Doubles CCAT #2 - Completed!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
BlankZero, Terrakion doesn't learn Wide Guard. Do you mean replacing Quick Guard with Taunt? If so, I vote no for that; Quick Guard seems much more useful than Taunt especially Cress alleviates TR and status weakness somewhat. Having something to check Talonflame and other prio shit like Fake Out seems a lot more useful, and no Quick Guard leaves us really vulnerable to Scizor as Mizuhime pointed out.

The Mence set is my own so obviously I vote Electrolyte's Salamence set. Tbh it's pretty much the same as pwne's except mine has EQ and some investment in Atk, which I think is more useful to hit Steel / Rocks / Fires physically so you have two stats to attack from.

Mega G seems like a great suggestion; I, too, felt like Suicune lacked enough firepower to fit in. Dual Intimidate will be really useful for checking threats, and Water-type offense will help a lot. Plus Gyara has great synergy, and with Amoonguss to handle Fairies, we won't be too overwhelmed. So yes to Mega G + Amoonguss.

Obviously NO to Heatran since Mega G + Amoonguss is better.

taunt over quick guard on terrakion.

no. i originally thought it was a good idea, but going off my next two noms, with amoonguss being a good tr check and salamence not being scarf anymore, i dont think so.

trade salamences scarf for lo

yes, and to pwne's set.
scarf salamence simply leaves it super vulnerable to tr, and it has an inability to switch moves, to hit tran as an example. and i think pwnes set is better as hydro pump hits tran and lando hard, while eq on gyara and just gyara in general being a good counter to tran means salamence would be better off with h pump.

amoon/gyara for cune/venu

yes.
and by way of them being better no to heatran. as highlighted by electrolyte, dual intimidate and water synergy as well as more offense is good for the team. after you on amoon is also a nifty idea, to bring allies down to its low speed when in tr.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
BlankZero, Terrakion doesn't learn Wide Guard. Do you mean replacing Quick Guard with Taunt? If so, I vote no for that; Quick Guard seems much more useful than Taunt especially Cress alleviates TR and status weakness somewhat. Having something to check Talonflame and other prio shit like Fake Out seems a lot more useful, and no Quick Guard leaves us really vulnerable to Scizor as Mizuhime pointed out.

The Mence set is my own so obviously I vote Electrolyte's Salamence set. Tbh it's pretty much the same as pwne's except mine has EQ and some investment in Atk, which I think is more useful to hit Steel / Rocks / Fires physically so you have two stats to attack from.

Mega G seems like a great suggestion; I, too, felt like Suicune lacked enough firepower to fit in. Dual Intimidate will be really useful for checking threats, and Water-type offense will help a lot. Plus Gyara has great synergy, and with Amoonguss to handle Fairies, we won't be too overwhelmed. So yes to Mega G + Amoonguss.

Obviously NO to Heatran since Mega G + Amoonguss is better.
this imo

3 votes. nice.

24 hour warning, as i have more shit to post up, so I'll vote too.

Taunt over Quick Guard

no

change Sally

yes, to Electrolyte's

Amoong/Gyara switch

I prefer Heatran here cuz it counters itself and fits well on the team with Suicune giving us TW support.

taunt over quick guard on terrakion
No, you need the protection from priority and attacking terrakion is the wisest thing to do. Protection from bullet punch, feint, mach punch, and most fake out users(probably i'm wrong but they both +3 priority)
trade salamences scarf for life orb
yes to electrolyte's set, eq is better imo
amoon/gyara for cune/venu
MegaVenu/Suicune for Amoongus/MegaGyarados

not sure, but i think that offense isn't really needed for these 2 spots. However, dual intimidate, spore, and rage powder is enough to convince me to change it. no heatran.

Alrighty, so the voting is done and the team is FINALIZED!

Great job and thanks to everyone who participated in this project. Be sure to check the OP for the final version of the team and stay tuned, because the next Community Teambuilding Project is a LOT closer than you think!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)