thread. The core works as a very solid answer to the new Tapu / UB additions to the meta, essentially focusing on trapping them with Gengar and positioning yourself with u-turn Gene. Volcanion was added as a fire resist and another Magearna answer, which you can't have enough of at the moment. Sally is another fire resist and also serves as the team's speed control / intimidate. Tapu Koko was added for taunt as a TR check and because fast spammable electric is amazing. Very few things can neutrally switch into a Koko Tbolt and take a second one safely.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Salamence @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Protect

FloristtheBudew

I'm just tired

EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

Jirachi @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 68 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 60 SpA / 40 SpD / 132 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Def / 192 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Alright the team was focused around having mega mence with it being a more of a supportive mega choice than some others using the move tailwind, it has a bit of spread damage and strong defensive switch synergy. It's good since spread flying puts pressure on teams as they often run flying weak members but had intimidate as their usual method of reducing flying type damage (at least from gen 6 with talonflame being used by some players).

Mega mence has solid damage output with hyper voice hitting lots of things for neutral bar electric and steels (both which the team has good answers for), draco hits for a stronger single target and enables me to beat mence mirrors unless they run a mixed or special set similar. Tailwind is always excellent for a team to use and it enables mence to start putting pressure on to things like mega gengar and deoxys-a if given the chance to set it. It's max speed since I'd like to avoid missing out on mence speed ties and while I could drop to the base 110 speed tier level I don't gain enough bulk (with the spare evs) to warrant the speed drop for this team.

Jirachi's spread is pretty baller since I adjusted it for the gen 7 meta and I really like it. It's designed to take -1 landorus-t earthquake as a 3 hit ko (factoring spread reduction), take life orb hydreigon dark pulse, it out speeds and creeps the max speed base 75 level by two points (nature bump). This allows me to hit stuff like breloom and tapu koko for flinching and break sashes / damage on them.

Tapu koko is next on the list as one of the best new additions to the tier with the introduction of gen 7 mons. It brings a terrian which helps control sleep for my team but I don't need to rely on it heavily as I have a sub tran and a mence, both which apply pressure to amoonguss if on the field already. Having strong electric attacks is good for the team as it adds more offensive pressure to the team with strong single targets attacks. The spread fairy coverage is useful for dragons which while aren't a major issue, it does help improve the match up more. Volt switch allows me to switch out if if my terrain is being threatened to be overridden by another tapu or already has been. It gives good switch intuitive and having a high base speed adds to the value of it a lot. Z moves for me are effective but extremely easy to splash on a team. So far I've noticed the tapus can use it well or other things that would appreciate not having to lose -2 spa (eg. draco, overheat).

Standard assvest lando that hits hard and fast. Knock off is chosen as it helps in overall situations by removing sitrus and other notable items.

Rotom-W isn't much different from past times except I put a defense evs to take a mega mawile play rough since now that talonflame should not see much usage from players anymore. The 84 ev spa benchmark isn't that relevant anymore. I kept the mega diancie match up spa benchmark in since nothing else really benefits from random evs so in case diancite becomes legal in the near future. I still have answers for it.

Next is standard timid sub tran. Running n16+1 number since i like how i can continue subbing consecutively if the situation calls for it.

Tapu Koko in the "New" Rain

Tapu Koko is a recent popular choice, and I wanted try out the "New Rain". Pelipper is my setter of choice, and Kingdra is the one that will take an advantage out of it. By choosing these duo, I can make use of (Pelipper's) Wide Guard, which the majority of the team would appreciate against incoming Earthquakes by Landorus-T. Kingdra is also useful to take out the recently speedy Dragons such as Zygarde-Core, Mega Salamence, and Scarf Kyurem-Black. Ice Beam was added instead of Hydro Pump to take out Shaymin-Sky. Mega Gengar and Landorus-T were added as good coverage, allowing the team to trap and take care of other threats such as Magearna, Necrozma, and other Tapus. And as odd as it is, Heatran was the last selection to help the team to have a better stance against other Steel types. Not to mention, its Steel typing is always handy.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Protect

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Wide Guard
- Protect
- Hurricane

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
- Rain Dance

Heatran @ Grassium Z
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Solar Beam

Last edited:

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 24 SpA / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Protect

EVs: 252 Atk / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Milotic @ Maranga Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Recover
- Protect

I thought metagross would be cool in this early meta as theres a ton of mence and a lot of the new ultrabeasts are either outsped by gross or dont appreciate its typing. Rotom-h + Tapu koko take down a lot of things meta struggles to break like rachi, aegis, celesteela and Rotom also has t-wave to slow things down. Next we got BANDorus-t which is a sick mon acts as a lando-t check and a soft check to a lot of things with band rock slide+ eq. Skymin does skymin like things by being really fast, flinching things and helping my rain matchup a bit. Milotic is here just to sit here, be fat and pressure intimidate users like mence and lando-t. Maranga berry helps it sit around for even longer.

Last edited:

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Not only did this team win a room tour, but it also peaked the ladder.

