Doubles OU Player of the Week - week #11 - Level 51

What is the worst pokemon that gets significant usage in this tier?

What is the worst pokemon you've used in a tournament game and regret using? Same question but that you do not regret using?

Whomst'ds games are you excited to watch in SPL?

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Have you met any other singaporean smogon users? Especially curious about Yilx but also others. Singapore is so tiny!

How does it feel to have Arcticblast and myself both independently nickname our Driftblims, in USM, after you?

What music do you listen to generally, anything special you put on while playing in tours etc.?

And, has anyone else solved this puzzle?

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
What got you into making puzzles, and do you think you'll be doing another big puzzle competition anytime soon? :eyes:
Some ex-students from my school ran a puzzle hunt in 2015 and again in 2016 and my team won the 2016 one. I really enjoyed the puzzles, especially the second time around, and whenever I had ideas for puzzles I'd just write them down, and I kept writing puzzles because I just enjoyed coming up with cool mechanics (the PSY puzzle from the Office Tour is one of my favourites).

In terms of upcoming events, I'm co-hosting a puzzle hunt for the Scavengers room for PS' UGM Event; hope you'll come. There are a couple of really cool puzzles made by other users too! also tagging talkingtree in case he's interested. I do plan to host another edition of the DOU one next year though, maybe in June if I can gather enough puzzles by then, and hopefully it'll be better organised since I have one hunt's worth of experience under my belt now!
Do you think you'll do team tournaments again or is your SPL hiatus permanent?
I don't think I'll do team tournaments again for the foreseeable future unless something drastically changes which gives me like more confidence or whatever because I felt nothing but unadulterated stress for the 9 weeks of Snake and I developed a dependency on PTCGO as a result. Sad!
On a scale of 1-10 how offended were you when you were called gimmicky and uninteractive by your interviewer?
idk like a 2. I don't tend to get offended super easily I guess
Friendship test: what is my favorite color?
I bet you like this shade

Bonus points if you can figure out why.

What is the worst pokemon that gets significant usage in this tier?
Tapu Bulu. I really fucking hate that thing, it's awful to use and it does nothing once you remove its terrain, and I've never been able to justify putting it on a team.
What is the worst pokemon you've used in a tournament game and regret using? Same question but that you do not regret using?
I brought Mega Banette against TUO in the Winner's Finals of one Seasonal. The whole team was pretty much 6-0d by Sub Kyurem, but Mega Banette especially did nothing and took up my Mega slot too. Replay here if you wanna watch, but I wouldn't watch it immediately before or after a meal. On the other hand, I don't regret GeoPassing stax in DOU Open semifinals last year (even though I choked my guts out)!
Whomst'ds games are you excited to watch in SPL?
Jhon better bring some good shit, also I hope you finally bring Guzzlord this time around :eyes:

Have you met any other singaporean smogon users? Especially curious about Yilx but also others. Singapore is so tiny!
I met Yilx at one Pokemon tournament in Dec 2013 iirc, I had given him a Chandelure the night before to use and I spent the whole day trying to figure out if the guy I thought was Yilx was indeed Yilx. In the end I awkwardly said hi right before Top 8 and we chatted for a while, real cool guy. I also met Eyan, Metal Sonic and Xylen at a PC in like 2015, I mentioned I was going and they decided to come along too. In the end I won that PC with Victreebel + double weather and they've been attributing the win to their presence ever since.

ALSO funny timing, I'm actually going out for dinner tonight with Eyan, Metal Sonic, Xylen, scorpdestroyer, and gorex. sandshrewz said he might come by but I doubt he will. :B

How does it feel to have Arcticblast and myself both independently nickname our Driftblims, in USM, after you?
I knew Arctic did it because he asked who to name his Drifblim after in chat and I said me. I was greatly astonished and mildly honoured to find out that somehow you had also named the most oddball viable Pokemon of VGC 17 after me. And had taken the exact same screenshot as him of it levelling up to Level 51. What are the chances huh
What music do you listen to generally, anything special you put on while playing in tours etc.?
I listened to DragonForce during most of my Snake battles to psych myself up, but I listen to a lot of different stuff in general from pop / electropop to prog rock / instrumental rock to spiritual core and other Japanese instrumental stuff like these (including chiptune). Easy to please, I guess!
And, has anyone else solved this puzzle?
MajorBowman and talkingtree both solved it after I made the existence of Base64 known to them, and Rwby managed to decode it but idk if they bothered solving it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)