Double Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to our first Smogon Doubles Challenge! This challenge aims to welcome Smogon players to our irc channel #doubles while having a friendly competition to enjoy this awesome metagame!

In a Nutshell:

All participants would start off with 20 GOLD DOUBLOONS. You win by either being:
  • the first to earn 80 GOLD DOUBLOONS or
  • the one last standing.

The Nitty Gritty Rules:

1) Participants would challenge each other at our irc chan #doubles
2) The winner gains half of loser's' GOLD DOUBLOONS and the loser would lose GOLD DOUBLOONS by the same amount
3) Exception: If the loser has less than 4 GOLD DOUBLOONS, the winner would gain minimum of 2 GOLD DOUBLOONS and loser lose the same amount of GOLD DOUBLOONS (even if that means negative currency)
4) Players with less than 1 GOLD DOUBLOON is eliminated from the challenge
5) Additional Means of Earning or Losing GOLD DOUBLOONS:
  • If you win a game that eliminates a player you earn 3 additional GOLD DOUBLOONS
  • You win 6 GOLD DOUBLOONS for a 5-win streak; 12 GOLD DOUBLOONS for a 10-win streak; etc
  • You lose doubloons by inactivity; GOLD DOUBLOONS lost = Days w/o battling - 2. This means you must play at least once every other day to avoid this penalty

Reward:
  • Every surviving participant will receive 1 pt for every 10 GOLD DOUBLOONS
  • The winner of the challenge will receive an additional 2 pts
  • Every eliminated player will lose 1 pt

How to Enter:

Simply join #doubles and ask for a match for the SmogDubs challenge. Report your win / loss in this thread, and you'll automatically be registered as a participant.

All participants track record will be stored in this spreadsheet

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ladder Conquest

To make your ladder experience interesting, we'll be initiating a Ladder Conquest. Each cycle of ladder conquest would last roughly 2-3 weeks, and within this timeframe one can gain leaderboard points for achieving one of the two:

1) Make it to the top 10 of Smogon Double's Leaderboard
  • 1st place: 10 pts
  • 2nd place: 8 pts
  • 3rd - 5th place: 6 pts
  • 6th-9th place: 4 pts
  • 10th place: 2 pts
2) Reach a Glicko2 rating of 1950 with 75 or less deviation
  • post a screenshot with the qualifying rating to earn 1 pt

~ You may sign up with multiple alts as long as they are FRESH (no Smogon Doubles game played on these alts).
  • Even if multiple alts of yours end up in top 5, only your highest alt would be rewarded for the primary achievement
  • However, the secondary achievement can be rewarded multiple times, as long as your alts reach above the glicko2 rating threshold and have not been rewarded for the primary achievement already

To participate please add your name and alt(s) to this pirate pad: http://piratepad.net/FRCp9Q8mhn

Round 1: January 30 - February 13
Round 3: March 10 - March 24

Additionally, you can gain points simply by participating in ladder matches. Note that this does not take place over any specific time period, and does not have to be done with a fresh alt.
Pocket said:
Since ladder activity is so pivotal to Smogon Double's success, post a screenshot of past and present alts with 100+ games played - for every 100 games, you will be rewarded with 5 pts. Even if it's the same alt, you can be rewarded multiple times for every multiples of 100 matches.

Bottom Line: 100 ladder games = 5 pts

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
how do i join the doubloon contest?
The Unlucky One, sorry if this was unclear in the directions. There is no specific sign up required. Simply sign in on our irc channel #doubles, and challenge any of the people there for the IRC challenge. Completion of one match in this manner will automatically make you a participant :)

You must report here confirming your win or loss to have your match recognized, though

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I'm just here to give out free DOUBLoons it seems ;-;
I guess I'll use this for a base post.

Level 51

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Okay, so I'm gonna make this my base post.

[1] Won against StarmanXL | 2/2/2013 | 1-0-0 | +10 | 30 total | Proof
[2] Lost against Pwnemon | 2/2/2013 | 1-1-0 | -15 | 15 total | Proof
[3] Lost against iRenzo | 2/2/2013 | 1-2-0 | -7.5 | 7.5 total | ugh i forgot
[4] Lost against PenguinX | 2/2/2013 | 1-3-0 | -3.75 | 3.75 total | FUCK I'M DYING
[5] Won against ThePillsburyDoughBoy | 3/2/2013 | 2-3-0 | +10 | 13.75 total | Proof

red = below 10
bold red = below 5

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wow, I was pleasantly surprised to see Belly Drum Poliwrath kicking butt even in Smogon Doubles xD Well-played, Level 51! I think if you have used Spore on Escavalier on Turn 8 instead of Rage Powder you would have been able to cleanly finish the game with your ShroomFrog combo.

Also Giga Drain on Ludicolo plz.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
nice format lv51 mind if i borrow

(1) Won Against Level-51 | 2/2/2013 | 1-0-0 | +15 | 35 total | proof
(2) Won Against PenguinX | 2/2/2013 | 2-0-0 | +19 | 54 total | proof
(3) Won Against Doughboy | 2/2/2013 | 3-0-0 | +10 | 64 total | proof
(4) Won Against AuraRayquaza | 2/2/2013 | 4-0-0 | +19 | 83 total | proof

Pocket

Guys, stop picking on Level 51's BD Wrath :<

Since ladder activity is so pivotal to Smogon Double's success, post a screenshot of past and present alts with 100+ games played - for every 100 games, you will be rewarded with 5 pts. Even if it's the same alt, you can be rewarded multiple times for every multiples of 100 matches.

Bottom Line: 100 ladder games = 5 pts!

Level 51

What the heck is BD Wrath ;-;
>edit: oh nvm
>edit2: wait they're picking on it?
Also wow, this is exactly what I needed omg :D
Expect more updates on my base post
>edit3: although I also propose we give points for places below #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)