So when I saw young charjabug revealed, I instantly knew I wanted to build around it. This team mainly started off as a meme but somehow ended up becoming one of my favorite teams to use in the past couple of days. First added tapu koko cause its a pretty strong mon and I wanted to start off with a sort of electric spam core. Added in charizard y because I felt this was the pokemon that can take advantage of charjabug's ability the most (which in case you don't know is battery and boosts your allies' special attacks) and works the best with tapu koko. Zard y is also timid cause battery already makes it strong enough so i'd rather have the speed, plus I don't really like bulky zard right now; though it might change later. Obligatory landorus-t for initimidate and tapu koko check, aegislash for wide guard/rock resist (and its ghostium z because this team likes to switch around a lot so i didn't see the need for weakness policy + tapu koko/zard y/kyub handles amoonguss so no need for goggles), and kyub for opposing landos and a solid win condition once zard and tapu koko breaks down the team. Regarding the movesets tho, after I had the mons finalized, I wanted to build around a sort of volt turn core (since charjabug kinda sits there and does nothing) with tapu koko and landorus-t being able to pivot out into my three strong special attackers (usually zard y tho). I'm not the best at explaining so I hoped this all made sense.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Charjabug @ Eviolite
Ability: Battery
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- String Shot
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Last edited:

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Protect

Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Protect

EVs: 248 Atk / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Tapu Koko is a mon I never thought would be good at first, but now I scratch that, as it is really good. So I decided to build around it, while also building around the broken core of Mence + Rachi. Since electric terrain blocks sleep I gave Rachi sitrus over goggles since I could already deal with Amoonguss well. I wanted a good Lando check after that so I added Keldeo since Hydro kills things, Icy wind is nice, especially paired with T-Wave Rachi. I added Ass vest Lando afterward, since I have preferred it over scarf since SuMo came out since SuMo added a lot more special attackers that ass vest Lando can deal with, such as Tapu Koko and Magearna. The final mon I added was Sub Tran since it is a super good mon right now, and it helps break down many of the UB's, Tapu's, Magearna, and Mence + Rachi easily.

This team is like Floris's team but better.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
tapu tapu tapu

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 24 HP / 60 Def / 104 SpA / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sleep Talk

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

ill write a description in a sec

(M-Diancie) Zard Offense : )

The idea behind this team was to finally have the ability to use m-diancie (sort of) along with Zard. Nihilego covers a ton of stuff zard has issues with, such as mega mence, opposing zard, heatran, etc. On the other hand, zard beats all the steels that Nihilego can't deal with. I added aegi next to provide wide guard support (didn't want celesteela because of the tapu koko weakness) and deal with stuff like latios or tapu lele. At this point the team was looking pretty lando weak, so I added an edited versoin of a special vest lando set I loved using near the end of gen 6. As talon was now negligible and I had enough zard checks, I replaced stone edge with sludge bomb to give it something to hit tapu bulu as well as 2hko tapu lele. Specs Koko was next for a second celesteela check and a reliable hydrei swithchin. Hydrei rounds off the team with speed control and quick draco nukes, something that works really well with u-turn lando+volt switch koko.

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 44 HP / 112 Def / 168 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Last edited:

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion

EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Substitute
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Haze
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Protect

I wanted to build around Pheromosa + Tapu Koko since Koko can take care of Flying Types for Phero. I saw a big Scarf EQ weakness so I added Lando-T in order to check other Lando-T. Koko also beats Waters for Lando. Jirachi helps with the Ices for Lando and Faries and Flyings for Pheromosa. MMence and Volcanion were added for 2 Fire and Water resists along with a secondary Ground Immune. They help against Grasses and Haze is a niche pick for Calm Mind mons and Magearna. Volcanion also really helps against Steels since Focus Blast never hits.
Jirachi takes two LO Tapu Koko Thunderbolts which helps.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Z Mirror Move
Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Mirror Move
- Protect

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 Atk / 152 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Taunt
- Protect

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Beam
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Magearna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Volcanion @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
In case you didn't know, z mirror move first gives you a swords dance, then attacks the opponent with the z version of their last used move. Against a mence that used dedge last turn, you would hit them with a +2 190bp breakneck blitz. If the opp switches or is otherwise an invalid target, you still get the +2. Also, you can use the same stone to get z brave bird when you just need damage. For the other mons, I chose Tapu Bulu, Hyper Beam mence, and scarf magearna as attackers, while zygarde and volcanion round out the team's defenses. Bulu actually helps gear, zygarde, and volc out a ton with some passive recovery and eq resist without losing an item slot.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
I haven't laddered too much this gen because I have been busy as fuck, but this is something I have been using lately:

Importable
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Protect

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Helping Hand

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Slide/Hidden Power Ice
- Protect

Description
The team is built around the hard hitting core of tapu koko + xurk + char-y. These three right now hit everything relevant in the meta pretty hard due to weather/terrain boosts to their respective attacks. Koko has the standard special attacking set with taunt to help against TR and xurk is modest scarfed which helps it snowball stuff with some support as most of it's resists are pretty much KOed by charizard-y. Which now brings us to char-y, it is pretty much how I like it, strong and fast, heat-wave and solarbeam are your standard moves, third slot goes to fire blast enabling it to get past wide guard steels like celesteela and aegislash. I don't like overheat here as I don't want a -2 char-y on my side of the field. Next up as lando-t match-up was looking shaking to say the least, I added hitmontop + celesteela to provide wide guard support/fake out/intimidate(which allows us to run lando-i in the last slot)/ pretty much countering lando-t well. Also I used hp ice on celesteela over substitute to make our mega-mence match-up a lot better. For the last slot I just added lando-i as it does what this teams needs, hit heatran, takes on tapus along with celesteela and I seriously didn't want doubling up on intimidate as there are lots of milotics on the ladder right now due to the prevalence of mega-mence.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Voting time! As always, just post the name of the guy who built the team you're voting for.

Martin
BlueSkiddoWeCanToo
FloristheBudew
Test Bot #
miltankmilk
DaAwesomeDude1
Tymano
Nido-Rus
GreenGogoatttt
Yellow Paint
darksylvion

n10sit's entry was lacking a description and is thus not eligible.

Deadline of voting is on Monday GMT noon!

when you have the format literally in the op and ppl still dont use it (cwl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)