Doubles Live Teambuilding Sessions (#1 Saturday 19:00 GMT+0)

n1n1's idea except with Jirachi over Togekiss because you lose to Lando-T instead of Lando-T + Diancie.

Hail as a playstyle sounds cool to build around.

I feel like most Mons considered to be DOU had teams "overbuilt" around them, and it gets boring to see the same Mons again. Thus, I decided to nominate a Mon that can be quite interesting and still usable in DOU. That's right: it's Mega Gallade (haters gonna hate)! For the matter of its partner, I thought Aegislash would be best because it can act as its pivot in the cases of Fairy types and Brave Bird Talonflame. (Otherwise, you can put Quick Guard on Mega Gallade.) It can also provide support against Hyper Voice and the needed switch when Mega Gallade is Intimidated (by Landorus-T).

It's also worth saying that Mega Gallade has a large movepool, and it doesn't always need Knock Off as its filler move (We already have Aegislash so....) Instead, moves like Encore, Taunt, Disable, Imprison, and Will-O-Wisp can be handy with its already high Speed. I mean Mega Gardevoir uses some of them, so why not Mega Gallade. Furthermore, you could use Sword Dance if the opportunity ever arise, allowing you to worry less about Landorus-T. For the matter of its offensive alternatives, priority Shadow Sneak, Low Kick, Leaf Blade, and Poison Jab (which OHKO standard Mega Gardevoir) can be just as handy.

Give them some thoughts.

+

Last edited:

Matame

New Rules
Bulky gard is a thing and it's very popular lol

Also can we make a dedicated groupchat for this when it starts? Last one was kinda a disaster due to only 3 people really being actively involved and getting interrupted by other people trying to chat about misc things. Just a suggestion to make things more organised

It's like Volcanion plus Mega Sceptile, except its not as shit. The two cover each other pretty well, you just need a Kyub check, and checks for other dragons, to a lesser extent, but Serp gets Dragon Pulse, so its not too big a deal.

Bulky gard is a thing and it's very popular lol

Also can we make a dedicated groupchat for this when it starts? Last one was kinda a disaster due to only 3 people really being actively involved and getting interrupted by other people trying to chat about misc things. Just a suggestion to make things more organised
Just use the doubles IRC tbh imo js

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Tailwind

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Thundurus @ Magnet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

We ended up building around the core of M-Garde+Mence suggested by Dawgie! Huge shoutouts to AuraRayquaza, and Test Bot # for participating more then others! I will host another one next saturday same time(1pm est) so feel free to suggest viable cores! All together was a fun week and hopefully we can start getting a bigger turnout! :D

For our next build up, we should use the very underappreciated Mon, Mega Venusaur. It is quite a tank, and it is hard to eliminate with a team that is especially unprepared for it. After all, its only weaknesses are Flying (which is usually only used by Talonflame) and Psychic (a niche STAB move used by some viable Megas and Latios). For the matter of its partner, I nominate Heatran because it will make Talonflame useless and can take on Psychic types. Plus, their excellent typing allows the team to have 2 viable tri-cores: Fire / Grass / Water and Dragon / Steel / Fairy~(most definitely in this team). Their similar speed is something to note as well; just saying.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 5 Spe
- Fake Out
- Water Spout
- Aura Sphere
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 44 SpA / 112 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Protect

Here is the team that Test Bot # and I built. Starting with the core of Mega-Blastoise + Eruption Heatran. We are going for some crazy powerful spread moves that nothing (except bulky waters) is going to beat about switch in on. Running with Aura Sphere as a great move to hit kang and Fire Blast on Heatran incase his HP gets too low fro Eruptions to be effective. Fake out on Blastoise to help get TR going.

Next Hoopa was an easy choice to break wide guards/protects, set tr, and dish out big damage. Bulky waters still a problem we are going with Amoonguss. First I wanted gourgeist-super then we went with ferrothorn. But I wanted a better Keldeo+Bisharp match up and a way to redirect taunts.

Cresselia was chosen better improve Lando matchup and reliably set TR. I picked Lunar Dance to benefit Water Blastoise and Eruptran.

Finally our CharY match up isnt that great and intimidate definitely helps against Kang so LandoT fills the final spot

how about we have a collective session hosted by experience players or the auth? instead of having small groups make small sessions, i think we should have experienced players take turns to host some regularly, allowing medium level players to benefit by joining when they can. as for a core, we can have a weekly vote, or it can be decided on by the host. it would go great in parallel with the teambuilding competition.

a core i propose for next week would be keldeo+talonflame, as i find hyper offense, despite the easy playstyle, hard to build because its difficult checking the meta offensively rather then offensively and defensively, like in balance teams. it also used to be a core with shaymin-sky, and im interested in seeing what happens to the duo without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)