Doubles OU test team

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team im testing right now, uses Ou pokemons, but not much Ou sets.
First, the leads, that are thundurus a and landorus t
Thundurus get the advantage of prankster to paralyze or taunt.
Its attacks are thunderbolt for STAB and dark pulse. Its got Life orb for lategame sweeping
Landorus: Uses choice scarf to have 200 speed and being faster than most OU's
Its main attack is U turn, which gives him a scout role. After coming with u turn, and intimidating again, it has knock off for ghost walls as dusclops, rock slide for talonflames and charizards, and earthquake for aegislash and similars.
Venusar is the mega that works as a tank. Mostly every time, its get in the battle by landoru's u turn, cause they doesnt have many weakness toghether, excepting ice.
It has leech seed for slowly killing steel walls as aegislash, gigadrain for STAB, sludge bomb for faes and protect for helping leech seed.
Greninja is the special sweeper that trys to sweep every rival pokemon with its move set and expert belt. Surf for Stab (not important with protean) dark pulse, grass knot, and ice beam. It tries to beat most of Ou pokemons in speed, it can have problems with landorus or pranksters.
garchomp is the physic "tank" that tries to recive physic attacks because of rocky helemt and rough skin, and uses stealth rock, iron head, fire fang and dragon claw to have its weakness covered. When opponent is using M kangaskhan in turn 1, its a good strategy o use garchomp and aegislash to force him to use fake out to garchomp (if it doesnt evolve to lose scrappy) it can lose a considerable amount of life.
Aegislash is the real tank of the team, that tries to poison the rivals with toxic, to use king's shield and shadow claws for Stab, and sacred sword for non poisoned steels.

And thats my team, I see the big lack of fire, flying and psychic.
Im open to recommendation. Bye!

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Considering you have updated your post imma update mine too, even though you should still listen to Yoda2798, this is not the correct place to post a message like this;

Thundurus is generally not a late-game sweeper, I recommend you'd use Hidden Power Ice over Dark Pulse to be able to kill Landorus-Therian and Shaymin-Sky. Also you could use Sitrus Berry over Life Orb to make it more bulky as Thundurus is generally not a heavy hitter.

I also recommend using Superpower over Knock Off on Landorus-Therian to be able to beat Mega-Kangaskhan.

You could probably use either Scald or Hydro Pump over Greninja because Surf hits all the Pokémon on the field, including your own.

Your Aegislash set is not really great; you should use Wide Guard over Toxic. Toxic is not really good in the current metagame and Wide Guard is effective for beating other Landorus-Therian who use Rock Slide/Earthquake. Also Shadow Ball and Flash Cannon are better STAB attacks for Aegislash.

Anyways, if you want to get in the tier some more I'd recommend you checking out this link:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ks-and-q-a-thread—read-before-asking.3498688/

It explains the metagame well. If you have any other questions you could always join the Doubles room on Pokémon Showdown so we can answer your questions more quickly there:

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Hi there, and welcome to Smogon! Sad to say, but this post has a strong chance of being locked :/

If this is supposed to be an RMT, you should post in the correct forums and follow the correct guidelines, including a copy of the team, sets, and explanations for each member.

If this post is about underused sets being good, this post would probably be a better place to discuss it.

Also, make sure you realize that this is Doubles OU, which you may have gotten mixed up with just OU (which is singles). Either way, one-liners don't give very much detail on what you're talking about, so please elaborate more on your topic of discussion in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)