SM Doubles OU Doubles OU - 25/3 85% gxe

This is a team that I've been working on, and yes, its boring and standard but what did you expect? The team is built around 3 different 2 mon cores that cover each other really well.

The first part of the team involves the infamous Lele / Gross core. This core is extremely strong and is able to tear through most teams. With tapu leles psychic terrain and mega-metagrosses tough claws the damage output is astonishing. So here is the sets:

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Life orb lele is probably my favourite lele set right now. Life orb gives lele that much needed extra power while allowing it to switch moves. Psyshock and moonblast is all I ever really need as anything not immune to psychic attacks are taking quite a bit of damage. Taunt in my mind was a nessecity. Being able to lead this core against low ladder and shut down any gimmicks quickly was much appreciated. Having taunt also slightly improved my trick room match up because a lot of teams seem to be relying on fake out support instead of mental herb. Protect is a perk to running a non choiced lele set. Allowing me to protect while tailwind is set up (spoilers) or gain a much better position or even just stalling a turn of trickroom.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head/Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Mega-Metagross in psychic terrain hits like a truck. One thing you might have noticed is the lack of ice punch. This is really a preference, I have ways of dealing with the 4x weak mons and ground coverage is really nice. Plus stomping tantrum is boosted by tough claws. Iron head over meteor mash is for the accuracy, as one miss can end a game, but in saying that, at +1 mega metagross is a huge threat.

The next 2 Pokemon are another pretty well known core, lando and zapdos. Now lando and zapdos pair very well together giving me 2 ground immunes. Zapdos provides much needed speed control and electric typing, while lando provides intimidate support along with a huge attack stat.

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Protect

Lando runs many sets including scarf and av. But having a set that utilizes protect is quite benificial. Like lele, alot of sets don't have protect and using it on such a pivotal pokemon allows scouting stalling and also allows me to better my position while keeping lando healthy. Groundium-Z allows lando to nuke a defensive pokemon with tectonic rage. This z-move is extremely powerfull and ohkoes nearly everything that's not immune. It also avoids wide gaurd wich is very usefull. Stone edge is a high base power move that hits flying types immune to earthquake like zapdos. Rockslide is an option for the flinch, but the low base power along with double target makes it extremly weak. Lastly is superpower. Superpower betters my matchup vs ferrothorn which at this point i can't touch. Max speed and adament nature allows lando to outspeed many things but also hit at it's hardest.

Zapdos @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Static
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Def / 80 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zapdos is a staple tailwind setter and with a psychic seed is able to live even the strongest special attacks. Intimidate support from lando also helps zapdos live the physical attacks aimed at it. Tailwind increases the speed of the team making it alot easier to apply pressure. Thunderbolt is zapdos' STAB electric type move and helps deal with pokemon like tapu fini and celesteela. HP ice is there to improve the lando match up and threaten other ice weak mons. Roost is there to improve it's longevity and protect would be unnecessary and just slow momentum. The Ev spread lives a deo-a psycho boost.

The next core is a new core I'm quite fond of. With incineroar now having access to intimidate, it has become a much more viable pokemon in Doubles OU. Incineroar also provides the much needed fire and dark typing while also providing fake out, intimidate and snarl support. The next half of the core is going to be Tapu Fini. Calm mind tapu fini provides the team with much needed water coverage, a set up sweeper with a spread move and also a second terrain. Now as you can see the team does rely heavily on lele's psychic terrain to function with zapdos and metagross but having tapu fini allows incineroar to fake out, stops status, weakens dragons and strengthens the teams defensive core. With calm mind, and plenty of support, fini is an asset to the team as a wincon.

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adament Nature
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- Snarl
- Fake Out

Incineroar is to me, essentially a better scrafty. Higher attacking stat and speed, while also still having a considerable amount of bulk. Incineroar also has a fire typing allowing it to check things like celesteela. The speed is to out speed base 110s under tailwind and the rest is placed in attack and hp. I probably should make a better ev spread but this will do for now.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 156 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

This is the standard tapu fini set with calm mind. Muddy water is a spread move that hits fire and ground types while moonblast does single target damage and hits dragons, fighting and dark types super effectively. With intimidate support and spdef boosts from calm mind, tapu fini becomes extremely bulky.

And that's the team. I hope you liked it, a bit standard, but it's actually quite a fun and consistant team to use, and most importantly, low ladder resistant. My 25 and 3 win streak is one of the better ones I've had. I didn't have enough time to increase my elo a whole lot, but when starting from 1000s consistency is the last thing I expected.

Things I've noticed while using the team:

Mega-Gengar is a huge threat. Out speeding all of my team and trapping them makes it really hard to play against because my style of play usually involves alot of swtiching to gain the best position possible (kinda like how wolfe plays i guess lol) and gengar prevents any of that.

Full Trickroom is a hard match up because while I have ways of stopping trickroom like fake out, taunt, a dark type, groundium z, and lots of protect mons, it never seems to be enough to prevent dedicated full room from being a threat.

Weather can sometimes be an issue for the team especially rain. With weather up lots of threats initially outspeed the team and zados will be too pressured to set up tail wind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)