Gen 6 Dice's Team Repository (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hello dice :toast:

Could you please post the team you used in that replay (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-551 ) ? I know SPL teams are secret and all but I'm just a sucker for those teams lol :P. My opinion is that it's a bit Killer Moose weak but the idea is very nice and some sets are pretty interesting, like Arceus's for example. I'm really looking forward for your reply because that team is probably my favourite Ubers team from last SPL!

update:

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
- Shadow Sneak

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Shaymin-Sky @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Healing Wish
- Earth Power

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Thunder

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot / Taunt

i've editted the op slightly. mainly: the kangaskhan team and removed a few teams which will be readded when i feel they are perfected. anyway, this is my takes on greninja spikes. and, yes, it's weird. but here's why: i don't think spikes leads are reliable / viable in a standard setting unless you go to extremes. i would only use spikes leads + a separate sr setter which is prone to defog (any sr'r that isn't aerodactyl or deo-a.. but why deo-a if you're going to use greninja?) if and only if i felt comfortable with having to predict against my opponent. i do not like teams which force me to predict. if you're predicting, in my eyes, you're behind in the game and have to make plays to get back into it. thus, teams which have suicide spikes + separate stealth rock setters have a fatal flaw for me. i think hack's greninja + dialga team is built very well, but i hate how prone it is to defog. if greninja dies and all it has achieved is poisoning an arceus for dialga to weaken while the arceus gets a defog off.. who is really the winner here? this means that you usually have to predict to keep up tspikes which goes against my teambuilding philosophies.

so, this team features the only stealth rocker which can't be defogged upon: aerodactyl. yes this team is weird, but it is actually a fun form of offense. the pokemon are somewhat unorthodox, but that has to be the case when you go with some kind of reliable spikes route in my opinion. scarf shaymin-s + tspikes is an idea that i took from edgar's scolipede team which i thought was a genius idea to help check xerneas. this means that i can compress both a water resist for kyogre, sweeper reviver, and a xerneas check into one slot. this helped me form the team. arceus-ghost runs swords dance to help overpower opposing defog arceus if i ever come to that situation and have to try and shadow force out --> nail it. plus, shadow force isn't as abusable unlike on standard teams which don't have spikes + tspikes to punish normal types. xerneas is just here for the resistances and sweeping ability. palkia and yveltal get covered and it's dangerous. hp fire since scizor is mo. lastly, darkrai. now i know i have tspikes, but i don't always set them depending on the matchup and darkrai allows me to check arceus-ghost and it can prevent defog with power. i'm unsure on nasty plot or taunt, but i've found np is typically better so i've been sticking with it.

this team isn't the prettiest to look at, sure, but i think it's pretty nifty so i thought i'd share. just a different idea to try out i guess. tl;dr explore new pokes since you can find some cool new shit

I feel what's dragging the team down is the reliance on flinches from Shaymin-S. Against Deo-S offense you will outright lose if you don't get that flinch- max HP Deo-S is only 3HKO too so you need 2 flinches in a row. If you let it get up SR from the lead spot your dual sash users will at best come in after something died and suicide spike/SR once, at worst they will just be death fodder. Other scenarios where you need flinches are against any defoger should you be up against them. Your team simply threw away all defensive security for hazards advantage which means that if your hazards are prevented/removed you will have no way of breaking teams.

2 sash mons is a cool idea for the hazard game but I feel you give up too much defensive synergy at the same time. Playing 4 mons with a hazard advantage isn't always worth it.

Another thing that really bugs me is the Darkrai. It shouldn't be there as you have ts preventing it from sleeping stuff freely. Arceus variants, scarfers and Xerneas and Kanga are now much better checks than they should be unless of course you have a nasty plot under your belt which isn't always the case.

I think the concept was pretty cool but it's not something I'm overall fond of- I'd rather, as you put it, let an Arceus take poison and get a defog off and having a solid core than going all extreme, but thanks for sharing anyway.

it's either a solid core or lack of a defog weakness. this team covers /most/ threats well by the way it's built (i don't autolose to anything) while having some solid offensive pressure as i can maintain the spikes.

thing about darkrai is that he isn't sleeping only grounded mons and ghosty can help against kanga if need be.

basically, spikes just suck though. this build obviously isn't going to be perfect but i vastly prefer it over a team which has to needlessly predict to maintain hazards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)